Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePsycheese
Stranger
 User Gallery

Mescaline powder ID help bros
    #27144084 - 01/12/21 03:17 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

http://http://[url=http://files.shroomery.org/files/21-002/048955239-m2.jpg]http://
Hello guys i hope i have uploaded the pics correctly.
so the dealer of a friend gifted him this, it was more powder but i took half with me the dealer said it's for two persons.
I dont have a weigh but it looks like a gram maybe a lil bit more, does it look like mescaline? how much should i take? according to the dealer (who is a psych enthusiast) i should take all that you see in the picture but idk. first of all i wanna be sure its mescaline.
What do you guys think? sorry if my english is bad its not my native
greetings amigos im from mexico

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFuriousCaps
Psilocybin Fairy
Re: Mescaline powder ID help bros [Re: Psycheese]
    #27144115 - 01/12/21 03:41 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Ngl, from my intense amount of experience doing drugs.. you're better off getting a scale and a test kit. 100% you'll have a better time doing ANYTHING that way. Promise.
Be safe and enjoy the trip!

OfflinePsycheese
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Mescaline powder ID help bros [Re: FuriousCaps]
    #27144116 - 01/12/21 03:43 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

i know and you're right i've had a scale before but... you know haha...

any replies on the ID?
greetings

InvisibleReoSpeedwagon153
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chetumal, Mexico
Re: Mescaline powder ID help bros [Re: Psycheese]
    #27144480 - 01/12/21 07:07 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

edit: TLDR - the powder might be mescaline but if so I think there may be a lot of hydrochloric acid in it, and I do not recommend taking it.

-

no one can identify a powder from an picture, that is impossible. it’s difficult enough to identify with reagent test kits, and the only way to know for sure what is in the powder is a very expensive and difficult laboratory procedure that you will not have access to.

so it kinda comes down to how much you trust this guy... there are people in my life who if they gave me some powder and said it was mesc I would believe them. there are others who I would believe, but worry about how well the extraction was performed and what else may be in the powder. if a ‘dealer’ of any kind offered to sell me mesc I would be extremely suspicious because it is nearly unheard of in the drug market.

it is impossible to tell how much powder is in the pic (and I think it’s against forum rules right?) so anything related to dosage advice is out of the question.

the appearance of the powder is consistent with extracted mescaline/other alks, which actually varies a lot in color if not purified. the big thing here is that most mescaline teks call for a salting step in which an acidic solution is passed through an alkaloid rich solvent to pull the freebase alkaloids out as acid salts. this is totally fine, but unless a final purification step is done some of the acid can remain in the final product. if the acid used is vinegar or citric acid the result is mescaline (+ other alks...) acetate or citrate respectively, and the acid potentially left in the product will be food safe. if the acid used is hydrochloric acid or sulfuric acid (both recommended in the most common teks) the result is mescaline (+) hydcrochloride or sulfate, and the potentially leftover acid is NOT food safe and possibly dangerous to consume.

IF the powder in the picture is actually mescaline/cactus extract, it appears to not have been purified with a final wash (it is possible it was, but I believe it would appear much lighter in color and more homogenized), and I would bet there is acid leftover from the salting step... which could just be foodsafe vinegar or vitamin C. but it could also definitely be muriatic or sulfuric acid, both of which are very strong and corrosive acids. I think it is likely contaminated with hydrochloric acid, which in my experience produces a brown-black color when leftover in mescaline extracts.

if you are doing a mescaline tek, especially for the first time or two, it is VERY EASY to overdo the acid in the salting step and wind up with a dirty extract. I found this particularly difficult when using hydrochloric acid, and I was forced to learn how to do a final washing step to clean up the product. the final wash is more difficult than the rest of the extraction because it requires removing water from a solvent like acetone or MEK with a drying agent, and this can be a tricky thing to learn.

--------------------
“I thought naming myself ‘ReoSpeedwagon153’ on a forum was a funny idea in 2006.”

Edited by ReoSpeedwagon153 (01/12/21 07:13 PM)

Invisiblepuff4200
Natural born lever puller

Re: Mescaline powder ID help bros [Re: ReoSpeedwagon153]
    #27144529 - 01/12/21 07:28 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Looks legit but as another person said looks a little brown which means leftover acid which is easy to accidentally do. You can just wash it with a little 99.9% ipa or anhydrous acetone. Put the power in a small jar pour some of the liquid on top, swirl, let settle. Suck up as much of the liquid as possible then dump it out rinse the container with whatever you used to clean it then dump it back onto a pyrex and let it evaporate and scrape.

OfflineTyperwritermonky
shboop a doop a doop

Loc: Mrs. Brown's Teahouse
Re: Mescaline powder ID help bros [Re: puff4200]
    #27144627 - 01/12/21 08:24 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

It could also be mescaline sulfate or something else, it doesn't have to be burnt mescaline HCL.

The only way to tell if it's mescaline is a test kit.  But if you trust you friend, then well thats all that counts.  Without a scale it's very hard to dose.  Regardless, if its a mescaline crystalline extract it looks a little impure so probably 400mg+ each would be a really good experience.  If its a gram, 500mg would be a nice strong experience, bordering on L4.

OfflinePandemoon
Ἧeẍeᾐmeḭsṫeŗ ͛
Male User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: Mescaline powder ID help bros [Re: Typerwritermonky]
    #27144962 - 01/13/21 02:02 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Suspicious. I never heard of anyone gifting mescaline, as it's so rare and expensive. A dose goes for 40 to 100 bucks usually. You were gifted two doses..? You must know your dealer very well. :strokebeard:

It doesn't look clean at all. I'd wash it with acetone or IPA at least once, to get rid of any leftover acid.

-

InvisibleBlazer420
ŦøжїϿ ÐȐȜȧƜƐȓ

Re: Mescaline powder ID help bros [Re: Pandemoon]
    #27144979 - 01/13/21 02:45 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

nobody can id powder by the picture bro....... wtf hahaha.

100% acetone wash that, see how much yellow/unpure shit comes out

--------------------
~ I used to get high on life, until I realized life was cut with morons ~
* You need 2 wake up and smell the music! *
- We are all computer data in a materialistic world -
| Sometimes you have to lose yourself, to find anything |

Edited by Blazer420 (01/14/21 12:40 AM)

Male User Gallery

Re: Mescaline powder ID help bros [Re: Blazer420]
    #27145680 - 01/13/21 11:19 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

with everyone just kind of brushing past the the “99%” part of the “just wash the shit” thing, I wanted to add that you have to remove the water from your solvent. if you use acetone straight from the can you will lose a significant portion of the actives when you wash.

acetone is usually used here, but different mescaline salts have different solubilities etc.

basically you take some baking soda, spread it out flat on a baking sheet lined with foil and bake it on 200 until it turns from sodium bicarbonate to sodium carbonate - it becomes flatter and has a more ‘matte’ appearance (it’s pretty obvious when it’s done). this is your drying agent.

you put some of your fresh made sodium carbonate directly into the can of acetone - I can’t remember exactly how much to use but you can pretty much just dump a bunch of it in there. this will absorb the small amount of water that the solvent has picked up from the air, from manufacturing, etc. and make it ~99% pure acetone. generally you want to put some of this into a clean sealed jar, and into the freezer until all the drying agent has settled out and the acetone is very very cold.

then you do the wash with the cold acetone. if everything went well the acetone will pick up the impurities (likely leftover acid, I suspect HCl) and what is left will be a lot cleaner and less... uh, chock full of dangerous acids...

that is, if this shit is even mescaline... which it very well could be, I think it probably is. dosage after washing should be consistent with erowid etc. 300-400mg is the sweet spot.

maybe don’t make a habit of consuming unidentified powders from here on out though...

--------------------
“I thought naming myself ‘ReoSpeedwagon153’ on a forum was a funny idea in 2006.”

Offlinequillip
Spiritual Void

#27145770 - 01/13/21 12:01 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

My inexperience is probably showing here, but if this is salted mescaline with an excess of acid present, could you not just dissolve it in water and add baking soda until no reaction occurs?

Male User Gallery

Re: Mescaline powder ID help bros [Re: quillip]
    #27145789 - 01/13/21 12:11 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

yes you can do that for sure, baking soda will neutralize the acid, and if it was HCl I think you’ll end up with salt (NaCl) in the final product. if it was sulfuric acid it would leave sodium sulfate I think? I am pretty sure sodium sulfate should be safe but that is something you should look up.

people don’t usually do it this way because it screws up dosage - the salt adds weight and it is pretty hard to remove once it’s in the final product. also the washing step removes other things that come along in the extraction, usually other alkaloids. some of those seem to potentiate mescaline, others may tone down the experience - it’s weird, but pure washed mesc is usually preferred

--------------------

OfflineNeurotech
Stranger

#27145947 - 01/13/21 01:18 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I don't have any experience with it, but I came across this kit. Basic is $20, recommended kit is $45.

https://bunkpolice.com/product/mescaline-spot-kit-package/

I don't know how much of the powder you need for testing, but even if it needs it all, it would give you a good idea as to whether to trust the product?
It comes with Marquis, Mecke, and Froehde spot kits.

Mecke allows you to positively identify mescaline and also check for 25C-NBOMe, 2C-B, 4-HO-MiPT, DOB, DOM25E-NBOMe, 2C-B-FLY, 4-AcO-DALT, 2C-C, 25D-NBOMe, 25iP-NBOME, BK-2C-B, TMA-6, 25I-NBOMe, 5-MeO-AMT, 25N-NBOMe, 25B-NBOMe, 2C-iP, 2C-P, allylescaline, 5-APB succanate, escaline, 2C-D, 2C-I, 4-HO-MET, proscaline, 3C-E, 2C-E, and DOC.

Froehde allows you to check for 25B-NBOMe, 25iP-NBOMe, 25C-NBOMe, 25E-NBOMe, 2C-B, 2C-C, 2C-B-FLY, 2C-BZ, DOB, TMA-6, 4-AcO-DALT, 4-HO-MET, 4-HO-MIPT, escaline, 25I-NBOMe, BK-2C-B, allylescaline, 2C-I, 25N-NBOMe, proscaline, 5-MeO-MiPT, and 5-MeO-AMT.

Edited by Neurotech (01/13/21 01:20 PM)

InvisibleBlazer420
ŦøжїϿ ÐȐȜȧƜƐȓ

Re: Mescaline powder ID help bros [Re: Neurotech] * 1
    #27146937 - 01/14/21 12:56 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

damn those test kits are getting more and more advanced :super:

--------------------
~ I used to get high on life, until I realized life was cut with morons ~
* You need 2 wake up and smell the music! *
- We are all computer data in a materialistic world -
| Sometimes you have to lose yourself, to find anything |

Offlinealchemy4me
Seeker
Re: Mescaline powder ID help bros [Re: Blazer420]
    #27149259 - 01/15/21 07:26 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I've seen pictures of mescaline sulfate which had a needle-like structure. I've seen Mescaline Hcl that just looked like small non-needle-like crystals. What you have there does not look like any pure type of synthesized mescaline, but could be a crude extraction from cacti. At best it's a crude extraction in my opinion.

cheers

OfflineDr. Delban
Incognito hippie in disguise
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: Mescaline powder ID help bros [Re: alchemy4me]
    #27149931 - 01/15/21 03:18 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

To me it looks like powdered dried cactus. Not even an extract.

But most likely it is some unwanted cheap RC that he didn't care about.

I wouldn't eat that.

Ask yourself how desperate are you to take an unidentified powder. Unless you know and trust the guy very well and he can explain how it was produced? But I doubt it.

--------------------
Experimenting with sobriety

Male User Gallery

Re: Mescaline powder ID help bros [Re: Dr. Delban]
    #27150201 - 01/15/21 05:35 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

that’s a good point it actually does look a bit like just dried cactus flesh, in which case 1g is basically nothing

I guess op never came back anyway

--------------------

OfflinePsycheese
Stranger
 User Gallery

#27156081 - 01/18/21 06:32 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

when i mixed it with water it made bubbles, you scare me with the acid thing haha, what can i do next time to purify the product?

OfflinePsycheese
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Mescaline powder ID help bros [Re: Pandemoon]
    #27156085 - 01/18/21 06:33 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

he's been his dealer for years, in my expirience if you are a good customer you a get free samples once in a while at least in my country mexico

OfflinePsycheese
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Mescaline powder ID help bros [Re: Dr. Delban]
    #27156115 - 01/18/21 06:49 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

hmmm no

OfflinePsycheese
Stranger
 User Gallery

#27156122 - 01/18/21 06:52 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

im back bro sorry

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies