Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Agar, Gypsum

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGermanShaman
Stranger
Looking for suggestions for Agar recipe please.
    #27143432 - 01/12/21 11:43 AM (14 days, 7 hours ago)

At the moment my recipe for agar is

5g Agar Agar.
7.5g LME.
250ml water.

I got this from Arvin47 on youtube.

Is this ok?  Could to do better?  I assume that the LME provides the nutirents while the Agar Agar powder enables it to be sold at room temp.

If I make changes chat should those be? Increase/decrease the LME concentration perhaps?

Many thanks.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinekanemush
Stranger
Male
Re: Looking for suggestions for Agar recipe please. [Re: GermanShaman]
    #27143439 - 01/12/21 11:46 AM (14 days, 7 hours ago)

that should be fine probably could cut the LME to 5g.

OfflineHaywire
Wetspot Wizard
Male

Re: Looking for suggestions for Agar recipe please. [Re: kanemush] * 1
    #27145199 - 01/13/21 08:55 AM (13 days, 10 hours ago)

hey man,

I get it your new and all but you really need to learn to use the search function.
you're asking a million questions which have already been answered a million times.
please make an effort of doing some research first.

edit: damn, you're not even new.

--------------------
Ciao mamma, guarda come mi diverto

My grows :mushroom2: Outdoor patches

Edited by Haywire (01/13/21 08:56 AM)

OfflineGermanShaman
Stranger
Re: Looking for suggestions for Agar recipe please. [Re: Haywire]
    #27145595 - 01/13/21 12:42 PM (13 days, 6 hours ago)

I tried to search but the problem I find is that there are a load of posts that are many years old and I cant tell how old they are.(Maybe forum admin can help).

I ask here because I want the latest advice on best practice.

So for my Agar recipe question, I got that from a guy on Youtube.

That same guy also recommends adding coffee and Gypsum to the grains. Where as here people say that adding Gypsum is old skool and not required.

I also have a book that suggests 4% LME concentration for LC and I come here and I am told that 0.2% would be better, (so I am going to give that a go).

The whole point of coming to a forum like this is to share best practice amongst users so that we dont all make the same mistakes and reinvent the same wheel.

You are right that I am not so new.

I have had several months of frustration doing things by myself and thrown away loads and loads of grows lost to contam. I thought I was doing what seemed like the right things and then I came here and realised some of my mistakes. So I have had some successes as a result but I am still making a few basic mistakes.

I am here to learn from those that have been before me and not make silly experimental mistakes.

Lets stand on the shoulders of giants. I hope that you can understand.

OfflineMushroomNewbie2
Amateur Cultivator
Male

Loc: Going To The Clouds
    #27145620 - 01/13/21 12:53 PM (13 days, 6 hours ago)

Super useful link for agar:
https://www.shroomery.org/5243/What-are-some-good-agar-media-recipes
I never get any of my recipes, teks, etc on any other site than shroomery. Much easier that way.
Also all the posts should have dates on them! For me it’s near the subject.

Edited by MushroomNewbie2 (01/13/21 12:56 PM)

Invisiblecoversall
إِنْ شَاءَ ٱللَهُ‎

Loc: Antartica
    #27145695 - 01/13/21 01:30 PM (13 days, 5 hours ago)

Quote:

GermanShaman said:
I tried to search but the problem I find is that there are a load of posts that are many years old and I cant tell how old they are.(Maybe forum admin can help).

I ask here because I want the latest advice on best practice.

So for my Agar recipe question, I got that from a guy on Youtube.

That same guy also recommends adding coffee and Gypsum to the grains. Where as here people say that adding Gypsum is old skool and not required.

I also have a book that suggests 4% LME concentration for LC and I come here and I am told that 0.2% would be better, (so I am going to give that a go).

The whole point of coming to a forum like this is to share best practice amongst users so that we dont all make the same mistakes and reinvent the same wheel.

You are right that I am not so new.

I have had several months of frustration doing things by myself and thrown away loads and loads of grows lost to contam. I thought I was doing what seemed like the right things and then I came here and realised some of my mistakes. So I have had some successes as a result but I am still making a few basic mistakes.

I am here to learn from those that have been before me and not make silly experimental mistakes.

Lets stand on the shoulders of giants. I hope that you can understand.

One of the best features here is the search engine, but you're right, it is opaque to the unfamiliar. When you've got a sec have a quick read of this post. Getting to gripes with it and being able to manipulate your searches will save you time and see you well in the long run.

OfflineGermanShaman
Stranger
Re: Looking for suggestions for Agar recipe please. [Re: coversall]
    #27145749 - 01/13/21 01:54 PM (13 days, 5 hours ago)

thanks for the link coversall. I will have a read of that later tonight.

Don't get me wrong guys, I am not averse to reading stuff here. In fact many a night have I sat in bed reading some of the long posts here.  Very Very educational.  I just want to use my time as wisly as possible and get the biggest bang for buck.

Invisiblecoversall
إِنْ شَاءَ ٱللَهُ‎

Loc: Antartica
    #27145777 - 01/13/21 02:04 PM (13 days, 5 hours ago)

starting out mush cult involves a lot of reading. it will also help get advice here if it appears like you've done some work! Not saying you haven't, but learn to love reading.

Don't forget to use the 'toggle favourite' feature at the very bottom of the page. Or make journal posts to collect useful bits of information.

OfflineGermanShaman
Stranger
    #27145884 - 01/13/21 02:52 PM (13 days, 4 hours ago)

Must admit, I have actually been doing a SERIOUS amount of reading and watching youtubes before I came here to ask for advice. Despite all my reading, I was making some really big mistakes and this cost me a fair few $$$s.

It was after all the failures that I came here and decided to ask for help.  Had a few successes as a result now.

Will continue with the learning.

OfflineGermanShaman
Stranger
    #27146167 - 01/13/21 05:54 PM (13 days, 1 hour ago)

just gone though Bodis post on the search function. Its good and detailed and he has done a good job at posting.

However, I am reminded of computer manuals of not so long ago.  Compare that to just plug and play and it does it intuitively. Do you get what I am saying?

If something is made so opaque and complicated then a load of people will just not be able to get it. I can go on a rant about technology being there to be used by us humans and not there just for the sake of being all flash bang.  Its really feedback for the Admins. But I could just be banging my head against a brick wall.

anyway thanks any how.

OfflineCrackatoaS
Stranger in a strange land
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Over by your Mama's house Flag
    #27146463 - 01/13/21 09:00 PM (12 days, 22 hours ago)

Here ya go brother
D3monics tek

OfflineGermanShaman
Stranger
Re: Looking for suggestions for Agar recipe please. [Re: Crackatoa]
    #27147235 - 01/14/21 09:50 AM (12 days, 9 hours ago)

thanks for that buddy. Perfect. just what I was looking for, along with some of the other recipes.  I dont bother with coloring.

I see that the ratio Agar Agar to LME is very different from what I have been using so I will give these a shot. ie lower LME concentration.

Very helpful.
Thanks again.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Agar, Gypsum

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started