Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinepsilozuibin6
Stranger
Vomiting reflex on high doses? (13g dried)
    #27142011 - 01/11/21 01:06 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Does anyone know why this happens? Took 13g dried yesterday with 9 drops of lemon essential oil to reduce the shroom nausea.

It ended up being a very intense experience, and in some moments I would get a very strong urge to puke and even went through the puking motion and nothing came out. Also noticed that the visuals would get way stronger when giving in to the puking motion.

It was very similar to the strong urge to vomit while on ayahuasca.

I'm wondering if it's necessary to give in and go through that motion in order to go "higher" into the trip?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineInnerWisdom
Male

Loc: North EU
Re: Vomiting reflex on high doses? (13g dried) [Re: psilozuibin6] * 1
    #27142018 - 01/11/21 01:09 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

if you took 13g dried in actual mushrooms, then I am sure purely the mushrooms sitting in your stomach were enough to induce nausea and vomiting. Add to that the amount of actives there and that's your equation = vomiting reflex and heavy nausea.

OfflineSabnock
Be Your Own Shaman
Male

Re: Vomiting reflex on high doses? (13g dried) [Re: InnerWisdom]
    #27142065 - 01/11/21 01:45 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Try tea instead of mushroom material, and try pure Limonene at 10 drops instead of the Lemon EO. Limonene is the active in Lemon EO for nausea/vomiting but works better than the Lemon EO. Been taking the Limonene with my Rue lately, no nausea/vomiting at all. 10 drops, in a capsule, taken like 30 minutes before or with the mushroom tea.

--------------------

Offlinehankwheels
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Vomiting reflex on high doses? (13g dried) [Re: Sabnock] * 1
    #27142491 - 01/11/21 05:55 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I only ate four or five dried golden teacher mushrooms and my nausea during my trip was unbearable.  It was my first time tripping so I had no idea what to expect despite doing a lot of research on magic mushrooms. I feel no amount of research could prepare me for what I went through.

Anyway, I vomited on myself two or three times while lying on my couch, I'm actually surprised I didn't choke at all.  I remember while tripping I wasn't even sure if me vomiting was actually happening or if it was a hallucination. By the time I came back down it was quite the mess.

I have been scared to trip since, I have only microdosed a couple times, not sure if I'll ever take a larger dose again.  I am super interested in trying LSD though, I am hoping I don't have any issues with nausea with it.

OfflineskOsH
Functionally dysfunctional
 User Gallery

Loc: the PNW
Re: Vomiting reflex on high doses? (13g dried) [Re: hankwheels]
    #27142534 - 01/11/21 06:40 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I only got nausea from mushrooms when I ate a lot and didn't prepare them in a tea with lots of ginger, honey, and lemon (for lemon tekking into psilocin)

Pure psilocybin is reported to not cause nausea

You could prepare a tea with ginger and lemon.

Also I used to get sick on shrooms, but I pinpointed it to forgetting to breathe enough through my nose, coupled with a spike in anxiety / nervousness. All it took was me to acknowledge that I got sick after the anxiety

So now I do deep breathing exercises and meditation if I feel like my trip is spiraling

Although I didn't mind vomiting on a high dose before. Everything was so trippy and colorful at that point I mostly just apologize to the toilet and I feel bad for it lol. That's high doses for ya. I did feel higher after i did it. Felt like a cleansing ritual

But yeah, mix that with ginger. I would also pulverize the mush matter and strain it with hot water. a reusable coffee filter drainer works nice. I also feel like part of the nausea is the weird mushy matter in the stomach. Probably feels weird for some

Edit: I don't like vomiting much at all and avoid it as much as possible so I don't feel like it is worth feeling higher. I think it's just waves of psychedelic visuals and headspace that makes that action feel more intense.

Edited by skOsH (01/11/21 06:43 PM)

Offlinepsilozuibin6
Stranger
Re: Vomiting reflex on high doses? (13g dried) [Re: skOsH] * 1
    #27142652 - 01/11/21 08:25 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah... I ate the shrooms whole. I had a very hard time swallowing the last 3 - 4 grams, the taste itself gave me quite a bit of nausea but it mostly disappeared after the come up.

I'll definitely try preparing shroom tea next time, in case it was just too much mush material in my stomach :frown:.

Unfortunately, I don't really have access to pure limonene. So lemon essential oil is the next best thing for nausea I have. Maybe I'll try adding a few more drops for higher doses.

I really hate feeling nauseous and puking, so I hope I won't have to puke every time I want to have strong psychedelic experiences :p

OfflineSabnock
Be Your Own Shaman
Male

Re: Vomiting reflex on high doses? (13g dried) [Re: psilozuibin6]
    #27142817 - 01/11/21 10:37 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

psilozuibin6 said: Unfortunately, I don't really have access to pure limonene. So lemon essential oil is the next best thing for nausea I have. Maybe I'll try adding a few more drops for higher doses.

I really hate feeling nauseous and puking, so I hope I won't have to puke every time I want to have strong psychedelic experiences :p

Look on amazon for Limonene, there's a brand i use called Blubonic Industries, but if you can't find that just browse around, it's pretty obtainable, it's used as a natural cleaner/degreaser and as a solvent, but is also used for medicinal purposes, helps me a lot with heartburn, so much more so than antacids or h2 blockers or ppi's, i'm thinking because it acts as a prokinetic agent somehow and gets digestion going, but also blocks out nausea/vomiting. When i take 10 drops of Limonene with a high to heavy dosage of Rue, i find it's very effective for handling the gut stuff, although i can still have a little discomfort like a bit of pressure or some gas or something, but no nausea and no vomiting.

Lemon EO will work, or can work, because it's what i first tried, and it did help, i used 10 to 12 drops of Lemon EO, usually 10 iirc. To put it into a bit of perspective, if i take 8 drops of Limonene it helps but not as much, i take 10 drops and it works well. So you can try upping the dosage of Lemon EO, it's not gonna hurt you or anything, i took it at 10 drops twice a day everyday for maybe 2 years or so, it's good medicine too but i just found Limonene to work better for this kinda thing, plus that way you don't have other compounds in the Lemon EO influencing the experience/effects, although that can be quite interesting as well ime.

--------------------

OfflineNichrome
I'm a torso!
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Zone 5
Re: Vomiting reflex on high doses? (13g dried) [Re: Sabnock] * 1
    #27142884 - 01/11/21 11:20 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Try consuming them with fat rather than acid or carbs.... Whole different ballgame.

--------------------
“Tea is the magic key to the vault where my brain is kept.” – Frances Hardinge

Invisiblepacmanbreed
 User Gallery

Re: Vomiting reflex on high doses? (13g dried) [Re: Nichrome]
    #27142930 - 01/11/21 11:57 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I can imagine taking em with fat, I wonder what's the best fat that combines best with cubes aside from chocolate.

OfflineLoaded Shaman
Psychophysiologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Now O'Clock
Re: Vomiting reflex on high doses? (13g dried) [Re: InnerWisdom]
    #27142978 - 01/12/21 12:25 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

InnerWisdom said:
if you took 13g dried in actual mushrooms, then I am sure purely the mushrooms sitting in your stomach were enough to induce nausea and vomiting. Add to that the amount of actives there and that's your equation = vomiting reflex and heavy nausea.

Literally came in here to surmise this.

--------------------

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance." — Confucius

OfflineNichrome
I'm a torso!

Re: Vomiting reflex on high doses? (13g dried) [Re: pacmanbreed] * 1
    #27143522 - 01/12/21 10:26 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

pacmanbreed said:
I can imagine taking em with fat, I wonder what's the best fat that combines best with cubes aside from chocolate.

Kerrygold butter (four-carbon butyric acid does not need to be acted on by bile salts but is directly absorbed for energy), rendered bear fat, bacon fat, cocoa butter, etc. Anything that gets digested easily and the human body want's to consume for nutrients.

The way the body digests fats is a whole different ballgame. Your liver is your friend. Take care of it and it will take care of you.

My body doesn't like coconut oil at all and I tend to just shit it all out after burping it up all night.

If you're into "science"( life is art lol), maybe look into MCT oil...

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#27143659 - 01/12/21 11:30 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

nausea is next to godliness (so is death - not that that is an issue with shrooms)

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineNeurotech
Stranger

#27143668 - 01/12/21 11:37 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

While its a given that shrooms and aya can make you nauseous, your post reminded me of a trip long ago when I was 17. It was one of the most intense trips I had at the time, several hundered mcg of LSD. My three buddies and I were walking around campus in full telepathy, having conversations and telling jokes even when at opposite ends of campus for a while. At one point in this as we stood on a small bridge over a stream, we all started to address my issues and I came to see that I had all this guilt and attachment that wasn't good for me but was an integral part of me. As I worked to let go, it came up as puke into the stream. The act of puking my past issues released me.

That being said, my experiences with peyote always resulted in the full trip exploding after those nasties were puked up.

OfflineNichrome
I'm a torso!

Re: Vomiting reflex on high doses? (13g dried) [Re: Neurotech]
    #27143712 - 01/12/21 11:58 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Purging is often what the body needs to get rid of old nasty stuff. I've always been thankful for the puking and the conversations I have with myself and higher things during the process. It seems like afterwards my body, mind, and overall experience goes in a very medicinal direction.

When the vomit feeling does not occur the direction of the experience tents to become intensely cerebral like a massive and beautiful data dump into what I am that takes years to process and might not even be for me but for my future ancestors.

Both routes are equally rewarding, spiritually enhancing, powerful, meaningful, informative, and wonderful experiences. Almost destiny driven.

It is good to know how to direct an experience by understanding what and how. I have yet to have a "bad" experience. Some very scary (full body disintegration and visions of death and such) or what have you but not bad.

When I puke it's like my ancient grandmother grabs my guts and squeezes the nasty out of me, all the while giving me a lecture on health and what all this is and why I am love. I have to acknowledge things and come to an understanding before it stops and the waves of info take hold. Like my antennae needs calibration.

--------------------

OfflineLyme.girl
Stranger

Re: Vomiting reflex on high doses? (13g dried) [Re: Nichrome] * 1
    #27145073 - 01/13/21 05:21 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I have found eating a little something high fat before taking them prevents nausea and my first meal after my trip is also high fat. Helps with nausea during and brain fatigue after. My dose is lower than 13 but maybe the same would work

InvisibleLeafRaker
nomad
 User Gallery

#27145129 - 01/13/21 06:09 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Does consuming with fat substantially alter the experience in ways other than limiting digestive distress?

--------------------
Knowledge is finite, ignorance is infinite.

OfflineTyperwritermonky
shboop a doop a doop

Loc: Mrs. Brown's Teahouse
Re: Vomiting reflex on high doses? (13g dried) [Re: LeafRaker]
    #27146401 - 01/13/21 06:18 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Could what the OP is experiencing is serotonin surges throughout the trip?  As in his stomach is pumping out tons of serotonin in response to the high mushroom dosage; and that's what's giving him the "nausea" and "urge to vomit" especially considering he said nothing was coming up.  At that high of a dosage the body is probably doing strange things.. man why do people need to take such a high amount?  Is there really things to be gained by taking 14g of mushrooms that can't be gained by 6-7g?

OfflineSabnock
Be Your Own Shaman
Male

Re: Vomiting reflex on high doses? (13g dried) [Re: Typerwritermonky]
    #27146468 - 01/13/21 07:01 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Typerwritermonky said: man why do people need to take such a high amount?  Is there really things to be gained by taking 14g of mushrooms that can't be gained by 6-7g?

Maybe, maybe not, personally i'd rather potentiate the mushrooms by using MAO-A inhibition (Harmalas/Rue or Moclobemide) and get more out of 7 grams or less, than to just take more mushrooms. I mean mixing them with MAO-A inhibition may change things a bit, but i feel like i get more from mushrooms or 4-ACO-DMT with MAO-A inhibition compared to without MAO-A inhibition.

--------------------

OfflineTyperwritermonky
shboop a doop a doop

Loc: Mrs. Brown's Teahouse
Re: Vomiting reflex on high doses? (13g dried) [Re: Sabnock]
    #27148443 - 01/14/21 07:13 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Why don't you use b. caapi for an MAOI?  with the telepanine content it seems the absolute best.

OfflineRise against
Stranger
 User Gallery

#27148794 - 01/14/21 10:41 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

This happened to me when I took 20-25g of dried mushrooms. It's the only time I've puked mushrooms. And the experience did intensify. time was no longer linear, there was no past, present, or future. I could not tell if the puke was coming out of me or coming into me. I became 100% emersed in open eye visuals. I could see 2 infinite fractals and I was physically riding on both of them simultaneously but kept warping back into the same spot. It was fucking nuts

Edited by Rise against (01/14/21 10:42 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale