Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Coir, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinecalmtitty
Scholar

Loc: Canada Flag
skinny stems, fat caps
    #27142368 - 01/11/21 06:41 PM (12 days, 2 hours ago)

Just like the title says. This is my first grow so I don't have any experience to go off.. I'm pretty sure my FAE is good, I was actually worried I had too much for most of the time. This is multispore.

If this is normal I'm not complaining at all. I've just read so much that skinny stems + fuzzy feet = bad FAE. The only thing I have against me here is that my lowest holes are about 4 inches above the sub, and the sub itself is only 2.5 inches thick. It could just be genetics though. 

Would love someone to weigh in on this.

Edited by calmtitty (01/11/21 06:41 PM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTight Lunchbox
Drunk cat

Re: skinny stems, fat caps [Re: calmtitty]
    #27142452 - 01/11/21 07:33 PM (12 days, 1 hour ago)

This all looks ok to me. A little bit of fuzzy feet is normal and that's what I see here. If your fruits were choked for air they would be long and stringy.

--------------------
"it's all a joke between mom contractions and coffin fittings"

OfflineTstone
St.of Circumstance
 User Gallery

Loc: This Planet
    #27142453 - 01/11/21 07:33 PM (12 days, 1 hour ago)

First off, nice pin set. From that, I think the overall environment is fine.  The fuzzy feet, not that bad. Honestly, it's genetics in that round. Sub isn't overly wet ( shrooms not looking waterlogged). 

FYI, from MS, it's a crap shoot. I can tell you, I'm more disappointed with MS, then excited. But, once you find that " one" set of genetics to clone from, you won't ever give them up. Personally, leave the tub as is, it's actually doing well.

--------------------
Wake now, discover that you are the song that morning brings, but the heart has it's seasons, it's evenings and songs of it's own"

InvisibleEZPZyaBZ
J u s t V i s i t i n g

#27142469 - 01/11/21 07:39 PM (12 days, 1 hour ago)

Those look perfectly normal to me. Doesn't look like bad FAE either.

First flush fruits in monos are on the smaller side, and those look normal to me. Obviously clone your best/fattest/first-forming pin and maybe you can get the genetics narrowed to a beefier appearance.

Alternatively, I like to narrow down the genetic profile to the best performance possible right out of the gate, so I go hard with a round of MS tubs before doing any cloning. MS is such a crap shoot as far as results/the kind of fruit they bear, so it is my experience that it is best to do A LOT of MS in the beginning to pick the best of the best in terms of aggressive cultures, and then of the most aggressive MS cultures you can pick the best resulting fruit bodies from the best possible MS beginnings you can hope for.

The best selection of MS possible can only lead to even better clone cultures / isolations. Start with the best, and continue reaching for better.

Your tub is looking Gucci. :thumbup:

:cheers:

(I typed this response but didn't hit submit before the other guys, I love how so many of us use the term "crap shoot" in reference to MS :lol:)

Offlinecalmtitty
Scholar

Re: skinny stems, fat caps [Re: EZPZyaBZ]
    #27142561 - 01/11/21 09:07 PM (12 days, 3 minutes ago)

That's all awesome to hear, thanks for the responses. I was pretty sure it was good. I'm fucking loving this new hobby. So satisfying lol.  :rockon:

I have a second tub right behind it that came from a g2g from a master from this tub, so we'll see how that goes. Since I have like 8 more syringes (vendor screwed up and forgot to ship, so he sent me like 3x what I ordered free) I think I'll ramp it up and do a bunch more. I've also got all my agar shit sitting here for when I get the time.

Would it be preferable to select a clone from a fruit off of a ms grow, or to select mycel off of an agar plate from a ms syringe? Selecting a fruit makes more sense to me.

OfflineTight Lunchbox
Drunk cat

#27142566 - 01/11/21 09:12 PM (11 days, 23 hours ago)

Clone three or four fruits from your tub and compare performance and potency of each.

--------------------

InvisibleEZPZyaBZ
J u s t V i s i t i n g

#27142580 - 01/11/21 09:21 PM (11 days, 23 hours ago)

Quote:

calmtitty said:
Would it be preferable to select a clone from a fruit off of a ms grow, or to select mycel off of an agar plate from a ms syringe? Selecting a fruit makes more sense to me.

Cloning fruits is usually always superior to playing the guess work of which part of an MS plate will have the best performing genetics, so if you have a wide enough selection of fruits that came from an aggressive culture and you like the looks of them go for it. :smile:

However any time you are starting from MS this is my process.

Blessings on your new endeavor kind sir!

Offlinecalmtitty
Scholar

Re: skinny stems, fat caps [Re: EZPZyaBZ]
    #27146494 - 01/13/21 09:17 PM (9 days, 23 hours ago)

The first flush is in..

Multispore really is a crapshoot, isn't it? I'm not even sure if its worth going for a second flush when I have new grain jars ready to go. I'm a little disappointed, but I got fruits so I'm not complaining!

That one growing upside down, whats up with that??

InvisibleEZPZyaBZ
J u s t V i s i t i n g

#27146503 - 01/13/21 09:23 PM (9 days, 23 hours ago)

Happens :lol:

You'll see many more freaks if you keep at this.

Congrats on your harvest.

Also, nothing to be disappointed about! You got a VERY respectable first flush on an MS tub. You're doing great. :thumbup:

:cheers:

OfflineTight Lunchbox
Drunk cat

#27146514 - 01/13/21 09:35 PM (9 days, 23 hours ago)

Thats not bad for ms, you definitely have plenty of candidates to choose from to run some clones.

--------------------

Invisibleivey77
Female User Gallery

Loc: Missouri
Re: skinny stems, fat caps [Re: Tight Lunchbox]
    #27146548 - 01/13/21 10:03 PM (9 days, 23 hours ago)

An easy way to get a clone you can use is to put the agar in a quarter pint Mason jar, allow to start growing then introduce to light, ge and temp change. The agar will pin and develop a fruiting body. Clone it. You'll know it's going to fruit and likely be an aggressive fruiter. I've been doing that from a single Thai lipa yai culture to 6+ total the past year. I just did transfers today that were number 15 from the original clone.

--------------------
Everything the government says is a lie and everything the government has is stolen.

Offlinecalmtitty
Scholar

Re: skinny stems, fat caps [Re: ivey77]
    #27146590 - 01/13/21 10:43 PM (9 days, 22 hours ago)

That was from 3 quart jars of wbs (Mexican DK) spawned to coir/verm.

I definitely think cloning is the way to go, so that's my next goal. I'm going to try a thicker sub with more spawn and see how that goes. I'm hoping for some thicker fruits.

Edited by calmtitty (01/13/21 10:45 PM)

Invisibleivey77
Female User Gallery

Loc: Missouri
    #27146618 - 01/13/21 10:57 PM (9 days, 22 hours ago)

I really recommend fruiting from the agar. It's easy and so much more successful for me.

--------------------
Everything the government says is a lie and everything the government has is stolen.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Coir, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation