Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineBrownBear
Warrior-Traveler
 User Gallery

Set it & Forget it Grow Tent * 2
    #27026524 - 11/07/20 10:29 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Set it & Forget it Grow Tent

Material:

• 5'x5' grow tent
  • 40 gallon commander tub
  • 10 head ultrasonic mist maker
  • float valve
  • humidistat
  • RO filtration system
  • portable ac unit
  • analog repeat cycle timer

Most of the materials that I am using are being repurposed from my bud growing adventures. The only peices of material that I purchased specifically for this build was a $12 float valve and a $89 ten head ultrasonic mist maker.

I bought this ro system for filling my nutrient reservoirs. You want to only fill the tub with filtrated water or you will have to replace the atomizer's more often.

The ultrasonic mist maker sits on the bottom of the tub. I simply found the best water level to get the most mist and then placed the float valve at that level. I never have to worry about having to refill my reservoir. It refills itself.

I cut a hole into the lid of the commander tub. Then I screwed the flat end of a 6" duct connector to the lid directly over top of the hole. I attached a 6" inline fan to the duct connector and attached a flex hose to the fan. I fed the hose in through the top of the tent and zip tied it and positioned it to pump mist toward the center of the tent.

I already had a portable ac unit so that is what I used for this build. I'm sure you could use another type of fan to do the same thing. I also already had the duct boot attached to the ac unit with the duct hose attached to that for when I pumped cool air into my flowering tent. For this setup I am only using the fan and not the ac. My basement stays between 68 and 72 degrees pretty much all year round.

I bought this humidistat for my bud drying tent. I would have an inline fan sitting on a carbon filter and plugged into the humidistat. I had the humidistat set to turn the fan on when the humidity in the tent would reach 65% and would cut off when it dropped below 60%. It would dry the bud perfectly in 7 days with no need to cure. I would then simply put the bud in mason jars with a humidipak. Never had to burp jars ever.

Anyway I have now repurposed this humidistat to regulate humidty in my mushroom grow tent. The inline fan turns on when the humidity drops below 88% and turns off when it reaches 92%.

I got the idea of the forced intake/ passive exhaust design from a poster on mycotopia who said, "The opppsite of growing MJ". Which is passive intake/forced exhaust. I actually pumped cool air in through the bottom which kept my under the flood table nutrient reservoirs nice and cool and had an inline fan pulling air out and through a 6" carbon filter.

I now use this analog interval timer. I can dial it in for my specific needs.

I set the analog interval timer for 1 minute on/19 minutes off cycles. So the mushrooms affectively receive 3 FAE's per hour. The rh stays between 88 and 92% except when the intake fan (portable ac unit) is on. When the intake fan is on the rh drops to around 80% but quickly climbs back into range after the fan turns off.

This is how I grew all of these wonderful canopies.

Edited by BrownBear (07/13/21 10:55 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHarry Manbach
Lock the door,Kill the light
Male User Gallery

Loc: 6
Re: Set it & Forget it Grow Tent [Re: BrownBear] * 1
    #27033384 - 11/11/20 12:46 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Can't wait for the update on cleaning day!  I've yet to automate that myself!

Looks like the start of a nice setup!
I'd suggest looking into pvc exhaust/intake pipe.  I've yet to replace my exhaust, but you lose a lot of airflow with those corrugated pipes!....plus the exhaust is IMPOSSIBLE to clean completely!

Edited by Harry Manbach (11/11/20 12:49 PM)

OfflineHarry Manbach
Male User Gallery

Re: Set it & Forget it Grow Tent [Re: Harry Manbach] * 1
    #27033396 - 11/11/20 12:54 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Personally I like pulling negative pressure with my exhaust,that way fresh air leaks in rather than humidity leaking out!  I still use a slight intake pressure(to push fog in) but exhaust is much higher

OfflineBrownBear
Warrior-Traveler
 User Gallery

#27034119 - 11/11/20 07:57 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Harry Manbach said:
Can't wait for the update on cleaning day!  I've yet to automate that myself!

Looks like the start of a nice setup!
I'd suggest looking into pvc exhaust/intake pipe.  I've yet to replace my exhaust, but you lose a lot of airflow with those corrugated pipes!....plus the exhaust is IMPOSSIBLE to clean completely!

No doubt. :lol: cleaning is a bitch. Even tubs and jars need to be sanitized though. There is just no way of getting around it. 

I can rig up some pvc piping with no problem. Thank you for the suggestion.

Quote:

Harry Manbach said:
Personally I like pulling negative pressure with my exhaust,that way fresh air leaks in rather than humidity leaking out!  I still use a slight intake pressure(to push fog in) but exhaust is much higher

Is that a filter of some sort attached to the reservoir?

I think I will stick with my design and see how it works out but your setup is pretty sweet.

OfflineDrunkMountainDude
TheGuyYouCallWhenUrStuckInThaMud
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere deep in them Pi...
Re: Set it & Forget it Grow Tent *DELETED* [Re: BrownBear] * 1
    #27034134 - 11/11/20 08:11 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by DrunkMountainDude

Reason for deletion: I felt rude that I asked a question about my setup so soon when hes trying to show us HIS/HER setup

--------------------

OfflineHarry Manbach
Male User Gallery

Re: Set it & Forget it Grow Tent [Re: DrunkMountainDude] * 1
    #27034209 - 11/11/20 09:16 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Yessir it's a filter..you better believe it!!  Panty hose wrapped over a 4" inline duct booster! Lol
Had I not been investing money/time into framing my new lab when my previous humidity set up failed..fortunately I had an extra $25 variable inline booster ...so two hours later after a trip to the hardware store..you see the results!!

It works great seeing how my exhaust and intake fans are the same exact thing and it's easy to know where I stand.

In fairness,the waterproof inline fans,which appears to be what you's gots there, were on the "to do" list before the switch...definitely have been expedited as back ups for both intake/exhaust...I'd love to plumb pvc out of the existing hole and be able to hose/clean the entire exhaust,fan and all!

OfflineHarry Manbach
Male User Gallery

#27034211 - 11/11/20 09:18 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

By far yours seems better,to me at least, just suggesting the ease of a smooth pipe for cleaning ease in the future.

OfflineBrownBear
Warrior-Traveler
 User Gallery

#27099220 - 12/20/20 11:55 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

This is an update. May still need to dial in for maximum fae but so far so good. The tubs I spawned 12/5 and 12/6 are all pinning. The automated tent has been able to maintain all proper growth parameters except idk about the co2 level because I have no way to monitor it. I haven't seen any signs of inefficient fae so far though. I'll just make changes as I need to.

I want to build a replica of this grow tent for my gourmet mushrooms now. I have another portable ac but I will have to buy everything else because I do not own another tent, shelves, lights nor ultrasonic mister. It will have to wait until after the holidays.

OfflineBrownBear
Warrior-Traveler
 User Gallery

Re: Set it & Forget it Grow Tent [Re: BrownBear] * 3
    #27135600 - 01/08/21 03:56 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

So I believe I have my grow tent well dialed in now.

OfflinePuduwoke
mushroom enthusiastic

#27143781 - 01/12/21 12:31 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Those trays look amazing.

First of I want to say. No need to worry about fae when it comes to cubes, almost atleast.

They require so low fae compared to most gourmets its insane.

Why have such a big tent if only growing cubes? Atleast it's the only mushroom you mentioned.

Secondly. Why plastic over the trays? Me and tons of people just use the lids you got underneath? No need to modify it or anything.

I built my greenhouse before ever having success with a monotub so I feel you. But seems strange all that equipment and work when you could of use dubtub if all you want to grow is cubensis?

--------------------
:sporedrop:Trade List:sporedrop:

LAGM2021

OfflineBrownBear
Warrior-Traveler
 User Gallery

Re: Set it & Forget it Grow Tent [Re: Puduwoke] * 1
    #27144684 - 01/12/21 09:02 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks. Those last set of tubs were from a few weeks of dialing in the tent. The substrate is sitting in 15 qt tubs. There is no plastic covering at all. As far as the size of the tent. I just used materials I already had lying around from past projects.

I can grow in monotubs just fine or atleast I could when I was growing a few years ago. I think dubtubs are a little outdated but I am sure they would still work just fine. I mean, honestly I could have just stacked a bunch of 66 qt tubs in my 5x5 tent and called it a day but where is the fun in that?

I plan on buying a 4' x 8' tent for my gourmet project. I just need to source the materials and source the cultures. I have been looking at mossy creek for the cultures but I just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

OfflineJarhead3521S
Grindin’
Male User Gallery

Loc: Amongst the pines
    #27148675 - 01/14/21 09:12 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Nothing to input just want this on my thread list

--------------------

OfflineS.Crispa
Spore Lord
I'm a teapot

#27153832 - 01/17/21 04:27 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Iambrownbear said:
Thanks. Those last set of tubs were from a few weeks of dialing in the tent. The substrate is sitting in 15 qt tubs. There is no plastic covering at all. As far as the size of the tent. I just used materials I already had lying around from past projects.

I can grow in monotubs just fine or atleast I could when I was growing a few years ago. I think dubtubs are a little outdated but I am sure they would still work just fine. I mean, honestly I could have just stacked a bunch of 66 qt tubs in my 5x5 tent and called it a day but where is the fun in that?

I plan on buying a 4' x 8' tent for my gourmet project. I just need to source the materials and source the cultures. I have been looking at mossy creek for the cultures but I just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

I am using a 4x8 grow tent (grow tent is laying on its side so its longer than it is tall) as a fruiting chamber at the moment and have been coming into some issues. I think it has something to do with the excess humidity and contams in my house. I use 53qt unmodified monotubs (5qts spawn, 650g coir (dry), 400ml dry verm). My tek worked really really in tubs so I though creating a proper fruiting chamber with the grow tent would up my game. Once my primordia is established and it's pin-city (10-12 days) I have been taking the lids off and let them go to town in the tent at about 92% humidity.

And...

I have been getting less flushes due to constant attacks of trich. I have since reduced humidity in the tent and gone back to keeping lids on the tubs. I have been thinking about putting an HEPA air purifier in the tent and in my lab-room. Anyone think this is a good idea or has better advice?

I was so exicted about this grow tent but it has only caused issues rather than results. Any advice to up my game?

OfflineBrownBear
Warrior-Traveler
 User Gallery

Re: Set it & Forget it Grow Tent [Re: S.Crispa] * 1
    #27153890 - 01/17/21 05:05 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I would turn the tent up right. With less head space its probably creating stagnant air pockets. If I was using a 4x8 for cubes I would use those 36" long by 18" wide 4 tier plastic shelves. You can fit 3 15 qt tubs on each shelf. I'm not sure how many 53 qt tubs you could fit on each shelf though. You would have to figure that out. But you can fit four of those shelving units in a 4x8.

The most important part of fruiting is to provide as much air movement/ air exchange as you can while maintaining proper humidity. You can accomplish this by having a humidistat which allows you to maintain the proper rh.

You also want forced intake and passive exhaust in order to keep as much humidity as you can in the tent while the intake fan is running but also allowing the stagnant air to escape. I use a portable ac unit to pump in the air and use the small opening at the top of the tent for ventilation. I have switched over to an anolog repeat cycle timer that runs the intake fan for 1 minute on and 5 minutes off cycles. I would have as many spots open at the top of a 4x8 as I could get away with without losing too much rh.

Check out the op if you haven't yet. I explain exactly how to build it. The most important aspects of growing mushrooms instead of contaminations is to have clean spawn and plenty of fresh air.

I hope this is the type of info that you were looking for.

Edited by BrownBear (01/17/21 05:11 PM)

OfflineS.Crispa
Spore Lord
I'm a teapot

#27153932 - 01/17/21 05:27 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for the input. I always have clean spawn so perhaps the issue is not enough air flow. More on my setup...

I'm running inkbirds for temp/humidity and have a small space heater (temp) and a reptile fogger & small fan to keep my RH up. I'm using an the inline blower fan that came with the growtent for FAE. This is set up to blow air into the tent (pos airflow) with passive exhaust. I block my exhaust vents with polyfill for some filtration. I am using the carbon filter on the inline intake as added filtration, but I don't know if this is adequate or necessary since this is backwards from how you'd have a weed grow set up (don't know if carbon filters work on the intake).

I assume I'm getting contams (trichoderma) after my first flush because humidity is too high and not enough FAE. Is that what you're suggesting?

I can get 6 53qt monotubs in my tent with the current set up. If I put lids on the tubs I can stack them one-high for 12x total. I have never put more than six in at a time.

Before my contam issues I was harvesting about 120g (dry weight) every first flush with my current strains (Puerto Ricans & Mazapatec). I was harvesting about 300g per tote off 2-3 flushes. My BE was averaging about 60-70%

My last three harvests my BE has fallen to about 25-35%. A considerable drop in production.

OfflineBrownBear
Warrior-Traveler
 User Gallery

#27154160 - 01/17/21 07:58 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

With the tent setup on its side it would give you a low ceiling and couple that with a deep tub and yea, it could definitely create an environment condusive to contamination. Do your substrates feel overly saturated? I had a tub trich out on me after the first flush and the substrate was overly saturated. It has been the only tub so far to trich out on me. All other subs have been on the dry side after the first flush.

With the setup I described in my last post you could have 16 53 qt tubs in that tent without stacking them. You could fit 48 15 qt tubs in that same tent without stacking them.

Edited by BrownBear (01/17/21 08:02 PM)

OfflineS.Crispa
Spore Lord
I'm a teapot

#27154231 - 01/17/21 08:46 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Iambrownbear said:
With the tent setup on its side it would give you a low ceiling and couple that with a deep tub and yea, it could definitely create an environment condusive to contamination. Do your substrates feel overly saturated? I had a tub trich out on me after the first flush and the substrate was overly saturated. It has been the only tub so far to trich out on me. All other subs have been on the dry side after the first flush.

With the setup I described in my last post you could have 16 53 qt tubs in that tent without stacking them. You could fit 48 15 qt tubs in that same tent without stacking them.

I think my substrates are def on the wet side, even though they are at FC when I start my tubs. I'll have to experiment on that one.

As far as the orientation of my tent - I'll need to experiment with that as well. I'm in an apartment and have the tent set up across two six foot tables with a large piece of plywood bridging the two. It gives me tons of storage space under the tables for tubs and bins that I otherwise wouldn't have. I hesitate to flip it upright cuz the room feels so dialed. I think that will be my last adjustment if I have to - but thanks for the input iambrownbear. I'll keep everone posted on the progress and share some pics here soon.

OfflineBrownBear
Warrior-Traveler
 User Gallery

#27154289 - 01/17/21 09:10 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Yes. Please post any updates. Perhaps you just need to cut back on the water in your sub a little and increase fae.

OfflineMuShroomLords
Avid Listener And Helper.

#27190184 - 02/06/21 06:16 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Hello good Sir! Thanks for all the great info. Curious on do you draw clean air from the top to bottom or bottom to top? And how long do you run your fan for? Thank you!

OfflineBrownBear
Warrior-Traveler
 User Gallery

Re: Set it & Forget it Grow Tent [Re: MuShroomLords] * 1
    #27190248 - 02/06/21 06:55 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

I have a flex hose attached to a portable ac unit (fan only) that blows air into the tent from the bottom. The hose is fixed to blow the air straight up. The humidity is is pumped in downward through the top. The ac unit cycles 1 minute on/19 minutes off.  This effectively exchanges the air in the tent 3 times per hour.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Ythan, Anno, Thor, Link, Seuss
11,871 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2024 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 14 queries.