Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleZombi3
Bella Ciao!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Bat Country Flag
Alexi Laiho, one of the worlds greatest metal guitar players in recorded history dies at age 41
    #27127156 - 01/04/21 11:46 PM (2 months, 1 day ago)

Alexi Laiho was a personal hero of mine. And this news shattered me..
With no official date of death, only listed as “late December 2020” this has been for the worst news of both 2020 and the worst start to 2021. He’s reported to have been suffering from a long term but as of yet unnamed illness. He passed away quietly and suddenly in his home in Helsinki.

Children of Bodom's website also posted a statement honoring Laiho, which read:
"One of the most renowned guitarists in the world, Alexi Laiho, has passed away. The musician, most notably known as the front man of Children of Bodom, died in his home in Helsinki, Finland, last week. Laiho had suffered from long-term health issues during his last years. More than 25 years of friendship. We lost a brother. The world lost a phenomenal song writer and one of the greatest guitarists of all time. Memories and Alexi's music will live forever. Our thoughts are with Alexi's family during this difficult time."

Alexi is best known as the frontman and lead guitarist for Finnish metal band Children Of Bodom. Named after the unsolved Lake Bodom murders in 1960.
Alexi and his band mates from C.O.B. achieved critical acclaim many times throughout their career, topping the Finnish music charts with basically every new release of their 10 studio albums. They’re regarded as one of the most successful music acts to come out of Finland.

Check out their metal cover of Britney Spears Oops I Did It Again..

In 2004 he was ranked #96 out of 100 Greatest Heavy Metal Guitarists of All Time by Guitar World.
Guitar World magazine has also ranked him as one of the 50 fastest guitarists in the world.
In addition, Roadrunner Records ranked Laiho at #41 out of 50 of The Greatest Metal Frontmen of All Time.
Furthermore, Total Guitar conducted a public voting poll to determine the greatest metal guitarist of all time; Laiho was voted #1 out of 20 metal guitarists, with over %20 of the vote.
Laiho received a Metal Hammer Golden Gods prize in the category of Dimebag Darrell Shredder Award in 2008.

I first found Children of Bodom as a young punk in 1999 with their first major studio album Something Wild, it received instant critical acclaim upon its release in 1997.

Anyone who’s seen me in the pics of pubbers thread has probably noticed I have this album art, the red reaper tattooed on my bicep and have had it for years as a tribute.
I now plan on getting another reaper from on of their other albums tattooed as a further goodbye tribute. Like I said his passing really shattered me.. No other guitarist can even compete with Alexi.
This will likely be the next reaper I get inked into my skin permanently:

Alexi:

Children Of Bodom ~

There will never be another Alexi Laiho, his style was too unique. There will never be another Children Of Bodom..
They’re most critically acclaimed album if I’m not mistaken was Are You Dead Yet? A masterpiece.

This a majorly sad time of mourning for the Children of Bodom fan base, affectionately known as the Hate Crew Death Roll after one of their album titles.

I’ve been learning Finnish in recent years because I’ve always wanted to visit Finland and listen to COB in their native language.
I’ve always wanted to go camping along Lake Bodom where the triple homicide took place in the 60’s..

RIP brother Alexi, your music and your lyrics will remain timeless in the hearts of fans.
The Hate Crew Death Role is collectively praying for you.

This terrible news comes only months after Laiho had formed a metal supergroup, Bodom After Midnight but hadn’t recorded any finished songs yet.

The world has lost someone with tremendous talent.
Although Children of Bodom split up recently due to musical differences for the future of the band. The metal scene was anxiously awaiting the arrival of his new band Bodom After Midnight.

Alexi, you will never be forgotten. RIP.

--------------------
Youve Met With A Terrible Fate, Havent You?

Click here to enter this weeks Ban Lottery!!
In Crust We Trust

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinelongbus
Will grow for food
 User Gallery

Loc: yer moms pants
Re: Alexi Laiho, one of the worlds greatest metal guitar players in recorded history dies at age 41 [Re: Zombi3]
    #27127162 - 01/04/21 11:49 PM (2 months, 1 day ago)

Dude could shred. I wonder what happened?

Offlinesearching
Male User Gallery

Re: Alexi Laiho, one of the worlds greatest metal guitar players in recorded history dies at age 41 [Re: longbus]
    #27127614 - 01/05/21 08:35 AM (2 months, 18 hours ago)

That's so sad. He is a legend. I heard he had anorexia and that's what killed him.

--------------------

OfflineIma Trooper
Chilldog Extraordinaire
Male User Gallery

Loc: United States
Re: Alexi Laiho, one of the worlds greatest metal guitar players in recorded history dies at age 41 [Re: searching]
    #27127672 - 01/05/21 09:38 AM (2 months, 17 hours ago)

No! Damn that sucks, I love their music and you could tell Alexi "Wildchild" Laiho was a real character. That sucks. :feelsbadman:

--------------------
"Its moving of its own accord...and I like that in a shirt!" - Me, tripping.

deCypher said:
Schizophrenia beats dining alone, you know.

Edited by Ima Trooper (01/05/21 09:47 AM)

Offlineanatomality
Nothern Counterpart
I'm a teapot

Loc: North East
Re: Alexi Laiho, one of the worlds greatest metal guitar players in recorded history dies at age 41 [Re: Ima Trooper]
    #27127686 - 01/05/21 09:58 AM (2 months, 16 hours ago)

Too young, he was an inspiration to many. RIP dude.
Used to blast his stuff back in the day.

Are you dead yet? Was a battle cry song for me back then...

--------------------
Check out my LAGM2021 log here.
“The strength of a person's spirit would then be measured by how much 'truth' he could tolerate, or more precisely, to what extent he needs to have it diluted, disguised, sweetened, muted, falsified.”

Edited by anatomality (01/05/21 10:01 AM)

Offlineichugwindex
Dex
Male

Loc: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Re: Alexi Laiho, one of the worlds greatest metal guitar players in recorded history dies at age 41 [Re: anatomality]
    #27129669 - 01/06/21 06:30 AM (1 month, 30 days ago)

This hit me right in the feels. I remember listening to them in my early teenage years.

--------------------
Only hope can give rise to the emotion we call despair. But it is nearly impossible for a man to try to live without hope, so I guess that leaves Man no choice but to walk around with despair as his companion.

Offlinestzacrack
Stranger

Re: Alexi Laiho, one of the worlds greatest metal guitar players in recorded history dies at age 41 [Re: Zombi3]
    #27129681 - 01/06/21 06:49 AM (1 month, 30 days ago)

What the fuck?

Damn....

--------------------
You tryna' find a misses
I'm tryna' find them riches
So I started pimpin'
learnt how to monetize my bitches

OfflineYokal
Stranger
Re: Alexi Laiho, one of the worlds greatest metal guitar players in recorded history dies at age 41 [Re: stzacrack]
    #27131567 - 01/06/21 10:02 PM (1 month, 30 days ago)

I have one of his tab books, was a fun dude

InvisibleZombi3
Bella Ciao!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Bat Country Flag
Re: Alexi Laiho, one of the worlds greatest metal guitar players in recorded history dies at age 41 [Re: stzacrack]
    #27131583 - 01/06/21 10:07 PM (1 month, 30 days ago)

@stzacrack,
You hear about Alec Bailie also?

--------------------
Youve Met With A Terrible Fate, Havent You?

Click here to enter this weeks Ban Lottery!!
In Crust We Trust

Offlinestzacrack
Stranger

#27131956 - 01/07/21 01:15 AM (1 month, 30 days ago)

Quote:

Zombi3 said:
@stzacrack,
You hear about Alec Bailie also?

Fuckin shame man

--------------------
You tryna' find a misses
I'm tryna' find them riches
So I started pimpin'
learnt how to monetize my bitches

InvisibleFiery
OTD LightBringer
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#27131972 - 01/07/21 01:40 AM (1 month, 30 days ago)

In honor of Alexi I will respond that I knew someone of that name almost, who also looked like the said person, who is also still alive perhaps.

We met at a place between a stream and a river, a time when the wilds were blooming, and across the flown fields, could be seen, the result of said lands.

And it was he who sort of got me into the idea of having sacred spaces and circles, and boundaries. .

I know it might come up again.

OfflineLoaded Shaman
Psychophysiologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Now O'Clock
Re: Alexi Laiho, one of the worlds greatest metal guitar players in recorded history dies at age 41 [Re: Fiery]
    #27131992 - 01/07/21 01:53 AM (1 month, 30 days ago)

CoB was one of my favorites near the end of high school; saw them graduation day with Mastodon and Slayer. He will be missed sorely. RIP Wildchild.

--------------------

Rational-Philosophy.net

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Community >> The Pub