Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibledurian_2008
Cornucopian Eating an Elephant
 User Gallery

Loc: Raccoon City
Re: Mike Tyson eats four grams of mushrooms on Logan Paul’s Impaulsive podcast [Re: durian_2008]
    #27131618 - 01/06/21 08:17 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

durian_2008 said:
Ear and face eating, without shirts on, reminded me more of bathsalts, tho. :shrug:

Quote:

Holybullshit said:
I just want to remind everyone that Mike Tyson is a convicted rapist.

Quote:

InnerWisdom said:
Yeah so that was like 30 years ago or more? Should people be stigmatized and locked up forever ?

Does psychedelics use help a violent, rapey, cannibal to redeem himself, or is anything more than a microdose going to result in a newsworthy, bad trip?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethirtygoats
Male
Re: Mike Tyson eats four grams of mushrooms on Logan Paul’s Impaulsive podcast [Re: durian_2008]
    #27131919 - 01/06/21 10:36 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I think cannabis and psychedelics help people come to terms with their emotions and understand them better and have profound life-changing realizations, and eventually help them understand why they feel how they feel and what they feel, and with a bit of effort, can overcome mental issues that plague them. With cannabis/psychedelics, some people can reach far beyond their potential, far beyond anything they ever would have accomplished without cannabis and psychedelics. They can help a person become a better person than they ever thought possible.

InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: Mike Tyson eats four grams of mushrooms on Logan Paul’s Impaulsive podcast [Re: InnerWisdom]
    #27134438 - 01/08/21 03:36 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

InnerWisdom said:
Yeah so that was like 30 years ago or more? Should people be stigmatized and locked up forever ?

No, but I think hero worship and turning them into some kind of pop culture icon...especially when they have never expressed on iota of regret...is wrong.

OfflineInnerWisdom
Male

Loc: North EU
Re: Mike Tyson eats four grams of mushrooms on Logan Paul’s Impaulsive podcast [Re: Holybullshit]
    #27134582 - 01/08/21 06:51 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Well ive heard him say that he doesn't like to look at his younger self. He seems much more mature and calm now. He is a boxing hero and cultural icon regardless and nothing wrong with that. An ego can get out of control in those circumstances he lived in at the time.

Invisibledurian_2008
 User Gallery

Re: Mike Tyson eats four grams of mushrooms on Logan Paul’s Impaulsive podcast [Re: InnerWisdom]
    #27135391 - 01/08/21 02:12 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

:shrug::thumbup:

InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
    #27137978 - 01/09/21 04:03 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

A boxing hero? He had his license revoked for intentionally biting a mans ear off then attempting to do it again after being warned, and this wasn't even the only instance of him biting his opponent...some hero.

As far as nothing being wrong with him being a cultural icon, that's your opinion and you are entitled to that, but I will never agree that there is "nothing wrong" with an unapologetic rapist(to this day he maintains his innocence), who has also on multiple occasions joked about other acts of domestic violence, being a cultural icon. Tyson has expressed more regret about his former tiger ownership than he has his abhorrent acts against women.

And I'd like to point out that there is a big gap between one's ego getting out of control, and beating and raping women, the fact that you think his lifestyle/career provides some kind of excuse for it is both telling and sickening.

Edited by Holybullshit (01/09/21 04:20 PM)

OfflineInnerWisdom
Male

Re: Mike Tyson eats four grams of mushrooms on Logan Paul’s Impaulsive podcast [Re: Holybullshit]
    #27138886 - 01/10/21 01:28 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I'm not saying it's an excuse and I don't think anyone is. It's just fact in hindsight that makes it possible to forgive him for his offensive behavior. I don't know how much he is a cultural icon per say, but a sports icon which is totally understandable from the amazing but short career he had in boxing. There is a difference in a person's personal life and what they accomplished in their career, and the personal life doesn't need to take away from the appreciation of their work. We don't stop liking the work of artists or musicians and so on if they weren't exactly what would be considered a good person. It would make them less likeable, which is why there is the saying never know your heroes.

InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
    #27139154 - 01/10/21 08:02 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

If it's not an excuse then what does it have to do with it? That's exactly what you are saying, that we should forgive him because of his circumstances...i.e. excuse him.

And how/why the fuck should we be forgiving someone who has NEVER ASKED FOR IT. Expressing sorrow and regret is to me a prerequisite for forgiveness. I thought that was pretty universal.

Quote:

There is a difference in a person's personal life and what they accomplished in their career, and the personal life doesn't need to take away from the appreciation of their work.

Yes, it does. Or at least needs to compel consideration and debate...but you are erecting a strawman, this isn't about his boxing, its about him personally, its about Tyson as public figure in the present.

Quote:

We don't stop liking the work of artists or musicians and so on if they weren't exactly what would be considered a good person.

Except that his actions weren't limited to his personal life...i.e Holyfield and Lewis. And Tyson is hardly Wagner, and right now the question at hand isn't the value or legitimacy of his "art" but of his celebrity. Have you even read the fucking thread? How much of his boxing is being discussed here??

Quote:

which is why there is the saying never know your heroes.

But we do know, can't exactly put the cat back in the bag. And we aren't talking about some guy being a jerk to his assistants, or not tipping his servers, we are taking about an unapologetic rapist and woman beater.

I've got another saying for you, "When a person shows you who they are, believe them the first time". Tyson's current public persona is just that...a persona.

Edited by Holybullshit (01/10/21 08:29 AM)

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD Keymaster
 User Gallery

Loc: hades
Re: Mike Tyson eats four grams of mushrooms on Logan Paul’s Impaulsive podcast [Re: Holybullshit] * 1
    #27139183 - 01/10/21 08:24 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Time will tell I suppose.  He served all his legal shit though.. “he paid his dues” or whatever they say.

You wanna go shit on his doorstep now or what’s up?

--------------------
:mushroom2:Orange clock, pencil:bouncysmoke:
"They threw me off the hay truck about noon...":fishing:
:mushroom2:*Mark 15:34:levitate::mushroom2::blueninja:
Gam zeh ya’avor...:sunny:

InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: Mike Tyson eats four grams of mushrooms on Logan Paul’s Impaulsive podcast [Re: Amanita86]
    #27139188 - 01/10/21 08:28 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Time will tell what?

Quote:

You wanna go shit on his doorstep now or what’s up?

I think I made that very clear from that start...but I'll repost it for yout.

Quote:

No, but I think hero worship and turning them into some kind of pop culture icon...especially when they have never expressed on iota of regret...is wrong.

Do you have a problem with reading comprehension or something?

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD Keymaster
 User Gallery

Loc: hades
Re: Mike Tyson eats four grams of mushrooms on Logan Paul’s Impaulsive podcast [Re: Holybullshit] * 1
    #27139194 - 01/10/21 08:30 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Ah, a bit cunty huh?  Have fun with that..:yeahthatsright:

--------------------
:mushroom2:Orange clock, pencil:bouncysmoke:
"They threw me off the hay truck about noon...":fishing:
:mushroom2:*Mark 15:34:levitate::mushroom2::blueninja:
Gam zeh ya’avor...:sunny:

OfflineInnerWisdom
Male

Re: Mike Tyson eats four grams of mushrooms on Logan Paul’s Impaulsive podcast [Re: Amanita86]
    #27139206 - 01/10/21 08:38 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Getting pissed off when people don't agree with you Holybullshit? and yes i have read the fucking thread since commenting from the first page onwards

OfflineOvoidhunter
Buttery Crescent
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#27139209 - 01/10/21 08:40 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Thats a lot of shroomies to do on a podcast mike is a beast.

InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
    #27143190 - 01/12/21 05:28 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

LOL...what you are detecting isn't "anger", it's incredulousness, though I'm not exactly happy with people who want to celebrate a remorseless rapist and violent misogynist...BECAUSE THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE, and that's what I'd be upset about, not someone "disagreeing" with me....but what I am really annoyed by is people dancing around in circles to try to justify an obviously unconscionable position.

If you've read it then you should be aware it has had nothing do with with Tyson as a (disgraced) boxer, just like his current station in pop culture has little to do with the "art" of pugilism...it's just clear that Tyson's incorrigible acts against women and his lack of repent, don't seem to bother you, so to square that fact morally(in apparent hingsight) you are desperate for logic to excuse your approval of Tyson as an entertainer/celebrity persona.

And what you are doing is so much worse than people who just hadn't given it much thought, or weren't aware that Tyson had not apologized...I've drawn it to your attention, given you time to consider, made it clear that he is unrepentant, and you still throw up bullshit excuse after bullshit excuse for both Tyson's actions and your position considering his current celebrity.

The only real difference between what's happening here and celebrating/normalizing the impenitent approval of a remorseless murderer...is that the acts were committed against women(of color), so you don't blink an eye, which says more about you than I ever could.

Edited by Holybullshit (01/12/21 07:13 AM)

OfflineInnerWisdom
Male

#27143655 - 01/12/21 11:26 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

No I didn't know he hadn't apologized and as you say supposedly isn't regretting the things he did. But I don't really care about that and I'm not a fan of Tyson by any means. What I tried to point out is that it's not exactly wise to condemn a person to hell for eternity so to speak for something that he did 30 years ago or whatever it was, and that it doesn't obviously take away his championship as boxer, which is what he is celebrated for. Maybe he is like an icon in the States I don't know, maybe he is a celebrated douche. Is it the celebration of him, his achievements that bothers you so much? I don't see it as him encouraging rape or violence or anything. Has he ever said something like that?

yeah you weren't pissed off at all ...:leocheers:

OfflineOvoidhunter
Buttery Crescent
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Mike Tyson eats four grams of mushrooms on Logan Paul’s Impaulsive podcast [Re: Holybullshit] * 2
    #27143744 - 01/12/21 12:16 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Damn mike tyson is the shit.  :yeahthatsright:

Invisibledurian_2008
 User Gallery

Re: Mike Tyson eats four grams of mushrooms on Logan Paul’s Impaulsive podcast [Re: Tiberjuggaligger]
    #27144912 - 01/13/21 12:47 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

He could be found in the public domain and respectfully asked about drug-induced insights on violence, if any.

Invisibledurian_2008
 User Gallery

#27144916 - 01/13/21 12:57 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I was shown a modern iteration of The Wild Hunt, but with olden names, that I had to look up.

OfflineTiberjuggaligger
Galaxy Creeper

Loc: USA
    #27175445 - 01/29/21 12:42 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------

Kirk: What does God need with a starship?
McCoy: Jim, what are you doing?
Kirk: I'm asking a question.
"God": Who is this creature?
Kirk: Who am I? Don't you know? Aren't you God?
Sybok: He has his doubts.
"God": You doubt me?
Kirk: I seek proof.
McCoy: Jim! You don't ask the Almighty for his ID

Invisiblelarry.fisherman
shoulda died already
I'm a teapot

#27175629 - 01/29/21 06:16 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Holybullshit said:
A boxing hero? He had his license revoked for intentionally biting a mans ear off then attempting to do it again after being warned, and this wasn't even the only instance of him biting his opponent...some hero.

As far as nothing being wrong with him being a cultural icon, that's your opinion and you are entitled to that, but I will never agree that there is "nothing wrong" with an unapologetic rapist(to this day he maintains his innocence), who has also on multiple occasions joked about other acts of domestic violence, being a cultural icon. Tyson has expressed more regret about his former tiger ownership than he has his abhorrent acts against women.

And I'd like to point out that there is a big gap between one's ego getting out of control, and beating and raping women, the fact that you think his lifestyle/career provides some kind of excuse for it is both telling and sickening.

Quote:

Holybullshit said:

I guarantee he'a done more to make up for those mistakes than you'll ever do positive in your life. Why? He has the money to. He's turned into a good person. It's like people say "Forgive but don't forget." No one wants to be made a fool of but we all deserve the right to grow and do better. Those examples are also quite nuanced otherwise you wouldn't mention them. Combat sports have always been dirty, whether you see it or not. There's also defensive contention to the rape allegations.

From an article, so as to remind myself of the details:

"How did Tyson perform oral sex on her and still keep her pinned to the bed? If Tyson is one of the strongest men in the world, where were the bruises on the 108-pound woman?"

As for Tyson eating shrooms, what a lot of people don't realize is how bad his CTE is. Tyson doesn't just keep bodyguards because he's a celebrity, he's prone to violent confusion. Shrooms might be good for his CTE but honestly with as big of dicks these Paul kids are they're/he's probably lucky to be alive.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies