Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Loc: House of Mirrors
The Open-Source Compendium of Shroomerite Character Classes * 7
    #27130700 - 01/06/21 02:41 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

This website attracts a very diverse range of people. And while each of us has our unique quirks, I thought that for funsies we might make a sort of taxonomy of the "types" or "classes" of Shroomerites. To give you a straightforward and obvious example:

The actual die-hard psychonaut: This is the guy who joined in 2002 and has only made 20 posts that are not about psychedelics despite have a post count of 20,000. Any alleged sightings of users in The Psychedelic Experience and Psychedelic Research, Medicine & Microdosing are usually assumed to be characters of this class, although it has been quite some time since such a sighting occurred by a character of any other class other than the moderator class, who are not well-trusted by most other classes. Most characters of this class migrated to other classes as they leveled up, most commonly either the Never Posts Anymore class and the Hard Drug Addict Class.

Here's a few more...

The exclusive Pubber: This user joined the shroomery to discuss mushrooms: growing them, finding them in the wild, enjoying them, etc. They spent a few years doing that- picked up enough skills to find some local wild ones, or learned to grow but never got really serious about it- and at some point they wandered into the black hole known as the Pub. Through some mysterious sort of magic, the Pub parasitized this users' brain such that can and must use only the Pub, and use it a lot.

The person that people who don't use psychedelics would picture when they find out you do psychedelics but know nothing else about you: WhiteDreadlocks. Shirts with Alex Grey prints on them. Probably lives in California, Colorado, or the PNW. Aspiring vegan. Prolific pot smoker who will judge you for drinking that poison called alcohol.

The political edgelord: Once bought a bag of portabellas at age 16 and had a placebo trip and made an account here but quickly forgot about it. Joined 4chan shortly thereafter and became educated about the Zionist conspiracy to make the world more organized, peaceful, and cooperative. Feels compelled to evangelize the truth about the folly of such naiveté to a dangerously lost world, but realized such opinions could get him in trouble if he didn't strategize his actions. Recalled a place he joined once called the Shroomery, which was a relative bastion of Free Speech compared with Deep State-controlled message boards like Reddit. Returned to share the gospel with us. Incessantly.

The shitposter you can't help but love: Frequently makes threads consisting of nothing but the words "I love you" with a heart emoji. Most of their replies are similarly unsubstantive. Seems to either be on acid every day, or in lifelong glow state as a result of a thumbprint their mother consumed while they were in the womb. Nevertheless, because the user's vibes are always positive when shitposting, most other classes feel affection rather than animosity towards this class.

Your turn! Stereotyping is fun :smile:

Update 1

The Hard Drug Addict (Tweakers excluded): Smoked weed through adolescence. Had an earth-shattering, mind-melting experience on psychedelics and dove head first into using as much as possible as often as possible. Realized by happenstance one day that opiates and/or benzos really take the edge off of the trip so that you're only left with the recreational part. Proportion of chemicals in body gradually shifted from psychedelics to hard drugs over the years. 50% of posts now consist of lists of drugs currently active in their system.  May or may not still take psychedelics, but never takes them without taking hard drugs, too. Characters of this class rarely remain it for very long: in average of 2-3 years they inevitably either migrate to the Recovering Addict class or the People Whose Names are Listed in the RIP Thread Class.

The Master Debator:
This class exclusively comes to the Shroomery to argue with people. Master Debators are cursed by the Gods with the inability to let other people have wrong opinions without challenging them. Most recently, for example, a Master Debator who is customarily found proliferating anti-liberal political arguments despite their lack of political education or experience quickly adapted to an environment where the debate topic of choice was how to treat brand new diseases despite their lack of medical education or experience. Experts at furiously clicking through google results during arguments until they find something that seems to substantiate they claim most recently extracted from their asses.

UPDATE 2

The Cop: Joins the shroomery and either does not make any posts at all or makes one very vague introductory post asking which users are from such and such an area before sending out PMS asking people if they'd like to hang out.

The Vets who Still Lurk but don't post: This user got married, had a family, and started a career. They may or may not still use psychedelics, but infrequently if so. They are usually friends with a few of the other characters from this class in real life. Almost exclusively seen posting in the RIP thread to relate news that another member of their character class has permanently passed into hyperspace.

The Actual Mycologist: Said to be the rarest character class on the Shroomery, only 3 members are rumored to belong to it. Rarely seen discussing anything not related to mushrooms on the forum. Life is ridiculously enviable at face value.

The Moderators: ????? Seriously if anyone has seen these guys please drop a line cuz I'm getting worried

Edited by morrowasted (01/06/21 09:41 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecannabinated
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Outside Flag
Re: The Open-Source Compendium of Shroomerite Character Classes [Re: morrowasted]
    #27130808 - 01/06/21 03:31 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

these are all koods

Invisibleconnectedcosmos
Neti Neti
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Pathless Path
Re: The Open-Source Compendium of Shroomerite Character Classes [Re: cannabinated] * 2
    #27130814 - 01/06/21 03:34 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I came in search for psychedelic cacti growing information:shrug:

Ended up mainly in ODD and TPE :doge:

--------------------

54. The true nature of things is to be known personally , through the eyes of clear illumination and not through a sage : what the moon exactly is , is to be known with one's own eyes ; can another make him know it?

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Re: The Open-Source Compendium of Shroomerite Character Classes [Re: cannabinated]
    #27130818 - 01/06/21 03:36 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

cannabinated said:
these are all koods

Lol koods isnt any of these except maybe the exclusive pubber. I wouldnt know since I am one... one situation where it takes NOT being one to know one. But we can come up with a more fitting character class for him.

InvisibleZombi3
Bella Ciao!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Bat Country Flag
Re: The Open-Source Compendium of Shroomerite Character Classes [Re: morrowasted]
    #27130902 - 01/06/21 04:20 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

TL;DR

WHAT CLASS AM I?

I self IDENTIFY as a PUNK ROCK RASTA

--------------------
Youve Met With A Terrible Fate, Havent You?

Click here to enter this weeks Ban Lottery!!
In Crust We Trust

InvisiblezZZz
jesus

#27130915 - 01/06/21 04:23 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

wtf

--------------------
https://discord.gg/NHHd5y2Uyv

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Re: The Open-Source Compendium of Shroomerite Character Classes [Re: morrowasted] * 2
    #27130978 - 01/06/21 04:44 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Update 1

The Hard Drug Addict (Tweakers excluded): Smoked weed through adolescence. Had an earth-shattering, mind-melting experience on psychedelics and dove head first into using as much as possible as often as possible. Realized by happenstance one day that opiates and/or benzos really take the edge off of the trip so that you're only left with the recreational part. Proportion of chemicals in body gradually shifted from psychedelics to hard drugs over the years. 50% of posts now consist of lists of drugs currently active in their system.  Many or many not still take psychedelics, but never takes them without taking hard drugs, too. Characters of this class rarely remain it for very long: in average of 2-3 years they inevitably either migrate to the Recovering Addict class or the People Whose Names are Listed in the RIP Thread Class.

The Master Debator: This class exclusively comes to the Shroomery to argue with people. Master Debators are cursed by the Gods with the inability to let other people have wrong opinions without challenging them. Most recently, for example, a Master Debator who is customarily found proliferating anti-liberal political arguments despite their lack of political education or experience quickly adapted to an environment where the debate topic of choice was how to treat brand new diseases despite their lack of medical education or experience. Experts at furiously clicking through google results during arguments until they find something that seems to substantiate they claim most recently extracted from their asses.

InvisibleZombi3
Bella Ciao!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #27130983 - 01/06/21 04:45 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

:ancientaliens:

--------------------

In Crust We Trust

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Re: The Open-Source Compendium of Shroomerite Character Classes [Re: Zombi3]
    #27131751 - 01/06/21 09:18 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Feel free to add your own classes to the compendium.

I'll keep updating it whenever I get bored

InvisibleThe Blind Ass
Bodhi

Loc: The Primordial Mind
Re: The Open-Source Compendium of Shroomerite Character Classes [Re: morrowasted] * 1
    #27131758 - 01/06/21 09:21 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

This thread should be stickied.  I laughed hard, ty morrow.

:cheers:

--------------------
Give me Liberty caps -or- give me Death caps

InvisibleZombi3
Bella Ciao!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #27131784 - 01/06/21 09:37 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I’ll try and put some effort into adding something soon brother!
Your contributions made me lol

--------------------

In Crust We Trust

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Re: The Open-Source Compendium of Shroomerite Character Classes [Re: The Blind Ass] * 1
    #27131795 - 01/06/21 09:40 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

UPDATE 2

The Cop: Joins the shroomery and either does not make any posts at all or makes one very vague introductory post asking which users are from such and such an area before sending out PMS asking people if they'd like to hang out.

The Vets who Still Lurk but don't post: This user got married, had a family, and started a career. They may or may not still use psychedelics, but infrequently if so. They are usually friends with a few of the other characters from this class in real life. Almost exclusively seen posting in the RIP thread to relate news that another member of their character class has permanently passed into hyperspace.

The Actual Mycologist: Said to be the rarest character class on the Shroomery, only 3 members are rumored to belong to it. Rarely seen discussing anything not related to mushrooms on the forum. Life is ridiculously enviable at face value.

The Moderators: ????? Seriously if anyone has seen these guys please drop a line cuz I'm getting worried

InvisibleZombi3
Bella Ciao!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #27131812 - 01/06/21 09:48 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

The moderators have vacated the site. Perhaps a covid outbreak in the moderator forum? Hnnnn

--------------------

In Crust We Trust

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Re: The Open-Source Compendium of Shroomerite Character Classes [Re: Zombi3]
    #27131823 - 01/06/21 09:51 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

seems like the only ones I ever see are logical chaos and bodhi.

InvisibleZombi3
Bella Ciao!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #27131839 - 01/06/21 09:59 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

There’s a few others in OTD

I’m happy Logical Chaos made mod, he’s good people and a solid friend.

Logical if you’re reading this sorry it’s been so long since I PM’d!

--------------------

In Crust We Trust

InvisibleTexas Honey BadgerM
No fucks given

Loc: Spicemaster Texas
    #27132557 - 01/07/21 10:01 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

What catagory do i fall under?

--------------------

Some call me Paw 🐾

Offlinelongbus
Will grow for food
 User Gallery

Loc: yer moms pants
Re: The Open-Source Compendium of Shroomerite Character Classes [Re: Texas Honey Badger] * 1
    #27132652 - 01/07/21 10:45 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Paw Paw said:

Definitely cop.

--------------------
never 4get!

Invisibleremake
Male

Loc: South Africa Flag
Re: The Open-Source Compendium of Shroomerite Character Classes [Re: longbus]
    #27132951 - 01/07/21 01:26 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Balancing Act

Neither too weird or too up-tight. Performs a delicate balance to achieve optimal "coolness".

Add too much drugs or work and he/she might delve periodically into the darker depths of either side, until balance is once more achieved.

InvisibleTexas Honey BadgerM
No fucks given

Loc: Spicemaster Texas
Re: The Open-Source Compendium of Shroomerite Character Classes [Re: longbus]
    #27133076 - 01/07/21 02:12 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

longbus said:
Quote:

Paw Paw said:

Definitely cop.

:fuckyeah::highfive:

--------------------

Some call me Paw 🐾

OfflineCalm_A_Llama_Down
Deep down in the ocean blue
 User Gallery

Re: The Open-Source Compendium of Shroomerite Character Classes [Re: Texas Honey Badger] * 2
    #27133112 - 01/07/21 02:28 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

The pee drinker.

This user seems reasonable for a few posts and then starts going on about drinking their own pee.

--------------------
"You will laugh at your fears when you find out who you really are."
--Piccolo

:blazed::spinleaf::bongload:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck