Home | Community | Message Board

DoubleBlind - Learn to Grow Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Spirituality & Mysticism

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Toilet Paper

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineAsanteA
low dose - high adventure
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Netherlands Flag
If you believe there is a God, please explain this as best you can.
    #27129911 - 01/06/21 11:21 AM (17 days, 11 hours ago)

Warning: a less pleasant side of Creation:

Quote:

Cordylobia anthropophaga, the mango fly, tumbu fly, tumba fly, putzi fly, or skin maggot fly, is a species of blow-fly common in East and Central Africa. It is a parasite of large mammals (including humans) during its larval stage.[1] C. anthropophaga has been endemic in the subtropics of Africa for more than 135 years and is a common cause of myiasis in humans in the region.[2]

Its specific epithet anthropophaga derives from the Greek word anthropophagos, "human eater".

The mode of infection by the Cayor Worm. Doctors Rodhain and Bequaert conclude, from their observations in the Congo Free State, that Cordylobia anthropophaga lays its eggs on the ground. The larvae, known generally as Cayor Worms, crawl over the soil until they come in contact with a mammal, penetrate the skin and lie in the subcutaneous tissue, causing the formation of tumors. On reaching full growth, the larvae leave the host, fall to the ground, bury themselves and then pupate. This fly is said to be the most common cause of human or animal myiasis in tropical Africa, from Senegal to Natal. In the region of Lower Katanga where these investigations were made, dogs appeared to be the principal hosts, although Cordylobia larvae were found also in guinea-pigs, a monkey, and two humans. The larvae are always localized on those parts of the hosts which come in immediate contact with the soil."

— Ann. Soc. Entom. de Belgique, Iv, pp. 192–197, 1911) summary translation in Entomological News. 1911 Vol. xxii:467.

Why?

Why does God allow for this to exist?

How do mango worms fit into your understanding of the Divine Universe?

Why do they not inhabit mangoes, or at least, the dead?

Why do they not clean out existing wounds but create new ones, to feast?

Please explain it as you see it.

Opinions differ so, lets hear yours.

We have God :angel: and we have the Mango Fly.

Why?

--------------------
CDC  COVID  SELF-CHECKER  :syringe:  COVID  MAIN  THREAD  #2
Get 1 month's supplies in case of illness or calamity and help loved ones.
Strengthen your friendship ties - and exchange more favors and advice !

SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI

personal Ethereum gifts w/o strings attached are very welcome at:
0x9e107aC7656A4b2Fc295Ef5157f06B8E313D7aFa    Ethereum?

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Onlineyeah
Male User Gallery

Re: If you believe there is a God, please explain this as best you can. [Re: Asante] * 1
    #27130157 - 01/06/21 01:24 PM (17 days, 9 hours ago)

Physical reality is a halfway point between the lower and upper realms
as such it has the capacity to manifest both polarities

--------------------
[

OfflineYellow Pants
 User Gallery

Re: If you believe there is a God, please explain this as best you can. [Re: yeah]
    #27130239 - 01/06/21 02:06 PM (17 days, 8 hours ago)

Clearly god is not purely empathetic and instead contains other qualities and purposes.  Despite whatever the Christian might say

I mean there’s no reason to specifically associate god with the empathetic.  As far as I can understand.  It could be kinetic for example, just pure movement and reality going here and there for the ride.

--------------------

InvisibleDividedQuantumM
Outer Head
Male User Gallery

Re: If you believe there is a God, please explain this as best you can. [Re: Asante]
    #27130463 - 01/06/21 03:22 PM (17 days, 7 hours ago)

Perhaps God is not infinitely powerful? Perhaps he can't tear apart nature trying to redo everything. There is both the beautiful and the ugly in nature. I'm not sure God would change that even if he could, but what if he can't anyway?

OfflineYellow Pants
 User Gallery

Re: If you believe there is a God, please explain this as best you can. [Re: DividedQuantum]
    #27131235 - 01/06/21 08:11 PM (17 days, 2 hours ago)

Quote:

DividedQuantum said:
Perhaps God is not infinitely powerful? Perhaps he can't tear apart nature trying to redo everything. There is both the beautiful and the ugly in nature. I'm not sure God would change that even if he could, but what if he can't anyway?

Exactly.  Certainly the lord respects his creation to the extent he (she it etc) isn’t willing to throw a monkey wrench into the entire thing because one of the resident conscious life forms had a bad day.  Now granted getting ones flesh torn open and devoured from the inside out is a tad extreme but imo would be demonic for the lord itself to intervene.  Or you know like you said it isn’t infinitely powerful

God and power is an interesting topic.  I can’t remember the group (deism maybe?) that regards god like that of a watchmaker who winds the clock up and simply let’s it go from there not interfering.  Now whether this is a deliberate choice of the lord or not who am I to say.

After all do miracles not happen.  Maybe or maybe not

--------------------

OfflineThe Blind Ass
Love affair with reality
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: DS9
Re: If you believe there is a God, please explain this as best you can. [Re: Yellow Pants]
    #27131798 - 01/06/21 11:42 PM (16 days, 22 hours ago)

This thread reminded me of a book titled “The Cheese And The Worms” , by Carlo Ginzburg.

--------------------
Give me Liberty caps - or - give me death caps

OfflineLoaded Shaman
Psychophysiologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Now O'Clock
Re: If you believe there is a God, please explain this as best you can. [Re: yeah]
    #27131988 - 01/07/21 01:51 AM (16 days, 20 hours ago)

Quote:

yeah said:
Physical reality is a halfway point between the lower and upper realms
as such it has the capacity to manifest both polarities

This is fairly accurate statement.

Offlinemkcobain
The Freak
 User Gallery

Re: If you believe there is a God, please explain this as best you can. [Re: Asante]
    #27132231 - 01/07/21 07:48 AM (16 days, 14 hours ago)

Quote:

The Qur'an describes Job as a righteous servant of Allah (God), who was afflicted by suffering for a lengthy period of time. However, it clearly states that Job never lost faith in God and forever called to God in prayer, asking him to remove his affliction:

What was Job's affliction? Worms eating his flesh. Might be a symbol for something else like skepticism.

Offlinelostintimenspc
Stranger
Re: If you believe there is a God, please explain this as best you can. [Re: mkcobain]
    #27138479 - 01/09/21 10:51 PM (13 days, 23 hours ago)

I'm partial to the talk about upper and lower realms. I've had out of body experiences (hundreds) which suggest to me there exist higher manifestations of your life.

--------------------
After hours alone in the supernal bliss of the Reality, Reality no longer becomes something you rely upon. Instead, Reality becomes something you have to contend with, and not just in waves of unalloyed happiness, but as visionary states of the whole that are a factor above the concept of lucidity.

OfflineGypsy Boy
Член Профсоюза
Male

Loc: Deep in the discoteka
Re: If you believe there is a God, please explain this as best you can. [Re: lostintimenspc]
    #27143287 - 01/12/21 09:38 AM (11 days, 12 hours ago)

Because we live not just on Earth but also in space, and it so happens these parasites are just a mere feature of this planet  :shrug:

--------------------

Official Shroomery Wish list

Offlinesaintdextro
Entheogen psychonaut
Male

Re: If you believe there is a God, please explain this as best you can. [Re: Gypsy Boy] * 1
    #27144218 - 01/12/21 07:01 PM (11 days, 3 hours ago)

Simply, the Thorns of Life! This could easily be put away if we go back to Genesis. It's God's curse on us, we have to take it like a bitch, The Garden in Eden has the characteristic of mythology, fictitious story, but I think there is Symbolic Truth to it, we are in a 50/50 good and bad planet, and we are cursed, there's been time I've been depressed recently, so bad I consider earth one of the Hell realms, maybe the upper ones but the Hell realms none the less. And didn't even have to focus on the absurd atrocities of life, just realize them in the background of my mind and connected with this energy form of unrelated depression force, it had no connection with anything going on in my life, just bring me down and torture me in my mind, conceptually, than I have disturbing stupid thoughts about how Prayer is useless and wish that they just pointed it out for us in the Bible, realize that's a terribly bad thought going in the wrong direction I wanna go in my life, cry about to begging for forgiveness for my stupid thoughts, weighed down by this force I Feel connected to but it has no Identity, Just force of depression, but can't relate it to anything in my social, personal, or anything in between, life. (this was mostly over new years, and had to do with some withdrawals from some fine "inebriating" stuff!  :drooling: )

But anyways, life can really hurt, I mean really! I don't normally watch the ads and stuff on Youtube, but, this video caught my attention, about providing clean water to everyone on the planet. Poor People walking miles all day to get the dirtiest water with things living in it and animals shitting in it! I have feelings, and couldn't help but cry. I really hope they succeed in getting clean water to everyone on the planet, they hinted that it may be possible. We're living in luxury and we don't even know it, the things we take for granted, it's absurd that we have the time and ability to go to shows, concerts, parties and so on, while on the other side of the planet someone is dying just to survive, like that Beck song "...It takes a miracle just to survive!".

--------------------
"He who finds peace and joy
And radiance within himself
That man becomes one with God
And vanishes into God's bliss."

-Bhagavad Gita, 5.24
One 21 - Building Better Bombs
One 21 - Pacified
One 21 - Two Sides Is Fine
"Respectability is a cloak for the hypocrite" - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Offlinesaintdextro
Entheogen psychonaut
Male

Re: If you believe there is a God, please explain this as best you can. [Re: saintdextro]
    #27144221 - 01/12/21 07:04 PM (11 days, 3 hours ago)

--------------------
"He who finds peace and joy
And radiance within himself
That man becomes one with God
And vanishes into God's bliss."

-Bhagavad Gita, 5.24
One 21 - Building Better Bombs
One 21 - Pacified
One 21 - Two Sides Is Fine
"Respectability is a cloak for the hypocrite" - Jiddu Krishnamurti

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
    #27146056 - 01/13/21 04:31 PM (10 days, 6 hours ago)

I think Yellow Pants and DividedQuantum both hit on relevant points.

First, even in the bible, God and Jesus both make it clear that are not just the light but the darkness as well.

Second, the Bible clearly shows that God is fallible and not all powerful and all knowing. He makes the angels but they aren't good enough. So he makes man and loves them more. Some angels see hypocrisy and rebel. God gets mad and takes revenge. God and remaining angels pay attention to and regularly interact with man, until they are able to discern right from wrong at which point he can't find them, again gets mad and takes revenge.

So now man is kicked out of the garden and no longer gets to speak to him. Man goes on being man, cut off from God's instruction, and again God gets mad that man is wicked and he regrets making them so they almost all have to die. But not just man, all the animals who presumably God still loves because they don't know right from wrong. He gives us commandments that he himself ignores and even says he ignores them (I am a jealous God).

We still want to be with him for some reason and so we organize and build towers in the hope that we can again reach him, but that scares him so he again gets mad and takes revenge, destroying the tower and separating man. Then we make him mad again at Soddom and so guess what he does? Revenge? Yep!

Tribes of Israel, make a mistake, get a plague/slaughter/enslavement for generations. The devil you kicked out of heaven for not being good enough comes along one day and tries to make you insecure about one of the men who worships you the way you commanded and instead of dismissing such obvious shit talking, you set out to prove them wrong by inflicting every imaginable horror on someone who has done as you asked just to what, stroke your ego?

Why does God allow this to exist? He can't even control his creation in the most important aspects that mean the most to him, why - if he even cares (or exists) - would he control the small things.

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

OfflineTyperwritermonky
shboop a doop a doop

Re: If you believe there is a God, please explain this as best you can. [Re: HagbardCeline] * 2
    #27146500 - 01/13/21 09:20 PM (10 days, 1 hour ago)

Sartre's explanation of God is the best.  What God simply is, is man's reflective mind trying to found itself in it's un reflective mind, which it can't reach.  Man reifies the un reflective mind from a mental concept to a concrete external being, i.e God.  So if God exists, all that it is is man being the foundation of it's own being - and that foundation is reified into an external being.

https://iep.utm.edu/sartre-ex/

--------------------
My Daily Stack: Rhodiola Rosea, True Calm, Ginkgo Biloba, Fresh Bee Pollen, Lions Mane/Reishi/Chaga/Cordyceps Complex, Kanna, Full Spectrum Multivitamin, Full Spectrum Omega Fatty Acids, Zyflamend Full Body Support, Turmeric and Black Pepper Complex, Ashwaghanda, Skullcap, Magnolia Bark, NAC, Beta-Carotene, Potassium and Magnesium.

Go ahead and PM me or ask about it, as well as microdosing LSD.

OfflineGypsy Boy
Член Профсоюза
Male

Re: If you believe there is a God, please explain this as best you can. [Re: Typerwritermonky]
    #27147425 - 01/14/21 12:14 PM (9 days, 10 hours ago)

Haggard sounds pissed but hes quite incorrect.

We were once in the garden

Then we left the garden

And we will not return until we master good and evil, that was the point we left in the first place.

--------------------

OfflineGypsy Boy
Член Профсоюза
Male

Re: If you believe there is a God, please explain this as best you can. [Re: Gypsy Boy] * 1
    #27147578 - 01/14/21 01:43 PM (9 days, 8 hours ago)

Quote:

Do you recall, long time ago
We would walk on the sidewalk?
Innocent, remember?
All we did was care for each other

But the night was long
We were bold and young
All around the wind blows
We would only hold on to let go

--------------------

Edited by Gypsy Boy (01/14/21 01:50 PM)

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
Re: If you believe there is a God, please explain this as best you can. [Re: Gypsy Boy]
    #27147812 - 01/14/21 03:43 PM (9 days, 6 hours ago)

Quote:

Gypsy Boy said:
Haggard sounds pissed but hes quite incorrect.

We were once in the garden

Then we left the garden

And we will not return until we master good and evil, that was the point we left in the first place.

Gippy just how exactly is what I said incorrect? I do not preclude the remainder of your post as being a potential interpretation and it in no way negates what I said.

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

OfflineGypsy Boy
Член Профсоюза
Male

Re: If you believe there is a God, please explain this as best you can. [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #27147849 - 01/14/21 04:03 PM (9 days, 6 hours ago)

I donno dude, u kinda painted a grim picture

--------------------

OfflineskOsH
a little bit of chaos
 User Gallery

Loc: the PNW
Re: If you believe there is a God, please explain this as best you can. [Re: Gypsy Boy]
    #27148536 - 01/14/21 09:54 PM (9 days, 39 minutes ago)

I do believe in God, but the belief of what God is to me, is everything. God, to me, is the entire universe and all its other iterations and machinations. It's just the infinite energy that keeps us humans alive for a bit

This pantheistic god I believe in, does not care about anything
It just is, and is carrying out a plan that is billions of years in the making

When you die, you become some weird energy that just oscillates forever, acting as a cog or gear to make up a small part of a growing universe

Anything discovered, doesn't disturb my belief in god because I think it is indifferent energy that just is. It is the dancing fabric of spacetime when viewed on a psychedelic. it's just there

Probably just part of an experiment or randomly generated

TL;DR Idon't believe in a divine plan.

OfflineGypsy Boy
Член Профсоюза
Male

Re: If you believe there is a God, please explain this as best you can. [Re: skOsH] * 1
    #27149065 - 01/15/21 06:09 AM (8 days, 16 hours ago)

I believe in divine plan :notamused:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Toilet Paper

General Interest >> Spirituality & Mysticism