Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | Next > | Last >
Offlinestarbones
I'm an alien, I eat uranium.
I'm a teapot

Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #27126733 - 01/04/21 05:46 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Well here's hoping. These are the fastest fruiting out of 10 similar tubs in the monotub, spawned on 12/20 so I want this clusters genetics for sure but I'm unsure what their final size will be.  Not sure how these develop and was worried about contamination due to the size of the caps v.s. the stipes and how things are forming.

I guess you'd know best on this seeing as it's your baby.

--------------------
Listen, I'm steel fisted with the iron lung
Heavy metal ballads out the guitar where lions run.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePastywhyteMDiscord
Say hello to my little friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: starbones]
    #27126812 - 01/04/21 06:18 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Those look good to me, RW is a mutated freak, grow it enough and you’ll see all kinds of fucking weird.

OfflineInthepit
Aum Mani Padme Hum
Male User Gallery

Loc: Puerto Rico
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #27127736 - 01/05/21 08:36 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

This is PE and does it generally look all fuzzy instead of rizo?
In other words is this all contam, four jars worth?
Shaken once so far...

The jars are 13 days old, oats were a bit dry. But now there's some moisture.

These jars came from T7's   

I cut many pieces, but not everything and dropped in each jar.

Edited by Inthepit (01/05/21 08:43 AM)

OfflineCapMeh
RX Jazzist
 User Gallery

Loc: The Holy Mountain
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: Inthepit]
    #27128607 - 01/05/21 03:54 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Inthepit said:
This is PE and does it generally look all fuzzy instead of rizo?
In other words is this all contam, four jars worth?
Shaken once so far...

The jars are 13 days old, oats were a bit dry. But now there's some moisture.

These jars came from T7's   

I cut many pieces, but not everything and dropped in each jar.

:shrug: research tomentose vs rhizomorphic, there are other factors like nutrient concentration.

I say let those jars finish up and if they're still white and smell like mushrooms, spawn em

--------------------

OfflineOld Grunt
Stranger
 User Gallery
Is the growth at top right bacterial? [Re: CapMeh]
    #27128861 - 01/05/21 05:34 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

This is my first post here. At first I was happy thinking that two spots of tomentose achieved clamp connections and the result was rhizomorphic. When looking at it back-lit it very much looks like it. But none of it has become/is white. It took a week for this to show itself. Temp has been average of 82F. Potato dex agar. This myc was taken from LC and put to agar on 29 December. Any input would be much appreciated. I searched quite a lot and have been unable to find anything that gives me an answer or pics of any bacteria or mycelium that looks this way.

Edited by Old Grunt (01/05/21 05:36 PM)

OfflineOld Grunt
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Is the growth at top right bacterial? [Re: Old Grunt]
    #27129758 - 01/06/21 06:11 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Can someone please help me with this? (the post above) I have searched and searched until my eyes were bleary both on this forum, other forums and google in general. I have found nothing that looks the same. I only posted this after being unable to find any answers after two days of looking for hours. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OfflineMeed
Stranger
    #27129808 - 01/06/21 07:07 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I made a transfer from LC to AGAR and used a lot of LC on the plates. Is it contam or just dried LC ? Theyre 5 days old

Edited by Meed (01/06/21 07:08 AM)

OfflineOld Grunt
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Is the growth at top right bacterial? [Re: Meed]
    #27129826 - 01/06/21 07:27 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I wish I could help you Meed. But,I am brand new to all of this.

OfflineMeed
Stranger
    #27129833 - 01/06/21 07:35 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Old Grunt said:
I wish I could help you Meed. But,I am brand new to all of this.

Thanks, but i think i can help you with your question. It's mycelium, just different gene. You can clearly see the rhysomorphic growth.

OfflineOld Grunt
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Is the growth at top right bacterial? [Re: Meed]
    #27129903 - 01/06/21 09:05 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

It definitely has rizomorphic structure. I did find an old thread from five years ago where someone had the same type of growth, clear or translucient, and it did turn out to be mycelium. Said the cause was the agar was too hard or too nutrient rich. This is the thread; https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/20930437 Thanks for your input Meed. I am going to proceed with the transfers as you suggested. Cheers!

Offlineredoaksters
Stranger

Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: Kizzle]
    #27130754 - 01/06/21 03:08 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

http://

Any thoughts what’s happening to this shoebox? Flipped the lid to FC 2 weeks ago. It appeared to be 100% colonized at that time. I thought I was giving too much FAE because the corners turned light yellow/brown and looked super dry and it had tons of knots but wasn’t pinning.. Reduced the FAE about 4 days ago and the mycelium started looking whiter and healthier and pins started popping up. Today it looks super orange/brown and smells musty/sour. Bacteria? Mold? Salvageable or dump it? I have 3 other shoes boxes going that just went into FC and I don’t want them to contaminate also.

OfflineCapMeh
RX Jazzist
 User Gallery

#27130798 - 01/06/21 03:26 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Meed said:
I made a transfer from LC to AGAR and used a lot of LC on the plates. Is it contam or just dried LC ? Theyre 5 days old

Your first plate looks okay, I'd transfer from those fluffy areas. Not sure if that's contam or dried LC.. but if you want just transfer the fluffy myc thats furthest from it.

Quote:

Old Grunt said:
It definitely has rizomorphic structure. I did find an old thread from five years ago where someone had the same type of growth, clear or translucient, and it did turn out to be mycelium. Said the cause was the agar was too hard or too nutrient rich. This is the thread; https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/20930437 Thanks for your input Meed. I am going to proceed with the transfers as you suggested. Cheers!

Eyyy you found it! I think tweaking your agar recipe along with making transfers will shed light.

--------------------

Offlinemoyster
Stranger
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: CapMeh]
    #27132169 - 01/07/21 04:05 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Thank you for the information,

I burned the knife before cutting. Also i ate the mushrooms after removeing some bodies and they where fine, didn't smell either.
So aborts should be dremoved immediately even before the cluster is ripe?

Offlinebongoman
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: moyster]
    #27132188 - 01/07/21 04:40 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

After losing three boxes to trichoderma, I’m doing some soul searching on the possible vector.

Grain spawn seemed immaculate and was spawned to coir that had been prepped using the bucket tek and pasteurised overnight.

Maybe I was sloppy mixing the grain spawn to the coir?

It’s hot and humid here and the boxes seemed weird from early on in colonisation - lots of condensation and output of heat.

How likely is trich via airborne contamination? How accurate is the assertion that trichoderma has now contaminated my whole grow space and I need to be deep cleaning? I have another three boxes from a different batch of spawn and so far they look clean and orderly. Should I be concerned about airborne trich infection of those?

OfflineCapMeh
RX Jazzist
 User Gallery

Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: bongoman]
    #27133073 - 01/07/21 02:11 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

moyster said:
Thank you for the information,

I burned the knife before cutting. Also i ate the mushrooms after removeing some bodies and they where fine, didn't smell either.
So aborts should be dremoved immediately even before the cluster is ripe?

The mature fruits looked great to me I bet they were yum yum! I'm noob but for me it's difficult to tell aborts from pins early on. Never know which fruits will shut down and be aborted. I generally just harvest aborts when the flush is ready to be cut down. Some of them have pin mold by that time so I just toss em if they're compromised. I don't really worry about them much anymore.

Quote:

bongoman said:
After losing three boxes to trichoderma, I’m doing some soul searching on the possible vector.

Grain spawn seemed immaculate and was spawned to coir that had been prepped using the bucket tek and pasteurised overnight.

It’s hot and humid here and the boxes seemed weird from early on in colonisation - lots of condensation and output of heat.

How likely is trich via airborne contamination? How accurate is the assertion that trichoderma has now contaminated my whole grow space and I need to be deep cleaning? I have another three boxes from a different batch of spawn and so far they look clean and orderly. Should I be concerned about airborne trich infection of those?

Try this!

--------------------

Offlinebarfly
Stranger

Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: CapMeh]
    #27133435 - 01/07/21 04:59 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I just noticed my Thais growing strange blue (?) fluff, like this:

Anybody know what's going on? Are these guys in any way salvagable?

OfflineLuminous7

Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: bongoman]
    #27135446 - 01/08/21 02:44 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

bongoman said:

Make sure your water content in coir is on point. When squeezed hard as you can, you wana see a drop or 2 , no more.

This was my greatest challenge for years. It has to be almost what seems like to dry.

The overly wet coir creates anerobic pockets that encourage bacteria / mold to take hold.

Also make 100% sure your agar plates are clean before using them to knock anything.

THere was a really good thread that helped me understand how contams can hide and hitch a ride in "clean" mycelium.

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22020260

Clean innoculant and proper hydration and you will have success.

--------------------

OfflineBowshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: Luminous7] * 1
    #27143502 - 01/12/21 10:20 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Hi
Could anyone tell me what this is?

I know it’s not fully colonised but had to open it due to a nasty smell, which has now gone.
I’m new but I don’t think those grey growths are supposed to be there right?

OfflineTGS
Pied Piper
 User Gallery

Loc: Cloudbase
Feathery vs hard edge on mycelium [Re: Bowshroom]
    #27143868 - 01/12/21 01:21 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Is the feathery edge on mycelium (second pic) indicative of a hidden or white colored competition or simply a response based on agar composition, thickness, and total history of the culture?  Would the hard edged sample of these two be preferable, given that there is no green/black/orange present in either?  I don't see any reference to feathery tipped mycelium in a search.

OfflineShroomBoomBoomBoom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Left Coast
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: Luminous7]
    #27144158 - 01/12/21 04:22 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I would add that the sterilization of the grain is also important. I had been under-cooking my grains for a while and couldn't ever get a tub to pop before getting greenery. Then I got a real 23 qt pressure cooker and figured out that it takes a lot longer than I had been originally been cooking them with a lesser cooker. Now I'm actually getting some shrooms. I still have a long way to go but I feel like I'm about to start rollin' here soon.

Boom
:boom:

--------------------
I came for the myc, I stay for the trich

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds