Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSiff_O_Liss
Shades

Just Starting Out... Your Oppinons and Help Needed...
    #2712603 - 05/21/04 08:56 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Hey everyone, it's my first post on the forum so be easy on me! Alright before I say anything I just wanted to tell you that I have been researching mushies for over a month now, and I've learned so much that I think I'm burned out... :tongue:

Alright, my questions are as follows:

1. I was planning on following the PF tek, and possibly incubating them in a drawer or under my bed. Which way would be the best to heat them, and would I need to provide any light during incubation? (space is limited and stealth is req.)
2. Since space and stealth are an issue I was planning on using the Ivitro Tek or Chronic Tek after colonization. Would the Chronic tek make a noticable difference over the Invitro? Are there any other methods of fruiting that are easy to do and require little space and care?
3. Should I dunk the cakes right at birth?
4. How many hours of light are req. for Invitro/Chronic?
5. I was thinking of using Columbian or B+, are these good strains for the Invitro/Chronic teks?
6. Is there any need to add water to these teks, or fan them because they will be in a drawer or under my bed?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm a newb, and like I said, I did all the research I could, but these question were unclear to me. Thanks Alot! :grin:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: Just Starting Out... Your Oppinons and Help Needed... [Re: Siff_O_Liss]
    #2712801 - 05/21/04 10:06 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

hi boiwaka
welcome to the amazing world of shrooms!
1:it depends what your temps are like in your locality.
they need to be around the 80's for incubation,no light needed.
2:yes coldshock/dunk before/at birth for 12-24 hrs
3:B+ is good for starters,
4:after you have done the pf tek you don't add any more water,you just wait patiently

i don't know the 'chronic' tek so i can't help you there.
i don't like the invitro tek but to each his own

goodluck!!

Offlinephucknut68
Focker
Loc: shit mang
Re: Just Starting Out... Your Oppinons and Help Needed... [Re: Siff_O_Liss]
    #2712972 - 05/21/04 11:08 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

follow the pftek for simple minds.... Dont worry about an incubator just put them somewhere and forget about them. Dont cover the holes of the jars, but DO put tin foil over the jars (this prevents them from drying out too much, but allows air flow). Also I would say dont bother with a pc they are nice (and yes I bought one) but just get a stockpot and boil them you will do just as good.

DO the dunk and roll tek, do a forum search its not posted under the teks yet, or I never see it there.

And B+ is really good, I have had some really good luck with hawaiian they are very strong colonizers and seem to produce larger fruits under similar conditions. Golden teacher is good but it produces many smaller fruits. I dunno but thats what I've seen. Creeper is supposed to be really good thats what I'm trying next creeper and eq. I always usually do two strains side to side for a comparison, makes it interesting to me because I usually do at least 12 or more jars it makes a decent experiment to compare them, and I use exact same conditions throughout.

Lastly be patient it takes some time. If you dunk you will be much happier goddammit I learned that pretty quickly. Those fuckers dry out really fast.

--------------------
-=-=-=-=-|:---- Doctor Of Journalism -----:|-=-=-=-=-
-=-=-=-=-|:---- S M C -----:|-=-=-=-=-

OfflineSiff_O_Liss
Shades

Re: Just Starting Out... Your Oppinons and Help Needed... [Re: phucknut68]
    #2713033 - 05/21/04 11:43 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks Guys for your replies!

The Chronic Tek is when you take a pinning 1/2 pint cake and put it ont a riser on the lid of a 1 quart jar, thus making a more sophisticated poorman's 2 litre bottle.

I read that I SHOULD cover the holes until atleast 50% colonization.

I have also read that the B+ strain is prone to aborts and stalling, is this true? Has anyone tryed the Cambodias? I saw on The Hawks Eye that they were very fast at colonizing and fruiting.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation