Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | Next > | Last >
Offlinetiptrippy
The Mechanic
Male

Loc: United States Flag
Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: Narrator]
    #27124681 - 01/03/21 08:20 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Narrator said:
My APE syringe from a sponsor looks goopy and there's already growth in those dishes, less than 36 hours later. Is it possible the spores germinated in the syringe or am I growing more mold?

Sorry bud, looks like contams from here.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJosex
#cheat_code
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #27124730 - 01/03/21 08:46 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Narrator said:
My APE syringe from a sponsor looks goopy and there's already growth in those dishes, less than 36 hours later. Is it possible the spores germinated in the syringe or am I growing more mold?

Do you happen to have an inoculation loop? You could just put a drop on it and then draw a zigzag pattern on the agar. You don't want water sloshing around on the plate.

But I'd be bullshitting myself if I told you that's my preferred method for germinating spore solution. First I like to swap the thick 18G needle they usually come with for a thinner 21G needle, it makes it easier to control how much liquid you squirt. Then I squirt a drop or two of solution on a PF-tek puck, like the ones you can find in the third link in my sig. It works really well, especially for bacterial syringes because bacteria has a harder time on this substrate than on agar.

OfflineA.k.aM
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaming the system
Trusted Cultivator
Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: Josex]
    #27124746 - 01/03/21 08:55 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I know this isn’t a popular idea but when I get plates similar to that and I’m sure it’s only bacteria I’ll let it keep going. Usually after a week or two myc sprouts up and eventually grows into a clean spot where I can get a clean wedge.

Unfortunately I’ve never documented my stuff enough to track what tubs originally came from bacterial plates so there’s definitely a chance they were meshed together and didn’t perform optimally. If the goal is fresh spores or a clone then it doesn’t matter though.

--------------------
LAGM2020

InvisibleJosex
#cheat_code
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: A.k.a]
    #27124754 - 01/03/21 08:58 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Agreed. When I got bacteria like that from a dirty syringe, many times it stayed like that and didn't grow out, so yeah chances are spores will germinate fine and he can tranfer away safely from there.

OfflineGypsyBastard
Misanthrope
 User Gallery

Loc: The Mighty Boosh
    #27124766 - 01/03/21 09:02 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I've done what A.k.a is talking about in the past, though more from laziness than as a plan of action. It definitely looks bacterial to me as well.
Josex is spot on as well about using a loop or even swab to spread the drop around when noc'ing.
At this point you really don't have anything to lose by letting it keep going to see if you can get a good transfer from it.

OfflineNarrator
Strangest in the night
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: Josex]
    #27124786 - 01/03/21 09:07 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks, I'll make a few more plates and spread a drop around with a loop.

OfflineMycoBrainz
Mycotic
Male User Gallery

Loc: West Coast
    #27124815 - 01/03/21 09:17 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I've had 0 success with Spore syringes from all of the sponsors not having bacteria in syringe when put to agar. Go to grain and clone a fruit or grab a clean piece of mycelium and transfer to agar.

--------------------
:stoned:

PFC x Creeper

Lets Get Stoned

InvisibleWonko
the Insane
Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: Wonko]
    #27124962 - 01/03/21 11:06 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Went MSS to agar today, nothing too exciting.

Updated grow log here.

Quote:

Wonko said:

01/03/2021 Update:

MSS to Agar:

Prepped SAB, flame-sterilized syringe, squirted spore solution into an oven-sterilized shot glass.

Flame-sterilized inoculation loop, cooled loop in agar cup, dipped loop in spore solution, streaked agar with loop. Repeated process for each cup.

Inoculated 8 cups in total. Now we wait!

OfflineTigerStrike
carpophore locator
 User Gallery

Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: Wonko]
    #27125042 - 01/04/21 12:20 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

This plate had some mold or some fucked up shit so I took off th lid for some pics. I seem to have no germination but there are spores.

This is that shitake

The very growing tip of the shiitake 

Presence of spores in my slice. No signs of them germinating.

The Darth Vader ass mold? that got hold of this plate there are 5 more plates to take a sample from.

What the fuck is this "ournal article
The Stimulation of Spore Germination in Agaricus bisporus by Organic Acids
DOROTHY M. LÖSEL
Annals of Botany
New Series, Vol. 31, No. 122 (APRIL 1967), pp. 417-425 (9 pages)
Published By: Oxford University Press
" https://www.jstor.org/stable/42907978?seq=1 Am I doomed to failure?

Edited by TigerStrike (01/04/21 12:52 AM)

OfflineTankie_J
I like having fun
I'm a teapot

#27125059 - 01/04/21 12:35 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Narrator said:

Had a plate that looked exactly like that, and as AKA mentioned, let it sit and eventually was able to transfer myc. It did not produce very well for me. It was labeled PE and I got these

So I’d say let it hang around a bit and see what happens

Offlinetiptrippy
The Mechanic
Male

Loc: United States Flag
Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: Tankie_J]
    #27125080 - 01/04/21 12:57 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Jan. 3 2021 10:30pm

I had some really quick growth on my cyan plate. Had a large clump of spores shoot out of the syringe. The goal here is to get fruits as fast as possible so I decided to do only enough transfers to get clean myc for a LC.
Sorry for the blurry pictures this time.

• Took 1 xfer from the Pan Cyan plate
  • Took 2 TINY xfers of the barely germed x7x

Updated OP here

OfflinePitcherCrab
Crescent Fresh
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The bottom of the sea.
Trusted Cultivator
Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: tiptrippy] * 1
    #27125101 - 01/04/21 01:40 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

PitcherCrab's LAGM 2021

Cubensis: Texas Orange Cap & Texas White Cap

1/3/2021

I wanna play! I just got Texas Orange Cap and Texas White Cap I'd like to do. Streaked both to MEA today. I may add Melmac, but I'm still waiting on the spores.

1/6/2021

Update, I just plated some Melmac and PE, because why not. I've never grown PE and figured it was about time. Also I just got some germination on a plate of TOC, but it was one that I had swabbed 12/7/20, so not technically in 2021.

1/7/2021

I’ve got some germination on my TWC now and the TOC is growing nicely. Also looks like a spore LC I have also germinated. I recently moved everything I was trying to germinate from my cold ass garage to my warm loft space... seems to have done the trick!

1/10/2021

Whelp my the TOC plate I swabbed 1/3/21 has gone completely bacterial. However I have an older plate from 12/7/20 that's taking off. It wasn't germinating because I had it in my freezing cold garage, but once I moved it to a warmer place it started right up. I moved it right around the 3rd of January so for the sake of following the LAGM2021 rules I'm going to say that it was started in 2021. I also started an LC around that same time from spore (yes I know you're not supposed to do that because of print contamination and all that), which has also been taking off. Both the TOC plate and LC are just a tiny bit ahead of my TWC, which is also doing nicely. And some photos...

1/12/2021
Just made 3 transfers each of TWC and TOC. Moving right along! :royalrainbow:

1/15/2021

Small update, here are my T1 TOC and TWC chugging along.

1/17/2021

Transfer to T2! Whoo-hoo, moving along here.

T1 plates:

T2 transfers:

1/19/2021

I'm really liking how this T2 TWC is coming along. Nice and fast for 2 days of growth. The TOC is a little behind but also doing well. I decided not to include it in this update because there was too much condensation on the plate to get a good shot. Perhaps I'll have better luck tomorrow.

One more update, the TOC LC I started with spore was contaminated with spiderweb mold, I found out after putting some to grain. That'll be the last time I do that! :facepalm:

1/20/2021

Here are some better shots of my TWC and TOC T2’s from today. Looks like one of the sectors on the TWC has some bacteria, but the other ones look great. I expect its time to take a T3 either tomorrow or the next day.

1/21/2021

This morning I made my T3's. Saw a little bacteria on one of the TWC sectors on T2, so I'm hoping this will get me where I need to be with some clean cultures I can take to grain.

1/26/2021

I made a few more transfers today. My TWC and TOC T2 plates are looking really good so I decided to make a few more transfers from them.

TWC & TOC T2's:

I had already made T3 transfers, but for whatever reason they weren't giving me the kind of growth I was after. I made a T4 of the TWC because there was some good growth one of the sections of my T3 plate, but I didn't bother with the TOC because nothing was looking that good to me. I think the new transfers I got from the T2's should more than make up for it.

TWC & TOC T3's, not too much to work with here:

I also have a few plates of exotics I'm excited about I thought I'd throw in here for kicks. Here are an Atl#7, P. tamp. Pollock and P. subtropicalis looking good. I'm excited to get these guys onto grain after a couple more transfers.

1/29/2021

I finally have some really good looking mycelium to work with for both the TOC and TWC. I'll be transferring one more time then it's to grain!

Here are the plates I'm liking:

2/4/2021

Well, my last transfers didn't grow out as nicely as I would've liked. Looks like taking them from the soft MEYA to the hard MEA did something a little wonky. They were growing beautiful and rhizomorphic and now they are a fluff bomb again. I was going to take them to grain from these plates but now I'm having second thoughts. What do you guys think?

TOC T3 & T4:

TWC T3 & T4:

My tamps on the other hand seem to love the new MEA plates. Here are some ATL#7 and Pollock:

And these Ps. natalensis I just got is crazzzy aggressive. I swabbed them on 1/27 and got a T1 on 2/2 and they already look like this:

I'd love to get some feedback on my TOC and TWC. What do you guys think? More transfers or am I alright heading to grain. Cultures are looking clean so that's all good, just not sure about the growth I'm seeing on the MEA plates.

2/12/2021

It happened! I finally got my plates to a place where I felt good to put them to grain. Yesterday I inoculated 3 quarts each of the TOC and TWC. Looks like they're already starting to jump into the grain so I've got a good feeling about this. If all goes well, I think I'll turn these into a few shoeboxes to go for a clone and perhaps expand into some 5lb bags for good measure. :grin:

One thing... I'm not a huge fan of these Ziploc Twist N Lock containers for grain. The lids just don't feel that secure in terms of keeping contams out... but hey its what I had on hand and I've been having a terrible time locating mason jars locally. The day after I made these I was able to pick up a few flats of quarts so my next round will definitely be in glass.

Here are a few photos:

3/23/2021

So its been a while since I've updated this. Things took quite a bit longer to colonize than I was expecting and then I got suuuuper busy. Anyway, I spawned x2 TOC and x2 TWC shoeboxes today. I'm also expanding some more of my T4a cultures into 5lb mycobags which I will use for monos if they colonize without issue.

Here is a pic of my freshly spawned shoeboxes:

4/21/2021

Big update! My two shoeboxes of TOC fruited and the TWC is right behind them. The first flush yielded 2oz dry from 2 myco quarts of grain (one per shoebox). Second flush is coming in right now. Not the best pin set, but I'm quite happy as its been a while since I've grown cubes. I'm excited to get everything more dialed in as the weather warms up here. I've taken 3 clones form the TOC and plan on taking the same from the TWC. Also have some 5lb bags of grain going of both that will go into monos soon.

TOC:

4/11/21

4/13/21

4/14/21

4/15/21

4/16/21

4/19/21
Second Flush Starting to knot up:

4/21/21
One of the shoeboxes starting to show some nice second flush pins:

TWC:

4/19/21

4/21/21

4/24/2021

My MS TWC finished their first flush nicely. I had to go out of town yesterday and wasn’t able to harvest them when I normally would’ve so they made a bit of a mess. Wet weight of each bin was 464g for #1 and 420g for #2. I took prints and x3 clones which I will be testing in bottles before running in some monos.

Also my MS TOC’s second flush is coming in.

4/26/2021

My TOCs pulled together a nice looking second flush. Not as plentiful as I would’ve liked, but I didn’t soak after the first flush. I did bottom water, but I think it was too little too late. Going to see about a 3rd flush.

4/27/2021

I just harvested my TOC second flush, got 390g wet from 2 shoeboxes. Both were 1qt spawn to 2qt CV.

5/10/2021

I’ve got my final update from my shoeboxes ready to go! I pulled a total of 3 flushes from the TOC and 2 flushes from the TWC. I’ve also got 2 TOC monos I made 9 days ago which are already pinning. Without further ado here are some photos:

5/6/21
TWC second flush, I lost one of the shoeboxes after the first flush to trich, so there is only one here. I was fruiting them in a mono, but ended up needing it for something else so I double tubbed them. Seems like they got a bit too much humidity/heat towards the end there and started to get all droopy.

5/8/21
TOC third flush, a day before harvest. I let these guys go a little longer as I wanted to get some prints. There are two shoeboxes here, the one with the smaller flush ended up having some pretty nasty trich on one side by the time I harvested.

Shoebox 1:

Shoebox 2:

5/9/21

Here are the pre-harvest photos of the TOC. Only took pictures of the better looking box.

Shoebox 1:

5/30/2021

Here is a photo dump from the last 20 days or so. I have a couple monos of my LAGM2021 TOC that are just finishing up their second flush. Came out quite nicely if I do say so myself! I pulled 10oz dry total on the first flush from both monos. I also have 1 mono of TWC which is lagging for some reason. Hopefully I'll get pins soon.

First Flush:

Second Flush:

6/10/2021

Third flush of my final tub before I toss it. Thanks for the fun times everyone!

--------------------
PC's LAGM 2021 (TOC & TWC)
P. natalensis Growlog 2021
Pans for PC Fall 2021 Growlog

“I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.” - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Edited by PitcherCrab (06/10/21 12:59 PM)

OfflineA.k.aM
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaming the system
Trusted Cultivator
    #27125135 - 01/04/21 02:35 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Tankie_J said:
Quote:

Narrator said:

Had a plate that looked exactly like that, and as AKA mentioned, let it sit and eventually was able to transfer myc. It did not produce very well for me. It was labeled PE and I got these

So I’d say let it hang around a bit and see what happens

Unrelated but that pheno in the dehydrator is sick as fuck. I know theres at least a few people chasing similar stuff right now.

--------------------
LAGM2020

OfflineWizardSJ
Stranger

#27125138 - 01/04/21 02:46 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Got the first signs of spore germination after 3 days, tiny growth surrounding spore clumps. Got a few other strains going, will throw those in my report.

Going to use a sterilized manure substrate in a fruiting bag similar to gormet mushroom farming and see how that fairs.

OfflineGrinchGrower
N00B
Male User Gallery

#27125139 - 01/04/21 02:48 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Tankie_J said:

I love the shape of these fruits. They remind me of Smurf cartoons or something.

OfflineSockadin
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: GypsyBastard]
    #27125225 - 01/04/21 04:31 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks Gypsy!

Gonna get started today! Will update shortly.

OfflineMycoBrainz
Mycotic
Male User Gallery

Loc: West Coast
Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: Sockadin]
    #27125399 - 01/04/21 06:46 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

MycoBrainz said:
Quote:

MycoBrainz said:
I'm in. Greenhouse got shutdown. I'll have some time. Just poured 75 plates.

Streaked X7X and Moby Dick 1/3/2021

Getting ready to pour 100 more plates today.  Made Green, Blue,& Purple MEA. My streaks starting to take off. Especially the pan cyan Aussie, Hi and Al.

Got my petris ready to go.

Edited by MycoBrainz (01/17/21 12:02 AM)

InvisibleReverendMyc

Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: MycoBrainz]
    #27125734 - 01/04/21 10:14 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

in which MuthaFudpucker Grows some stuff (update)

2021-01-04
Got some germination action on the Tamps. They don't start out looking too pretty, but the last time I tried them they looked the same. So I think we are good for meow. Waiting for a bit more growth to do a transfer.

Nothing from the PE germ plates yet.

--------------------
LAGM 2.024
Stoned Gummys tek (Gummies from sclerotia or mushrooms) *Not just for stones any more
"Psychedelics are powerful substances. Nothing that powerful is completely safe... and nothing completely safe is that powerful!" - Abigail Calder at ALPS 2023
Don't Panic

Edited by ReverendMyc (01/04/21 10:20 AM)

OfflineTankie_J
I like having fun
I'm a teapot

#27125756 - 01/04/21 10:23 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Damn AKA! I liked the pheno too but when these grew out I had some serious shit go down with one of my friends and I didn’t do any cult work for a few months. I do have a print from that grow but I have no idea if I will get the same results.

Invisiblebigfootscreepyuncl
Stranger

Loc: Gamehenge
    #27125918 - 01/04/21 11:25 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Nothing at all happening on my plates. I'm thinking about pouring another 10 plates and using some swabs with my MSS instead of a loop. It's still early and I know I'm being impatient but if nothing else it will give me something to do and be able to compare the two methods (swabs vs. loop)

--------------------

I :heart: 5318008

NOT a virgin!

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | Next > | Last >

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck