Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | Next > | Last >
InvisibleThe Fresh PrintsS
Smell ya later
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bel-Air Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: roarkell]
    #27123402 - 01/03/21 08:29 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Mine always look like a jar of piss too.  I've only ever used oat water for LC though. I think I'm providing too many nutes because expansion is slow and never as full as I'd like.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDoctor Mario
🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄
Male Unread Journal

Loc: 🇺🇸
Trusted Cultivator
Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: GypsyBastard]
    #27123436 - 01/03/21 09:00 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

GypsyBastard said:
When you guys update you log, go ahead and copy/paste the update to the thread instead just linking it. That way everyone can see your updates as they come without have to jump around within the thread.

I'm really excited for this LAGM log. I wanted to log my last couple grows and never got around to it. I wish I had because most of my photos were lost when a flash drive went corrupt in the middle of a transfer. :smbfacepalm:Any way, for LAGM 2021 I'll be working with Avery's Albino and Yeti.

I've only previously worked with prints and never used swabs before so this could turn into a big fat fail. Regardless, anyone who's interested gets to witness it. These swabs were sent from D3 who also sent me a Rusty Whyte print that performed excellent.

I thought I knew what a psychadelic experience was until those little bastards grabbed me by the nuts and made me their bitch for four hours. It was a beautifully terrifying ordeal. Maybe I'll write a report on that one of these days when I can gather the words to explain it. Here's some of the fruit and the tea that showed me how much I don't actually know about this reality.

Tonight, I poured some plates. I used D3monic's Agar Tek. It's the only agar recipe I've used but it's been so good to me that I haven't found a reason to try anything else. I used 8g Light Malt Extract and 9g Agar Powder. I planned on pouring 40 plates but I let the agar cool too much and the plates started getting clumpy towards the end of the run so I stopped at 34. It was a disaster. Agar started to solidify on the mouth of the bottle and I ended up pouring a big streak down an entire stack of plates. Hopefully it didn't hurt anything. I'll wait about 10 days and if I don't see any visible contams, I'll go ahead and swab em.

:kenthumbup:

--------------------

OfflineTankie_J
I like having fun
I'm a teapot

#27123459 - 01/03/21 09:17 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Hey Roarkell lovin’ you mixing things up with the Gyms! I don’t know what I’m doing with the baeos but I’m happy someone else is doing some wood lovers. I got your APE swabs to germ and have 8 grain jars noc’d up doing their thing. I plan on using spores from that grow to mix with a Melmak swab I have left over from my last grow...

My plan is to swab the APE fruit with the swab that already has the Melmak spores on it. Question for all, what do you guys/gals think? I think it’s a viable way to get a cross going. I only have one swab left of the Melmak as I traded the rest out. Luckily it’s a qtip and I used both ends. Any other ideas are welcome, I just won’t be able to try them all when the time comes.

Offlineroarkell
The Roar Master!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Southern WI Flag
Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: Tankie_J]
    #27123474 - 01/03/21 09:22 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Tankie_J said:
Hey Roarkell lovin’ you mixing things up with the Gyms! I don’t know what I’m doing with the baeos but I’m happy someone else is doing some wood lovers. I got your APE swabs to germ and have 8 grain jars noc’d up doing their thing. I plan on using spores from that grow to mix with a Melmak swab I have left over from my last grow...

My plan is to swab the APE fruit with the swab that already has the Melmak spores on it. Question for all, what do you guys/gals think? I think it’s a viable way to get a cross going. I only have one swab left of the Melmak as I traded the rest out. Luckily it’s a qtip and I used both ends. Any other ideas are welcome, I just won’t be able to try them all when the time comes.

If it were me, id do the double up swab on one end and streak a few plates that way... and then do the other one opposing zip zags and watch for germination at the intersections...

Invisiblebigfootscreepyuncl
Stranger

Loc: Gamehenge
Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: coversall]
    #27123500 - 01/03/21 09:38 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

coversall said:
:carlton:

me waiting for my plates to germ

Same here..My last time MSS to agar I only got 33% of my plates to germ so I'm pretty damn anxious this time. Checking on my plates 5 times a day isn't making them go any faster either lol

--------------------

I :heart: 5318008

NOT a virgin!

OfflineTankie_J
I like having fun
I'm a teapot

#27123510 - 01/03/21 09:43 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

roarkell said:

If it were me, id do the double up swab on one end and streak a few plates that way... and then do the other one opposing zip zags and watch for germination at the intersections...

I dig it. I saw someone do the opposing zig-zags a page or two back and noted it. Thanks for the input.

Did you streak those swabs I sent you?

Invisiblecoversall
إِنْ شَاءَ ٱللَهُ
 Unread Journal

Loc: संसार
Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: bigfootscreepyuncl]
    #27123518 - 01/03/21 09:47 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

bigfootscreepyuncl said:

Same here..My last time MSS to agar I only got 33% of my plates to germ so I'm pretty damn anxious this time. Checking on my plates 5 times a day isn't making them go any faster either lol

Hah! I know the felling. My galindoi plates are the first time I've used a swab and it feels like it shouldn't work.

--------------------

..:: E V E R Y  ::..

..:: New? Start here. ::..
..:: How I Panaeolus. From Agar to Tea ::..

OfflineEugene Gesuale
Jar-Sniffer
Other

Loc: The Basement Flag
    #27123521 - 01/03/21 09:51 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

When I bust out my first swabs ever, hopefully this week, I will use a small hemostat to pull off a small chunk and smear it all around.

--------------------
Everything in life is a trade-off.

All posts made by this account are purely satirical in nature.

OfflineSockadin
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #27123522 - 01/03/21 09:52 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

LAGMA 2021 Post:

January 5thish?

I decided to keep this simple this year. PA+ (Penis Envy Uncut crossed with AA+) This is only the F3 of this cross so I am not sure if it is stable yet. As a control I decided to also do AA+ and see how they turn out.

So the prints:

And the set up. I did a simple inoculation loop swipe on to two plates and now we wait for germination.

Plates are inoculated.

January 21 Update:

Both Plates failed because I dropped them into water. :facepalm:

So LAGM2021 Restart!

PA+  Penis Envy Uncut x AA+
Amazon X Mystery Cube 
True Albino Teachers
Rusty White x Melmac F2

I will get some updated pictures soon but all 4 plates were streaked today using Eats Q-tip method. Sterile Swabs Now

February 3rd update:

I got germination on the Melmac x Rusty Whites on the second transfer. Nothing worth taking pictures over.

March 14th: Still nothing worth taking pictures of. Just some semi colonized jars.

April 30... Edited some of the above information.

PA+ was finally spawned after 6 transfers and the shoebox is fully colonized but wont fruit.
RW Melmac

True Albino Teachers will not germinate for some reason. Multiple trys.

AmazonxMystery Cross is almost fully colonized and ready for fruiting. Will insert picture when they have flushed.

Edited by Sockadin (04/30/21 01:44 PM)

Offlineroarkell
The Roar Master!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Southern WI Flag
    #27123534 - 01/03/21 09:59 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Tankie_J said:
Quote:

roarkell said:

I dig it. I saw someone do the opposing zig-zags a page or two back and noted it. Thanks for the input.

Did you streak those swabs I sent you?

I got some germination but have yet to get fruits... melmac has eluded me thus far... ive gotten a few different swabs from a few members here with no success... just got a set from Quirkmeister92's enormous giveaway and swabbwd those as a last minute addition to my LAGM.

OfflineTankie_J
I like having fun
I'm a teapot

Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: Eugene Gesuale]
    #27123541 - 01/03/21 10:05 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Adrenochrome said:
When I bust out my first swabs ever, hopefully this week, I will use a small hemostat to pull off a small chunk and smear it all around.

I’ve had success and nothing with this method. But a good ol’ stab into the agar hasn’t failed me yet.

InvisibleThe Fresh PrintsS
Smell ya later
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bel-Air Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #27123558 - 01/03/21 10:16 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Tankie_J said:
Quote:

Adrenochrome said:

I’ve had success and nothing with this method. But a good ol’ stab into the agar hasn’t failed me yet.

That's what I did for all of my LAGM germ plates. I ain't fuckin' around with swabbing plates or snipping bits off. These bitches gonna germ whether they like it or not. Can't tell you how many times I tried to germ PE spores to no avail before I tried dunking the swab.

--------------------

OfflineBallzagna
Carb Daddy
Male

#27123564 - 01/03/21 10:19 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Tankie_J said:

hoping that's the case for my APE plates, last time I tried just swiping and got nothing

pretty sure I'm starting to see some faint germing on an LPEU and a couple Yeti plates, we'll see tomorrow. I looked over jakeoncid's pan tek and I think I might throw those on as a late addition next time I'm in the SAB, been sitting on this print for a while. Never tried pans before and the tub system looks like a fun build.

--------------------
No one likes a naysayer

It's probably fine. Even if it's not fine, it'll eventually be fine. So it's fine.
PE Adventure
:sunny:Photosynthesis: A Morning Ritual:sunny:
Ballzagna's Tek Compendium and Notes for Noobs

Stranger

Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: The Fresh Prints]
    #27123568 - 01/03/21 10:20 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

That's what makes me nervous. I'm doing APE and PE from MSS. If I dont get germination in about a week I'm just going to make some BRF cakes so I can start cloning. Is there a prize this year for being the very last person to harvest?? lol

--------------------

NOT a virgin!

OfflineTankie_J
I like having fun
I'm a teapot

#27123576 - 01/03/21 10:24 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Roar
Damn that’s lame dude! Well you’re bound to get something. I’ll hook you up if I run them again.

Genghis
Stab city, baby!

OfflineGypsyBastard
Misanthrope
 User Gallery

Loc: The Mighty Boosh
    #27123668 - 01/03/21 11:08 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Adrenochrome said:

Damn I wish you had told me that sooner. haha. I always carry some hemostats in my pack in case me or my companion get a fish hook in our foot on a walkabout. I try to not take thing out of my pack for fear not putting them back so I always forget I have them......  :pondering:  next time.....

OfflineEugene Gesuale
Jar-Sniffer
Other

Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: The Fresh Prints]
    #27123706 - 01/03/21 11:35 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Genghis Chron said:
Quote:

Tankie_J said:
Quote:

Adrenochrome said:

That's what I did for all of my LAGM germ plates. I ain't fuckin' around with swabbing plates or snipping bits off. These bitches gonna germ whether they like it or not. Can't tell you how many times I tried to germ PE spores to no avail before I tried dunking the swab.

Of course I’ll use a little more agar in my recipe for firmness and finish each smeared chunk by pushing it into the surface for good measure

--------------------

Invisiblealaskappalachian
Entitiologist

Loc: The 49th Dimension
    #27123709 - 01/03/21 11:39 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I used a loop on a swab a couple times recently with success.  Was much easier than tweezers and such imo and worked great. :thumbup:  Only reason I still have any angulospora or subsecotioides spores left lol.  That said,  I am glad I finally swabbed my plates last night.  I can see my breath inside and not expected to warm up for 36hrs so would have really been dragging ass waiting it out to work comfortably.  Excited about these gym grows I see.  Waiting on a jar of lute spawn to finish right meow and have been hawking the GLogs for more grows...:creepylurker:

--------------------

THE 49TH MYCOJOURNAL: EXOTICS, AURORAS,  & ENTITIES

ISO:Gym punctifolius spores for trade :pm:

OfflineEugene Gesuale
Jar-Sniffer
Other

#27123712 - 01/03/21 11:40 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

GypsyBastard said:
Quote:

Adrenochrome said:

Damn I wish you had told me that sooner. haha. I always carry some hemostats in my pack in case me or my companion get a fish hook in our foot on a walkabout. I try to not take thing out of my pack for fear not putting them back so I always forget I have them......  :pondering:  next time.....

It only makes sense to me because if I can’t get the first plate to germ that way, I’d imagine I won’t get the second to either. Then as a last resort I may just plunge the swab, but I think dabbing the way in some sterile water then smearing is a better option for using the whole swab

Never thought about a loop. Good idea

--------------------

Stranger

#27123770 - 01/03/21 12:13 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

This is becoming a discouraging thread to follow after hearing about all your issues getting PE and APE to germinate on agar lol. I think I'll get some BRF cakes going in a day or two just so I have some fruits to show while I keep working on PE and APE plates

--------------------

NOT a virgin!

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | Next > | Last >

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder