Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
OfflineErnieErgot67
Apprentice
Male User Gallery

Loc: North eastern USA
Re: New guy. Trouble navigating [Re: IdiotCircusBoy]
    #27118857 - 12/31/20 05:05 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

The bulb is only $12. Were you able to look at the specs on it?  And a pat on the back I believe is in order for figuring out how to put a picture up LOL. And a avatar ! Haha

--------------------
Can’t we all just get along???
Progress not perfection.
Don’t judge others because their flaws are different than yours

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleIdiotCircusBoy
Human Person
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: New guy. Trouble navigating [Re: ErnieErgot67]
    #27119875 - 01/01/21 08:19 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Sorry man, lighting is a little outside of my comfort zone.  I would say that the general consensus on the board is to aim for @ 6500K and @ 1000 Lumens per tub, so the bulb you found hits that range.  $12 dollars is not a lot of money but you could buy 4 CFL's for that price.  Is rub the fleeb Rick and Morty?  I need to check it out.

!!Happy New Year!!

--------------------
Just call me Idiot

"People hasten to judge in order not to be judged themselves."

Edited by IdiotCircusBoy (01/01/21 08:22 AM)

OfflineErnieErgot67
Apprentice
Male User Gallery

#27120306 - 01/01/21 12:18 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Happy new year Brutha! Thanx for the reply. Yes that is Rick and Marty. I’m 53 years old I’m still loving animated shows, American dad, family guy, and my favorite is Rick and Morty. But every night I put on adult swim.  I went ahead and ordered a box of three for $12 of the regular CFL spiral. 6500k.
They were tougher to locate than one would think. A lot of places didn’t have them in stock, either at the store or online. So I went to the giant… Amazon.

OK here comes my real stupid question. I don’t know what these “STICKY NOTES” are that  everybody is referring to throughout this forum.

I am getting so antsy to do my first grow. The USPS is all backed up and I have been waiting over a week now for my spore syringes...from two different vendors even. I believe I have everything I need to get started with the exception of the spores and my pressure cooker which I really don’t need to start the PF Tek.

My second question is this.… Will I get more of a yield if I break up my rice flour cakes and mix those into a bulk substrate. As opposed to leaving them whole and setting them on pearl light and foil. And if I do that will I be able to do a second and third flush as well?

--------------------
Progress not perfection.

InvisibleIdiotCircusBoy
Human Person
Male User Gallery

#27120644 - 01/01/21 03:36 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

At the top of the page it says FORUM INDEX.  Select this and all the FORUMS show up.  The image below is the GETTING STARTED FORUM and the first several threads say STICKY next to them and have information useful to that forum.  Cakes are nice because they are physically isolated from each other.  Most spore syringes have contaminants in them.  Since they are birthed and fruited separately most contaminants won't jump from one cake to the next.  You could get lucky and all of your cakes will be perfect, but that's just not going to happen.  When you mix them all together then anything bad in one of the cakes will now infest your entire grow.  Also, most people redunk their cakes and get another yield or two.  Most people do bulk grows from grains and agar.  Some people break up cakes or put them in a blender, but I'm assuming they do it with an LC (Liquid Culture), not sure you'd have to ask them.  Best advice, for your first grow, keep it simple.  Sorry, cakes are not my thing.

--------------------
Just call me Idiot

OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

Loc: Borderlands Flag
    #27120835 - 01/01/21 05:48 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Yea man, i knew you'd find it. Jus ttook a little looking.

Quote:

IdiotCircusBoy said:
Quote:

ErnieErgot67 said:
What’s your opinion on some of the stuff on Instagram?

There is a thread going on right now and people are talking about YouTube Channels that are myco related. Your favorite myco youtube channel?

The answer to both the question and the thread is avoid it like the plague. Whether it's youtube, reddit, insta, w/e; they all have the same problem. There's no moderators for quality, it's a free for all of bad ideas. This dedicated site has a rating system, trusted cultivators, and a constant check & updates on current best practices. A video demo seems nice, but more often than not it's full of bad ideas and you wind up building bad habits & a misunderstanding on how things work and what they require. I dunno why tc's and mods haven't chimed in on that thread. If you look close all the pro-youtube comments are from new users not vets or tc's; and it's also slanted towards growing edibles because long time edible growers are more comfortable sharing there than underground active growers.

OfflineErnieErgot67
Apprentice
Male User Gallery

Re: New guy. Trouble navigating [Re: LtLurker]
    #27121372 - 01/02/21 12:05 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

@LT. Find What? Lord knows in the past week I’ve been looking for a lot of things! Ha ha

--------------------
Progress not perfection.

OfflineErnieErgot67
Apprentice
Male User Gallery

#27121377 - 01/02/21 12:14 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

@Lt Lurker...You once sent this to me. I copied and paste it below The part after you said to leave some juice in the syringe. I’m not sure what you mean by that. I was hoping you could elaborate
You can do a little of both here if you want. You can make some 1/2pint pf jars to inoculate directly with your syringe as your safe bet and leave some juice in the syringe. Your cakes can be spawned to bulk just like grains when they're done if you'd prefer(cuts out making cake chambers).

--------------------
Progress not perfection.

Edited by ErnieErgot67 (01/02/21 01:22 AM)

OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

Loc: Borderlands Flag
    #27121782 - 01/02/21 10:03 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I was talking about your bulbs.

Agar only needs a drop from a spore syringe to germinate growth. So you can get a syringe to do cakes and just leave a bit left over for agar if you wanted.

OfflineErnieErgot67
Apprentice
Male User Gallery

#27122990 - 01/03/21 12:09 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

No no. You said that my cakes can be spawned to bulk just like grains when there done if I prefer. ( cuts out making cake chambers.)
This is what you said and I don’t know what you’re talking about.  Maybe I’m confused of what the terminology means whatever the case is I’m not sure what you’re trying to say to me.
I’m sorry. I can be a little slow sometimes.

The mail (USPS) is finally starting to move again. I’ve got spores  coming from two different vendors and then I have a liquid live culture coming as well so I’m trying to decide my best route for all of them
I ordered them 11 days ago. I’m going to guess my score is probably froze.

--------------------
Progress not perfection.

OfflineGrinchGrower
N00B
Male User Gallery

Re: New guy. Trouble navigating [Re: LtLurker] * 1
    #27123004 - 01/03/21 12:34 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

LtLurker said:
Your cakes can be spawned to bulk just like grains when they're done if you'd prefer(cuts out making cake chambers).

This worked for me:
---> GG BRF to Bulk Shoebox Log #1<---

Edited by GrinchGrower (01/03/21 12:50 AM)

OfflineErnieErgot67
Apprentice
Male User Gallery

#27124833 - 01/03/21 09:32 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

In response to your feed back...thank you BTW. You said cakes were not your thing. What is your thing? How do you do it? What Tek do you use and howz ur rezults?

--------------------
Progress not perfection.

InvisibleIdiotCircusBoy
Human Person
Male User Gallery

#27125927 - 01/04/21 11:30 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ErnieErgot67 said:
In response to your feed back...thank you BTW. You said cakes were not your thing. What is your thing? How do you do it? What Tek do you use and howz ur rezults?

While I don't want to discuss me personally I will tell you that I think the general consensus is to take spores to Agar, Agar to Grains, and Grains to Bulk using a monotub.  What TEK you follow, IMO, is dependent on a combination of your current skill set, what materials you have available, how much money you want to spend, what space you have available, and how much time you have.  In other words, if you have access to a lot of manure then you will probably use a TEK with manure.  If I had to choose a particular persons TEK to follow it would be bodhisatta.  His stuff is linked below.

TEKs Trusted Cultivator Methods & Mushroom + Cultivation Info LINK LIBRARY

--------------------
Just call me Idiot

OfflineErnieErgot67
Apprentice
Male User Gallery

#27127209 - 01/04/21 10:18 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

OK so I get all my ducks in a row. The only thing I’m waiting for is my PC to be delivered. Right now I have four different types of spores. I also got my hands on a Live culture spore syringe. While I am doing my PF Tek and going through the waiting process of colonization and fruiting I would like to start getting my feet wet with Agar with some of the spores that I got. I have skimmed through this forum for the past two plus hours and I cannot find anything solid that makes any sense to me on what to buy to make a good batch of agar and what size petri dish to buy. I don’t want to you and glad cups. I would like to use pitrie dishes. Please Please don’t give me Pastys  easy agar recipe! I don’t want it.  I already have some light malt extract. So I would like to start there. All I want is a simple recipe, including the brand name of the products needed, how much to buy, how to prep it, and how to sterilize it. I don’t care if it’s a pour, or a no pour, or whatever. I just want something that has easy clear cut directions with possibly some photos, easy to follow and that makes sense.  Of course a link is fine if it meets that criteria. Thank you in advance. I am so close to starting my first run at this and I’m very excited. I want so badly to do this right and learn the correct way not necessarily the easiest way. I was a chef for 20 years and I know how to follow a recipe and directions if they are clear-cut. Ironically I am a gardener and a landscaper now and know how to grow things. I’ve just never grown fungi!! Lol.

--------------------
Progress not perfection.

OfflineFungi Rogers
New Guy

#27127286 - 01/04/21 11:54 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ErnieErgot67 said:
OK so I get all my ducks in a row. The only thing I’m waiting for is my PC to be delivered. Right now I have four different types of spores. I also got my hands on a Live culture spore syringe. While I am doing my PF Tek and going through the waiting process of colonization and fruiting I would like to start getting my feet wet with Agar with some of the spores that I got. I have skimmed through this forum for the past two plus hours and I cannot find anything solid that makes any sense to me on what to buy to make a good batch of agar and what size petri dish to buy. I don’t want to you and glad cups. I would like to use pitrie dishes. Please Please don’t give me Pastys  easy agar recipe! I don’t want it.  I already have some light malt extract. So I would like to start there. All I want is a simple recipe, including the brand name of the products needed, how much to buy, how to prep it, and how to sterilize it. I don’t care if it’s a pour, or a no pour, or whatever. I just want something that has easy clear cut directions with possibly some photos, easy to follow and that makes sense.  Of course a link is fine if it meets that criteria. Thank you in advance. I am so close to starting my first run at this and I’m very excited. I want so badly to do this right and learn the correct way not necessarily the easiest way. I was a chef for 20 years and I know how to follow a recipe and directions if they are clear-cut. Ironically I am a gardener and a landscaper now and know how to grow things. I’ve just never grown fungi!! Lol.

For size of Petri dishes bud uses 100 x 15 and that’s what I started using also. Simple recipe is 10grams light malt extract 10grams agar agar 500 ml of water. Add dry ingredients then add water shake place in microwave with cap really lose and boil it make sure to not over boil. Once’s boiling take out tighten cap shake well. Then you’ll loosen that cap again and pc for 20 min at 15psi

InvisibleIdiotCircusBoy
Human Person
Male User Gallery

Re: New guy. Trouble navigating [Re: Fungi Rogers]
    #27127708 - 01/05/21 08:18 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

EE - If you follow the link I sent you yesterday you'll get a list with other links.  Then if you follow the one that says "Agar TEK's Including Bod's Easy AF Comprehensive Agar TEK"  you'll get several comprehensive step by step agar TEKs with everything you need.

--------------------
Just call me Idiot

OfflineErnieErgot67
Apprentice
Male User Gallery

#27128012 - 01/05/21 11:34 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

IdiotCircusBoy said:
EE - If you follow the link I sent you yesterday you'll get a list with other links.  Then if you follow the one that says "Agar TEK's Including Bod's Easy AF Comprehensive Agar TEK"  you'll get several comprehensive step by step agar TEKs with everything you need.

Maybe I should change my signature to just call me idiot. Lol. Thank you ICB. I keep tying to tell people that I’m SAF (slow as fuck) when it comes to navigating this forum and when it comes to reading “some people’s” perception of directions. I will check that out as well. Thanx Brutha

--------------------
Progress not perfection.

OfflineErnieErgot67
Apprentice
Male User Gallery

Re: New guy. Trouble navigating [Re: Fungi Rogers]
    #27128020 - 01/05/21 11:39 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

@Fungi Rogers

For size of Petri dishes bud uses 100 x 15 and that’s what I started using also. Simple recipe is 10grams light malt extract 10grams agar agar 500 ml of water. Add dry ingredients then add water shake place in microwave with cap really lose and boil it make sure to not over boil. Once’s boiling take out tighten cap shake well. Then you’ll loosen that cap again and pc for 20 min at 15psi

PERFECT!!!!
THANK YOU THANK YOU. THANK YOU.

Now these directions I can follow. I do have another question to ask but I’m at work right now so it’ll have to wait. Thank you again very much I appreciate it. Enjoy the rest of your day FR!
Peace, Love, & Mycelium :grin:

--------------------
Progress not perfection.

OfflineFungi Rogers
New Guy

#27128180 - 01/05/21 12:45 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ErnieErgot67 said:
@Fungi Rogers

PERFECT!!!!
THANK YOU THANK YOU. THANK YOU.

Now these directions I can follow. I do have another question to ask but I’m at work right now so it’ll have to wait. Thank you again very much I appreciate it. Enjoy the rest of your day FR!
Peace, Love, & Mycelium :grin:</font>

No problem bud. I’ll keep an eye open for your question. You also enjoy your day.

OfflineErnieErgot67
Apprentice
Male User Gallery

#27142570 - 01/11/21 07:13 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Well I’m finally on my way. I finally have 14 BRS jars inoculated with an LC and colonizing as we speak. It’s only been 48 hours and they’re already showing signs of recolonization. I am so excited. I so hope everything goes right and I don’t get any contaminants. Thanks for all your help and everybody else is helpful here who is been a part of my beginning. I know I drove everybody nuts with my whining and questions. But thank you for all of you stay tune for more questions once I get to the second stage… Birthing them. :mushroom2  :cheers:

--------------------
Progress not perfection.

InvisibleIdiotCircusBoy
Human Person
Male User Gallery

#27142590 - 01/11/21 07:27 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Looking forward to some pics.

--------------------
Just call me Idiot

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale