Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | Next > | Last >
Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Loc: House of Mirrors
Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: koods]
    #27118981 - 12/31/20 06:13 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Even so. I know i am being pedantic but it feels misleading to say someone died because their heart stopped if their heart stopped because their brain stopped

If your brain completely stops you die. Your experience stops. It is over. If your heart stops you are still alive experiencing shit until your brain has gone too long without oxygen

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: morrowasted]
    #27119287 - 12/31/20 08:51 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

If your heart stops you have about 5 seconds left of usable consciousness.

So I was a bit skeptical about the panic over the new covid strain, but this shit looks legit. The U.K. is in a pretty strict lockdown situation and this case growth is about as steep as we’ve seen. The next month  is gonna to be pretty awful. I say there’s a decent chance we have to do another total lockdown. If we had any fucking leaders with balls it would be happening right now.

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Invisiblecannabinated
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Outside Flag
Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: koods]
    #27119343 - 12/31/20 09:30 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

flat vents need filtering

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: cannabinated] * 1
    #27119353 - 12/31/20 09:39 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Wut

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Invisiblecannabinated
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Outside Flag
    #27119497 - 01/01/21 12:02 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

many in the UK dwell in apartments

Invisibledeucedbi9
Stranger

Loc: UK
    #27119629 - 01/01/21 03:44 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

cannabinated said:
flat vents need filtering

I would have thought the virus would be 'dessicated'? by the time it travelled through an entire hot air ducting system.

Quote:

koods said:
The U.K. is in a pretty strict lockdown situation.

I believe the spike is centered mainly in the SE, which includes the whole of London.
They were in a lower 'level of lockdown' known as "tier 2". Much of the North of the country, which had seen it's infection rate falling, had been under the much stricter control of "tier 3".

We can blame Boris Johnsons' idiotic plan to allow a 5 day relaxation of the rules over the Christmas period, which of course sparked a feeding frenzy, of often maskless, consumer zombies swarming around shopping malls.

I know a guy whose job it was, we're in full lockdown again now, to go around all the entrances to our local "mall" cleaning the door handles. The "zombies" would argue with the security staff when they were told to put their masks on before entering the building, which of course they did until out of sight, and then only put them back on again when they entered any specific shop. They seem to think the shops are inside whereas the building containing them is outside. You simply cannot fathom the mind of the zombie.

A phrase I have come to loath recenty is 'loved ones'. People want to see these so called "loved ones" so much they are willing to play Russian roulette with their fuking lives. :nonono: How many of these fucking "loved ones" will now, as a result, have one spouse lose the other? Without even the chance to hold their hand to comfort them as they die horrifically because of this government run by a fuking retard.

End rant.

--------------------
whether low pressure sucks or high pressure blows...
it's a bugger to cycle in.

even though I'm feeling good
Something tells me I'd better activate my prayer capsule

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: deucedbi9] * 3
    #27120281 - 01/01/21 12:11 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

There is something seriously wrong with anti-Vaxxers. They are either dumb or evil.

That pharmacist in Wisconsin intentionally spoiled 500 doses, so when the people who got them still got sick he would have proof vaccines don’t work. This guy should go to prison for a long time:

--------------------
NotSheekle said

OfflineIma TrooperS
Chilldog Extraordinaire
Male User Gallery

Loc: United States
Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: koods] * 1
    #27120334 - 01/01/21 12:30 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
There is something seriously wrong with anti-Vaxxers. They are either dumb or evil.

That pharmacist in Wisconsin intentionally spoiled 500 doses, so when the people who got them still got sick he would have proof vaccines don’t work. This guy should go to prison for a long time:

I don't know if it's a sign of the times or just my frustration at the fact that I feel he should just be killed. He did that intentionally in order to sow distrust.

I have definitely gotten a lot quicker to just completely discount people entirely over one thing, such as being anti-mask, anti-vax, trumpsters, etc. I just see someone without a mask and I'm like "nope, fuck them completely, I hope they lose control on a wet road and decorate a tree on their way home."

That's not good, right? I've been radicalized to an extent that I didn't want to be. I know someone who is anti-mask, and I lost a lot of respect for him but we are still friends. I just had to pretend he wasn't anti-mask in order to do it. COVID is a dead topic for us.

--------------------
"Its moving of its own accord...and I like that in a shirt!" - Me, tripping.

deCypher said:
Schizophrenia beats dining alone, you know.

InvisibleCrazy_Horse
I’m Rick James, bitch!
 User Gallery

Loc: Hampsterdam
    #27120408 - 01/01/21 01:19 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I had a flu shot and still got the flu. What's up with that?

--------------------

OfflineIma TrooperS
Chilldog Extraordinaire
Male User Gallery

Loc: United States
Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: Crazy_Horse] * 1
    #27120427 - 01/01/21 01:26 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Crazy_Horse said:

You got the wrong flu

--------------------
"Its moving of its own accord...and I like that in a shirt!" - Me, tripping.

deCypher said:
Schizophrenia beats dining alone, you know.

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: Crazy_Horse] * 1
    #27120466 - 01/01/21 01:58 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Crazy_Horse said:

You got the flu shot and still ended up having one of the only cases of flu in the entire country. It’s literally a one in a million or even ten million chance. Still much better than getting one of those one in a million diseases there’s no cure for because nobody does drug RD on diseases almost nobody gets.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: koods] * 1
    #27120472 - 01/01/21 02:01 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

The chances someone getting covid now is ~500,000x more likely than getting the flu. Crazy horse is a fucking unicorn.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

InvisibleCrazy_Horse
I’m Rick James, bitch!
 User Gallery

Loc: Hampsterdam
    #27120478 - 01/01/21 02:03 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

They make drugs for orphans and there is no cure for the flu.

--------------------

InvisibleZombi3
Bella Ciao!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Bat Country Flag
Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: morrowasted]
    #27120580 - 01/01/21 02:57 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

morrowasted said:
no, technically everyone dies from cerebral hypoxia.

heart attack = blockage in coronary artery -> myocardial ischemia -> necrosis -> reduced cardiac output -> reduced flow of oxygenated blood to brain -> cerebral hypoxia -> brain death

but for example GSW victims still die from cerebral hypoxia without really having a "heart attack": reduced blood volume -> reduced blood pressure -> reduced perfusion to brain -> cerebral hypoxia -> brain death

this is why you start CPR with chest thrusts. pump whatever oxygenated blood is left to the brain before worrying about anything else.

What if I get shot in the heart point blank by a 50 caliber rifle? The half inch bullet travels faster than the speed of sound, I’d be dead before I heard the shot that killed me. I’d have a hole the size of a hockey puck blown in my chest while still having oxygenated blood in my brain. I’d be dead before my brain could register that the heart is destroyed.

Using your logic I would be alive after the gunshot to the chest for as long as it takes for the blood in my brain to lose its oxygen. I’m skeptical of that for some reason...

--------------------
Youve Met With A Terrible Fate, Havent You?

Click here to enter this weeks Ban Lottery!!
In Crust We Trust

Offlineviraldrome
 User Gallery

Loc: Parts Unknown
Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: Zombi3]
    #27120627 - 01/01/21 03:29 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Just found out my dad and his whole old age home and all the caregivers are
getting the vaccine next week. They have all really suffered, they have been locked down for months. It's not like our lockdown where we can go out but nothing is open, he's stuck in his suite and can't have visitors.

--------------------
Lysergamides I have tried so far: 1P-LSD, 1cP-LSD, ALD-52, AL-LAD, LSZ, ETH-LAD, MIPLA, EIPLA, 1cP-AL-LAD

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: Zombi3] * 2
    #27120677 - 01/01/21 04:00 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Zombi3 said:
Quote:

morrowasted said:
no, technically everyone dies from cerebral hypoxia.

heart attack = blockage in coronary artery -> myocardial ischemia -> necrosis -> reduced cardiac output -> reduced flow of oxygenated blood to brain -> cerebral hypoxia -> brain death

but for example GSW victims still die from cerebral hypoxia without really having a "heart attack": reduced blood volume -> reduced blood pressure -> reduced perfusion to brain -> cerebral hypoxia -> brain death

this is why you start CPR with chest thrusts. pump whatever oxygenated blood is left to the brain before worrying about anything else.

What if I get shot in the heart point blank by a 50 caliber rifle? The half inch bullet travels faster than the speed of sound, I’d be dead before I heard the shot that killed me. I’d have a hole the size of a hockey puck blown in my chest while still having oxygenated blood in my brain. I’d be dead before my brain could register that the heart is destroyed.

Using your logic I would be alive after the gunshot to the chest for as long as it takes for the blood in my brain to lose its oxygen. I’m skeptical of that for some reason...

This is an amazing photo and will probably win a Pulitzer. Taken a few hundred millisecond after he fired. You can see the shell in the air leaving the gun. The bullet has already gone through the guys head, but there has been no physical response from the dude at this point. He seems perfectly normal, but he’s already dead

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/10/12/denver-protest-shooting-photos-full-sequence/

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Edited by koods (01/01/21 04:06 PM)

InvisibleZombi3
Bella Ciao!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Bat Country Flag
    #27120711 - 01/01/21 04:17 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Koods, great photo thanks for sharing :awesomenod:

However how do you know this guys been hit with the bullet? It’s just a picture the officer easily could have missed. This picture alone does not support your opinion. *Note* I didn’t read anything from the link you provided yet, maybe therein lies the proof the guy was indeed shot supporting your argument, I dunno I’ll read it through it now..

Also tho: just because there hasn’t been a physical response from the guy does not mean he’s “alive” still. Furthermore you say he’s dead in the picture yet momentarily unresponsive to that fact, yet his brain would be full of perfectly healthy oxygenated blood at the point this picture was taken wasn’t it? He was dead a few milliseconds after the officer fired; far quicker than it would take for the blood to lose its oxygen and cause death to occur as a result of hypoxia.

Essentially blunt force at crazy rapid speed destroyed his CNS or wiped out too many vital synapse points and he died as a result of complete loss of brain function due to destruction of important signaling pathways. Yet none of this has to do with lack of oxygen transport to the brain.

My hypothesis stands.

--------------------
Youve Met With A Terrible Fate, Havent You?

Click here to enter this weeks Ban Lottery!!
In Crust We Trust

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 613 Flag
Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: Zombi3]
    #27120720 - 01/01/21 04:28 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

In your scenario where your heart is destroyed, it really just depends on how exactly you want to define being alive. You could say you are dead in that scenario, but then your brain is still alive and able to process experiences for a bit while you are already "dead".

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: Zombi3] * 1
    #27120741 - 01/01/21 04:42 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Zombi3 said:
Koods, great photo thanks for sharing :awesomenod:

However how do you know this guys been hit with the bullet? It’s just a picture the officer easily could have missed. This picture alone does not support your opinion. *Note* I didn’t read anything from the link you provided yet, maybe therein lies the proof the guy was indeed shot supporting your argument, I dunno I’ll read it through it now..

Also tho: just because there hasn’t been a physical response from the guy does not mean he’s “alive” still. Furthermore you say he’s dead in the picture yet momentarily unresponsive to that fact, yet his brain would be full of perfectly healthy oxygenated blood at the point this picture was taken wasn’t it? He was dead a few milliseconds after the officer fired; far quicker than it would take for the blood to lose its oxygen and cause death to occur as a result of hypoxia.

Essentially blunt force at crazy rapid speed destroyed his CNS or wiped out too many vital synapse points and he died as a result of complete loss of brain function due to destruction of important signaling pathways. Yet none of this has to do with lack of oxygen transport to the brain.

My hypothesis stands.

The guy was shot in the head. That’s what happened. There was only one shot fired. Apparently it went through his eye.

That bullet has traversed his brain, propagating a shock wave that ended his conciousness almost instantaneously.

I mean his heart probably beat for seconds or even minutes. He was likely breathing agonally. But that shock wave took his consciousness offline, and him bleeding out or the lack of breathing control finished him off.

My point is, this guy was already lights out when the photo was taken.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Edited by koods (01/01/21 04:47 PM)

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Loc: House of Mirrors
    #27120780 - 01/01/21 05:09 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Nah, if your brain/brainstem are still intact you will still be alive for a bit. What will happen is you lose consciousnes immediately because you lose all your blood. But that only begins brain death. There are theoretical circumstances under which you could still be revived.

As far as the brain is concerned the only practical difference between unreversed cardiac arrest and having your chest completely blown out is that you lose a lot of blood in addition to not having any pumped to the brain which means you will go unconscious A LOT faster with no chest.

Even when you are decapitated i would guess you can remain conscious in many ways for a few seconds after your head totally detaches. Im not certain but i dont see why not.

Edited by morrowasted (01/01/21 05:26 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | Next > | Last >

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order