Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTacitus
Stranger
 User Gallery

Mycelium on Stems
    #27116574 - 12/30/20 05:33 PM (2 months, 1 day ago)

I see a lot of pictures with mycelium growing up the stem all the way to the bottom of the cap.  Is this normal or indicative to something going wrong in your fruiting?  Once you harvest, do you simply scrape off the mycelium?

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleJim Nemo
Male

Loc: Europe
Re: Mycelium on Stems [Re: Tacitus]
    #27117533 - 12/31/20 06:39 AM (2 months, 22 hours ago)

hi tacitus,

when the mycelium grows all the way to the bottom of the cap, it is most likely a sign for not enough FAE and/or to high humidity. nothing wrong about that, take action to change that or not, it's up the individual.

the removing of the mycelium is a individual thing too.
best way to my mind is directy after harvest just scraping it down directing from the cap to the bottom, it works really well and for me it seems to be the cleanest, most propper way - no mycelium, no coco/verm/whatever, just mushroom-flesh. 

i heard that when you just dry them without removing, the also dried mycelium can also be removed pretty easy between your fingers, but for me it seems inferior to upper told method, i doubt you get them as clean.

individual, bro, individual! as most things in this hobby. :wink:

--------------------
When the acid trip is over, you gotta come back to mother blues...

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started