Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Invisiblebigfootscreepyuncl
Stranger

Loc: Gamehenge
Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: Qlockwork] * 1
    #27111467 - 12/27/20 11:26 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Qlockwork said:
please count me in! i will also be doing Psilcoybe Cubensis, variety True Albino Melmak, Pearly Gates isolate. as im the one who stabilized it over the past couple couple years & just now released it.

here's another PG grow.

I seriously thought you uploaded black and white photos at first lol...those are gorgeous fruits. LOVE the white gills. Let me know if you ever want to get rid of any swabs! Cheers

--------------------

I :heart: 5318008

NOT a virgin!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineQlockwork
Novice
Male User Gallery

Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: cronicr] * 1
    #27111472 - 12/27/20 11:32 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

ive been meaning to make a come back for weeks now. Indulgence finally convinced me & drug me back. not that i was super active before, slowly but surely i'll be posting a lot more on here. this is the perfect thread to start with.

--------------------

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Loc: Van Isle Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: Qlockwork]
    #27111475 - 12/27/20 11:35 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Its also nice to see him here too:lol:

--------------------

It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn

I'm tired do me a favor

OfflineCamera93
We got dicks like Jesus
I'm a teapot

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: cronicr]
    #27111745 - 12/28/20 07:03 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

:bongload:

P. Cubensis
Variety: Oak Ridge bit of background

:prayer:

• I'm late to the party, spore to agar 1/6
  • Germination spotted 1/11/21, looking to start taking T1s tonight

my lazy ass needs to snap some pics and get this better formatted... sorry for the ugly mess atm

Still lazy..

T1's:

taking xfer from top left colony

Fell way behind in this grow along, kinda felt like dropping out at times but still somehow kept going back to the plate for xfers.
I didnt get a pic of the final plate, but dropped agar to gain on 3.7

Edited by Camera93 (03/10/21 05:45 AM)

OfflineSold Out Online
Stranger Danger
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: Camera93]
    #27111773 - 12/28/20 07:40 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Prepared some fresh plates, using rye soak/boil water for the first time. Really happy with how they came out. Now I just need to get my spores on time!

--------------------

Threads that have been useful to me:
Clean Spawn checklist for new growers

OfflineMadscience039
Yodeler
 User Gallery
Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: Sold Out Online] * 1
    #27111803 - 12/28/20 08:07 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

In honor of the pearly gates above, I’ll hop in.

From spore.

Cubensis

Varieties; albino melmak (pearly gates) and Black Cap (tat variant)

January 1

Two swabs, 9 plates.

Agar: standard MEA agar. I ran it a little softer to help with spore germination. It’s worked well for the in the past for germinating stubborn spores, and the Black Caps are definitely stubborn and few and far between. *9 grams agar, ten grams LME, 500ml water.

Inoculating: I know folks like to swipe and stuff. I hate it. It’s inefficient and rarely produces good results for me. What has worked, it taking my scalpel, and cutting a small triangle out of 1/4 of the swab. Then using my tool to gently removed that portion from the swab.  As you pull it away, it begins to shred the fibers, and become a little fibrous ball. I then take that and push it INTO the agar. Leaving half to a third sticking out. Using this in the past, I’ve elongated contam germination, and give my mycelium a head start. Gives me ample time to get CLEAN growth transferred and away from initial inoculation transfer.

Outside of that, just standard stuff so far.

Bonus pics of a nice ghost plate pin, and sneak peak of the rest of the work from yesterday

Day 6

Germination on the Black Cap. Went ahead and transferred from the plate with the most growth, left the other 3 to grow out a bit. I like to take a couple plates and make sure they are secure and clean, in case something bad happens and I lost plates. Maybe a bad agar run or something. Never happens, just a precaution.

Albino melmak does have growth, but also slightly bacterial. Going to let it run out a bit and see. Definitely pull something off them though.

January 15th

Germination occurred on every plate. Ended up taking some early myc off the initial transfers just in case something popped up because swab Took a couple T2 of black cap, and seeing some promising growth on T1 across the board. I’ll probably take them to grain fairly early, as this isn’t even close to stabilized, the black cap.

TAT Black Cap finishing up. Common for the TAT line to have weird first flushes. And this is no exception. Small fruits, but incredibly potent. Or should be. Second flush should give some bigger fruits.

Albino Melmak “pearly gates” is coming in soon.

Alrighty. Black cap is done and finished. Nothing like 90 days from spore to swabbing.

I enjoyed these.

I harvested about 800g wet from 2 quarts of spawn. One quart into sterilized manure and straw bag. The other quart straight into coir in a 12qt.

One went into the fruiting room with gourmets and got cased, the other went on top like regular.

I’ll update more figures in my little journal. But here’s some photos.

Edited by Madscience039 (03/26/21 12:56 PM)

OfflineInthepit
Aum Mani Padme Hum
Male User Gallery

Loc: Puerto Rico
Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: Sold Out Online]
    #27111812 - 12/28/20 08:13 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Sold Out Online said:
Prepared some fresh plates, using rye soak/boil water for the first time. Really happy with how they came out. Now I just need to get my spores on time!

Wow nice and clear...I would cut and paste that to yer journal spot.
But you prolly already know that...  :awedance:

ANd Camera93 way to go with some history for your choice!

Edited by Inthepit (12/28/20 08:16 AM)

Invisibleseldom seen
April Fool
Male User Gallery

Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: Inthepit]
    #27111851 - 12/28/20 08:44 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

I dusted off my gear and and started late Novemberish, but everything below was done since the Solstice, so kinda the start of the year...

-Cubes:  Golden Teacher culture at around the T4 mark, spore to MEA; Another round of GT at T1 from a tissue culture; PE grain to agar from a jar in my fridge(started from spore 2019).  I have Huatla and Pink Buffalo prints next on the list I want to bring back for sentimental and pragmatic reasons.  Will update as the year unfolds.

-Exotics:  Pan bisporus and P tampanensis, both around the T1 mark from germ plates(MEA now grain water agar).  Knocked up a cpl Mac Merdin cakes too bc spores clones and why not hopefully a few fruits.

Edited by seldom seen (12/28/20 08:52 AM)

OfflineSold Out Online
Stranger Danger
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: Inthepit]
    #27111888 - 12/28/20 09:17 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

I know nothing. Thanks for the tip!

--------------------

Threads that have been useful to me:
Clean Spawn checklist for new growers

OfflineOne of Us
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: seldom seen]
    #27111901 - 12/28/20 09:23 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Madscience039 said:

From spore.

Cubensis

Nice!

So there's like 4 of us growing pearly gates?

I was saving my swabs for just this occasion. It was quite the test of patience :lol:

--------------------
LAGM 2021
LAGM 2020
Trade List

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: One of Us]
    #27111916 - 12/28/20 09:31 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Alright im in with TAT and gandalf :super:

--------------------

I'm tired do me a favor

InvisibleJosex
#cheat_code
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #27111983 - 12/28/20 10:10 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

:aliendance:

InvisibleBuddaking
Genetics
Male User Gallery

Loc: No Mans Land
Trusted Cultivator
Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: Josex]
    #27111993 - 12/28/20 10:20 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

:rockon:

I sence some epick PE gonna crack off in a few days

--------------------

AMU Q & A

OfflineMadscience039
Yodeler
 User Gallery
Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: One of Us]
    #27112219 - 12/28/20 12:44 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

cronicr said:

I see you over there lol.

Quote:

One of Us said:
Quote:

Madscience039 said:

From spore.

Cubensis

Nice!

I was saving my swabs for just this occasion. It was quite the test of patience :lol:

Yeah.  Think I’ve seen 4 so far lol. This will be fun. I was going to do it earlier, but I can wait a few days.

InvisibleDoctor Mario
🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄
Male Unread Journal

Loc: 🇺🇸
Trusted Cultivator
Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: Madscience039] * 1
    #27113133 - 12/28/20 09:22 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

DOCTOR MARIO'S LAGM 2021

1/3/2021
I'm really excited for this LAGM log. I wanted to log my last couple grows and never got around to it. I wish I had because most of my photos were lost when a flash drive went corrupt in the middle of a transfer. :smbfacepalm:Any way, for LAGM 2021 I'll be working with Avery's Albino and Yeti, PESA, Rusty Whyte, Whyte Gold and APEU.

I've only previously worked with prints and never used swabs before so this could turn into a big fat fail. Regardless, anyone who's interested gets to witness it. These swabs were sent from D3 who also sent me a Rusty Whyte print that performed excellent.

Tonight, I poured some plates. I used D3monic's Agar Tek. It's the only agar recipe I've used but it's been so good to me that I haven't found a reason to try anything else. I used 8g Light Malt Extract and 9g Agar Powder. I planned on pouring 40 plates but I let the agar cool too much and the plates started getting clumpy towards the end of the run so I stopped at 34. It was a disaster. Agar started to solidify on the mouth of the bottle and I ended up pouring a big streak down an entire stack of plates. Hopefully it didn't hurt anything. I'll wait about 10 days and if I don't see any visible contams, I'll go ahead and swab em.

:kenthumbup:

1-13-2021
The FFU showed up today. Streaked some prints and buried some swabs. Gonna have to update my the varieties I'm using. I planned to only use Avery's and Yeti but after receiving a bunch of prints from the end of the year give away, I got a little spore happy. I steaked and swabbed RW (an excellent print that I received from D3monic a while back. It's the same print that was used for the tubs I'm currently finishing up at the moment.), APEU, Avery's Albino, Whyte Gold, TOC, PESA and Yeti.  Now that I'm working in the flow, I feel more comfortable taking prints so, keep an eye out for a give away once these go to tubs (assuming all goes well).

This thing is a monster. I feel like there's a lot of wasted space that isn't being utilized but I'll eventually begin working with gourmet cultures and maybe some day I'll need all that extra space.

1-15-2021
The RW Plate germinated today. This is the same print that I got from D3 a few months back and the last time I put it on agar, I wanna say it was about 5 days before there was visible germination. It hasn't even been 48 hours and that kind of concerns me except I'm not seeing features of germinating mold. I guess these just really like this agar for whatever reason. all of the swabs that I buried are going bacterial. Definitely gonna be some hot pours in the near future. Oh, and goodbye post 666. You will be missed.

1-17-2021
PESA, RW, TOC, WG, and APEU are all germinating. Still waiting on the Yeti and Avery's to pop. T1's are a go.

1-19-2021
APEU T1

1-21-2021
The Avery's swab plates finally germinated. I think the Yeti swabs germinated too but if so, it's still very early and hard to tell for certain. Should know in a day or two.

TOC, RW and WG just went to T2.

This RW is moving wicked fast. It's been 8 days since I streaked that print 4 days from T1 and here we are:

The more I work with RW the more I love it.

1-25-2021
I'm not satisfied with the growth on the APEU and PESA T1's. I don't like the large halos. They're probably fine but it I just don't like the way it looks.

I'm goin back to the spore plates for a new set of T1's. There's a couple of spots the look healthier and seem to be running a little faster than what's on those T1's.

Went back to the spore plate for PESA and APEU T1's. Avery's and Yeti were ready for T1's as well.

1-26-2021
Went back to the Toc T1 plate to grab these rhizo's. One of the transfers stuck inside the steel straw and I had to fish it out with the knife blade. When I pulled the puck out I noticed that there wasn't any myc on it. It stuck to the edge of the straw. I threw it on the T2 plate anyway. We'll see what it does.

1-27-2021
PC'd some oats today. Most of you are likely already familiar with how to do this but I'm documenting it here anyway for the new guys or anyone that is curious to how I'm doing it. I have a couple of friends who don't cult that are following this log so this will be knowledgeable information for them as well.

I put 3000mL of dry oats in a strainer and gave em a cold rinse to remove any dust or dirt. These are very cheap low quality oats. They cost around 15 dollars for 50lbs. I brought 9000mL of water to a boil, removed it from the stove and poured in the oats and put the lid on the pot. After soaking for 45 minutes, I removed the floaters and cut one of the oats in half. The inside of the oat wasn't cooked all the way through so I let them soak for another 10 minutes.

Here's a picture right after the cold rinse and after the soak.

Nice and hydrated.
:kenthumbup:

Quart jars were filled up to the 600mL line. This will be about 700mL after a PC cycle which leaves just enough room to comfortably shake jars later. 3000mL of dry oats came out to be 8 full jars with a little extra for a control jar.

The jars were PC'd for 80 minutes at 17-18psi. I don't inoculate jars until all the condensation has evaporated. I shake and roll the jars 2-3 times a day until there's no more condensation and deem them noc worthy. This usually only takes a day or two tops.

1-29-2021
There's no more condensation in the oat jars and RW, WG and TOC T2's are ready for grain.

Avery's T1's were ready to go to T2 and the coolest part is that my wife wanted to take the transfers! She doesn't know anything about cult, thinks that mushrooms are disgusting in all aspects and want's nothing to do with it so when she said she wanted to take the transfers I was fuckin mind blown. It was awesome to be able to just talk her through it. I have the FFU to thank for that. If I was still workin in the SAB there would have been no hope for that plate lol.

Check out this tiny transfer. The puck got stuck in the steel straw and when I took the puck out, the myc was stuck to the inside. I scraped it out and put it on a plate anyway.

1-31-2021
Took some more transfers tonight. Yeti and PESA went to T2 and TOC went to T3.

PESA has been a challenge for me. I don't like the really big halo's that it's putting off on the blue agar. The black agar has a higher nute and agar content so maybe it'll do better. I'm under the assumption that the myc is reaching under the agar and that's what's causing the exaggerated halos. We'll see...

PESA Halos

This yeti T1 went to grain tonight because fuck it, why not? Looks clean.

2-2-2021
I haven't seen myc behave this way on grain. The tendrils are really long and thick. I don't like it. Feels moldy, man.... Every one of the plates that I put to grain on 1-29 looks this way.

2-3-2021
Pulled some TOC myc from the spore plate. I haven't seen spore plates throw ropes before.

2-4-2021
These deserve a good shake and roll.

2-7-2021
The Jars that got shook 3 days ago are ready for another shake.

3-16-2021
Cooked up some oats last night. Should be putting these master jars to grain in a few days. They've been fully colonized for over a month and have been sitting in a dresser drawer under some clothes for about 3 weeks. There's a lot of condensation in build up in the jars but they don't look bacterial. I'm sure it's because they've been laying on their side and have been exposed to massive temp swings. The Yeti jar furthest to the right looks suspect for sure. There's a lot more condensation in the jar than what's in the others and the myc looks really thick but that myc looked like that when it was on plates too.

3-20-2021
Finally got all settled in after moving. Set up my new cult room and picked up where I left off. Feels good to be back. RW, WG and Toc just got g2g and APEU and Avery's just hit grain for the first time.

This Yeti jar looks terrible. Look at all that condensation. It'll go to a shoebox in a few days. Not hoping for anything at all but who knows? The Myc looks way too thick to be anything good but then again, all of the yeti plates look the same way. Super thick milky myc.

3-28-2021
Went back to PESA spores because I wasn't satisfied with the way the myc looked. Seemed real thin and wispy. They ought to be ready for transfers in a couple of days.

TOC, RW and WG jars are almost finished and ought to be ready for tubs soon. TOC is lookin good on grain.

PESA went to T1 along with Playa Uvita and, AA+ PMG and Playa Uvita.

4-6-2021
Took some transfers and put Natalensis spores on agar. I'm excited for the opportunity to try to figure these things out.

Thanks Myc.
:myman:

4-11-2021
Jars are ready for tubs. The TOC jars look sus. The grain is fully colonized but its such light wispy growth. I'm sendin em anyway.

I made a total of 26 shoeboxes. There's 10 RW (2 cultures), 7 TOC (2 cultures), 5 WG, 3 APEU (3 cultures) and 1 Avery's. All were spawned at a ratio of 1:3 (spawn to sub) and almost 15 pounds of coir was used.

Put together a little RW novelty mug.

4-18-2021
The 3 TOC boxes are look like they're gonna explode and the Avery's myc is lookin crazy rhizo.

4-21-2021
Yep. TOC boxes went kaboom.

RW bowling pins startin to form. This is still my favorite variety to grow. I never really know what to expect. My WG culture is shit. It's not doing much of anything. APEU is about to hit full colonization and should knot pretty soon.

4-24-2021
Drank some RW tea and harvested these 2 tubs.

Shit was a blast. It took way longer to harvest these than it should have. I kept squeezing the mushrooms and staring at the sub surface. It looked like the surface of some alien planet.

4-24-2021
Chopped down some more TOC and a few RW.

Snagged a few clones from this cluster.

4-27-2021
Cut down another RW tub and my LAGM Mug finished up today.

:rofl:Christmas Wreath:rofl:

4-28-2021
Fucked up a few canopies by bottom watering them too late in a flush. Forgot to open a window and had the dehydrator running. Damn room was 85°F when I got home. The high humidity made the mushrooms sag and ruined any chance at getting spores LMAO. Oh well.

APEU bein half way cool  :crazy2:

4-29-2021
Cut some more down today. A few more tomorrow and that should be the end until 2nd flush.

Avery's lookin cute

Edited by Doctor Mario (10/22/21 03:54 PM)

OfflineGypsyBastard
Misanthrope
 User Gallery

Loc: The Mighty Boosh
Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: Doctor Mario]
    #27113226 - 12/28/20 10:50 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Should be all updated :highfive: Welcome everyone!!!

As far as time zone....... I think it was a sort of rolling start in the past so just go by your local time???? I'm open to better suggestions.

Camera, I've some of your work and know you do good work. Glad you're here and can't wait to see it.

OfflineLeon ForestFacebookDiscord
Male

Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: Madscience039]
    #27113234 - 12/28/20 10:53 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Madscience039 said:
Quote:

cronicr said:

I see you over there lol.

Quote:

One of Us said:
Quote:

Madscience039 said:

From spore.

Cubensis

Nice!

Yeah.  Think I’ve seen 4 so far lol. This will be fun. I was going to do it earlier, but I can wait a few days.

I used 3 swabs and got mycelium already but I'm gonna start again with spores using the last swab for this grow along. Wish I had the hindsight and I'd have saved the 2 pack for this.

Edited by Leon Forest (12/28/20 10:55 PM)

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: GypsyBastard]
    #27113237 - 12/28/20 10:55 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

GypsyBastard said:

As far as time zone....... I think it was a sort of rolling start in the past so just go by your local time???? I'm open to better suggestions.

Camera, I've some of your work and know you do good work. Glad you're here and can't wait to see it.

Yes start on youre own new years

--------------------

I'm tired do me a favor

OfflineLeon ForestFacebookDiscord
Male

#27113238 - 12/28/20 10:56 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

cronicr said:
Quote:

GypsyBastard said:

Yes start on youre own new years

:rockon:

OfflineInthepit
Aum Mani Padme Hum
Male User Gallery

Loc: Puerto Rico
Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: Leon Forest]
    #27113454 - 12/29/20 04:00 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

I picture the start of LAGM with great fanfair, bands playing, kids running around.
Then the clock strikes twelve and spores are sent to agar!

Then like a race with turtles, nothing...the silence of the SPORES!        :laugh2:

:dogyawn:

I count 64 signups this morning.

--------------------
:sporedrop: GLOSSARY  :sporedrop: ACROMYMS!   :sporedrop: GETTING STARTED :sporedrop:

Edited by Inthepit (12/29/20 04:07 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder