Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinezero2infinite
Stranger
What to do If you have developed a tolerance to magic truffles?
    #27110834 - 12/27/20 05:05 PM (2 months, 6 days ago)

If you have developed a tolerance to Psilocybin (especially high tolerance) can this be fixed by you simply stop taking them for a while and give yourself a long break?

If yes, how long would that be for? Because I tried to give myself a break for 4 weeks but looks like it doesn't work for that long!

I hear people saying that is the same period as you would normally take a break to avoid developing a tolerance at the first place but I don't think that is right and you probably have to take longer break for this but I don't know this myself anyway. Is it ever going to get back to normal (even as like your first time)

Edited by zero2infinite (01/11/21 05:36 PM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

Loc: Borderlands Flag
Re: If you have developed a tolerance to magic truffles, is it ever going to get back to normal as your first time? [Re: zero2infinite]
    #27111046 - 12/27/20 07:26 PM (2 months, 6 days ago)

it only takes a week or two. psilocybin breaks down fast. Some would argue it only takes a few days.

Offlinezero2infinite
Stranger
Re: If you have developed a tolerance to magic truffles, is it ever going to get back to normal as your first time? [Re: LtLurker]
    #27128117 - 01/05/21 02:19 PM (1 month, 28 days ago)

no but I want to know what about when you develop a tolerance to them?

I once waited about 4 weeks but it didn't worked and I want to know is it ever going to get back to normal? and how long do you have to take a break for that?

OfflineFungi Rogers
New Guy

Re: If you have developed a tolerance to magic truffles, is it ever going to get back to normal as your first time? [Re: zero2infinite]
    #27128191 - 01/05/21 02:48 PM (1 month, 28 days ago)

Tolerances should reset after 2 weeks maybe sooner. maybe the problem isn’t the tolerance but the truffles?

OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

Re: If you have developed a tolerance to magic truffles, is it ever going to get back to normal as your first time? [Re: Fungi Rogers]
    #27128350 - 01/05/21 03:53 PM (1 month, 28 days ago)

yea maybe you trimmed down the dose or something? After i eat regularly for a while i notice a tolerance, but just a week or 2 sets me back to where I started.

Offlinezero2infinite
Stranger
Re: If you have developed a tolerance to magic truffles, is it ever going to get back to normal as your first time? [Re: LtLurker]
    #27134687 - 01/08/21 10:12 AM (1 month, 25 days ago)

So you mean even if you have developed a tolerance, and if you only just wait for 2 weeks your tolerance will come back to normal?

But I don't think so, otherwise nobody can develop a tolerance to them, they just have to wait for 2 weeks for everything to get back to normal?! If so how come some people say that they have such a high tolerance to magic mushrooms?

Also I have even waited for about four weeks once before for it but the effects was still less than what I would have expected. Are you sure about this? I think that 2 weeks period of time is only applies to when you want to avoid developing a tolerance?

Again, are you sure about this? I think you have to wait for longer if that happens/

OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

#27134833 - 01/08/21 11:59 AM (1 month, 25 days ago)

well i think it's because there's a few things happening. For one the drug affects people differently, It might take one person a handful to trip and another just a few pebbles.
I also think you get used to the effects and learn to function. Your first trip might feel over whelming and you can do nothing but sit and laugh; but the more you do it, the more you learn to function under the effects and not be stunned by them.

Tolerance that you gain and lose through use is more about how much you eat to feel something based on how much is lingering in your system. Eating everyday will mean you have to keep increasing dose to get any effects. But a few weeks off will drain the drug from your system, so it removes any lingering tolerance in that sense.

There can be other factors at play as well. Drug interations, a bunk crop, set & setting, etc.

OfflineHikeadellic
Visionary
Male

Loc: Appalachian Trail
    #27136496 - 01/09/21 12:06 AM (1 month, 25 days ago)

If you really like the first time experience, I'd recommend waiting until you've completely forgotten what it feels like, I've known people who were experienced trippers in their 20-30s and stopped for 18 years before tripping again

Your body chemistry resets after around 2 weeks but sometimes you still remember the feeling.

If you are comfortable with it, up the dose

I'd rather go very heavy a few times a year then once every few weeks at a light dose

Offlinezero2infinite
Stranger
Re: If you have developed a tolerance to magic truffles, is it ever going to get back to normal as your first time? [Re: Hikeadellic]
    #27144066 - 01/12/21 05:06 PM (1 month, 21 days ago)

Sorry but I still don't really got my answer! Yes I know that when you eat them you will develop tolerance but if you wait for about two weeks then it gets back to normal.

However I'm talking about what if you have taken them few or many times close to each other? is it still going to be the same? which mean you only need to wait for 2,3 or 4 week in order your tolerance get back to the baseline?

OfflineHikeadellic
Visionary
Male

#27144148 - 01/12/21 06:14 PM (1 month, 21 days ago)

I'm not really sure but I would still say wait around 2-4 weeks between trips

Offlinezero2infinite
Stranger
Re: If you have developed a tolerance to magic truffles, is it ever going to get back to normal as your first time? [Re: Hikeadellic]
    #27157064 - 01/19/21 11:15 AM (1 month, 14 days ago)

ok I'm not sure myself, because it is very strange for me as well and this is  exactly what my buddy said to me and I'm just telling you his story (sorry his English is not very well! lol. "He can remember when he had trip with 2g of it after he had trip with 1g, 4 days later before it and he didn't know that it is better to at least wait for 1 week before your next trip but that was only with 1g.

He also said to me,

"but what shocked me or the funniest things is that the 2g and 2.5 at least in terms of intensity were good and I couldn't say that they were somehow less intense in anyway, except I didn't see any visuals with them and I haven't seen any visuals even with higher doses such as 5g anyway :smile: but I still thought maybe I take the 2g 3.5 days later the effects were less this is why I haven't seen any visuals (but i doubt it and still do as both of them were pretty intense for other effect of mushrooms)

I even had trip with 3g of it three and half or four weeks later but still couldn't tell any reduction in terms of potency or effects but still no visuals! even due I thought maybe I have developed some tolerance.

but the strange things actually start from my next trip with 4g of it that I felt the effects were somehow has been reduced at least this is how I thought in terms of maybe things wasn't even bending or bendy as like even when I took only the 2g of it. What happed was that during that trip not only I couldn't tell any difference from that 3g dose but for instance as I said before my computer screen didn't bend as how it used to bend with 3,2.5 and even 2g. I also thought maybe the things just simply don't bend in same way as it does in the past and I also can't remember whether my computer screen even bend in different ways or not unfortunately, sorry :smile:.

So I just want to know is it true that some people simply just don't see any visuals on mushrooms, because even when I'm pretty sure that I haven't developed any tolerance or that my mushrooms haven't lost any of their potency I still couldn't see any visuals and maybe that's why I can not tell difference any more anything above 2.5g (or at least something has happened to me or my mushrooms that they effects are less)

I'm not even sure weather its just me thinking that the effect wasn't getting much intense on higher doses or not, because first of all I don't see any visuals with them, but the other things that make me even wonder more is that are the things going to get more bendier or stretch more (getting bigger or smaller) maybe is just visuals that gets more intense and this is why I can't tell difference anymore!

OfflineHikeadellic
Visionary
Male

#27157152 - 01/19/21 12:16 PM (1 month, 14 days ago)

When growing from spores, potency is pretty random

Set and setting are important

Tripping is fucking cool, it can be different from trip to trip

Offlinezero2infinite
Stranger
    #27158658 - 01/20/21 04:07 AM (1 month, 14 days ago)

sorry but I heard from someone that some people don't see visuals, is that right or that person just think like this himself?

Sorry but with 4g he did not see his computer screen bend as well as his mobile phone, as how it used to be like, is this normal?

Also things I don't think it stretch more or got any bigger or smaller than when he had trip with 2.5 and 3g of it?

Why he doesn't see any visuals?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started