Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMorphinTime
Tulpa
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Angel Grove
So what is your take on the online dating world?
    #27107988 - 12/25/20 10:07 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

I don't have much experience with it.  I made an OKCupid account years ago, and ended up briefly dating someone but we wound up as great friends who talked pretty much every night on the phone for hours for a long time.  I haven't tried online dating since, but I'm curious because I work all the time and stay busy. I don't really like bars, never have.  What is the online dating scene like these days?  I take almost no pics of myself and hate having people force me into pics.  I don't do social media unless you count The Shroomery.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineyeah
Male User Gallery

Re: So what is your take on the online dating world? [Re: MorphinTime] * 1
    #27108110 - 12/26/20 12:19 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

it's never worked very well at all for me. Never really met anyone cool or into me.
Women just have too many options on that shit and they all want the same few guys.

--------------------

OfflineMorphinTime
Tulpa
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: So what is your take on the online dating world? [Re: yeah]
    #27108225 - 12/26/20 04:02 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

What services did you use?

--------------------

OfflineOvoidhunter
Buttery Crescent
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: So what is your take on the online dating world? [Re: MorphinTime]
    #27108228 - 12/26/20 04:06 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I'm to ugly. Haven't met anyone who really wants me. I'm sure they are all trying to match with the same few guys tho. I used tinder.

Offlinedrinkkykeon
Stranger

Re: So what is your take on the online dating world? [Re: Ovoidhunter]
    #27108231 - 12/26/20 04:14 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

It's unavoidable with the society we live in unless you have tons of free time and capital.

Meet as soon as possible, pay attention to body language and things you can't pick up on from an online chat or profile.

Good people find each other, bad people get found out, start the important questions early.

OfflineOvoidhunter
Buttery Crescent

Re: So what is your take on the online dating world? [Re: drinkkykeon]
    #27108237 - 12/26/20 04:22 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

There's this one girl I'm thinking about talking to. I don't want to come off as to eager but I want her to know what my intentions are. I guess you don't know unless you try but it's been months I've been thinking about messaging her. You think I should? We like each other's pics an stuff and I think she used to have a crush on me.. the anxiety I get is unreal tho.

OfflineOvoidhunter
Buttery Crescent

#27108239 - 12/26/20 04:31 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I need urbles or paw paw to chime in on dis one.

OfflinetheRealrollforever
I DID-DENT
 User Gallery

Loc: Bada-Bing!
    #27108247 - 12/26/20 04:41 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Worst case scenario she doesn't like you.  Talk 2 her

--------------------

sunshine said:
The order has to be secret and no one is sure.

Edited by theRealrollforever (12/26/20 04:42 AM)

OfflineOvoidhunter
Buttery Crescent

Re: So what is your take on the online dating world? [Re: theRealrollforever]
    #27108251 - 12/26/20 04:47 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I'll message her tomorrow an just be like what up or something.. it'll be the first time we talked in years. If I get rejected it's okay cause I know the feeling.

I DID-DENT
 User Gallery

Re: So what is your take on the online dating world? [Re: Ovoidhunter] * 1
    #27108257 - 12/26/20 05:08 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Badda bing buddy

--------------------

sunshine said:

OfflineMorphinTime
Tulpa
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #27108261 - 12/26/20 05:19 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I'm pretty sure I'm not hideous or anything, I've had decent luck with regular dating in the past but I'm really just too busy at this time.  Since I don't participate in social media stuff and don't take pictures of myself or have my friends take pics of me when I think I'm doing something awesome (fucking weirdos lol), I feel like I may be wasting my time with online dating.  With regular dating, I have been praised for not having much online presence but always get told I'm weird for not wanting my shit super public eventually :shrug: I've posted more pics in the pics of pubbers threads of myself than I ever posted when i used facebook for real.

I honestly feel like since peeps can't just look me up on facebook or whatever they don't trust me or at least doubt me.  I kind of feel the same about peeps who intentionally cultivate some sort of non-anonymous online presence though. It seems so weird sometimes, social media leads to really fake personas and I just don't understand why people like it. I would like to meet people for real, but I think I'm approaching the online dating world with disadvantages

--------------------

Invisibleunam sanctum
 User Gallery

#27108265 - 12/26/20 05:29 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Go join a club you're interested in or volunteer at your local animal shelter, food pantry or something like that.  You'll probably meet some good-hearted gals/dudes that are more than skin deep.

OfflineMorphinTime
Tulpa
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: So what is your take on the online dating world? [Re: unam sanctum]
    #27108273 - 12/26/20 05:44 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

It's normal for me to wake up at 5 am, go to work one job, leave job and go straight to next job, and get home around midnight.  I don't like it but it has to be this way for a while.  I work weekends too, just not quite as long so I try and catch up on sleep but my hours are always changing on the weekends.  Idk if I can make club meetings while I'm on this schedule, but I like the idea.  I like reading philosophy and sci-fi, but lately I just try to sleep when I'm off. I barely read at this time, though I got some books I really want to get into.  But I also want to meet people.  I'm bi but I mostly feel connected with women.

--------------------

Invisibleunam sanctum
 User Gallery

#27108289 - 12/26/20 06:14 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah if you don't have time then those are out the window I guess.  I'm the same way about pictures, and I also don't have social media besides here so that makes it considerably more difficult to use tinder or whatever.  Maybe some of the other ones are better/less shallow, idk. I've had success on tinder a few times but it's never that fulfilling of an experience for me, just one night stands where masturbation would have honestly been just as good lol.  I wish you luck in your pursuits though, let us know how it goes!

OfflineMorphinTime
Tulpa
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: So what is your take on the online dating world? [Re: unam sanctum]
    #27108299 - 12/26/20 06:27 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks dude, wish you luck as well.  I might try tinder, we'll see.  I really prefer intimacy overall, but I'm not opposed to one night stands as long as cuddling is allowed

--------------------

InvisiblefeeversM
Male

Loc: Flag
    #27108303 - 12/26/20 06:35 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

When I lived in a small mountain town I had a lot of success with OkCupid, but I was one of the few guys in the area on there. There were maybe 10 girls within an hour and a half. I think I ended up meeting up with half of them. I think being from the city helped me stick out since they were probably used to all the same guys. Those were some of the weirdest experiences of my life though.

One thing that worked when I was living in the city was to find some event that still had tickets left for that weekend and message girls with a brief comment on their profile and then saying I had some spare tickets to ________ if they wanted to meet up there. I had decent success that way. With the pandemic it'd obviously be harder but there are still things to do outside and around people that might get them feeling comfortable and excited to meet up.

The quicker you can meet up the better. A lot of girls are on there just for the conpliments and attention and have no intention of a relationship or ever meeting up. Any girl you talk to is likely getting dozens of other messages from better looking guys. It sucks but the only option really is to message any girl with a profile that you are even slightly intrigued by, and get the conversation offline and/or interesting quickly.

I DID-DENT
 User Gallery

Re: So what is your take on the online dating world? [Re: feevers]
    #27108325 - 12/26/20 07:05 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I've had pretty good success with it.  I think most of the real connections I've had tho I found irl
Actually now that I'm thinking about it I did make a couple friends that seem pretty long term.  We didn't work out but they are great to have as friends because they can give you a female perspective on things which will hel in future endeavors.  Having female friends make you seem less "threatening" I think too.  Someone feel free to tell me I'm wrong just my :twocents:

--------------------

sunshine said:

Edited by theRealrollforever (12/26/20 07:06 AM)

OfflineMorphinTime
Tulpa
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: So what is your take on the online dating world? [Re: theRealrollforever]
    #27108773 - 12/26/20 11:21 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Does that mean you showcase your female friends somehow or you just have social media so your friends on there are publicly viewable?  I have plenty of female friends but I don't see how that helps with online dating except for Facebook or something. If anything, having female friends does allow the possibility they can set you up with their female friends, but that tends to not be so great. The friends I get set up with are a bit on the crazy side.

--------------------

Offlineyeah
Male User Gallery

#27108961 - 12/26/20 01:19 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

MorphinTime said:
What services did you use?

Tinder and OKCupid

still on Tinder and I hardly ever match with healthy weight women
if I do then they flake out after one or two messages

--------------------

I DID-DENT
 User Gallery

#27109048 - 12/26/20 02:06 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

MorphinTime said:
Does that mean you showcase your female friends somehow or you just have social media so your friends on there are publicly viewable?  I have plenty of female friends but I don't see how that helps with online dating except for Facebook or something. If anything, having female friends does allow the possibility they can set you up with their female friends, but that tends to not be so great. The friends I get set up with are a bit on the crazy side.

I mean actually being friends with them; it's crazy I know.  I don't have them on social media.  Just anecdotes and stories of interactions with them.  It makes any chick who is interested start going crazy when she hears you are cool with some females.  She doesn't know if you guys "hook up" or not and won't be asking till you're already in the clear :yesnod:

--------------------

sunshine said:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order