Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Male User Gallery

Cultured Growing? *DELETED*
    #2710474 - 05/21/04 11:41 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by PoC

Reason for deletion: c

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Loc: #108768 in line...
Re: Cultured Growing? [Re: PoC]
    #2711452 - 05/21/04 03:52 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

PatternOfChaos said:
If so, why couldn't people take cultures from every shroom grow and spread it to multiple jars?

They do (something like that anyway).

Try a trip to the bookstore, or the shroomery FAQ. All the info you have is there. A simple search on Google - "mushroom agar culture" would have answered your questions rather than have one of us explain the whole process to you. I don't mean to sound rude but your question is wide in range, and ill researched. Advantages are cloning a good specimen from multi-spore germinations, collecting a strain from the wild, and breeding programs. Then the culture is propagated further, transferred to jars (usually of grain), and the growing process is continued from there.

It is much easier to start with the basics rather than jump right in to agar culture. But if one person can do it, so can another (usually).
Good Luck!  :thumbup:

To give is to live...

Male User Gallery

Re: Cultured Growing? [Re: ATWAR]
    #2711876 - 05/21/04 05:30 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Well I've gone through a ton of reading material on the shroomery and have made several attempts to figure out what this agar thing is all about in the agar section of the FAQ, but all I've found in the documents are how to make agar cultures and such, not their function or how they work. I can't just go making cultures and not knowing anything about it.

Not to sound rude, but so many people on this forum post "read the FAQ" and waste a lot of time instead of just answering a question. Obviously I have a reason for making a whole thread about this, and as I've said, I've been reading on these forums for quite a while now, so it's not like I haven't taken the time to understand everything I could. Thanks for the information, though.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation