Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisible4HO-DMT
 User Gallery

Loc: County Line Road
Senate approves marijuana research bill similar to House measure
    #27104038 - 12/23/20 01:43 PM (25 days, 12 hours ago)

Article

Quote:

A bipartisan bill in the U.S. Senate to expand marijuana and CBD research was approved by the upper chamber on a unanimous voice vote, less than a week after the House of Representatives passed its own MJ research legislation.

The question now becomes whether the two chambers can reconcile the pair of bills and approve a final version before the current congressional session ends Jan. 3.
The main difference between the two measures, according to Marijuana Moment, is the House version would allow more participation by private businesses while the one passed Tuesday by the Senate would still rely solely on cannabis produced at the University of Mississippi.

To date, that institution is still the only federal contractor allowed to provide cannabis for research purposes.

“Researching marijuana is widely supported by my colleagues on both sides of the aisle, and it’s a smart step forward in addressing this current Schedule 1 drug,” Iowa’s Chuck Grassley, a Republican sponsor of the Senate bill, noted in a statement.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineCamwritesgonzo
The Unflushable Stool
Male User Gallery

Loc: On Uranus Flag
Re: Senate approves marijuana research bill similar to House measure [Re: 4HO-DMT]
    #27104261 - 12/23/20 03:44 PM (25 days, 10 hours ago)

I hope in the "cannabis" part of the bill they include the tetrahydrocannabinol components. Delta-1-THC is a bronchodilator, imagine the other properties being overlooked by just focusing on CBD.

--------------------
"I've always maintained that reality is for those who can't face drugs."-Tom Waits
"I feel the same way about disco as I feel about herpes."-Hunter S. Thompson
A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous, got me?

Invisiblecannabinated
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Outside Flag
Re: Senate approves marijuana research bill similar to House measure [Re: Camwritesgonzo]
    #27105090 - 12/24/20 02:55 AM (24 days, 23 hours ago)

both of those options seem like the nail in the coffin for weed

between insane pricing at medical dispensaries, who sell recreational and non medicinal pot

and disgusting west coast weed

the only thing worse are federally mandated monopolies

OfflineQuirkmeister92
Street Doctor

Loc: Grateful Dead USA
Re: Senate approves marijuana research bill similar to House measure [Re: cannabinated]
    #27106724 - 12/25/20 02:02 AM (24 days, 17 minutes ago)

I think it is possible that it may be time to begin thinking about considering research of marijuana... well get somewhere sometime...:rofl:

--------------------
Come over to the oat side...

Invisiblecannabinated

Re: Senate approves marijuana research bill similar to House measure [Re: Quirkmeister92]
    #27106731 - 12/25/20 02:06 AM (24 days, 13 minutes ago)

other countries are already decades ahead of us with weed research

OfflineQuirkmeister92
Street Doctor

Re: Senate approves marijuana research bill similar to House measure [Re: cannabinated]
    #27106752 - 12/25/20 02:19 AM (24 days, 1 minute ago)

Sure, and we can just stand on their work to catch up, but you are correct if you're implicating the disparity is abhorrent.

--------------------

Invisiblecannabinated

Re: Senate approves marijuana research bill similar to House measure [Re: Quirkmeister92]
    #27106778 - 12/25/20 03:02 AM (23 days, 23 hours ago)

The FDA is already too entrenched in corruption to let weed destroy their whole industry

OfflineQuirkmeister92
Street Doctor

#27106784 - 12/25/20 03:09 AM (23 days, 23 hours ago)

:lol: you're gonna talk about the FDA? They don't give a fuck, what are you on about.

--------------------

Invisiblecannabinated

#27107046 - 12/25/20 10:05 AM (23 days, 16 hours ago)

im saying whatever regulatory framework they make is going to price good weed out from people who need it to protect pharma profits, or keep the market stagnating to kill off independent growers, and let monsanto take it

Offlinewalterfegis
FUNGINOOB

Loc: midwest
    #27108061 - 12/26/20 01:22 AM (23 days, 58 minutes ago)

The Ruling class believe that giving people some weed will make them more culpable and let them keep fleecing America.. sad but true.. Little do they know that Shrooms and a little smoke makes people more aware of what's going on.

OfflineSynKyd
ctrl-alt-delite
Male User Gallery

Loc: ૐ
    #27108494 - 12/26/20 11:23 AM (22 days, 14 hours ago)

Quote:

cannabinated said:
im saying whatever regulatory framework they make is going to price good weed out from people who need it to protect pharma profits, or keep the market stagnating to kill off independent growers, and let monsanto take it

As states legalize sales and decriminalize small grows it all will work out. Seeds are easy to get.

--------------------

New inclusive poop emojis from Apple!

:shpongle::shpongle::shpongle::shpongle::shpongle:

OfflineQuirkmeister92
Street Doctor

Re: Senate approves marijuana research bill similar to House measure [Re: SynKyd]
    #27108527 - 12/26/20 11:34 AM (22 days, 14 hours ago)

Once it's legal to possess it will be legal to grow for the most part. It would be impossible to effectively stifle homegrowers as the product wouldn't be sufficient evidence of a grow. Who and how wpuld they control it when it's not even an issue currently during prohibition. Seeds are ~$10ea and openly available online meanwhile all the equipment you need is sold at every hardware store in the country.

The big corps and the artisanal independent growers are competing in slightly different circles. I buy different quality alcohol products for different reasons just as it is with cannabis products.

Considering the DEA is accepting applications for research cultivation permits I would say this is all coming to a culmination. Once there is good research on the books the law is required to change. Fuck ol Miss.

--------------------

Edited by Quirkmeister92 (12/26/20 11:38 AM)

Invisiblecannabinated

#27108688 - 12/26/20 12:47 PM (22 days, 13 hours ago)

Seeds are not easy to get at all, its the biggest hassle...

its easy to make seeds and thats why none of the weed has medicinal properties anymore

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service