Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedrake117
Student
Correlation of mycelium bruising to potency of fruiting bodies.
    #27103385 - 12/23/20 03:24 AM (2 months, 13 days ago)

Currently growing cubensis in an all-in-one bag. About a week ago I pushed down a clump of colonized substrate into the rest of the block and noticed that it bruised pretty rapidly. At this point it was just starting to form hyphal knots but no primordia in sight. I was under the impression that mycelium did not produce the compounds that induced the bruising reaction till the mushrooms were forming.

Today I saw my first pins and have recently noticed that the mycelium will bruise from normal handling of the bag and even fanning if I’m not careful. The bruising heals up in two days or so and isn’t a huge concern for me. However, what I’m curious about is if any of you more experienced growers have found any correlation between how readily a substrate presents a blueing reaction and the tryptamine content of the end product.

Now I know that mycelium has at least double the amount of genes as fruiting bodies since it has more biological functions than producing spores (e.g. breaking down nutrients & fighting off competition) but am not sure if alkaloid production is shared between the two parts of the fungus or if they are independent. I would obviously enjoy any official research into the topic, but I’m not doing a dissertation here and want anecdotal accounts if anyone has them!

Thanks!

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started