Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Boomr Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
InvisibleAmbrose

Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: RoscoeReturns] * 1
    #27106550 - 12/24/20 09:21 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

EDIT: Source for the spores proved themselves to be unreliable/mistaken. Turns out what I grew is probably not chicon nindo. Apologies for misleading. Unsure of what it is, some stone producer, probably tampanensis

Count me in please!
Planning to grow some P. Mexicana Jalisco and Chicon Nindo, that is if they ever get out of USPS "in transit, arriving late" purgatory. :angrykidface:

1/5/20:
Prints finally arrived! Might have been duped by the seller but we shall see :shrug:

1/7/21
So 2 days later and 3 out of 4 plates have sporulating mold and bacteria where I streaked.
Very much a noob, always been lucky and had clean prints.
On these 3 plates there does not appear to be any desired germination, for me 3 days was the fastest I usually got usable growth with stone producers.

The 1 remaining plate without any obvious mold or bacteria so far(which is Chicon Nindo,) has some very faint growth which I am optimistic is in fact the right stuff(in previous grows I have seen very faint growth at 2 days but who knows this could be more mold.)

Here is a mold plate:

Bad photo but the white shit is starting to turn green.

I decided to swipe 2 more plates with Chicon and Jalisco to see what happens. As a backup in case I fail I also swiped one of my own Galindoi prints to ensure I have something to grow.

1/9/21:
So the one plate of Chicon not yet overridden with mold has growth that looks like it might be the right stuff. I always have trouble identifying mycelium on early plates.

Going to transfer and see how it grows out.

Unfortunately the only Jalisco plate with potential desired growth alsl has a bunch of mold that had a head start. Not even sure if the little bit I see germinating is Jalisco or just more mold.

1/14/21:
Slowly making progress baby!
Photos kinda shitty my b
Chicon T1's moving along alright:

Going to let it grow out and if it looks good might go to grain.

Here's a look at the seccond attempt Jalisco germination plate:

Mostly clean growth!! :awedance:
Athlough right at the edge of the plate at 10oclock there's a hoe ass white mold starting to creep so better transfer before it takes over.

1/18/21:

I thought the above two Chicon T1 plates looked good enough so decided to send them to grain yesterday. I took a transfer from both in case it doesn't work out.
Here's a jar one day later:

I fucked up the prep, first time using WBS, think I made it too wet. On top of that the jars I've never used before, they're pasta sauce jars. The lids seemed decent though so hopefully no problems(so far actually better at least ergonomically than regular 2 piece mason jar lids.)

The two Jalisco T1's are moving along(albiet slowly):

The first one if it continues to look good I'll send to grain, the second isn't uniform so I'm gonna take another transfer before then.

1/23/21:
Decided to put this Jalisco T1 to grain cuz it looked purty

In the past I've always been an agar nut who would go overboard with 20 transfers before having the balls to go to grain. So T1 to grain is fairly new territory to me. My hope is to keep as much genetic diversity as possible :shrug:

1/26/21:
Here's the Jalisco 3 days later. Once it leaps off a little more it's also getting a good shaking:

1/30/21:
Chicon looks to be just about fully colonized at day 13:

Hope to spawn it this weekend to straight coir 1:1
:justcantwait:
First time using WBS, really liking it over oats so far. Cant seem to get oat prep right

2/1/21:
Spawned 2 trays of chicon 1 jar each with coir 1:1

Fingers crossed they colonize fine

Jalisco jar 9 days in hopefully not too far behind:

If it colonizes well I may g2g a couple more jars

2/6/21:
I got bored and decided to case the chicon and place into fruiting. Trays looked mostly colonized.
Put a sprinkling of sand and a layer of peat as thin as I could make it. Pictures are shite but there's not much to see.
Before casing:

Sand because fuck it I had some on hand:

Peat:

One tray in a greenhouse the other in JCM's pan chamber. I have a feeling the one in JCM's chamber is going to do better as I'm pretty shite at dialing in the gh.

The Jalisco jar is getting there:

2/11/21:

OH SHIT!
:ohboyohboyohboy:
Spotted a couple pins on the Chicon tray in JCM's pan chamber.

I love this fruiting chamber, keeps shit so wet. First time using it but it seems perfect for Mexicana and Tamps. No dialing in no nothing. Just set the bitch up and she does it all.

Meanwhile the tray in the poorly dialed green house aint doin shit, my fault though for being a tard.

2/12/21:
Lil babies in the chicon tray chugging along:

Ugh, as I was taking a photo I dropped the light I was using directly on the tray and squashed part of it :facepalm:

The tray in the greenhouse has no pins which is typical, as I always have trouble initiating pinsets in there. Once these pins have grown a little more I'll swap the trays to help get it going.

2/13/21:
Swapped the pinning tray into the greenhouse and the nonpinning tray into JCM's pan chamber to try and get her going. Hopefully these pins mature alright in the gh:

Meanwhile I think the Jalisco jar is a goner. 21 days old she seems to be stalled.
Time to go back to agar and try again.

2/16/21:

2/19/21:
Log update:

First chicon tray is doing well. Some fruits starting to sporulate and I will begin to harvest sometime this weekend probably. I borrowed a better camera to take some photos, I don't know shit about taking photos but they're better than what I do with a phone.

Meanwhile :uhoh:

The second chicon tray initially kept in the greenhouse aint doin so hot.
Hopefully jcm's pan chamber is able to get it pinning better. :lol:

2/24/21:
:angrykidface: bruh.
Second tray of chicon coming in weird af.
idk if the difference can be attributed to MS or conditions or wtf...

Bottom line is, mofos do not look healthy.
Just dat noob life I guess.

I increased the light and FAE to see if that will get the fuckers to stop growing wacked out:

:whattefuck2:
At least they fruited I suppose :shrug:

2/27/21:

More pics on the ugly duck second chicon tray.
Increasing the light and FAE seems like it might be helping some of the younger fruit to grow more normally.

3/1/21:
Final update on the last tray of chicon:

5/30/21:
The source for the spores proved to be unreliable and what I grew is probably not chicon nindo. Seems as though both prints were the same variety, appearing to be perhaps tampanensis. I did not log the progress of the following tray but it was the fake jalisco print:

Edited by Ambrose (05/31/21 02:15 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFungusFreedom
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: Ambrose]
    #27106632 - 12/24/20 10:27 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

I'm in.

Colombian rust spore
And
Pan cyan peace river

1-1-21
And they're off.

I decided since I was starting things I would just do a few more, I may have overdone it. It's going to be a lot of work down the road.

1-7-2021
So the Peace River has started to take off and the Rust Spore looks like there might just barely be a little growth getting going.

A couple of the other things I started along with my original entries were a little bit ahead so I took transfers and put them on some freshly poured plates. One is a Pan Cyanescen :Purple Haustralia Venom and the other is Albino A+
  The old plates I'm transferring from were a super nutritious recipe I mixed up to try and get some temperamental pan spores to germinate.  The new plates look a lot nicer.

1-12-2021 Update:
The Colombian Rust Spore finally started showing some growth, but most of it was mold or something. There was a small patch in the top right that looked somewhat promising so I took a couple transfers from it.

The Peace River was also ready to take transfers from, which I did.

The the AA+ and Purple Haustralia that I took transfers from on the 7th were looking good and were ready for a second transfer too.

1/20 update:
The Colombian Rust Spore and the Peace River were both ready for a transfer and I put the CRS to grain because it looked pretty clean.

The Purple Haustralia and the Albino A+ were also ready for a 3rd transfer and I threw them on some grain as well. I used a 3:1 millett to rye mix for the pans and straight rye for the cubes. Soaked both for 24 hrs with a few tbsp of gypsum and then boiled for 15 min before drying and PCing for 90 min.

Update:3-3
I have been neglecting the mush cult as of late. In the time that elapsed I took 4th and 5th transfers and made some jars up with the leftover plates. I let the Peace river go because it it looked pretty funky and I didn't have the patience to mess with it. I still have the Purple Haustrailia, crs, and the AA+. I made up some substrate yesterday. Pasteurized some cvg for the cubes and some horse poo, straw, verm, and gypsum for the pans. Then today I spawned some tubs. I didn't get to the pans, but I should have time tomorrow.

Edited by FungusFreedom (03/03/21 07:06 PM)

OfflineTigerStrike
carpophore locator
 User Gallery

Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: FungusFreedom]
    #27106740 - 12/25/20 12:10 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

My buddy and I call them G a n d o l i n i with an italian accent. I told him when I first read them I thought they said that and we`ve been calling them that ever since. I said They are pronounced gaendoi. He said, Ill take gandolini any day instead. So there is my silly story about stone producers.

OfflineFailboat
Fuck Up
Trusted Cultivator
Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: TigerStrike]
    #27106783 - 12/25/20 01:07 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

RustyWhyte
Tampanensis
Hoogshagenii var Convexa
Warrens Cinctilus

I've not had any success recently with spores so I hope if I use an excessive amount I can germinate something. If a thick shmear don't work what am I to do about :shrug:

Invisiblecoversall
إِنْ شَاءَ ٱللَهُ
 Unread Journal

Loc: संसार
Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: Ambrose]
    #27106838 - 12/25/20 02:52 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Ambrose said:
Count me in please!
Planning to grow some P. Mexicana Jalisco and Chicon Nindo, that is if they ever get out of USPS "in transit, arriving late" purgatory.

If they don't, then I'll be going back to spores with P. Mexicana Galindoi(Tampanensis apparantly is the more correct term but I like calling it Galindoi more)

the whole tamp/galindoi thing is very interesting. I got a galindoi swab from the FSE, but from what I'm reading that's most likely tamp?

--------------------

..:: E V E R Y  ::..

..:: New? Start here. ::..
..:: How I Panaeolus. From Agar to Tea ::..

Offlineroarkell
The Roar Master!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Southern WI Flag
Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: coversall]
    #27106874 - 12/25/20 04:00 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

coversall said:
Quote:

Ambrose said:
Count me in please!
Planning to grow some P. Mexicana Jalisco and Chicon Nindo, that is if they ever get out of USPS "in transit, arriving late" purgatory.

If they don't, then I'll be going back to spores with P. Mexicana Galindoi(Tampanensis apparantly is the more correct term but I like calling it Galindoi more)

the whole tamp/galindoi thing is very interesting. I got a galindoi swab from the FSE, but from what I'm reading that's most likely tamp?

Mexicana and Tampenensis are basically cousins... Galindoli is like saying B+ for cubes... if a cube is a cube is a cube, then in my opinion, a tamp is a tamp is a tamp... lol

Offlineroarkell
The Roar Master!
Male User Gallery

Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: roarkell]
    #27106878 - 12/25/20 04:10 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Oof... im studying up on my gyms so I dont make an ass of myself once this gets rolling... and like all avenues on the internet, I ended up taking a stroll thru reddit-land... what a mind fuck that place is... saw washer and dryer teks for hydrating your sub and drying your fruits and almost blew my brains out... for the love of all things, please don't put coir in your washing machine... and if you have to rig your apartment building dryer to stay on with the door open, you're going to start a fire or kill everyone with carbon monoxide... lol

Invisiblecoversall
إِنْ شَاءَ ٱللَهُ
 Unread Journal

Loc: संसार
    #27106920 - 12/25/20 05:46 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

roarkell said:
Quote:

coversall said:
Quote:

Ambrose said:
Count me in please!

Mexicana and Tampenensis are basically cousins... Galindoli is like saying B+ for cubes... if a cube is a cube is a cube, then in my opinion, a tamp is a tamp is a tamp... lol

Nice, learning something new everyday.

:takingnotes:

--------------------

..:: E V E R Y  ::..

..:: New? Start here. ::..
..:: How I Panaeolus. From Agar to Tea ::..

OfflineTweeq
Tweeq of Nature
Male

Loc: Netherlands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: coversall]
    #27106927 - 12/25/20 05:53 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

What if I couldn't wait and already streaked the spores..

I'm going to do more cube varieties of course. Got PESA and GT on grains already and I have some ms ps azurescens and ps cyanescens going on agar, as well as two dishes of ps. Subtropicalis (semperviva). All the rest are clones..

Offlineanatomality
Nothern Counterpart
I'm a teapot

Loc: North East
Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: Leon Forest]
    #27106956 - 12/25/20 06:30 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Tweeq said:
What if I couldn't wait and already streaked the spores..

I'm going to do more cube varieties of course. Got PESA and GT on grains already and I have some ms ps azurescens and ps cyanescens going on agar, as well as two dishes of ps. Subtropicalis (semperviva). All the rest are clones..

Ahahah good for you. I'll be interested in your notes comparing azurescens and cyanescens. I hear they are so similar. I've got cyanescens print I'll be putting to agar.

Quote:

Indulgence said:
Released a couple weeks ago, i havent ran it yet but this is a pic from my buddys grow after it was stabilized.

Holy hell dude, those are unearthly.

If ever anyone wants to be in on this thread, but needs a print I have a few spare Lizard King (decent cubensis) prints I can send out.

--------------------
“The strength of a person's spirit would then be measured by how much 'truth' he could tolerate, or more precisely, to what extent he needs to have it diluted, disguised, sweetened, muted, falsified.”

OfflineGypsyBastard
Misanthrope
 User Gallery

Loc: The Mighty Boosh
Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: A.k.a]
    #27107045 - 12/25/20 08:03 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

coversall said:
Quote:

roarkell said:
Quote:

coversall said:
Quote:

Ambrose said:
Count me in please!

Mexicana and Tampenensis are basically cousins... Galindoli is like saying B  for cubes... if a cube is a cube is a cube, then in my opinion, a tamp is a tamp is a tamp... lol

Nice, learning something new everyday.

:takingnotes:

So I have been out of the loop for a bit. What I last culted galindoi the concensus was that galindoi and tamps were actually the same. Has this changed? I may still have some stones in a jar somewhere. May see if I can dig them out for this.

Quote:

A.k.a said:
Quote:

GypsyBastard said:
Fucking aye guys( and gals and teapots), I'll get everyone added in later tonight!!! :excited:

Lol yeah if it’s like last time you’re gonna have your work cut out. Whole lotta signups.

Man I hope so haha. I know this thread is going to blow the fuck up on the 1st! can't wait

Passed out last night so will get everyone update today.

Merry Christmas Shroomery!!! Love the Holiday skin! :dancingshroom:
:mushroom::heart:

Offlineroarkell
The Roar Master!
Male User Gallery

Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: GypsyBastard]
    #27107064 - 12/25/20 08:18 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

I believe the final answer was tampenensis variety galindoi... like cubensis variety B+ or PE... thats my understanding anyway...

OfflineLeon ForestFacebookDiscord
Male

#27107081 - 12/25/20 08:34 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

roarkell said:
I believe the final answer was tampenensis variety galindoi... like cubensis variety B+ or PE... thats my understanding anyway...

I can say one thing for sure as well, atl7 is also just tampenensis. I sent a sample in and did a blast on the ITS sequence, its just tamps. The large misconception with stone producers right now is that alot of vendors are selling Galindoli that was actualy tamp dna where Galindoli in nature has mexicana dna. mexicana and tamps have different dna but all stone producers are one or the other.

Edited by Leon Forest (12/25/20 08:35 AM)

Offlineroarkell
The Roar Master!
Male User Gallery

Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: Leon Forest]
    #27107157 - 12/25/20 09:53 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Ahh... ok. I knew I was kinda over simplifying it... wasn't sure exactly the line was drawn. Thanks for the clarification!

OfflineGypsyBastard
Misanthrope
 User Gallery

#27107201 - 12/25/20 10:20 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Right on, been a bit so wasn't sure anymore but I believe that was the last word I had heard. Really want to find my alt7 mss and pan cyans mss. They are old and fuck but would love to bring them back for this.

Offlinetryptkaloids
Learner
I'm a teapot

Loc: Exact Center
Trusted Cultivator
    #27107321 - 12/25/20 11:53 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Shit i was waiting till Christmas to see if this has started yet,

I'm in,

P. Cubensis
Envyss
And for a backup, ill be germing ape and RW

In the future I hope to be better about keeping pictures and descriptions together
All my plates have a color coded label on them Green =EnvySS  Blue=APE  Yellow=RW

I got a little ahead of myself and inoculated 3 plates with EnvySS(green) on like december 20something I think it was, didn't date anything. the t1 transfer was taken on 12/31

January 1st 3 Am  3 with a APE syringe and another 3 got a loopful of Rustywhyte spores.

only one of the nine germinated, thankfully it was the envyss as it was the only swab I had, it gave me germ plate clones pretty fuckin quick. I kept transferring it while working on getting the rest on agar, took it to a half pint and a couple quarts, I spawned the quarts and they are about to blow up with pins, and I used the half pint to inoculate 6 quarts, a half pint and I spawned a couple half pint coir cakes.

the other varieties I ended up taking to BRF pucks, only the RW germinated and it was already the 25th so I decided to take a cut from my APE Slant. count it or don't I don't really care, technically they all broke atleast one rule.

after a transfer of the ESS and the APE I took some of the RW to agar. now I finally have all 3 on agar and they are looking great.

Que Pick Dump;

I don't feel like reposting them all, see my Comment

--------------------
"Remember, kids, the difference between science and screwing around is writing it down" -adam savage
Flowchart for Recommended plan of action.
Learn the tried and true way to grow mushrooms
Use the Damn search engine
After you know what you're doing, take a break 
Pick a book, Make some chips!
Josex said:Don't take the site seriously bro, ain't worth it.

Edited by tryptkaloids (02/18/21 10:26 PM)

InvisibleJosex
#cheat_code
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: tryptkaloids]
    #27107324 - 12/25/20 11:54 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

:vibin:

OfflineGypsyBastard
Misanthrope
 User Gallery

Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: A.k.a]
    #27107384 - 12/25/20 12:31 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

A.k.a said:
Lol yeah last year cuz of that huge giveaway there was a ton of pesa and toc.

I’ll probably end up with a ton going but my official ones so far will be

Pan necD
Atl7
Argentina, pesh.

A.k.a., I admit I love how much I have learned so far from this just by researching everyone's choice but yours.... I just learned some much just looking into Pan. Nec-d.
Thank you sir. Looking forward to more!
So again I say :excited:

Invisiblemind.at.large
Myconerd

Loc: Floating in liquid gardens
    #27107570 - 12/25/20 03:35 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

I’m in!

I’ll get some melmac going and some Pan. cyans!

--------------------
Mind's Easy Bag 2 Bag Grain Transfers

Endless Sub Tek

...the doll's trying to kill me and the toaster's been laughing at me...

OfflineGypsyBastard
Misanthrope
 User Gallery

Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: mind.at.large]
    #27108562 - 12/26/20 09:51 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

I should have everyone fixed up and updated now. Apologies for those I missed and thanks for letting me know. I promise it was incompetence, not malice. :lol:

I shot a message out to the couple people I still had listed as TBD to double check but again, no rush. Just want to make sure everyone knows there's a spot here for them.

I may actually have to start a day or two late myself so don't stress too much about that. Not to speak for CBK or anyone else here, for me the true fun and importance of this is the community learn and growing and building together so I would greatly prefer a late entry over someone missing out.

Still some time left to gather supplies and claim your spot so keep 'em coming!! I crave vicarious learning experiences!!!

:mushroom::heart:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Boomr Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag