Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineDboogie
 User Gallery

Loc: Guessowii Region
Looking for large scale oyster grow op thread. Has anyone done a build recently?
    #27098790 - 12/20/20 05:53 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Trying to get ideas for oyster grow op and what materials I'll need. The mycology part ive been practicing for years as far as agar, isolating cultures etc... I just want to have a better visual of what a professionals oyster fruiting room looks like. Money isnt an issue and i have permission to purchase whatever is needed. The people want it done right and to look professional. They hace a building dedicated to this venture. I am in charge of getting a list together and making this happen. They have the marketing skills, good people all along the east coast. My purpose is to pass knowledge on to my older brother so he can cultivate oysters for the fam. Why i was picked is because of my knowledge pertaining to psilocybe cubensis cultivation... I need help and ideas creating a fruiting room for oysters. Teaching him agar and about hepa filters autoclaves etc currently. Any help is most appreciated.

--------------------
"You can lead a horse to water but a pencil must be lead." -Stan Laurel

Edited by Dboogie (12/20/20 09:50 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetaku
° shapeshifter ∆
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Looking for large scale oyster grow op thread. Has anyone done a build recently? [Re: Dboogie]
    #27098901 - 12/20/20 08:03 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

I'm sure there are plenty of threads, but I can suggest some helpful YouTube channels.

Mossy Creek Mushrooms has a lot of videos that explain his grow and his business.

Southwest Mushrooms has great quality videos that highlight each step of his operation and you can glean a lot about his layout and process. I'd highly suggest this channel.

Oak N' Spore also has a lot of good videos cataloguing the business of growing mushrooms. 

I think the videos are really helpful for being able to visualize how to set it up and organize it. These three show a low budget, medium budget and high budget version as well - from someone growing in their basement to someone in a dedicated room to someone using warehouses. 

Best of luck!!

--------------------

Offlinedeadmandave
Slime
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Looking for large scale oyster grow op thread. Has anyone done a build recently? [Re: taku]
    #27098903 - 12/20/20 08:06 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Earth angel mushroom also has good videos and an awesome grow room.

How big an operation are y'all trying to start up?

OfflineSHROOMSISAY01M
Mr. Shrooms
Male User Gallery

Loc: Virginia, USA
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Looking for large scale oyster grow op thread. Has anyone done a build recently? [Re: Dboogie]
    #27098909 - 12/20/20 08:11 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

To get it right the 1st time you are going to have to contact someone like TR Davis from Earth Angel mushrooms. I am sure his time is not cheap. I sent you a PM.

OfflineDboogie
 User Gallery

Re: Looking for large scale oyster grow op thread. Has anyone done a build recently? [Re: taku]
    #27099025 - 12/20/20 09:44 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Thank you so much for the repsonce... Thank you friend

Quote:

taku said:
I'm sure there are plenty of threads, but I can suggest some helpful YouTube channels.

Mossy Creek Mushrooms has a lot of videos that explain his grow and his business.

Southwest Mushrooms has great quality videos that highlight each step of his operation and you can glean a lot about his layout and process. I'd highly suggest this channel.

Oak N' Spore also has a lot of good videos cataloguing the business of growing mushrooms. 

I think the videos are really helpful for being able to visualize how to set it up and organize it. These three show a low budget, medium budget and high budget version as well - from someone growing in their basement to someone in a dedicated room to someone using warehouses. 

Best of luck!!

--------------------

OfflineDboogie
 User Gallery

Re: Looking for large scale oyster grow op thread. Has anyone done a build recently? [Re: deadmandave]
    #27099028 - 12/20/20 09:46 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

3 room building to start with. I am waiting on my brother to text me the dimensions of the fruiting room. I dont thing its too big but i want to buy good stuff. They plan to expand... Just need to get into rhythm. Get into the grove and feel comfortable with the process

Quote:

deadmandave said:
Earth angel mushroom also has good videos and an awesome grow room.

How big an operation are y'all trying to start up?

--------------------

Edited by Dboogie (12/20/20 11:12 AM)

OfflineSHROOMSISAY01M
Mr. Shrooms
Male User Gallery

Loc: Virginia, USA
Trusted Cultivator
    #27099657 - 12/20/20 04:54 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

You need to start building a steamer so you can sterilize your blocks. If you don't already have one.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds