Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
US soldiers shot us one by one
    #2709244 - 05/21/04 02:03 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

The wedding feast was finished and the women had just led the young bride and groom away to their marriage tent for the night when Haleema Shihab heard the first sounds of the fighter jets screeching through the sky above.

It was 10.30pm in the remote village of Mukaradeeb by the Syrian border and the guests hurried back to their homes as the party ended. As sister-in-law of the groom, Mrs Shihab, 30, was to sleep with her husband and children in the house of the wedding party, the Rakat family villa. She was one of the few in the house who survived the night.

"The bombing started at 3am," she said yesterday from her bed in the emergency ward at Ramadi general hospital, 60 miles west of Baghdad. "We went out of the house and the American soldiers started to shoot us. They were shooting low on the ground and targeting us one by one," she said. She ran with her youngest child in her arms and her two young boys, Ali and Hamza, close behind. As she crossed the fields a shell exploded close to her, fracturing her legs and knocking her to the ground.

She lay there and a second round hit her on the right arm. By then her two boys lay dead. "I left them because they were dead," she said. One, she saw, had been decapitated by a shell.

"I fell into the mud and an American soldier came and kicked me. I pretended to be dead so he wouldn't kill me. My youngest child was alive next to me."

As Mrs Shihab spoke she gestured with hands still daubed red-brown with the henna the women had used to decorate themselves for the wedding. Alongside her in the ward yesterday were three badly injured girls from the Rakat family: Khalood Mohammed, aged just a year and struggling for breath, Moaza Rakat, 12, and Iqbal Rakat, 15, whose right foot doctors had already amputated.

"I saw something that nobody ever saw in this world," said Mr Nawaf. "There were children's bodies cut into pieces, women cut into pieces, men cut into pieces."

Among the dead was his daughter Fatima Ma'athi, 25, and her two young boys, Raad, four, and Raed, six. "I found Raad dead in her arms. The other boy was lying beside her. I found only his head," he said. His sister Simoya, the wife of Haji Rakat, was also killed with her two daughters. "The Americans call these people foreign fighters. It is a lie. I just want one piece of evidence of what they are saying."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,1221658,00.html

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBarbi
Plastic Person

Re: US soldiers shot us one by one [Re: Xlea321]
    #2710054 - 05/21/04 07:00 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

There will always be civilian fatalities during a war. Anyone who thinks its possbile to wage war without them is blind.

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
Re: US soldiers shot us one by one [Re: Barbi]
    #2710089 - 05/21/04 07:49 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

He's not blind, he's just a leftist.

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #2710122 - 05/21/04 08:23 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

There will always be civilian fatalities during a war.

Just as long as they arent US civillians right?

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Offlinegrib
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Here and there
    #2710303 - 05/21/04 10:10 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

There will always be civilian fatalities during a war. Anyone who thinks its possbile to wage war without them is blind. 

Women and children attacked and killed... surely you don't believe such rubbish!

The Americans are righteous liberators out to rid the word of the 'evil doers' so a little collateral damage should not be a concern. We must also remember that the U.S. government is an honest and transparent entity so when they say that they didn't attack a wedding party we can rest assured that they didn't. In reality, the 'children' who were killed were, in fact, genetically engineered  3'8" Muslim terrorists.

:machinegun:

--------------------
<~>Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake <~>

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #2710562 - 05/21/04 12:17 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Anyone who thinks its possbile to wage war without them is blind.

Who is the US at war with? Iraq?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion