Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Air Pump, Aquarium Heater, Hydroponics Supplies, Hygrometer, Mylar Film, Portable Greenhouse

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCatsLoveHouseMusic
SpeakerFreaker
 User Gallery

Do Martha’s tents improve your grow?
    #27089197 - 12/14/20 06:56 PM (2 months, 10 days ago)

So I was debating on getting some kind of tent for all my tubs and was thinking about getting the Martha’s tent. Any other suggestions? Any tips for using a tent?

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblep9hu7S
Full retard
Male

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Do Martha’s tents improve your grow? [Re: CatsLoveHouseMusic] * 2
    #27089198 - 12/14/20 06:58 PM (2 months, 10 days ago)

Just run tubs, they're far more efficient and effective for cubes. Get a Martha for exotics and gourmet.

--------------------
Easy flowhood math template
How I wrap an entire sleeve of plates
Clean Spawn Checklist
More Inoculation Points For Less

shrooms make you gay anyways

Two of a trade never agree

SpeakerFreaker
 User Gallery

Re: Do Martha’s tents improve your grow? [Re: p9hu7]
    #27089208 - 12/14/20 07:06 PM (2 months, 10 days ago)

That’s what I’ve been doing. I was thinking it may help with bacterial type situations? Maby even humidity idk. I’ve been doing shoeboxes all year and have done well, but I was thinking it would help keep germs away from my jars and agar while it’s colonizing, and maby even keep RH levels more consistent rather than being in a room?

Invisiblep9hu7S
Full retard
Male

Re: Do Martha’s tents improve your grow? [Re: CatsLoveHouseMusic]
    #27089212 - 12/14/20 07:11 PM (2 months, 10 days ago)

Nope. Bacterial infections are from bad spawn, humidity comes from properly hydrated substrate, fresh air is circulated by the hole placement in the tub....all of that and it's stackable. Tents are good for growing exotics and gourmets. They do not make a cube grow better. Your grow is improved by selecting the correct cultures and honing your skill, not by placing tubs in thents.

--------------------
Clean Spawn Checklist

OfflineMLPismyOPSEC
That One Ponyfucker
I'm a teapot

Loc: Equestria? Mordor? Wester... Flag
Re: Do Martha’s tents improve your grow? [Re: p9hu7] * 1
    #27089366 - 12/14/20 08:57 PM (2 months, 10 days ago)

I use a mylar grow tent, but solely because my tubs are in the basement and it keeps them a few degrees above ambient. Ignore the space heater, i used to use it to keep the tent at 72* F but once i realized the tent stays at 66* in the winter, i don't bother with it.

Offlinestarbones
I'm an alien, I eat uranium.
I'm a teapot

Re: Do Martha’s tents improve your grow? [Re: MLPismyOPSEC]
    #27089369 - 12/14/20 08:59 PM (2 months, 10 days ago)

Quote:

MLPismyOPSEC said:
I use a mylar grow tent, but solely because my tubs are in the basement and it keeps them a few degrees above ambient. Ignore the space heater, i used to use it to keep the tent at 72* F but once i realized the tent stays at 66* in the winter, i don't bother with it.

:dogpipe:

--------------------
Calm as cookies and cream.
Unbottles and micro-mini-mono tubs all day everyday.

SpeakerFreaker
 User Gallery

Re: Do Martha’s tents improve your grow? [Re: starbones]
    #27089568 - 12/14/20 11:16 PM (2 months, 10 days ago)

I’m like literally trying to find a reason to buy one, there’s seriously no reason at all besides maby temps?

Invisiblep9hu7S
Full retard
Male

#27089597 - 12/14/20 11:44 PM (2 months, 10 days ago)

If your tubs are in a normally heated, finished room, there is no reason unless you are growing pans. Even if the room was cold you could simply heat the room, lol.

There's a big difference between his application and what you're suggesting. You seem hell bent on putting tubs in a tent, like you actually need to be convinced not to :facepalm3:

--------------------
Clean Spawn Checklist

OfflineMLPismyOPSEC
That One Ponyfucker
I'm a teapot

Loc: Equestria? Mordor? Wester... Flag
Re: Do Martha’s tents improve your grow? [Re: p9hu7]
    #27089902 - 12/15/20 07:50 AM (2 months, 9 days ago)

You absolutely can set up a martha, and control the humidity as a whole, but then using monotubs inside of it makes it worthless. You would have to use a open top tray, think like a garden flat. Sterilite does have under-bed boxes which would be perfect (Just reread that you use shoeboxes, those would be perfectly fine!). The whole point of monotubs is to create individual climates that can be controlled separately. By trying to control the environment in the martha, you're placing all your eggs in one basket, because if you don't have the conditions just right, all of your tubs are at risk of not producing like they should. It steepens the learning curve which is the biggest reason why we tend to steer people away from the idea. It's much easier to control each individual tub. Having said that, again you absolutely can set up a tent and take cues from gourmet growers just be aware the first couple runs won't be ideal. No different than when you were learning shoeboxes!

Edit: At the end of the day though to answer the main question, no a martha will not improve upon tubs (yield-wise) significantly. It might automate the process a little bit, but that's up to you if you think it's worth it.

Edited by MLPismyOPSEC (12/15/20 07:52 AM)

OfflineLeeHarvOz
Homie
Male User Gallery

Re: Do Martha’s tents improve your grow? [Re: MLPismyOPSEC]
    #27089922 - 12/15/20 08:10 AM (2 months, 9 days ago)

ive done cubes in shoeboxes in a martha. its pain in the ass and dosent work nearly as well as mono tubs. keep it simple

--------------------

InvisiblecoAsTal
Friend
 User Gallery

Loc: 8a
Re: Do Martha’s tents improve your grow? [Re: LeeHarvOz]
    #27090015 - 12/15/20 10:02 AM (2 months, 9 days ago)

FWIW, you don't need a tent for Pan's either-- just another tub design. Read every word of this guy's post and you'll learn a ton--

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/26565367#26565367

An excerpt:
Quote:

i took a large tote and i placed two 18.0 inch air/bubble stones in the middle along the long edges of the tote. then i placed four 6.0 inch air/bubble stones in the middle equally spaced from end to end. i then filled it with water just enough to cover the air/bubble stones by 1.5 inches so about 2.5 inches deep in total. i then put in a aquarium heater with an adjustable temp setting. i set it at 84 deg f. i found that at that setting it gives me a constant inside the chamber temp of 77-81 deg f. and with all those air/bubble stones that run constantly. it gives me a rh of 95% i just use a cheap thermometer/hygrometer taped to the back of the chamber. we all know those aint really even worth having i just use it as a reference tool. now the air pumps i use are rated at 250 gallons per hour (gph) i use 2 of them per tote. i bought them at the hydroponic store cuz pet shops are a rip off. but each pump has 4 outputs on it. i use one pump to power the four 6.0 inch stones. each stone gos to its own output on the pump. then i use the other pump to power the two 18.0 inch stones. each stone is hooked up to 2 outputs using the T hose splitters as shown in the pic. then i just place a rack in there for setting my trays on.

--------------------
I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the Heart's affections and the truth of Imagination--  John Keats

Spore Trading List

Invisiblep9hu7S
Full retard
Male

Re: Do Martha’s tents improve your grow? [Re: coAsTal] * 2
    #27090210 - 12/15/20 12:01 PM (2 months, 9 days ago)

Putting tubs in a tent is fucking asinine. No matter how large the parade of noobs that say whatever they happen to say.

Don't put cubes in a Martha, you can, but you didn't ask that. If you do, grow them in trays  not fycking mono's.

Op asked if putting tubs in a Martha would improve the tubs. Putting tubs in a martha is a gold medal in the noob Olympics, or at least a silver. If you're using the tent as a room and not as a humidified fruiting chamber for your tubs that's different.

You do not have to grow pans in a Martha, but marthas are more for pans than they are for mono tubs :facepalm3:

This thread is a massive :facepalm:

--------------------
Clean Spawn Checklist

InvisiblePastywhyteM
Say hello to my little friend
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Do Martha’s tents improve your grow? [Re: p9hu7] * 1
    #27090310 - 12/15/20 12:54 PM (2 months, 9 days ago)

I’ve run Martha’s and I’ve run tubs. Guess which one I’m currently doing? The tubs. Despite how much I hate cleaning them, trays in greenhouses still need cleaning as does the whole greenhouse on a regular basis.

If you’re growing exotics or choice edibles a Martha will definitely improve your grow. If you’re running cubes all a Martha does is increase the workload.

SpeakerFreaker
 User Gallery

Re: Do Martha’s tents improve your grow? [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #27090417 - 12/15/20 02:06 PM (2 months, 9 days ago)

Sorry I wasn’t replying last night. Part of the reason I wanted to use them is bc I keep all my tubs in one room, and I’ll be growing weed in that same room (wife said tubs have to stay in that room,) and I was just worried with how living soil/notill cannabis grows work, it could’ve been best bet to have an enclosed spot for the tubs.

Plus I have cats and didn’t want them to somehow knock my tubs down or mess with them too. I wasn’t explaining it well, I was high and playing video game with my friend while replying.

SpeakerFreaker
 User Gallery

#27090472 - 12/15/20 02:50 PM (2 months, 9 days ago)

But yea I wasn’t using it as a humidity chamber, I just keep the tops closed for awhile and when I get to it, crack both sides. I really don’t have to put forth any effort anymore which is nice...

Invisibleshadyshroomie
MycoCurious
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#27156089 - 01/18/21 08:35 PM (1 month, 6 days ago)

Dialing in GH

If you plan on doing Martha style tent checkout this post

--------------------

Storing Cultures

Science

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Air Pump, Aquarium Heater, Hydroponics Supplies, Hygrometer, Mylar Film, Portable Greenhouse

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation