Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
OfflineGrinchGrower
N00B
Male User Gallery

Re: New guy. Trouble navigating [Re: IdiotCircusBoy]
    #27142598 - 01/11/21 07:30 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

:youthemandawg:

Keep at it!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFungi Rogers
New Guy

Re: New guy. Trouble navigating [Re: ErnieErgot67]
    #27142611 - 01/11/21 07:39 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

ErnieErgot67 said:
Well I’m finally on my way. I finally have 14 BRS jars inoculated with an LC and colonizing as we speak. It’s only been 48 hours and they’re already showing signs of recolonization. I am so excited. I so hope everything goes right and I don’t get any contaminants. Thanks for all your help and everybody else is helpful here who is been a part of my beginning. I know I drove everybody nuts with my whining and questions. But thank you for all of you stay tune for more questions once I get to the second stage… Birthing them. :mushroom2  :cheers:

Looking forward to those pictures bud :smile:

OfflineErnieErgot67
Apprentice
Male User Gallery

Loc: North eastern USA
    #27143888 - 01/12/21 01:31 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

When I get home I should have some parafilm waiting for me in the mailbox and I will be making the leap to making some agar and some liquid culture while I’m at it saying I’m going to be pressure cooking the egg or a mixture I might as well pressure cook some liquid culture mixture as well. So strapping because here comes my questions by the hundreds! Lol. Because I have such a hard time navigating this forum I’m curious to how you knew that I posted on here again and how you knew I posted regarding your last post. Because you answered pretty quickly which I appreciate. Thank you.

--------------------
Can’t we all just get along???
Progress not perfection.
Don’t judge others because their flaws are different than yours

Edited by ErnieErgot67 (01/16/21 11:10 PM)

OfflineFungi Rogers
New Guy

#27143912 - 01/12/21 01:44 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

ErnieErgot67 said:
When I get home I should have some parafilm waiting for me in the mailbox and I will be making the leap to making some agar and some liquid culture while I’m at it saying I’m going to be pressure cooking the egg or a mixture I might as well pressure cook some liquid culture mixture as well. So strapping because here comes my questions by the hundreds! Lol. Because I have such a hard time navigating this forum I’m curious to how you knew that I posted on here again and how you knew I posted regarding your last post. Because you answered pretty quickly which I appreciate. Thank you.

I can’t say for others but I tend to be lurking the forums quite a lot lol

Edited by Fungi Rogers (01/17/21 02:43 AM)

InvisibleIdiotCircusBoy
Human Person
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: New guy. Trouble navigating [Re: Fungi Rogers]
    #27144195 - 01/12/21 04:44 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Hey man.  You may want to edit your name out of that last post.  As to how I know you posted, it's simple, I check my threads way more than I should.

--------------------
Just call me Idiot

"People hasten to judge in order not to be judged themselves."

OfflineErnieErgot67
Apprentice
Male User Gallery

#27152410 - 01/16/21 11:09 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Thank you.

--------------------
Progress not perfection.

OfflineErnieErgot67
Apprentice
Male User Gallery

#27152421 - 01/16/21 11:14 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Well that’s a good thing. That’s how you gonna learn. I edited my name out of that last post but because you quoted it, it’s still there and  I don’t know how to get rid of it.

--------------------
Progress not perfection.

OfflineErnieErgot67
Apprentice
Male User Gallery

#27152511 - 01/17/21 12:33 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Well I never got around to making my ego because I was lacking a few essential materials. So while I was waiting for my BF cakes to colonize I thought I would prep up some red wheat berries. I soaked them for 24 hours and after boiling them for 10 minutes like the Teks said, they didn’t look hydrated enough so I boil them for over 30 minutes and they still didn’t look hydrated enough. But I pulled them anyway, strained them and pc’d them. I got 6 jars out of 3 pounds dry. I just have my fingers crossed and I’m praying that they are hydrated enough and everything works out. What will happen if they’re not is what my question is? Will they stall out?

--------------------
Progress not perfection.

OfflineErnieErgot67
Apprentice
Male User Gallery

#27152542 - 01/17/21 12:53 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Well this is all I have the pictures now because this is what stage they are at obviously. Because I used an LC they started colonizing very quickly. Under 48 hours I started seeing some growth. This is a week later. Hopefully in a few weeks will have some fruit. I will be so happy when I have my first grow!:mushroom2: :hi:  :hi:

--------------------
Progress not perfection.

OfflineFungi Rogers
New Guy

#27152615 - 01/17/21 02:46 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ErnieErgot67 said:

Well this is all I have the pictures now because this is what stage they are at obviously. Because I used an LC they started colonizing very quickly. Under 48 hours I started seeing some growth. This is a week later. Hopefully in a few weeks will have some fruit. I will be so happy when I have my first grow!:mushroom2: :hi:  :hi:

Are you going to spawn to bulk or fc?

OfflineErnieErgot67
Apprentice
Male User Gallery

#27153038 - 01/17/21 09:15 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Bulk. What does FC stand for? Why do you ask?

--------------------
Progress not perfection.

OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

Loc: Borderlands Flag
    #27153048 - 01/17/21 09:23 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

:thumbup: fc is a fruiting chamber(individual cakes)

OfflineErnieErgot67
Apprentice
Male User Gallery

Re: New guy. Trouble navigating [Re: LtLurker]
    #27153622 - 01/17/21 02:26 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Hey LT! Long time. I miss chatting with you. You were on of my biggest helpers in getting me going. Man I was so freaked out back when I first stated trying to do this. It took a lot of hours of searching on hear and reading posts, watching videos on YouTube and IG. Watching the videos really helped me to connect the dots. Not that I will follow their sterile/clean procedures but it helped to connect the dots watching it get done and see what things look like. But anyway, I’ve calm down and awful lot and as you can see I am on my way. We will see what the results are in a few weeks. However the best way to learn is by doing at least it is for me. I still have a ton of questions. I have been looking on here for the past hour and can’t seem to find it. I don’t even know how to word it in the search engine....
I inoculated my jars of grain with an LC. Unfortunately I did not have any self healing inoculation ports or vented gas exchange ports so I just drilled a 5/32 hole because I do have some ports coming tomorrow or Tuesday and used micropore tape. When I inoculated them,  I did it in a still airbox and I pulled the tape back squirted it in  like that. My question is what do I do with that hole now? Do I  cover it up with fresh tape, more tape, do I cover it with scotch tape, do I put the tinfoil back on, should I wrap the lid with plastic wrap? What is the basic and most common procedure to prevent contamination? Believe me I looked very well like I said I didn’t even know how to word the question. And what I did find was 18 years old. I can’t believe how old some of the posts are on this forum. Anyway glad to talk to you again you were a big help thank you.

--------------------
Progress not perfection.

OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

#27153646 - 01/17/21 02:37 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

You shouldn't need injection ports for grains, just a filtered ge. You open the jar to drop a wedge.

Seems too fast to have an LC(liquid culture, made from a clean agar wedge put into a nutritious liquid). I think you mean spores but we've already discussed how spores into grains is bad.

InvisibleIdiotCircusBoy
Human Person
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #27153776 - 01/17/21 03:50 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

You've really come a long way ErnieErgot67.  Looking forward to all of your future success.

--------------------
Just call me Idiot

"People hasten to judge in order not to be judged themselves."

InvisiblefahtsterM
Now With 33%More Faht
Male User Gallery

#27153801 - 01/17/21 04:05 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

:whathesaid:

OfflineErnieErgot67
Apprentice
Male User Gallery

#27153803 - 01/17/21 04:06 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

No no brother you misunderstood me.😊 I have not made any agar yet. I wish I had!... and I wish that much time had passed to where I had done two and three agar transfers and got to the point where I had a strong and stable strain of mycelium 🤩  However, I am not there yet 😩 LOL Wishful thinking.  I got a hold of several LC syringes.  That’s what I used to inoculate my BRF cakes. I use the same LC to make up these grain jars. So, I had to make a gas exchange hole in the top and I put microspore tape over it. Now that I have inoculated it I’m not sure what to do about this hole. When I inoculated I wiped all the top of the jar down with alcohol and simply pulled the tape back and put the needle in the hold and put 1 mL on each side of the jar and simply put the tape back over.

--------------------
Progress not perfection.

OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

#27153813 - 01/17/21 04:14 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

yea one or two layers of mp tape should work alright. It's not the best filter though. When you setup for the next round you want poly fill in the holes or silicon a piece of SFD(Synthetic filter disk) over the hole.

You flamed the needle point right? Alcohol alone won't sterilize it. Opening the jar in the SAB to put in drops is the norm. Pulling tape in a SAB should be fine.

Are you positive you actually have an lc and not just a spore syringe? You can't just buy an LC of an active in the states. A spore syringe will have black spots in it.

Seems like you're progressing well dude. I hope now that you've dove in you're feeling less overwhelmed and seeing how it kinda comes together as you go through your first attempts.

Edited by LtLurker (01/17/21 04:19 PM)

OfflineErnieErgot67
Apprentice
Male User Gallery

#27153884 - 01/17/21 05:02 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Thank you. I don’t know about a long way however I try to live by what’s written in my signature.
Progress… Not perfection
:smile:

--------------------
Progress not perfection.

OfflineErnieErgot67
Apprentice
Male User Gallery

#27153908 - 01/17/21 05:17 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Oh yes. I’m positive I bought 4 LC’s I know the difference. In fact I’m gonna make my own by adding what I have left to some LME and dextrose I’m just waiting for my lids to come tomorrow with the GE port and self healingIP’s. Tonight I’m going to make and pour my first agar plates.
And yes I am not nearly as overwhelmed as I was when I started. There were just too many components to this and I was trying to learn them all at once and I didn’t know where to start. I didn’t know what questions to ask and if I did I didn’t even know how to word them. I still have trouble with abbreviations in directions.  I still have no clue how to use the search engine correctly and to it full potential.
But now that I know several of the components to growing I just have to do them all, and then practice them all, and get better at them all. And then I’ll move onto isolating genes!!! Lol. OK that’s a long ways away but that’s the cherry on top and you know it!  Thanks so much for all your help, guidance, and patience. Stay strapped him because I got hundreds of more questions for you coming up soon! LOL.

By the way should I take the tinfoil off the top and just double up the tape? Or double up the tape and leave the tinfoil?

Edited by ErnieErgot67 (01/17/21 05:19 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag