Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Gypsum, Hot Plate, Pressure Cooker, Rye Grain, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineErnieErgot67
Apprentice
Male User Gallery

Loc: North eastern USA
Re: New guy. Trouble navigating [Re: IdiotCircusBoy]
    #27091153 - 12/15/20 10:38 PM (1 month, 8 days ago)

Thanx so much! You hit the nail on the head. It is like a maze!

--------------------
Can’t we all just get along???
Progress not perfection.
Don’t judge others because their flaws are different than yours

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineErnieErgot67
Apprentice
Male User Gallery

Re: New guy. Trouble navigating [Re: ErnieErgot67]
    #27091171 - 12/15/20 10:50 PM (1 month, 8 days ago)

By George I think I’ve got it! After ours an hours and hours… Like 12 hours of reading, talking in forums, looking at pictures watching videos etc. etc. I think I’m ready to buy the stuff I need and make a stab at it. Thanx for the input. I’m sure I’ll have lots more questions once I get started! LOL. Is the navigating of the site is what fucked me up

--------------------
Progress not perfection.

OfflineBig_Dub
confused
Male

Loc: USA Flag
    #27091203 - 12/15/20 11:09 PM (1 month, 8 days ago)

nice man!!
basically anything you could ever ask has already been asked hundreds of times. so anytime you have a question, try reading instead. it is CRAZY how much info is here :cheers:

--------------------
Don't forget to take prints! :smile:

OfflineErnieErgot67
Apprentice
Male User Gallery

Re: New guy. Trouble navigating [Re: Big_Dub]
    #27104467 - 12/23/20 06:18 PM (1 month, 21 hours ago)

@ big dub or whoever would like to answer. I have been taking everybody’s advice and searching for my answers before asking. However I am trying to find some information on the difference between inoculating with mycelium syringe as opposed to inoculated with the spore syringes. If I can buy liquid my psyllium in a syringe would it be easier to inoculate the grain with that as opposed to inoculated with the spores? I’m guessing it would be faster. If that’s the case then why would everybody sell or syringes and not mycelium syringes? Thank you

--------------------
Progress not perfection.

OfflineTstone
St.of Circumstance
 User Gallery

Loc: This Planet
    #27104504 - 12/23/20 06:41 PM (1 month, 21 hours ago)

Spores are legal, myc is not. The liquid myc you are referring to, is made by individual cultivators. Only liquid cultures available, in the US are for gourmet's, non active.

--------------------
Wake now, discover that you are the song that morning brings, but the heart has it's seasons, it's evenings and songs of it's own"

InvisibleIdiotCircusBoy
Human Person
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #27104505 - 12/23/20 06:41 PM (1 month, 21 hours ago)

Quote:

ErnieErgot67 said:
why would everybody sell or syringes and not mycelium syringes

I think this is a legality issue.  The sponsors on this site sell spore syringes or spore prints for microscopy study.  I think you are referring to LC or Liquid Culture.  I buy LC syringes for gourmet mushrooms like Reishi or Lion's Mane.  These syringes contain mycelium.  Once you have grown out mycelium on agar from spores then you can use that to create a Liquid Culture, and then use that culture to inoculate.  Making and using LC is typically considered more advanced.

--------------------
Just call me Idiot

"People hasten to judge in order not to be judged themselves."

InvisibleIdiotCircusBoy
Human Person
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: New guy. Trouble navigating [Re: Tstone]
    #27104512 - 12/23/20 06:42 PM (1 month, 21 hours ago)

Quote:

Tstone said:
Spores are legal, myc is not. The liquid myc you are referring to, is made by individual cultivators. Only liquid cultures available, in the US are for gourmet's, non active.

You beat my post by one second and were much more concise. :congrats:

--------------------
Just call me Idiot

"People hasten to judge in order not to be judged themselves."

OfflineTstone
St.of Circumstance
 User Gallery

Loc: This Planet
Re: New guy. Trouble navigating [Re: IdiotCircusBoy] * 1
    #27104535 - 12/23/20 06:57 PM (1 month, 20 hours ago)

Lol, however I'll correct myself, majority of the US, spores are legal, a few states have deemed them illegal, think Idaho, Cali, 1-2 other states.

Pick a tek ( technique) and stick with it.   

#1 consideration is your situation. Example,can you pressure cook in the house? If not, PF tek
#2- if you don't have patience, don't even bother, and if your looking for something  in a few weeks, forget it.

#3  Are you position to invest a little cash into the hobby, $100-200)or are you looking for change in the couch

#4 Stay away from YouTube and Reddit, mostly crappy info.

#5, plan on reading a lot, I mean a lot.. No one here is going to teleconference with you.  You will learn by mistakes.

#6, don't buy a freaking thing, until you have a tek in mind

--------------------
Wake now, discover that you are the song that morning brings, but the heart has it's seasons, it's evenings and songs of it's own"

Edited by Tstone (12/23/20 07:18 PM)

OfflineBig_Dub
confused
Male

Loc: USA Flag
    #27105770 - 12/24/20 02:39 PM (1 month, 1 hour ago)

:whathesaid:

you can make your own mycelium syringes, called LC (liquid culture) or LI (liquid inoculate), but I would never recommend this to a beginner, bc most likely you will fail.

you definitely want to go spores to agar. transfer a bunch of times. then agar to grain. then grain to coir.

--------------------
Don't forget to take prints! :smile:

OfflineErnieErgot67
Apprentice
Male User Gallery

#27109021 - 12/26/20 03:52 PM (29 days, 2 minutes ago)

@Tstone...
Thanx for the info. I have been doing lots of reading, here and on the web. The only YouTube postings I think are legit are from PhillyGoldenTecher because he refers to this Forum and learned all his Teks from here. I’m a much better learner by watching and of course DOING AND LEARNING by mistakes. What do you think of this guys teachings?
I have the money to spend for this new found hobby. And I have decided on a Tek. First time around though I’m doing the Broke Boi Tek with brown rice to the CocoCoir, gypsum, vermiculite, mix. 12 shoe box or possible dubtub convert if needed and I bought a case of 1 quart mason jars, a 12 quart pot, 2 bottles of 70% alcohol, and a very large Stirelite clear tote for my still air box, and foil. My spores are on their way accompanied with some warmers in the packing to prevent freezing cuz I live in the North east.
Now all I have to do is follow the instructions to a T that I’ve read on hear and watched with PhillyGoldenTeacher....AND PRAY! I am prepared to fail and prepared to learn from it and try again. Have you ever heard of this PhillyGoldenTeacher cat on YouTube? And do you think his teaching is reliable?
I really appreciate all the advice and directions and links I have gotten from this forum. I have stayed up for many hours into the morning reading trying to hold my eyes open while trying to navigate thru this site, which I still have trouble doing. 😫
BTW... I figured out that the mycelium LC was illegal because you can’t get mycelium unless you’ve inoculated and that’s where it becomes illegal if you’re growing those kind.
So...,Do you think I’m ready?😉

--------------------
Progress not perfection.

OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

Loc: Borderlands Flag
    #27109186 - 12/26/20 05:10 PM (28 days, 22 hours ago)

Why is he referencing shroomery? Everytime i see someone says they used his vids they're not doing current teks. I'm looking at his popular broke boi tek now and it's ridiculous. Not only is he using brown rice as his grain(stupid expensive and way more nutes than needed), but he turns around and shoots spores into the grains at the end which is a huge no-no unless your good with averaging 50% success.

Leave youtube. There's no oversight and comparison from seasoned growers. It's almost always some dude that's half right and had some mediocre success because cubes are pretty damn hardy.

Offlineblack strat
Strangler

Re: New guy. Trouble navigating [Re: LtLurker]
    #27109252 - 12/26/20 05:51 PM (28 days, 22 hours ago)

Edited by black strat (12/26/20 08:47 PM)

OfflineErnieErgot67
Apprentice
Male User Gallery

#27109369 - 12/26/20 06:59 PM (28 days, 20 hours ago)

Thanx LT😊 Any info/feedback is good so I appreciate whatever is advised to be here. I have a hard time reading and following SOME directions on here without pictures or videos. A lot of things I read on here are described like they’re being described to somebody who already knows what they’re  doing. Some use words that I don’t know or abbreviations. The particular tech that the YouTube guy is using is the one that I would like to use. It seems pretty straightforward and I can follow along with his steps. If what is he doing is incorrect I would love to see some correct video in the same format. If there’s a link on here with that Tek could you please give it to me. I mean I have already bought everything that I thought I needed. Took notes from the shrubbery watched his video, looked at still photos on here and I thought I was all set to go. I know you tell me that I should use this tech. This is getting too frustrating. 😖

--------------------
Progress not perfection.

OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

#27109443 - 12/26/20 07:40 PM (28 days, 20 hours ago)

Yea i get how vids help see how people move and stuff like that.

If you're looking to be close to that tek but do it right then you're either looking for pf tek(brown rice flour & verm that you shoot spores into)
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24179086

or you would have to do a real grain tek(like oats, rye, wbs; NOT RICE) after cleaning a culture on agar and innoc the jars with that. No shooting spores into straight grains, it fails too much.

OfflineErnieErgot67
Apprentice
Male User Gallery

#27109523 - 12/26/20 08:31 PM (28 days, 19 hours ago)

What does the PF mean? And is that what I should type in the search engine? And when you say fail what do you mean? It gets contaminated or it doesn’t  germinate?

--------------------
Progress not perfection.

OfflineErnieErgot67
Apprentice
Male User Gallery

#27109526 - 12/26/20 08:32 PM (28 days, 19 hours ago)

And not BRF. I wanted to use whole brown rice

I just saw it. You said not to use brown rice but do use real grain.
So if I change my grain can I use that same tek? The same tek that I watched on YouTube?
But if I do that then I have to learn how to make agar? Correct?

--------------------
Progress not perfection.

Edited by ErnieErgot67 (12/26/20 08:40 PM)

OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

#27109549 - 12/26/20 08:45 PM (28 days, 19 hours ago)

PF stands for Psilocybe Fanaticus, an og grower that invented the basics of the tek. PF tek is synonymous with brf cakes.

When i say fail, i mean roughly on average half of jars done with spores straight to grain will become mold and never make a single fruit. The rest will most likely be bacterial and maybe produce or contam out.

Do you have a blender? Blend your whole rice into flour(that's how i do it). Trying to use whole rice is ridiculous, please trust me. It doesn't perform like a real grain and is a waste of money. It's nearly impossible to shake cooked rice and you can buy a 50lb bag of oats at a feed store for about $20 depending on season.

I strongly suggest you follow the link i gave and make brf jars, or we can start talking about agar and prepping real grains. I personally like pf tek as a starting point because it's simple and the process is shorter. Gives you a chance to learn the fruiting process before diving into agar and big grain batches.

Edited by LtLurker (12/26/20 08:47 PM)

OfflineErnieErgot67
Apprentice
Male User Gallery

#27109590 - 12/26/20 09:16 PM (28 days, 18 hours ago)

Ok LT. I will take your advice and listen to you. The only thing that sucks is that I have liquid spores on their way. Like they’re in the mail as we speak. And I already went and bought everything and get my confidence up and feel comfortable about doing this tech that I have been talking about. Now I have to go re-learn this new one that you sent me. LOL. You sold me when you use the word “we”

--------------------
Progress not perfection.

OfflineErnieErgot67
Apprentice
Male User Gallery

#27109596 - 12/26/20 09:19 PM (28 days, 18 hours ago)

However to be 100% honest with you I would much rather go out and buy a pressure cooker and do it the right way and make a bigger batch in the #12 shoe box. I already have the Coco core the vermiculite in the Gypsum distill airbox, the alcohol, the spray bottles 12 1 quart mason jars

--------------------
Progress not perfection.

InvisiblefahtsterM
Now With 33%More Faht
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #27109601 - 12/26/20 09:23 PM (28 days, 18 hours ago)

I second LT’s solid advice.  Pf tek is much safer for spore syringes.  Definitely a great place to start so you can get some experience and some fruits

Edit: if you have the means.. definitely get a pressure cooker... do both grains and pf tek.  Hedge your bets

Faht

Edited by fahtster (12/26/20 09:25 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Gypsum, Hot Plate, Pressure Cooker, Rye Grain, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started