Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTripleB
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Michigan
Psilocybe semilanceata question?
    #2708814 - 05/20/04 10:44 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

hey, do u grow Psilocybe Semilanceata (Liberty Caps) the same as a regular cube? or do they need certain things like azur's??

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineempath
I feel you

Loc: Seattle
Re: Psilocybe semilanceata question? [Re: TripleB]
    #2709724 - 05/21/04 01:46 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

All I know is that they grow on grass not dung and where to look for them during the season. I have never heard or read of anyone attempting to grow indoors and getting prints from them is a little more complicated.

--------------------
"It tastes like burning"-Ralph Wiggum

OfflineRoger_irrelevant
War's boring,change thechannel!

#2709773 - 05/21/04 02:07 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Best suited to outdoor growing I think, though I'm no expert. The liberty cap requires a colder climate to grow, so unless you're prepared to setup some kind of cold room/refridgeration growing outdoors is the only option. It's alot easier to produce constant heat rather than cold. Outdoor beds would probably be quite straight forward, just let nature take it's course.

--------------------
We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams...

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: Psilocybe semilanceata question? [Re: Roger_irrelevant]
    #2709946 - 05/21/04 03:30 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Ive had success with growing colder temp mushrooms by buying a mini-fridge and keeping it at the lowest temperature setting. Ive done cyans this way but havent attempted to grow libertys yet.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

OfflineRoger_irrelevant

Re: Psilocybe semilanceata question? [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #2710159 - 05/21/04 06:39 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

What kind of yields did you get from that mini setup? Lib mycelium doesn't push out large amounts of shrooms in nature but I guess in the lab under optimal conditions this would change. Pans seem the better option if looking for high yield high potency shrooms grown within the same parameters as cubensis. But If semilenceata growing is what you want to acomplish regardless of these points then go for it and all the best

--------------------

OfflineTripleB
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

#2710538 - 05/21/04 10:09 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

so nobody has answered my ? LOL.. do i grow them like Azurs?... or wut?... thats wut im guessing ... ill need a mini fridge, and they dont produce much yield... ok, is that info right?

OfflineRoger_irrelevant

#2711767 - 05/21/04 03:00 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

How are you gonna grow them like azures? Azures are wood lovers, libs are not...Your question wasn't clear enough to answer in any more detail.

--------------------

OfflineTripleB
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

#2712020 - 05/21/04 04:11 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

i wanted to know if they grew on wood.. so i got that answered... now, since they dont grow on WOOD then they DO grow just like cubes, only a temp. difference, that is my question? or do they need more than manure or straw, or do they need straight DIRT/GRASS i heard? ...

OfflineRiceCake

Loc: UK
    #2714038 - 05/22/04 05:03 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I'm no expert, but I was interested in Liberty Caps because they grow every where over here. From what I've read, they are very hard to grow, just about the hardest of the lot. IMHO I think no one is answering you because no one has actually grown them successfully.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #2714304 - 05/22/04 09:47 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

as

Anonymous

Re: Psilocybe semilanceata question? [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #2714339 - 05/22/04 09:58 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

ah thank you for that tid bit. Would it be wise to maybe spawn to sedge grass clumps in fields? Oh and sawdust works well for producing spawn with this species.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom