Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
help me, i messed up my extraction.
    #2708750 - 05/21/04 12:34 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

so i was extraction some salvinorin. i was on my 3rd and final naptha wash when i had an idea, instead of evaopratoing the naptha, add ethanol and seperate the layers, well for some reason there was no seperation into layers....

so now i am evaporating the whole thing in a warm water bath. have i ruined my extraction, or can i go on with it after the evaporation?

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecherokee
tennis shoes
Male User Gallery

Loc: Nationwide Flag
Re: help me, i messed up my extraction. [Re: ZippoZ]
    #2710164 - 05/21/04 08:41 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Maybe you're not looking close enough, because ethanol and napatha are immiscible. How long did you wait for the layers to seperate? Sometimes it can take a while.

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #2710801 - 05/21/04 01:34 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

did you form an emulsion?

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: help me, i messed up my extraction. [Re: neuro]
    #2713343 - 05/22/04 01:12 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

i didnt wait more than 15 minutes. although in hindsight i should have poured it all in my sep funnel and waited. but i did'nt

after the mixing, i evaporated everything untill all that was left was a green powder (very dry no moisture remained).. i then combined the powder with 10 ml of DMSO.

is there any reason that testing this extract in DMSO solution would not be safe?

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

#2714594 - 05/22/04 02:06 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

as said in the PM i will tell you here:

Well, I have worked with DMSO a few times. Just experimenting with certain RC's like 2-aminoindan. One time I accidentally had a bit left on my skin then used superglue and ended up almost hurting myself because I could TASTE the superglue. IT CAN be dangerous if handled incorrectly. I actually have taken shots (orall shots.. not IV) of it. My herbalist friend had me take a shot and it made my mouth VERY warm but after doing research I have found it to have Some toxicity.

Basically you just want to use caution when working with it. If the extract is in fact soluble in DMSO (do a bit of research it SHOULD be but i dunno) then it should obsorb into the solution and obsorb into your skin. I would research where the best place on your body would be to get the maximum obsorbtion rate. I would also check out the DMT forums at DMT world because I am almost positive that this has been covered many times there.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden