Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinepsikooz
Stranger
Loc: Los Angeles
Gaia, mushrooms, and you!
    #2708738 - 05/20/04 10:32 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I am now a strong believer of Gaia. I believe that planet earth is a collective conciousness, and part of that conciousness is us, Humans! Ever piece of life that exists on this planet is part of gaia. Humans are the most "concious" part, so we are expected to do the most work to help maintain a balance. Te majority of present day man has gone off on an evil tangent that has detrsoyed the natural connection that we share with our enviroment, or better put, our connection with Gaia! During the sixties "hippies" started expermineting with psychedelics like LSD and espescially psilocybin mushrooms. Out of these experiences we found people that cared more about helping earth than gaining power and possesion. This was the beginng of the evolutionary reconnection with Gaia! The psilocybin mushroom exists as part of Gaia to help man re establish the connection! The mushroom exists so that those that have destinies of great prevelance, can find there path and be re assured that they will succeed.

My "god" is gaia. I put my faith into gaia, i know that i have a purpose and i will not "die" untill it is full filled. If you put your faith in gaia, for the good of all life, gaia will protect you, i believe it.

throug the mushroom dampened channells of communication with the spirit of earth are reoppened so that we can go back and restablish an equilibrium.

Gaia has a purpose for you, what is your purpose?

peace and love and happiness.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Gaia, mushrooms, and you! [Re: psikooz]
    #2708804 - 05/20/04 10:42 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

so what led to this revelation?

--------------------

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
    #2708809 - 05/20/04 10:43 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

usually i'm all hostile and anti-hippy, however i must say i agree with everything you said.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Offlinepsikooz
Stranger
Re: Gaia, mushrooms, and you! [Re: truekimbo2]
    #2708823 - 05/20/04 10:45 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

What led to this revalation was a beutiful trip on a beautiful beach last sunday. IT was as if Gaia channeled all of its energy into me and showed me the truth, and what i must do and what not, come trip with me, ill show you.

OfflinePositronius
playboy

Loc: montreal-vancouver-tokyo
    #2708997 - 05/20/04 11:18 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------
and you know it like a poet, like....babydoll

OfflinePHARMAKOS
addict
Re: Gaia, mushrooms, and you! [Re: Positronius]
    #2709179 - 05/20/04 11:55 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Ah the sweet silence...
finally someone follows the old saying "if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all"
thanks positronius
:thumbup:

anyways, yeah man GAIA. For sure.
seriously though i think we are all capable of transcending, at least temporarily, the illusion of seperateness or individuality and reaquire a sense of the cosmic conciousness.

No better way that tripping either.
THank god i have a half ounce in my backpack right now
:grin:

one thing tho: "if we trust in gaia she will take care of us"
yes and no. What is good for gaia is good for us, in a long term, bigger picture sense.

In the small picture sense, no matter how much you trust in gaia, you will die. Thats part of the deal.

:tongue:

OfflinePositronius
playboy

Re: Gaia, mushrooms, and you! [Re: PHARMAKOS]
    #2709214 - 05/20/04 11:59 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Ah the sweet silence...
finally someone follows the old saying "if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all"
thanks positronius

----wow, could you get any more condescending? if you are going to be THAT pretentious, at least do it with style, you sound like a school marm.

I have lots to say, but whats the point? logic and creative understanding are always defeated by dogmatic faith.

--------------------

OfflinePHARMAKOS
addict
    #2709379 - 05/21/04 12:26 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

um, sorry dude i really wasnt aiming to be condescending. That was sincere. I could tell that you had a problem with this thread, and thats fine, but i honestly apreciate that you just stayed out of it and left it for those who choose to discuss it.

I seriously think we all need to follow that axiom more on this thread.

again, sorry if that came off as insulting...
re: "is this forum founded on miscommunication?"

:heart:

OfflinePositronius
playboy

Re: Gaia, mushrooms, and you! [Re: PHARMAKOS]
    #2709399 - 05/21/04 12:30 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

complete misinterpretation on my part. my baaad.

ahhh, this is an example of "seek and you shall find"

--------------------

InvisibleNariusFractal
Sat Chit Ananda
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #2709556 - 05/21/04 01:07 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Yah I picked up on your sincerity Pharmakos, and considered it a show of respect actually towards positronius. Typed words are often falling short of the mark they were aimed towards.

--------------------
You are the microcosm of the macrocosm.

InvisibleMr_Gubjet

Loc: Infinitus Kosmos
    #2709805 - 05/21/04 02:26 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

psikooz said:
I am now a strong believer of Gaia. I believe that planet earth is a collective conciousness, and part of that conciousness is us, Humans! Ever piece of life that exists on this planet is part of gaia. Humans are the most "concious" part, so we are expected to do the most work to help maintain a balance. Te majority of present day man has gone off on an evil tangent that has detrsoyed the natural connection that we share with our enviroment, or better put, our connection with Gaia! During the sixties "hippies" started expermineting with psychedelics like LSD and espescially psilocybin mushrooms. Out of these experiences we found people that cared more about helping earth than gaining power and possesion. This was the beginng of the evolutionary reconnection with Gaia! The psilocybin mushroom exists as part of Gaia to help man re establish the connection! The mushroom exists so that those that have destinies of great prevelance, can find there path and be re assured that they will succeed.

My "god" is gaia. I put my faith into gaia, i know that i have a purpose and i will not "die" untill it is full filled. If you put your faith in gaia, for the good of all life, gaia will protect you, i believe it.

throug the mushroom dampened channells of communication with the spirit of earth are reoppened so that we can go back and restablish an equilibrium.

You can call God whatever you want, all that matter that it has the same meaning. This Gaia would be what people call Source, God or Force. This consciousness would be the Space itself.

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2709961 - 05/21/04 03:36 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Yep.

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
    #2710045 - 05/21/04 04:37 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

While my last travels with brother shroom, I again and again had time gaps, when I got very 'deep' in touch with gaya. And I mean that in a very literal and earthy way. Hard to explain even. It went about the materiel 'earth', worms, mold, slime, muddiness, slow growth and moving, the shromies itself growing like worms,grave,seduction, resting, peace, half-light, low air, dumb, bassy..
It was not that bad, as it may sound. But in a way, before it could get to 'comfy', I was very released and happy to get my way back towards more air and light :smile:
So that leads out to the other big big part of wholeness. And to remain in the same abstraction-pattern like 'mother gaya', it's the father 'sun'. Another symbolic expression of the godly power to unite the male and the female forces to make better completion.
After the trips I often feel like reborn out of earth and spirit. Somehow rerooted. Enjoyingly calling for the light, in deep respect with the 'feeding' and 'receiving' nature earth our big mother gaya.
I often think about the good old school of arcadic magic, with its earth,water, air and fire system, like coins (shield), cups, sword and staff, and so on.
This gives very big conclusions...

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

Offlinepsikooz
Stranger
Re: Gaia, mushrooms, and you! [Re: BlueCoyote]
    #2710260 - 05/21/04 07:45 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I am not worried about death, i accept death as a part of my life, but i understand that Gaia has a purpose for me, and that untill i fullfill my destiny, i wont die.

peace and love

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #2711318 - 05/21/04 01:13 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

dr margulis comments:
www.wholeearthmag.com/ArticlesBin/200.html

~

hmmm, & dr capra once mentioned being on the beach whilst under the influence of power plant stuff & feeling the cosmic dance of energy flux zipping through him (& thus wrote _the tao of physics_ )

~
what an interesting little corner of the universe you carbon life forms have going on here...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Anonymous

#2711325 - 05/21/04 01:16 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

One of the best things I like about tripping on mushrooms is that "organic" feeling where I can feel our planet as a living entity. Everything around me also seems to take on this quality, as if everything that comes from Earth is a part of its being. Even electronic equipment takes on an organic, earthy quality. In a sense, everything is "alive" at some level.

As for reconnecting with Gaia, the first step is realizing that you are a part of the planet rather than separate from it. We are not supposed to have dominion over the earth, but integrate ourselves into it.

Offlinepsikooz
Stranger
Re: Gaia, mushrooms, and you! [Re: ]
    #2711890 - 05/21/04 03:34 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

very good stuff, keep it up.

OfflineFortunando
Space Rasta
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jolly Roger Flag
    #9813985 - 02/17/09 12:21 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

psikooz said:

I also believe all of what you have said. Gaia is mother of all. She is sending warning to us through mushrooms and LSD. (which is a type of fungus grown on rye)Many humans hurt the earth every day and the many that have noticed the cries of Gaia are called "druggies" or "hippies". LSD-25 was made illegal by the government for several reasons regarding their control over people. lSD started a peace revolution that brought down the ways of control and brought forth a peaceful anarchy that met an early end.

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
    #9814133 - 02/17/09 12:56 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

"During the sixties "hippies" started expermineting with psychedelics like LSD and espescially psilocybin mushrooms. Out of these experiences we found people that cared more about helping earth than gaining power and possesion. This was the beginng of the evolutionary reconnection with Gaia!"

People have been using psychedelic mushrooms since before civilization; I'd say that civilization disconnected us from "Gaia", and that the 60's psychedelic fueled counter-culture movement was a step towards reuniting with "Gaia".

"My "god" is gaia."

Then what is "Gaia's" God?

"Gaia has a purpose for you, what is your purpose?"

To be alive for as long as possible. :mushroom2:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

OfflineAlmond Flour
...get off my lawn!
Male

#9814206 - 02/17/09 01:13 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

While out Solo shrooming I had a very in depth conversation with a Christan fellow I found walking his dog. He pointed out a very strong point that I feel a connection twords. I asked why is it wrong in his eyes to worship the earth. He replied because you are worshiping Gods Creation......not God himself

Thats good you have found something to put your faith in. However considering that everything on Earth (or Gaia as you call it) is temporary....your object of worship is temporary as well. I personally do not see Gaia worthy of worship. I am thankful that it provides everything I need to sustain life, however to worship it is equivalent to worshiping the bowl of cereal I had for breakfast :shrug:

And as for the Hippie's and the psychedelic revolution was just another extreme taken to its breaking point. Yes being a conservative Christian out to exploit the earth doesnt do any good. But does tripping balls 24/7 and sitting on your ass contributing nothing to society help either?

Balance, my friend.....balance :yinyang2:

--------------------
Hippies and Liberals love Pope Francis, so why dont I quote him for you guys. "There is NO SALVATION outside the Catholic Church" :morningtoke:

Edited by Almond Flour (02/17/09 01:17 PM)

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #9814217 - 02/17/09 01:15 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

psikooz said:

I would love to believe all this if it only made sense to me but it doesn't. Humans have always been brutal and power hungry as far as history shows. And there has always been a small steady percentage that is not inclined that way. I don't think that balance has ever changed much and there is no evidence that it is about to now. There is plenty of wishful thinking however and I understand why perfectly. To think that our brutish nature rules the day and always will is frankly, to me, an ugly, frightening thought. But it is what I think. I think eventually our little light will blink for that last moment and then go out forever. And if life is how it appears I think that may be for the best.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Offlinebmy
Stranger to myself
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Planet Earth
Re: Gaia, mushrooms, and you! [Re: Poid]
    #9814460 - 02/17/09 01:54 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

"My "god" is gaia."

Then what is "Gaia's" God?

The sun of course :smile:

I don't think he ment god in the usual religious sense. Anything that your life depends on and you love, you could call your god.

"Gaia has a purpose for you, what is your purpose?"

To be alive for as long as possible. :mushroom2:

To enjoy life as much as possible, and to share this joy with as many as possible.

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Gaia, mushrooms, and you! [Re: bmy]
    #9814469 - 02/17/09 01:56 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

"The sun of course :smile:"

To that I would ask, "Then what is the sun's God?". :smirk:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Offlinebmy
Stranger to myself
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Planet Earth
Re: Gaia, mushrooms, and you! [Re: Poid]
    #9814805 - 02/17/09 02:55 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I was considering writing that in my previous post, but I figured I would be better of giving my definition of a god instead. Since we could otherwise go on forever saying "and what would be Xs god?". A god is a subjective matter, so only something which can have a subjective opinion could say it has a god. I'm pretty damn sure the sun is not consious nad thus has no god. I'm personaly also sure that the eco-system (aka Gaia) hasn't got any opinions either, and thus has no god. My sun god was a joke :smile:

I do really like the Gaia consept though. It's healthy, and we would be better of if more people believed in it. (I personaly don't believ that the planet has an intension, but I like the philosophy and life style - don't use more resources than you need [aka, don't be greedy]).

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Gaia, mushrooms, and you! [Re: bmy]
    #9814837 - 02/17/09 03:02 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I see. :wink:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds