Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinewolf8312
Pennywise
 User Gallery

COVID-19 hearing/Professor asks for review
    #27085369 - 12/12/20 09:43 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

I am posting this here as I think it is vital that people see this while being important and worrying enough that it deserves not to be buried beneath a thousand other posts in the Covid chat thread. I think people will agree if they watch the video that it most certainly is important enough to warrant its own thread.

A description is provided as requested (although I would have happily provided this before had you asked me rather than immediately locking the other thread Enlil).

The video shows Pierre Kory, M.D., Associate Professor calling into question the need for new vaccines and citing research into other drugs that he claims are effective in treating Covid while lambasting the governments refusal to support him and his team. Well he'll explain better than I ever could...

Pierre Kory, M.D., Associate Professor delivers passionate testimony during the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee hearing on "Early Outpatient Treatment: An Essential Part of a COVID-19 Solution, Part II."

I think people will find what he is saying both worrying and compelling. Check out the end of the video as well! There's your BLM! It has only ever been a cynical sham in my opinion.

Thanks

--------------------
"I'm every nightmare you ever had. I am your worst dreams come true. I am everything you ever were afraid of."

Pennywise the dancing clown

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
Re: COVID-19 hearing/Professor asks for review [Re: wolf8312]
    #27085486 - 12/12/20 10:59 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Interesting video.

In summary, Dr Peter Cory (University of Wisconsin) says there is data showing that ivermectin has proven to be an extremely effective prophylactic against Covid-19.

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Invisiblenatedawgnow
Rocky mountain hood rat
 User Gallery

Loc: ation
Re: COVID-19 hearing/Professor asks for review [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 2
    #27085942 - 12/12/20 03:11 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Oh so now you know what prophylactic means :rolleyes:

--------------------

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: COVID-19 hearing/Professor asks for review [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #27086023 - 12/12/20 04:10 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Interesting video.

In summary, Dr Peter Cory (University of Wisconsin) says there is data showing that ivermectin has proven to be an extremely effective prophylactic against Covid-19.

No

Sounds like more Q lunacy

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Edited by koods (12/12/20 04:13 PM)

InvisiblefeeversM
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: COVID-19 hearing/Professor asks for review [Re: koods]
    #27086036 - 12/12/20 04:26 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-afs:Content:9768999400

Unfortunately many doctors don’t have the greatest research skills. Positive results from in vitro studies do not at all mean something will work in vivo. I could pick a random supplement or chemical out of my closet and have a decent chance it could show promising in vitro results against a virus.

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #27086050 - 12/12/20 04:34 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

feevers said:

From your article:  “We need to get much more data before we can say this is a definitive treatment”

Quote:

koods said:
No

Do you have the "much more data" that is needed showing it doesn't work?

I'm not saying it does, I just summarized the video, but I won't just make believe it doesn't work either like you do.  That's not science.  :shrug:

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 hearing/Professor asks for review [Re: feevers] * 1
    #27086054 - 12/12/20 04:37 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Doctors absolutely overestimate their abilities. And then you get the 10% or so that just want to scam people like zelenko.

There is a proper way to do science and political hearings are not the way

This is the Forthysia subplot from outbreak

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 hearing/Professor asks for review [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #27086056 - 12/12/20 04:38 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

feevers said:

From your article:  “We need to get much more data before we can say this is a definitive treatment”

Quote:

koods said:
No

I'm not saying it does, I just summarized the video, but I won't just make believe it doesn't work either like you do.  That's not science.  :shrug:

It doesn’t work

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#27086067 - 12/12/20 04:41 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Scammers push off patent drugs all the time because they can be awarded a new patent if by some miracle the shit works.m

Healthcare is full of grifters

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Edited by koods (12/12/20 04:42 PM)

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: COVID-19 hearing/Professor asks for review [Re: koods] * 1
    #27086069 - 12/12/20 04:41 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:

It doesn’t work

Ah, make believe.  As usual.

--------------------

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 hearing/Professor asks for review [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 2
    #27086077 - 12/12/20 04:47 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Lol come on dude. He went to a political hearing wearing a lab coat. That is just a silly appeal to authority.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

InvisiblefeeversM
Male

#27086100 - 12/12/20 05:04 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

feevers said:

No, you’re misinterpreting the quote and how this kind of research works if you think that’s necessary. We don’t say something works just because we haven’t yet proved that it doesn’t. Once we have proof that something works, that’s when we say it works. This drug is not there yet and likely never will be.

In vitro and preliminary studies lead to all sorts of media twists and “miracle cure” pushers like this guy. At this point there is more preliminary evidence that smoking cigarettes is an effective prophylactic than there is for this drug. This guy is almost certainly a charlatan who either lacks research skills/knowledge or more likely is grifting.

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: COVID-19 hearing/Professor asks for review [Re: feevers]
    #27086242 - 12/12/20 06:29 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

feevers said:
Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:

No, you’re misinterpreting the quote and how this kind of research works if you think that’s necessary. We don’t say something works just because we haven’t yet proved that it doesn’t. Once we have proof that something works, that’s when we say it works. This drug is not there yet...

Yes, I know and I already agreed with that.

Quote:

feevers said:
...and likely never will be.

Now HERE'S where I need your expertise.

After a study in Argentina on 1200 healthcare workers, 800 of whom were given ivermectin and didn't get Covid, 400 of whom didn't get ivermectin of which over 50% caught Covid, PLUS four new studies on 1,500 people showing similar results, how do you know it likely will never work?

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: COVID-19 hearing/Professor asks for review [Re: koods] * 1
    #27086247 - 12/12/20 06:31 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Lol come on dude. He went to a political hearing wearing a lab coat. That is just a silly appeal to authority.

Did anyone here claim he is right because of his lab coat?  :flowstone:

--------------------

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

Loc: Galactic sector ZZ9 Plura...
    #27086268 - 12/12/20 06:46 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

koods said:

Did anyone here claim he is right because of his lab coat?  :flowstone:

Makes me question why Fauci doesn't show up in a lab coat.

--------------------
The Italian researchers’ findings, published by the INT’s scientific magazine Tumori Journal, show 11.6% of 959 healthy volunteers enrolled in a lung cancer screening trial between September 2019 and March 2020 had developed coronavirus antibodies well before February.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-italy-timing-idUSKBN27V0KF

This online first version has been peer-reviewed, accepted and edited,  but not formatted and finalized with corrections from authors and proofreaders

https://www.icandecide.org/

Offlinewolf8312
Pennywise
 User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 hearing/Professor asks for review [Re: HamHead] * 2
    #27086504 - 12/12/20 11:15 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Interesting that certain (left wing/liberal?) members of this political forum would immediately seek to attack the integrity of a doctor who is working on the front-lines saving lives!

A man fighting for and watching his patients die on a daily basis is predictably but much more worryingly immediately branded a dishonest charlatan or loon by some (themselves very dubious) posters on an internet forum with no medical training and lets be honest no idea if what this highly qualified professor is saying is actually correct or not! Nah lets just smear him!

And what hard hitting evidence do they propose exposes this dastardly and cowardly money grubbing charlatan?

He was wearing a lab coat!

--------------------
"I'm every nightmare you ever had. I am your worst dreams come true. I am everything you ever were afraid of."

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #27086518 - 12/12/20 11:34 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

I wonder if the big pharma vaccine companies are trying to keep this story down?  The establishment media doesn't seem interested.  :shrug:

--------------------

Offlinewolf8312
Pennywise
 User Gallery

#27086559 - 12/13/20 12:32 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
I wonder if the big pharma vaccine companies are trying to keep this story down?  The establishment media doesn't seem interested.  :shrug:

If there is indeed any truth to what he is saying (I found him pretty convincing) I would think almost certainly. How much is this new vaccine going to cost Americans does anyone have an inkling yet?

--------------------

InvisiblefeeversM
Male

#27086771 - 12/13/20 06:04 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:]
Now HERE'S where I need your expertise.

After a study in Argentina on 1200 healthcare workers, 800 of whom were given ivermectin and didn't get Covid, 400 of whom didn't get ivermectin of which over 50% caught Covid, PLUS four new studies on 1,500 people showing similar results, how do you know it likely will never work?

Do you have a link to the study. I checked the usual databases and couldn't find that one. If it's new I haven't seen it yet, if it's the old one that was getting passed around frequently the data was not reliable and the study has been pulled. A physician at my wife's hospital was actually a co-author on the paper and hes the one who requested it be pulled, not sure if its the one you're referring to though.

Quote:

"One of the most influential studies on ivermectin’s effect in COVID-19 patients was a large observational study that used a database owned by Surgisphere, a now-discredited Illinois-based company founded by vascular surgeon Sapan Desai. That study, published on the preprint server SSRN in early April and updated a couple weeks later, reported a strong positive association between ivermectin treatment and COVID-19 patient survival, and has been cited in white papers and reports by Latin American health researchers and governments as evidence of the drug’s efficacy

But the preprint disappeared at the end of May after scientists began pointing out problems with Surgisphere’s dataset—which by that point had been used in high-profile studies published in the New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM) and The Lancet. Both journals issued retractions earlier this month after Desai’s coauthors said they were unable to verify the validity of Surgisphere’s COVID-19 patient data. Investigations by The Scientist and The Guardian also revealed discrepancies in Surgisphere’s claims going back years, and the company’s website has now been taken offline. Desai did not respond to multiple requests for comment from The Scientist."

https://www.the-scientist.com/news-opinion/surgisphere-sows-confusion-about-another-unproven-covid19-drug-67635

If the drug works, that's incredible and I'm happy to be wrong. The problem is that this exact same scenario has played out with handfuls of drugs already. In-vitro studies are miraculous, observational studies look promising, then the drug's efficacy falls apart once it's put to a more rigorous test. Because of COVID these studies that have large and dangerous flaws get published on an accelerated schedule before data is verified and peer review is completed. Until I see blinded rct's or more verifiable data from respected researchers, it makes no sense to think this drug will be any different from the other miracle drugs.

COVID acts in such a way that it seems very unlikely that standard/safe doses of any drug not specifically developed for the virus will act as an effective prophylactic, most drugs that have shown results are given to already sick people in large doses in hospital settings. Data in the in vitro studies suggest that even a dose 10x what the FDA recommends as safe had results that were below the effective/therapeutic level.

Results from one study found that standard doses of ivermectin in humans showed no effect with COVID on either a clinical level or a microbiological level.
https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0242184

InvisiblefeeversM
Male

#27086788 - 12/13/20 06:21 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

wolf8312 said:
Interesting that certain (left wing/liberal?) members of this political forum would immediately seek to attack the integrity of a doctor who is working on the front-lines saving lives!

A man fighting for and watching his patients die on a daily basis is predictably but much more worryingly immediately branded a dishonest charlatan or loon by some (themselves very dubious) posters on an internet forum with no medical training and lets be honest no idea if what this highly qualified professor is saying is actually correct or not! Nah lets just smear him!

And what hard hitting evidence do they propose exposes this dastardly and cowardly money grubbing charlatan?

He was wearing a lab coat!

So not only do you easily believe unfounded claims, but you spout them as well.

Anyting that goes against your narrow view of reality is liberal propaganda, right? Taking cues from Trump I see. I totally trust your judgement on analyzing medical reserach. I'm sure you have a PhD in Youtube.

Please tell me how you know about my medical and research background. Where am I working right now? I'll give you a hint, it involves a hazmat suit at the moment.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder