Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedryinidae
Stranger
Beginners
    #27083609 - 12/11/20 10:40 AM (2 months, 22 days ago)

Few years ago I tried 24 half pints and 9 contaminated and with the rest I got a rather meager yield; enough for four viewings.  This fall; armed with more info from here and far better sterilization procedures I tried again. Armed with Lilshops 4 for 40(they are GREAT) and 30 half pints(none contaminated) my yield was just shy of 1000 gr fresh, 90 dry. Pretty basic setup.  Just perlite in storage tubs.  Cakes set directly on perlite. Seems like a very good yield to me.  I learned alot and feel I could get far more next time.

I know nobody with a similar interest with whom I could exchange ideas for improvement. These are strictly for personal use with friends.

Quick history:  For over thirty years I self taught myself Mycology and can go mushroom hunting and safely pick 130-140 spp for my wife and I to eat.  Sold alot to restaurants where I lived in New England as extra cash.  Even found Psilocybe caerulipes a few times.  I understand the cycle for fungi well.

I guess the only question I have to you veterans is "Was that a fair, good, great , or outstanding yield as this seemed good to me and I was very satified, especially 0 contamination.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFrostyStipe

Re: Beginners [Re: dryinidae]
    #27084698 - 12/11/20 10:24 PM (2 months, 21 days ago)

Quote:

dryinidae said:
this seemed good to me and I was very satified, especially 0 contamination.

Seems good to me too.

The rough estimate I've seen is weight in grams of fresh fruits divided by dry substrate x 100 = biological efficiency.

"Biological efficiency" is the term you'd want to search to find more in depth discussion.

I'm no expert, but hopefully that points you in the right direction or bumps your post for someone else to comment.

--------------------
1% tripping balls 99% doing dishes

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started