Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleReaperZero
Nobody from nowhere
 User Gallery

1st hybrid attempt, please help! (AA+ / Azurescens)
    #27078295 - 12/08/20 07:20 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

I took my first stab at crossing 2 strains. AA+ & Azurescens. I'm not sure if there's a 3rd new culture growing or what, & if so is my time limited to take samples? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

These first few photos are from yesterday but i didnt take any with the lid off (they're blurry/awful), bear with me!

These were taken today. I didnt get a chance to look at the cultures for several hours, when i looked at it this morning the cultures were even closer. The circled part is the part in question but it looks like the culture its emerging from?

No agents were used for this experiment, in future trials i plan on trying niacin (first), then possibly considering snake venom if I ever get my hands on semilanceata spores.

Lastly, THIS is the embarassing bit but.... I foolishly didn't bother marking which was which, is anyone able to tell by the mycelium? Thanks in advance folks!

--------------------
-Zero-

Edited by ReaperZero (12/08/20 07:32 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: 1st hybrid attempt, please help! (AA+ / Azurescens) [Re: ReaperZero]
    #27078938 - 12/08/20 03:25 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

AA+ is a cubensis variety.

Ps. Azurescens is a completely different species.

This has no chance of working. You need two species more closely related and even then you're honestly probably in no position to cross species.

You can cross varieties of the same species. They're not hybrids though sometimes they're called that

--------------------
Welcome to the Advanced Mycology Forum

Bod's Library    Article behind a paywall? I can try to get it for you

InvisibleReaperZero
Nobody from nowhere
 User Gallery

Re: 1st hybrid attempt, please help! (AA+ / Azurescens) [Re: bodhisatta]
    #27079662 - 12/08/20 10:46 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Ya, i know this attempt is about as farfetched as it gets (like trying to cross a banana with a dog). I also have a plate with B+ / Panaeolus Tropicalis & another with Azurescens / Cyanescens (none of those have a zone of inhibition formed yet though). Planning on trying other combinations once i make more agar , including some cube/cube attempts which is probably where i should've STARTED, but it's the least 'interesting' to me. My 'hope' with the cube/azure madness is simple. I'm mostly wanting to pass on albino/leucistic traits to azurescens (if this is even possible im sure theres a far more logical approach?). These experiments are honestly just 'practice' though, the main species i  wanna cross is semilanceata (elusive son of a gun with vendors), (with a warmer growing species maybe). For future trials i plan on using bigger containers for more growing room, MARKING the strains & 'planning' on total failure & just using the plates as agar dishes for whatever 2 species are on it. I'm going to try MEA, cornmeal agar, & both with nicotinic acid added. I'm definitely trying stuff far beyond my comprehension / understanding levels but that isn't going to stop me. For now it's just 'madness' but if the day comes where i have the proper ingredients (semilanceata, venom perhaps, & whichever species i wanna try crossing it with) I might try to enlist in some help. I set very high goals for myself in this hobby, the main 2 being crossing any 2 notable species (not a varietal hybrid) & the other being successful indoor semilanceata growing. Without ridiculous challenges / mad science it just wouldn't be as fun to me.

--------------------
-Zero-

Offlinejomanda1990
Ewewazos
Male User Gallery

Loc: Argentina Flag
Re: 1st hybrid attempt, please help! (AA+ / Azurescens) [Re: ReaperZero]
    #27080176 - 12/09/20 09:56 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

For the hybrid to ever occur it should be possible for both monokaryon of the different species to couple. This is not possible between different species because of the proteins that have to be interlocked and the chemical receptors on the cell membrane that have to be activated in what's likely to be a complex chemical signaling cascade. Otherwise, there won't be genetic exchange between both species and thus no hybrid.
Sorry but this seems too unfeasible IMO. As Bod suggests, you should at least try with species that are overly genetically similar to begin with.
On the other hand, if you want to cross stuff, crossing cubensis varieties WILL give you actual results.

Anyhow, good luck

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale