Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Ayahuasca, Hemp

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineStudy The CNS
Anecdotal Subtext

Is CBG the Next CBD? Doctors Weigh In on the 'Mother' of All Cannabinoids
    #27079858 - 12/09/20 05:16 AM (1 month, 8 days ago)

--------------------
Stephen King's The Stand

Episode 1 ---Dec 17, 2020

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLeafRaker
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Is CBG the Next CBD? Doctors Weigh In on the 'Mother' of All Cannabinoids [Re: Study The CNS] * 1
    #27080039 - 12/09/20 10:00 AM (1 month, 8 days ago)

So much of what's called 'Science' is actually marketing.

Who knows what the 'most beneficial cannabanoid' really is?

Offlinedrliquidglitch
Stranger

Re: Is CBG the Next CBD? Doctors Weigh In on the 'Mother' of All Cannabinoids [Re: LeafRaker]
    #27080297 - 12/09/20 01:08 PM (1 month, 8 days ago)

I enjoy high CBG flower, love the cerebral feeling it brings. When I discovered you could legally buy CBG-only strains it was a great day.

Offlinesearching
Male User Gallery

Re: Is CBG the Next CBD? Doctors Weigh In on the 'Mother' of All Cannabinoids [Re: LeafRaker]
    #27080828 - 12/09/20 06:56 PM (1 month, 8 days ago)

Quote:

LeafRaker said:
So much of what's called 'Science' is actually marketing.

Who knows what the 'most beneficial cannabanoid' really is?

Don't judge science off of a Newsweek article. This is just the article spinning it as "the mother of all cannabinoids".

--------------------

InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: Is CBG the Next CBD? Doctors Weigh In on the 'Mother' of All Cannabinoids [Re: searching]
    #27080871 - 12/09/20 07:24 PM (1 month, 8 days ago)

They are calling it the mother of all cannabinoids not because of its effects, but because in the cannabis plant it is the precursor to all the other common cannabinoids.

Quote:

CBG (full name: cannabigerol) is "'sometimes called 'mother cannabinoid' since almost all other cannabinoids start as CBG," said Dr. Stanger. This is because CBGA, the acidic precursor to CBG, functions as a precursor in cannabis plants for other cannabinoids, like CBDA, THCA, and CBCA. Those eventually break down even more to transform into CBD, THC, and CBC.

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Is CBG the Next CBD? Doctors Weigh In on the 'Mother' of All Cannabinoids [Re: Holybullshit]
    #27083431 - 12/11/20 06:45 AM (1 month, 6 days ago)

Yet no one talks about Delta8

And yeah as far as I know, the CBG can be converted to the other well known cannabinoids. Which is really only like 5. And again, I feel D8 is left out intentionally

DEA was trying to actually make it illegal to turn CBG into another cannabinoid, or doing so with CBD or whatever. Basically trying to argue that extract isn’t hemp and cannot be converted to diff cannabinoids (which isn’t true according to Farm Act, I think DEA just wanted a chilling effect on D8 but now it’s in gas stations lol)

Out of CBX it seems to me like CBC has the most noticeable effects. At least orally. Not necessarily psychoactive but with thc I notice a difference

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

Edited by Fractal420 (12/11/20 06:53 AM)

InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: Is CBG the Next CBD? Doctors Weigh In on the 'Mother' of All Cannabinoids [Re: Fractal420]
    #27083475 - 12/11/20 08:06 AM (1 month, 6 days ago)

Of course D8 is left out intentionally, because the vast majority of people interested in CBD and its alternatives aren't trying to get high from them. They want all the benefits associated with cannabinoids, but aren't interested in the psychoactive effects. The only reason D9-THC is even talked about in these discussions at all is to illustrate that CBD/CBG etc. are not like it. It's not some conspiracy. Plus, it's only found in nature in miniscule amounts.

And there are plenty of people who talk about D8, it's just a different group of people.

Also, that wasn't exactly the DEA's argument(or at least one I am not privvy to)...the one I was aware of was that since D9-THC is an intermediary of the D8 synthesis process then the entire supply chain was illegal. It was pretty shaky logic that D8 would be illegal just because it used to be D9, but if pursued with the backing of DOJ and the rest of the federal government it would have definitely been enough to force US manufacturers to at least change their synthesis method.

Edited by Holybullshit (12/11/20 08:19 AM)

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Is CBG the Next CBD? Doctors Weigh In on the 'Mother' of All Cannabinoids [Re: Holybullshit]
    #27084166 - 12/11/20 05:28 PM (1 month, 6 days ago)

I feel like D8 is really good for pain and it’s actions remind me of CBD in some ways

It’s def got activity that D9 doesn’t (probably most different is CB2 agonism) and for example it’s cured really bad migraines for me in the past when regular bud would just make it worse

Also I find if you get a mostly pure disty it doesn’t feel much weaker than D9 disty and I know it converts over time
But I think D8 is also really valuable for what it is.
And it’s amazing with bud!

ALSO: I think the reason they don’t mention D8 is deeper than just “people don’t wanna get high”.

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

Edited by Fractal420 (12/11/20 05:35 PM)

InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: Is CBG the Next CBD? Doctors Weigh In on the 'Mother' of All Cannabinoids [Re: Fractal420]
    #27085324 - 12/12/20 11:21 AM (1 month, 5 days ago)

Yeah its deeper than people don't wanna get high, in so as many of the outlets you are thinking of either don't make a habit of, or even have a policy against, discussing the merits of recreational drugs about which relatively little is known. It's not just "people don't wanna get high", it's more like they don't view their purpose as helping their readers get high and they aren't going to go out on a limb speculating about the medicinal properties of anything.

They only even discuss the medical utility of any recreational drugs after there is a large body of evidence and experience to pull from and a history of safe and responsible use...D8 is too new, there is no/little literature supporting its medical use, or even safety, especially not for problems that THC/CBD can't already help with, there isn't a large portion of the population not only using it medicinally, but advocating publicly for its medicinal use separate from its recreational use, with the support of at least a portion of the medical community, and in a way that is distinct from other cannabinoids and therefore worth writing about. These things happen first, all of them, and then they get written about, not the other way around. It's been the same way with Ayahuasca/DMT, psilocybin, MDMA, and THC/other cannabinoids.

Do you really think the DEA or some shadowy organization is prohibiting these outlets from writing about D8 against their will?

Right now D8 is a little researched recreational drug, which may have medical utility above and beyond THC/CBD and may garner a following and support around that idea, but until that happens most of the press isn't going to write about it outside of its use as a recreational drug the DEA is trying to squash.

Edited by Holybullshit (12/12/20 11:41 AM)

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

#27086629 - 12/13/20 04:30 AM (1 month, 4 days ago)

Well if you have a migraine smoke some D8 and tell me it doesn’t help. It’s clearly got medical value in the same way that D9, 20 years ago, clearly had medical value, research or not.

D8 is a naturally occurring phytocannabinoid. It’s not an rc, lol

There’s no way it’s less safe than anything else in cannabis. Just don’t eat 500mg, like with delta9. Enough is known about it that it’s everywhere now. (Orally it is identical, turns into D9-11-hydroxy)

There’s even Delta10 on the horizon I’ve seen it for sale. And really D8 distillate is no less useful than D9. Maybe more useful.

Anyway none of this is a reason to specifically “not tell anyone” about D8 but praise CBD 24/7, which does a lot less (in terms of pain and anxiety as well)

I’ll tell you right now it’s a lot more exciting (and useful) than any CBx cannabinoid, and ignoring it seems kinda wrong.

It is a THC with (IME) much more healing power than D9, also doesn’t put you out as much, so you can go about your day after some strong distillate hits. I think of it as a combination of a sativa dom D9 and CBD sorta

Def a great addition to any cannabinoid collection. High Times is about getting high right? Where’s the damn D8. How long ago was high times established? It’s all just capitalism if you ask me

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

Edited by Fractal420 (12/13/20 04:44 AM)

InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
    #27086822 - 12/13/20 09:06 AM (1 month, 4 days ago)

I wasn't asserting that D8 wasn't safe, just that there isn't a large body of peer-reviewed research that demonstrates so.

I never asserted that D8 was itself synthetic, but it's about as natural as great value orange juice concentrate. It's found in tiny amounts, it can hardly be considered an active constituent, and therefore its use as we are seeing today is new to humankind.

There are plenty of outlets talking about D8, but for most of traditional media there is much higher burden to be met before discussing the medical benefits of new compounds, especially when they get you high and those organizations have a policy of not supporting recreational drug use outright.

I think I've made my point, and it's a solid one. I still can't tell if you are actually positing that there is some conspiracy to suppress D8 or you just can't understand why most outlets would be wary of writing about it at this point and have little to gain by violating their own standards in doing so.

They only started writing about CBD so prolifically AFTER both all the prerequisites mentioned above were met AND it was becoming very popular to do so, they were just catering to what their readers wanted to read about, right now most of the people who use/are curious about CBD have no fucking idea what D8 is.

Quote:

It’s all just capitalism if you ask me

No fucking shit, what are you new to the party?

Quote:

High Times is about getting high right? Where’s the damn D8.

https://hightimes.com/products/delta-8-thc-now-available-coast-coast/

https://hightimes.com/sponsored/what-is-delta-8-thc-and-how-is-it-different-from-cbd/

https://hightimes.com/culture/therapeutic-benefits-dabbing-delta-8-thc/

But take notice of how these articles were only written AFTER D8 became available nationwide...only after its readers had an interest. And as D8 meets the standards required of other outlets, they too will begin to write about it.

Edited by Holybullshit (12/13/20 09:26 AM)

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

#27123073 - 01/03/21 03:33 AM (14 days, 23 hours ago)

What fuckery

Altho now it’s SUPER cheap for bulk Oz bottles. I got one during the freak out and I still have like 90% of it, cause it’s just for personal use really. A lot of personal use

Tbh I think D8 is far more exciting than the CBx cannabinoids, and seems to have the same/similar medical Benefits.

I do not consider it a substitute but something about that CB2 binding does something interesting. I would say if you gave me distillate of 50/50 I wouldn’t really know. Plus I’ve been looking for D8 levels in natural pot and hemp, can’t find that info. It’s def there (maybe just traces like cbd)

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
    #27124888 - 01/04/21 12:16 AM (14 days, 2 hours ago)

Is that a typo, did you mean cbg? It's far less than even that, try like 0.1% at best.

OfflineskOsH
a little bit of chaos

Loc: the PNW
    #27130353 - 01/06/21 02:50 PM (11 days, 11 hours ago)

Hmm, I have 1g of pure cbd isolated, I wonder if I can use it to convert some to cbg easily

--------------------
Save the psilocy bees! <3
Intermediate chemist. Future underground psychedelic healing shaman. Amateur mycologist.  Musician with no songs out, but songs written. MAPS supporter. Avid gamer. Very introverted. Usually sleeping on a drown of downers, and thats it.

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Is CBG the Next CBD? Doctors Weigh In on the 'Mother' of All Cannabinoids [Re: skOsH]
    #27132247 - 01/07/21 08:05 AM (10 days, 18 hours ago)

Quote:

skOsH said:
Hmm, I have 1g of pure cbd isolated, I wonder if I can use it to convert some to cbg easily

I think it would be the other way around? But I’m not expert on cbx

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

OfflineStudy The CNS
Anecdotal Subtext

#27132506 - 01/07/21 11:32 AM (10 days, 15 hours ago)

Slightly off topic, but I want to ask everyone a question----
What do you think about this, and is anyone even aware of it who sells Cannabis strains? 

https://www.labroots.com/trending/cannabis-sciences/17429/difference-indica-sativa-cannabis-strains

--------------------
Stephen King's The Stand

Episode 1 ---Dec 17, 2020

OfflineskOsH
a little bit of chaos

Loc: the PNW
Re: Is CBG the Next CBD? Doctors Weigh In on the 'Mother' of All Cannabinoids [Re: Study The CNS]
    #27132853 - 01/07/21 02:35 PM (10 days, 12 hours ago)

Darn, you're right. Hmm, I'll probably take some pure thc to get it to cbn since cbn doesn't exist anywhere

--------------------
Save the psilocy bees! <3
Intermediate chemist. Future underground psychedelic healing shaman. Amateur mycologist.  Musician with no songs out, but songs written. MAPS supporter. Avid gamer. Very introverted. Usually sleeping on a drown of downers, and thats it.

InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: Is CBG the Next CBD? Doctors Weigh In on the 'Mother' of All Cannabinoids [Re: Study The CNS]
    #27134442 - 01/08/21 05:45 AM (9 days, 21 hours ago)

Quote:

Study The CNS said:
Slightly off topic, but I want to ask everyone a question----
What do you think about this, and is anyone even aware of it who sells Cannabis strains? 

https://www.labroots.com/trending/cannabis-sciences/17429/difference-indica-sativa-cannabis-strains

You have to remember that this isn't saying that all strains of cannabis are the same. It's just saying there isn't a clear divide between strains labeled indica/sativa, it may have been truer at some point in history when talking about landrace strains, but for a while now they have just been marketing terms.

Honestly, this shouldn't be news to anyone interested in cannabis, I mean, the terms originated from a botanist who was proposing two separate species...it was, relatively, quickly proven that it is just one single species...the terms should have been abandoned then, but even so they were always just used to describe differences in appearance, not effects, differences that are largely the result of differences in growing environment.

So it's not that strains of cannabis can't have somewhat different highs(I have always felt differences in high were extremely overblown, and could largely be attributed to time of harvest and difference in potency/smoking method), just that the indica/sativa dichotomy is false, and at best applies to appearance and nothing else.

For an example of how superficial differences might lead to a difference in high, look at how dense indica buds can be vs how light and airy sativa are, so you could pack a bowl of each of nugs that appear to be about the same size, or at least same volume...but that indica nug actually weights 50%, so it's no wonder you get "couch locked" once you are done.

But to get back to the original point, with all the cross breeding going on, and different growing methods, you can have buds from plants labeled indica dominant that might have a more sativa look, and vica versa, especially from one phenotype to the next.

You can grow a half dozen seeds from an well-interbred strain and get a half dozen different phenotypes ranging from all over the "indica/sativa" spectrum...and then despite that, there may be no appreciable difference in high.

Edited by Holybullshit (01/08/21 06:09 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Ayahuasca, Hemp

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service