Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineGreens21
DayTripper
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Void
Greens21’s Chocolate Covered Shrooms Tek * 1
    #27076051 - 12/07/20 04:54 AM (2 years, 1 month ago)

There are lots of chocolate shroom recipes and methods on here, but none that I like for various reasons. Some use chocolate chips, which by design do not stay hard at room temperature once melted. Some are messy, such as ones that require you to mix 3g of mushroom powder with some chocolate into each cube of an ice tray. Some are wasteful, such as ones that use piping bags (so much shroom-filled chocolate is left behind in the bag). Some are just impossible to measure accurate dosages, because they give generic instructions like “fill your ice cube tray,” as though everybody’s ice trays are the same shape, size, and volume.

This tek has everything measured out for perfect consistency of the chocolate, perfect measuring of dosage, a great variety of flavors, and almost no waste at all. So here we go:

[Full disclosure, I only grow PE, so these bars each hold 8g of shrooms, which I divide into four 2g doses, because 2g makes me trip a bit harder than an eighth of standard shrooms, and it’s easier to describe the dose as a potent eighth when giving them away to people who may not know the difference between PE and any other variety. If you’re not using PE, you may find it easier to only use 7g per bar and add a couple more grams of chocolate, making each bar a quarter ounce, for easier dosing measurement.]

Equipment Needed:

-A scale
-2 small cups or bowls to weigh/portion shrooms and chocolate
-Small pot
-Small metal or ceramic mixing bowl
-Small spoon
-Candy molds**
-Candy foil***
-A towel
-A plastic baggie (optional, for decorating)

** I use these candy molds. They are the perfect size to make a 100g candy bar containing 8g of shrooms. They are cheap and work very well, and the design allows for a wide variety of doses to be easily measured. They have a volume of 3 fl oz, so I assume you could use this recipe with any other mold of the same volume:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PNYJNS9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_4WyZFbA46HPBT?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

*** Obviously totally optional, but I use these foil wrappers because they allow me to be super discreet with storage and transportation. You can just use regular aluminum foil to wrap the chocolates if you’re not worried about stealth, but with these and a bag from a local candy shop, no one is ever going to stumble across them and assume that they’re anything other than home made chocolates from Lola’s Candy Shoppe on Main Street. Also, the different colors allow me to know which flavor is inside each wrapper. For less than $0.05 per dose, I can have much more peace of mind if I ever need to transport these or have company in the place I am storing them.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D8JYQ9H/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_N0yZFb4CG5C8C?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Ingredients Needed:

-Shroom powder. The more finely ground the better, I use a coffee grinder
-Candy melts, assorted colors (note that these are made specifically to be melted down and re-harden at room temperature, not like chocolate chips. I got these ones at Walmart, in the party section, about $9 for five bags, enough to make 18 100g candy bars)
-Assorted flavorings
-Milk

A note about flavorings:

There are two main types: Candy concentrates (small bottles, found near candy melts in party section of Walmart/target), and flavor extracts (larger bottles, found in the baking section of any grocery store). When available, the concentrates are preferred, as they require less addition of liquid to the chocolate mixture. For concentrates, use 5-6 drops per bar. For extracts, use 14-16 drops per bar.

Process:

Add 1-2” of hot water to your small pan. Put it on the stove at high heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to a low simmer (this is at about 2.5 out of 10 on my stove). Place the mixing bowl on top and allow to warm up.

Meanwhile, measure 8g of shroom powder and 92g of your preferred color/flavor of chocolate melts (recipes at the end). Once the bowl on top of the pot is warm, add the candy melts.

Stir the candy with the spoon until it is about half melted, then add a splash of milk (appx 1/2 tablespoon). Do not mix the milk in right away, and instead add the desired number of drops of your preferred flavor (recipes at the end). Allow the milk and flavoring to warm up for 20-30 seconds before stirring it into the candy. Note that the point of the flavoring is to cover the taste of the shrooms, so before the shrooms are added, it should smell and taste very strongly of the flavoring. Once all the candy is melted and everything is stirred into a smooth creamy consistency, remove the bowl from the pot and dry the bottom with the towel. Then dump the shroom powder and stir.

You do not want this to be creamy and runny and easy to pour; it should be closer to the consistency of cookie dough. Make sure to stir very well to combine everything, scraping the sides to make sure no shroom powder is left in the bowl. If the candy is thick enough, it will all stick to itself leaving very little waste in the bowl when you spoon it into the candy mold. Flatten out the paste, making sure to push it into the corners of the mold, then go back and repeatedly pat down all over the chocolate with the back of the spoon to make sure that it is pressed into the mold shape. Then refrigerate for two hours or freeze for 15-20 minutes, remove from the mold and wrap in your desired wrapping.

I have stored these in the freezer for three years with no loss of potency, and I have no reason to expect they couldn’t be stored in excess of ten years.

Recipes

These are some flavor and color combinations I have played around with and found to be great. Note that the shrooms will add a dark, toasty, earthy flavor to the candy, which my brain pretty much interprets as some type of cookie/cake flavor, so you’ll notice that all the flavors have that incorporated.

Peppermint extract and chocolate candy melts - Thin Mint Cookies
Banana extract and orange candy melts (pictured in tutorial) - Banana nut bread
Strawberry extract and red/pink candy melts (pictured below) - Strawberry Shortcake
Root beer extract and white candy melts - Cookies n Cream (I was hoping to make a root beer float type of flavor with this one, but it never really tasted like root beer and instead just had a general creamy sweetness. Combined with the appearance of creamy white candy with dark specs mixed in and the toasty/bready character of the shrooms, it passes easily as cookies n cream)

Feel free to try different flavor extracts and color combinations and post here when you find a good one!

Additional Notes

Each recipe makes one 100g candy bar with 8g of shrooms inside. While you can obviously make this in 400g or 800g batches and pour into multiple molds, I prefer to make one bar at a time so that I know exactly how much each one is. When trying to make multiple bars at the same time, it’s easy to pour one thicker or thinner and you can end up with some containing 9g and others containing 7g. If that doesn’t matter to you, then the batch method may save you some time, but I much prefer the accuracy of the dose and it really only takes about 45 seconds to melt the chocolate for each bar.

Since the shroom powder will essentially turn every color into a tinted shade of brown, if you think the color is important to the appearance of the candy bar, you can “decorate” the mold first with straight candy. Just melt some down using the same method, no shroom powder, then pour it into a plastic baggie. Cut a tiny hole in one corner of the baggie and use it to pipe candy into whatever design you want on your candy bars. Then just make your shroom candy batch and pour it over the top following the normal method, and you have something that’s just a little more aesthetically pleasing than just a pinkish brown bar (strawberry shortcake):

And that’s it! It might seem like a lot because I’ve obviously over explained it, but I can easily convert a quarter pound of shroom powder into chocolates in about an hour using this method, making one bar at a time. It’s fast, it’s easy, they’re delicious, they’re discreet, and they honestly seem to provide a happier trip than when I use any other method (obviously this is just my experience, but I think it may have something to do with the smoother rate of digestion in waiting for the chocolate to melt).

Have fun and enjoy!

--------------------
I've been trying to justify you

In the end I will just defy you

Edited by Greens21 (12/07/20 05:11 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTh3AngryCuban
Stranger
Male
Re: Greens21’s Chocolate Covered Shrooms Tek [Re: Greens21]
    #27078915 - 12/09/20 12:09 AM (2 years, 1 month ago)

With Christmas around the corner, this is a great idea for close friends!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract