Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineBrownBear
Warrior-Traveler
 User Gallery

Re: BrownBear's Grow Log Adventure [Re: Shroomoisseur]
    #27071165 - 12/04/20 03:40 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Eat, I'll try mixing it more next time and see if I can get it to finish faster. My slurry was more on the muddy side. I used 60 ml of water for a 1/4 pint of spawn. I could try using less water, if you think it will help.

Shroomoisseur, thanks. I'm excited myself. Its been a few years since I have harvested my own mushies. Good luck on your endeavors also. Agar is definitely the right place to start.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBrownBear
Warrior-Traveler
 User Gallery

Re: BrownBear's Grow Log Adventure [Re: BrownBear]
    #27075485 - 12/06/20 03:11 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

I took eatyualive's advice and made the slurry a little more muddy this time. I used 45 ml of water per 1/4 pint of rice spawn. It ended up just a little thicker than pancake batter.

InvisibleMateja
 Unread Journal User Gallery

Loc: Here
    #27075726 - 12/06/20 05:09 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Looks cool :popcorn:

I've done brf slurry a few times but never had success spawning those.

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

OfflineBrownBear
Warrior-Traveler
 User Gallery

Re: BrownBear's Grow Log Adventure [Re: Mateja]
    #27075750 - 12/06/20 05:26 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Were you spawning the slurry straight to bulk?

InvisibleMateja

#27075763 - 12/06/20 05:33 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

No I was inoculating rye jars, they colonized in 3-5 days after after spawning them they all turned to shit pretty fast. IIRC I haven't really seen anyone have success with slurry. It's a bit complicated process and allows too many vectors when trying to mix the cakes.

How did you go about with rice? I really like the look of it :thumbup:

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

OfflineBrownBear
Warrior-Traveler
 User Gallery

#27075792 - 12/06/20 05:45 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

I microwave a 3 lb. bag of whole grain rice for 30 minutes but in 10 minute increments. I fill the bowl 2x the level of rice with water. I stir it after every 10 minute cook and usually have to add a little more water before the final 10 minutes in the microwave. After the final 10 minutes I leave it in the microwave for another 15 minutes. Then I strain and load up 30x 1/4 pint jars. I pc 90 minutes at 15 psi.

I inoculate each jar with 3 cc's of lc. I inoculate each jar a drop at a time until the entire top surface has been saturated with lc including letting it drip around the sides of the jar. (I was thinking about making a video of the process). The jars typically colonize in about 7 days.

InvisibleMateja

#27075798 - 12/06/20 05:48 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Interesting. I can't get my 1/2 pints to colonize faster than 3-4 weeks even with 10ml of LC each :lol:
Looking forward to seeing your results with this. Are you noccing grain with this or will try spawning directly to coir?

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

OfflineBrownBear
Warrior-Traveler
 User Gallery

#27075806 - 12/06/20 05:51 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

As far as the slurry. I just flip the rice jar upside down and tap the lid against my palm. I don't break up the rice at all. I take the lid off the rice jar and then I lift the blender jar with stetilized water and flip the rice jar over top of the blender jar and the rice cake slides right out and into the blender jar. I screw the lid back on tight and wrap the lid and top of jar with parafilm before blending it. I have had no problem with any leaking at all so far.

OfflineBrownBear
Warrior-Traveler
 User Gallery

#27075812 - 12/06/20 05:53 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Some Dude said:
Interesting. I can't get my 1/2 pints to colonize faster than 3-4 weeks even with 10ml of LC each :lol:
Looking forward to seeing your results with this. Are you noccing grain with this or will try spawning directly to coir?

I use 1x 1/4 pint to inoculate each 3 quart grain bag. They all colonized in 7 days or less. Eatyualive said I can get them to colonize in 3-4 days if I get the consistency of the slurry right and mix it well.

OfflineBrownBear
Warrior-Traveler
 User Gallery

#27080731 - 12/09/20 03:55 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

15 qt APEU tub. 1:2 ratio with 1 qt coir top layer at casing.

3 qt APEU spawn bag. I used popcorn and rice this time. It was inoculated 3 days ago with a 1/4 pint rice slurry that I posted about on 12/6.

OfflineDrunkUncle
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #27080819 - 12/09/20 04:47 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Iambrownbear said:
15 qt APEU tub. 1:2 ratio with 1 qt coir top layer at casing.

3 qt APEU spawn bag. I used popcorn and rice this time. It was inoculated 3 days ago with a 1/4 pint rice slurry that I posted about on 12/6.

looks great man, 3 days on that bag sounds really nice :thumbup:

--------------------
OEF Combat Medic & Purple Heart Recipient

“If you get the message, hang up the phone. For psychedelic drugs are simply instruments, like microscopes, telescopes, and telephones. The biologist does not sit with eye permanently glued to the microscope, he goes away and works on what he has seen.”

― Alan Watts

Smartattack said:

I was doing Tai chi while flying through space, took a shit in my shower, removed my face several times with my hands and that was all just the boring part before it really hit me.:eek::eek:

OfflineBrownBear
Warrior-Traveler
 User Gallery

Re: BrownBear's Grow Log Adventure [Re: DrunkUncle]
    #27080847 - 12/09/20 05:12 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks, DrunkUncle. Yea. That slurry is something else.

OfflineDrunkUncle

#27080872 - 12/09/20 05:25 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Iambrownbear said:
Thanks, DrunkUncle. Yea. That slurry is something else.

I just tried LI last night for the first time, munch's blenderless tek. I'm guessing you used a blender to get that consistency? I definitely like the idea of the thicker liquid.

--------------------

“If you get the message, hang up the phone. For psychedelic drugs are simply instruments, like microscopes, telescopes, and telephones. The biologist does not sit with eye permanently glued to the microscope, he goes away and works on what he has seen.”

― Alan Watts

Smartattack said:

I was doing Tai chi while flying through space, took a shit in my shower, removed my face several times with my hands and that was all just the boring part before it really hit me.:eek::eek:

OfflineBrownBear
Warrior-Traveler
 User Gallery

Re: BrownBear's Grow Log Adventure [Re: DrunkUncle] * 1
    #27080909 - 12/09/20 05:52 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Yes. I get that consistency with a blender.

I use 3 cc's of lc in which I inoculate a 1/4 pint of rice drop by drop until I saturate the entire top surface and around the sides of the jar. I get jars to colonize in 9 days or less. Sometimes they'll finish in 6 days.

I then sterilize water in modified 2 peice metal lids like seen in eatyualive's tek.

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10648149

To get the consistency of my most recent slurry I used 45 ml of water per 1/4 pint of rice. I then use a 1/4 pint of slurry to inoculate each 3 qt grain bag. I blend for a solid 30 seconds

OfflineDrunkUncle

#27081214 - 12/09/20 08:58 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Iambrownbear said:
Yes. I get that consistency with a blender.

I use 3 cc's of lc in which I inoculate a 1/4 pint of rice drop by drop until I saturate the entire top surface and around the sides of the jar. I get jars to colonize in 9 days or less. Sometimes they'll finish in 6 days.

I then sterilize water in modified 2 peice metal lids like seen in eatyualive's tek.

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10648149

thanks for the detailed response. Eat's LI tek is how I became interested in LI in the first place and since i don't have a blender atm, Munch's tek was put in place. look forward to seeing how this grow pans out!

To get the consistency of my most recent slurry I used 45 ml of water per 1/4 pint of rice. I then use a 1/4 pint of slurry to inoculate each 3 qt grain bag. I blend for a solid 30 seconds

thanks for the detailed response. Found out about LI thru Eat's teks and since a blender isn't an option right now went with the blenderless tek. Stoked to see how this goes for ya!

--------------------

― Alan Watts

Smartattack said:

OfflineBrownBear
Warrior-Traveler
 User Gallery

#27082533 - 12/10/20 04:12 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

This is a APEU tub that I spawned 5 days ago. I have 9 of these tubs. They were spawned at a 1:2 ratio using oats that were inoculated with slurry. I think I am starting to see a little bit of knotting already.

OfflineDrunkUncle

#27082768 - 12/10/20 05:55 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Looks great dude, stoked to see some fruits!

--------------------

― Alan Watts

Smartattack said:

OfflineBrownBear
Warrior-Traveler
 User Gallery

Re: BrownBear's Grow Log Adventure [Re: DrunkUncle] * 1
    #27082802 - 12/10/20 06:17 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

You and me both, uncle. Its been almost 3 years since I have grown my own. Cannot find them around here anymore and its me and my wife's thing we like to experience together.

Edited by BrownBear (12/10/20 06:18 PM)

OfflineDrunkUncle

#27082831 - 12/10/20 06:41 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Iambrownbear said:
You and me both, uncle. Its been almost 3 years since I have grown my own. Cannot find them around here anymore and its me and my wife's thing we like to experience together.

radical man :thumbsup: it had been about that amount of time since i grew any, til a few months ago pulled some fruits out of a nice bacterial tub (lol) good on ya!

--------------------

― Alan Watts

Smartattack said:

OfflineBrownBear
Warrior-Traveler
 User Gallery

#27085739 - 12/12/20 01:15 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Not much to report on but this APEU has ripped through the top layer of coir. I hope I see some pins soon. I have 6 tubs that are 7 days from spawning and 3 tubs that are 6 days from spawning. I spawned 4 more tubs last night and another 3 today.

I am in the middle of cooking 6 more grain bags today. I really like what I have seen so far from my popcorn/rice bags. I am trying out both oats and popcorn/rice. I guess the winner will come down to which one produces better. All have been grown from the same APEU clone lc and spawned the exact same way.

My plan is to run a few different variety in 2 tubs a week per week. So a total of 6 tubs a week. So far my best colonizers have been the APEU clone that I received from a friend and a 4 year old spore print culture of TOC that I started on agar a month or so ago. I have like 4 or 5 other varieties that I am trying to run also just to retain the genetics with spore prints for future use and to give away.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract