Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineTiberjuggaligger
Galaxy Creeper

Loc: USA
Former YouTube Engineer Enters No-Contest Plea In Acid-Fueled Bodega Bay Rampage
    #27072086 - 12/04/20 03:18 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

https://sfist.com/2020/12/04/former-youtube-engineer-bettai-koffi-pleads-no-contest/

A 33-year-old man who had done too much acid while vacationing with friends in Bodega Bay last year, and who subsequently went on a violent rampage that injured several people — including his friends — and was then shot by police, pleaded no contest this week to six counts of assault with a deadly weapon and stealing a security truck.

Former YouTube engineer Betai Koffi had been drinking after taking what friends say were four tabs of LSD on July 4, 2019, when he turned extremely violent and erratic, as SFist reported last year. The friends say they were trying to prevent him from leaving their rented house when he attacked several of them — including choking one and stabbing another with a pencil. Koffi then got in his rental car and quickly crashed it into the house's garage and ran off toward the beach.

Dispatcher audio from the Sonoma County Sheriff's Office includes one of his friends explaining, "He said he thought he was already dead. And that nothing mattered but we thought it was just, you know, drugs talking at the time."

Surveillance footage seen below shows Koffi as he walks on to the property of a neighboring house, barefoot. A security guard for the neighborhood can be seen approaching down a driveway, and Koffi is heard saying "fuck you" to the guy, followed by "Yeah, do whatever you gotta do."

(Couldn't pull the video link, refer to op site)

Koffi then assaulted the guard, walked away toward the street, picked up a stake lantern from the garden, and assaulted and injured the guard with the lantern when he was approached again. Koffi then carjacked the guard's patrol vehicle — a pickup truck — and drove it at high speeds through the neighborhood, hitting two people who were out for a walk. (Both suffered non-life-threatening injuries.)

After crashing into a wall and driving through a side yard back onto Pelican Loop, Koffi was confronted by a CHP officer and Sonoma County Sheriff's Deputy Jason Pasero. When Koffi tried to ram the officers with the truck, Pasero fired seven rounds, hitting Koffi multiple times — including once in the head.

As the Chronicle reports, Koffi awoke from a coma several weeks later, and he remains severely injured, including paralysis on his left side. His attorney, Stephen Gallenson, tells the Chronicle, "He feels terrible about [the ordeal] and he’s remorseful about the harm he caused to others and it’s affected his life significantly... Fortunately, no one except for him was hurt badly."

Koffi and his attorney struck a plea bargain last year that avoided attempted murder charges, but his no contest plea was to 11 separate felonies. He's now set to be sentenced in February, and it's unclear how much jail time he may face.

This dude will be grilled even considering his own injuries.

Much more in-depth on the chronicles site.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/YouTube-engineer-pleads-no-contest-in-LSD-fueled-15774657.php

--------------------

Kirk: What does God need with a starship?
McCoy: Jim, what are you doing?
Kirk: I'm asking a question.
"God": Who is this creature?
Kirk: Who am I? Don't you know? Aren't you God?
Sybok: He has his doubts.
"God": You doubt me?
Kirk: I seek proof.
McCoy: Jim! You don't ask the Almighty for his ID

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesearching
Male User Gallery

Re: Former YouTube Engineer Enters No-Contest Plea In Acid-Fueled Bodega Bay Rampage [Re: Tiberjuggaligger]
    #27072529 - 12/04/20 07:44 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

This is so sad. I think psychedelics should be legal, but it seems like there would be more incidents like this if they were. Lots of people wouldn't use them responsibly. Even this incident seems like the guy was responsible, just had a bad trip and lost control. It's rare but it happens.

--------------------

OfflineFailboat
Fuck Up
Re: Former YouTube Engineer Enters No-Contest Plea In Acid-Fueled Bodega Bay Rampage [Re: searching]
    #27072690 - 12/04/20 10:02 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

I've seen a bad trip where someone was hurting themselves but not others. Seems like alcohol may have been a factor here.

InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: Former YouTube Engineer Enters No-Contest Plea In Acid-Fueled Bodega Bay Rampage [Re: searching] * 1
    #27072795 - 12/05/20 12:26 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Getting drunk and dropping 4 tabs at once is not responsible. We don't even know if he had taken this "LSD" before, to gauge potency or be sure it was actually LSD.

Incidents like these may become more common if psychedelics, in toto, were made legal. But I can't possibly see it rising to the level of compelling state interest, given all the damage that guns and alcohol already wreak on our society which apparently fall short.

I can't say I've ever seen LSD at moderate doses ever cause someone to become violent, without other drugs or alcohol involved. Although I have seen it provoke some psychosis and paranoia in certain individuals, and it does seem to do so more often than psilocybin.

And lots of people who use psychedelics recreationally already do use them irresponsibly. While changes in the drug laws could make the rate of use go up, if psychedelics weren't stigmatized and pushed to the shadows and people could be properly educated then they would be more likely to respect them and be safer. And there's quite a bit of room between incarceration and OTC acid to come up with workable framework.

OfflineSugabearcrisp
Not Your Average Bear
Male User Gallery

Loc: maybe I had too much, too fast
Re: Former YouTube Engineer Enters No-Contest Plea In Acid-Fueled Bodega Bay Rampage [Re: Holybullshit] * 1
    #27072989 - 12/05/20 06:24 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Too bad his friends didnt have seroquel or strong benzo to dose him with. If we ever had OTC lsd we should also have a OTC trip killer in an easy to deploy package, like a narcan for a bad trip.

--------------------
This thread has been closed.

Reason:
Another pub thread
No crying in OTD
Click

Offlineviraldrome
 User Gallery

Loc: Parts Unknown
Re: Former YouTube Engineer Enters No-Contest Plea In Acid-Fueled Bodega Bay Rampage [Re: Sugabearcrisp]
    #27073142 - 12/05/20 08:46 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Thinking about making anyone I trip with trip with sign disclaimer that the group has the right to forcefully stop you from leaving if they believe you may hurt yourself or others.

Every so often someone has a really bad reaction, and goes on a crazy rampage. The naked mushroom fueled attack in my city was front page news and will most definitely be used against us when the discussion on legalization happens.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/magic-mushrooms-matthew-brown-assault-defence-verdict-1.5483053

The worst part is the media loves this shit, it gets clicks, while the thousands of people who psychedelics helped barely get mentioned. Doesn't matter if it's a one in a million bad trip.

--------------------
Lysergamides I have tried so far: 1P-LSD, 1cP-LSD, ALD-52, AL-LAD, LSZ, ETH-LAD, MIPLA, EIPLA, 1cP-AL-LAD

Offlinesonoramo
Contaminant
Male User Gallery

Loc: California, baby! Flag
Re: Former YouTube Engineer Enters No-Contest Plea In Acid-Fueled Bodega Bay Rampage [Re: Holybullshit]
    #27073615 - 12/05/20 01:53 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Holybullshit said:
Getting drunk and dropping 4 tabs at once is not responsible. We don't even know if he had taken this "LSD" before, to gauge potency or be sure it was actually LSD.

Incidents like these may become more common if psychedelics, in toto, were made legal. But I can't possibly see it rising to the level of compelling state interest, given all the damage that guns and alcohol already wreak on our society which apparently fall short.

I can't say I've ever seen LSD at moderate doses ever cause someone to become violent, without other drugs or alcohol involved. Although I have seen it provoke some psychosis and paranoia in certain individuals, and it does seem to do so more often than psilocybin.

And lots of people who use psychedelics recreationally already do use them irresponsibly. While changes in the drug laws could make the rate of use go up, if psychedelics weren't stigmatized and pushed to the shadows and people could be properly educated then they would be more likely to respect them and be safer. And there's quite a bit of room between incarceration and OTC acid to come up with workable framework.

:whathesaid:  :snoopyes:

Offlinesearching
Male User Gallery

Re: Former YouTube Engineer Enters No-Contest Plea In Acid-Fueled Bodega Bay Rampage [Re: sonoramo]
    #27074408 - 12/05/20 11:59 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

I missed the part that said he was drinking. I thought it was just lsd at first. Definitely wasn't using responsibly

--------------------

OfflineskOsH
Functionally dysfunctional
 User Gallery

Loc: the PNW
Re: Former YouTube Engineer Enters No-Contest Plea In Acid-Fueled Bodega Bay Rampage [Re: searching]
    #27074929 - 12/06/20 10:06 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

This is why I think adults need to sign a liability waiver that affirms that if they commit violent and/or damaging acts to other people or property whilst under the influence of a psychedelic or otherwise disorienting drug, that they forfeit all future rights to use said drugs recreationally and that misuse of said drug (or drugs) will magnify their sentence.

Combine that with drug education and emphasis of what people should expect from a compound like a psychedelic, and give them literature with their purchases. Boom, problem solved, except for those who will do something dumb regardless.

Example of literature:

"Congratulations! You have just purchased some LSD. If you are unfamiliar with its effects and what to expect, please continue reading etc etc etc"

But I mean, that makes too much sense.

Edit: missed the part about the drinking. Makes more sense

Also yeah, what was mentioned earlier, when I get tabs, I first test them, see if it's actually LSD. Then on a day where I know I have time, I will take one. There's a 99% chance its 400ug or less but I still like to gauge it so I can plan future doses

Edited by skOsH (12/06/20 10:08 AM)

OfflineRobZombie68
The Shaman's Apprentice
Male

Loc: Palookaville, US
Re: Former YouTube Engineer Enters No-Contest Plea In Acid-Fueled Bodega Bay Rampage [Re: skOsH]
    #27075348 - 12/06/20 01:51 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

When someone gets violent and ugly on any drug, they have violence and ugliness in their soul.  Drugs just open that door.

OfflineSugabearcrisp
Not Your Average Bear
Male User Gallery

Loc: maybe I had too much, too fast
Re: Former YouTube Engineer Enters No-Contest Plea In Acid-Fueled Bodega Bay Rampage [Re: RobZombie68]
    #27075399 - 12/06/20 02:26 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

RobZombie68 said:
When someone gets violent and ugly on any drug, they have violence and ugliness in their soul.  Drugs just open that door.

So true.

You said that cause you were drunk = you said what you really feel

Btw when i get drunk i tell people i love them

InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: Former YouTube Engineer Enters No-Contest Plea In Acid-Fueled Bodega Bay Rampage [Re: Sugabearcrisp]
    #27076759 - 12/07/20 08:54 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

I don't know, I think often that is true. But sometimes what it makes people say/do is just signals getting scrambled. When we were younger one time my wife(GF at the time) and some friends were drinking heavily and she ended up punching my best friend in the face and giving him a bloody nose because when she asked to bum a cigarette he told her no, because he was out of cigarettes, and my wife definitely does not have violence and ugliness in her soul, she is super gentle, genuinely compassionate, and opposed to violence.

And I've seen other people who I know intimately say/do some things fucked up that does not represent their authentic selves...but, they were mostly one offs, if you get a certain way every time you get that way, its probably as you say.

InvisibleBarnaby
Interesting lifetime
Male

Re: Former YouTube Engineer Enters No-Contest Plea In Acid-Fueled Bodega Bay Rampage [Re: Tiberjuggaligger]
    #27078953 - 12/08/20 03:38 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Man has issues.  Deep underneath the esoteric layer.

OfflineMach z 800
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Former YouTube Engineer Enters No-Contest Plea In Acid-Fueled Bodega Bay Rampage [Re: Barnaby]
    #27082429 - 12/10/20 03:14 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

I think if they make psychedelics legal they should have people take some tests to see how well they are mentally before having access to them.

OfflineYokal
Stranger
Re: Former YouTube Engineer Enters No-Contest Plea In Acid-Fueled Bodega Bay Rampage [Re: Mach z 800]
    #27082931 - 12/10/20 08:08 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Ive taken acid before never even trip until the next time I wake up from a dream.

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas
    #27092533 - 12/16/20 04:38 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

searching said:
This is so sad. I think psychedelics should be legal, but it seems like there would be more incidents like this if they were. Lots of people wouldn't use them responsibly.

Psychedelics are one of the greatest loves of my life, but if it were ever made legal, it would have to be regulated pretty strictly.

It's obviously not a substance for those just looking to "get fucked up". Too many totally ignorant and unsuspecting people would acquire it for this purpose. I'm also convinced that at least half the population could be educated on psychedelics until they're blue in the face and they'd still have a nightmarish experience on them. It's clearly not for everybody.

If it were made "legal" I think people would have to take classes on psychedelics, as crazy as that may sound. Or supervised experiences. Giving strong psychedelics to just any and everyone with little to no prudent information on them would be a recipe for disaster. Now not every bad experience is going to lead to some guy losing it and doing what this guy did here in the OP but in best case scenarios it would lead to many, many hellish trips.

--------------------

Edited by Nifflerz (12/16/20 04:39 PM)

InvisibleBarnaby
Interesting lifetime
Male

Re: Former YouTube Engineer Enters No-Contest Plea In Acid-Fueled Bodega Bay Rampage [Re: Nifflerz]
    #27095178 - 12/18/20 01:13 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

" at least half the population could be educated on psychedelics until they're blue in the face and they'd still have a nightmarish experience on them."

No.  How has misinformation about it worked?  You are just blurting out "half would", why would you draw that conclusion?  Always had illuminating and insightful experiences that were extreemly fun and enjoyable.

How is heroin/fent and oxy education working?  Same schedule as it in the states?  Do you think if these people were doing lsd, peyote, mushrooms, DMT, and marijuana they would be doing what they are doing for the most part?

Going with a no but make your own educated guess and just don't blurt out half of even if educated.  Go to a major U.S. city, in the poor areas.  What are they using?  They sure aren't looking for LSD. 

And from what?  DARE!  They still have red ribbon week and those fucking signs and just say no.  Fuck off.  I wanted to just rip that sign out and throw it in the garbage.  They are teaching the same shit as the 80's.  The crack epidemic, same as lsd, the opioid.

I suffered 3 months in jail, years of probation, and a thousand dollar fine for 7 hits of LSD as I was "undereducated" to the laws and they pounce on people and make it that way with bullshit.  Fuck off and learn.  My brother called it the scarlet cross and it was for a very long fucking time.  You have no clue.  I could include the curriculum of laws but do not want to take the time, so the history of our government and the "spooks" in a cliff notes version.  Put in every text book and taught in, say "possession of a controlled substance" pops up.. no to drugs month.  Well it works doesn't it?  One person said.  Yeah, working really well.  I am conditioned as a baby to believe that with no understanding or mercy.

As well as the laws and piling them on to plead guilty to a felony with a public pretender going through his/her overburdened schedule and one as an afterthought  and people looking at you like your a complete piece of shit when trying to get employment and lack of it. 

If you were taught all that and the corruption came into place, much like what really matters life does when on lsd for many, much would change in society.  Look at it now.  Do you think it would be better or worse?

InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: Former YouTube Engineer Enters No-Contest Plea In Acid-Fueled Bodega Bay Rampage [Re: Barnaby]
    #27095570 - 12/18/20 09:58 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Gotta agree with Barnaby here...how did you come up with that number?

Do half the number of people who try psychedelics, without any education, have nightmarish experiences on them? No.

In experiments with subjects who are psychedelic naive end in nightmarish experiences? No, nothing resembling that.

Do even frat bros who are just looking to get "fucked up" end up with nightmarish experiences? No.

So why would the general population be any different? Especially after being educated, taking a metered and moderate dose, and seeking the medical benefits or a transcendent experience.

Do you really think you are "special" for enjoying and appreciating psychs?? Reality check, you're not.

Offlinesonoramo
Contaminant
Male User Gallery

Loc: California, baby! Flag
    #27095961 - 12/18/20 02:46 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Barnaby said:
...I suffered 3 months in jail, years of probation, and a thousand dollar fine for 7 hits of LSD...

Ouch. Would you be willing to say more about that? Like: How long ago? In what state? Did the judge/jury believe you were dealing, or was this "proportionate response" for personal use/possession?

So, and this may sound dumb,... but why 7? Was it 10 and you'd already taken 3? It seems like a crazy headline: "Man convicted of possessing 7 hits of LSD," like "if he had only six, we'd have gone easier on him, but seven"...

InvisibleBarnaby
Interesting lifetime
Male

Re: Former YouTube Engineer Enters No-Contest Plea In Acid-Fueled Bodega Bay Rampage [Re: sonoramo]
    #27096006 - 12/18/20 03:13 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Will get back on that, I am thinking of ants for some reason and my keyboard is looking strange.  Giant ants.  I don't want to explain it this night.  It brings me down, It went through my mind and no. I will tomorrow.

Substances are starting to kick in and this is making me feel oh so many emotions that suck..

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies