Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | Next >
OfflineAdas
Lonely Dreamer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Central EU
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official P. Subtropicales/Semperviva Thread [Re: SirPsycho] * 1
    #27816235 - 06/12/22 04:57 PM (12 days, 23 hours ago)

Killing it, Sir! Beautiful outdoor fruits! I imagine you must mist them 4x a day or so?

--------------------
Shrooms are always bluer on the other side...

Work hard, play harder, trip the hardest.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSirPsycho
Purple Belt in Google-Fu
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Official P. Subtropicales/Semperviva Thread [Re: Adas] * 1
    #27816246 - 06/12/22 05:04 PM (12 days, 23 hours ago)

Once in the morning when I get up and once when I get home from work. Sometimes I forget. Should only get better as the summer goes along.

I got 4 more quart sized cakes to bury after first flush indoors... which I fucked up by letting the casing colonize then over spraying to which has led to standing water and bacteria but they are fruiting

--------------------
Balance in life is like running on ice.

OfflineWellDuYaPunk
Being

Loc: h ness monster
Re: Official P. Subtropicales/Semperviva Thread [Re: SirPsycho] * 12
    #27816744 - 06/12/22 10:33 PM (12 days, 18 hours ago)

Just spent this lazy evening marathoning this entire 48 page thread. Will be working on these in the near future. From what I gathered, they are about 1.5x - 2x (or more) stronger than cubes and provide a different trip, a cleaner and kinder experience, also taste nicer - nutty. Trip report 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and 5-ish and more and another-ish

Fun seeing the progression of the growing technique. From different substrate types, scraping top layer and soaking then recasing, using different casing ingredients, FAE amount, etc. to now, where it seems that it’s been settled that just coir, some casing, and a good amount of water (water2), and RH as usual, is all you need. Most notable in Fresh Prints bag grows (another)

Also found it interesting how cap curling possibly decreases with every flush

-On average, takes much longer than cubes to knot, pin, and mature, wait until gills get dark, then wait more, if you want spore prints
-They continue to accumulate alkaloids if left longer to mature
-Experience compared to Tamps
-Will continue to flush, years, as long as it has nutrients and water, as seen in captainfuture’s grows
-Semperviva, Subtropicalis and Hoogshagenii var. Convexa are the same thing
-Holy cow

Guess this just turned into my spark notes for anyone passing through. Can’t wait to get started :aliendance:

Edited by WellDuYaPunk (06/13/22 08:39 PM)

OfflineSirPsycho
Purple Belt in Google-Fu

Re: Official P. Subtropicales/Semperviva Thread [Re: WellDuYaPunk] * 5
    #27819735 - 06/14/22 07:52 PM (10 days, 21 hours ago)

Spent cakes burried in a flower pot outdoors after 4th flush. I fucked up the surface trying to fix the bag and ended up burying one cake too deep. Fixed the surface now, hopefully I get one last hurrah out of these cakes.

--------------------

Edited by SirPsycho (06/14/22 07:52 PM)

OfflineNichrome
I'm a torso!

Loc: Zone 5
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official P. Subtropicales/Semperviva Thread [Re: SirPsycho] * 2
    #27819747 - 06/14/22 08:00 PM (10 days, 20 hours ago)

Those have to be some of the biggest semp caps I've seen. Nice job.

--------------------
Following the sun is what the earth is all about.

Mold is mycelium too.

Pheno Hunters

Invisiblemycorry
The Empirical
 User Gallery

Re: Official P. Subtropicales/Semperviva Thread [Re: SirPsycho] * 6
    #27819777 - 06/14/22 08:18 PM (10 days, 20 hours ago)

Quote:

SirPsycho said:

Spent cakes burried in a flower pot outdoors after 4th flush. I fucked up the surface trying to fix the bag and ended up burying one cake too deep. Fixed the surface now, hopefully I get one last hurrah out of these cakes.

In my experience, outdoor conditions and SGFC conditions = short subtrops with fat caps that have a tight curl.  For low fae conditions I ususally see tall fruit with small caps that have little to no curl & sometimes a nipple.

High FAE/SGFC Conditions
*half pint jar

Low FAE Conditions

*All pics show the exact same clone culture

Capn's grows were always on the low FAE side which is why his fruits always had that great look to them.

--------------------
My Trade Lists

OfflineSirPsycho
Purple Belt in Google-Fu

Re: Official P. Subtropicales/Semperviva Thread [Re: mycorry]
    #27819785 - 06/14/22 08:25 PM (10 days, 20 hours ago)

Quote:

Nichrome said:
Those have to be some of the biggest semp caps I've seen. Nice job.

Ty, they ended up some crazy shapes too being all clustered together.

Quote:

mycorry said:

In my experience, outdoor conditions and SGFC conditions = short subtrops with fat caps that have a tight curl.  For low fae conditions I ususally see tall fruit with small caps that have little to no curl & sometimes a nipple.

High FAE/SGFC Conditions
*half pint jar

Low FAE Conditions

*All pics show the exact same clone culture

Capn's grows were always on the low FAE side which is why his fruits always had that great look to them.

Yes, it seems like that's how it goes. Was hoping the caps would stay a bit more flat, maybe I'm keeping them too tightly covered.

Nichrome posted some beautiful little outdoor shorties too.

I got some more indoor cakes I kinda fucked up struggling to fruit first flush. They getting burried right after too.

--------------------

Invisiblemycorry
The Empirical
 User Gallery

Re: Official P. Subtropicales/Semperviva Thread [Re: SirPsycho] * 4
    #27821376 - 06/15/22 10:30 PM (9 days, 18 hours ago)

Since this has become a good repository for Subtropicales info, I wanted to remind everyone that Subtrops are great for those who enjoy Myceliated Grain styles of cultivation. Anyone who has ever cultivated subtrops will eventually find out that shaking old forgotten jars of spawn will cause rapid dark blueing.

What is Myceliated Grain? Use search. There are a lot of really good explanations here.

This is a jar I spawned to pure white porso millet(no gypsum or any additives) back in November '21. I meant to only wait 3 months but life gets in the way. 

How can you tell when its ripe?
#1 time- 3 months should do it
#2 Dark Ropey Veins- these usually indicate a well aged spawn/culture
#3 It pulls away from the sides due to evaporation

Seven Month old jar of Subtrop additive-free spawn

See the Veins? See how it pulls away from the sides?

As a control for comparison, below is what Subtrops look like after just 3 weeks of colonization

Its a similar strategy to making quality sclerotia. Inoculate a bag of additive free grain then set it aside for X amount of months.

:shroomeryhead:

--------------------
My Trade Lists

OfflineNichrome
I'm a torso!

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official P. Subtropicales/Semperviva Thread [Re: mycorry] * 4
    #27821618 - 06/16/22 01:22 AM (9 days, 15 hours ago)

Quote:

mycorry said:
Since this has become a good repository for Subtropicales info, I wanted to remind everyone that Subtrops are great for those who enjoy Myceliated Grain styles of cultivation. Anyone who has ever cultivated subtrops will eventually find out that shaking old forgotten jars of spawn will cause rapid dark blueing.

What is Myceliated Grain? Use search. There are a lot of really good explanations here.

This is a jar I spawned to pure white porso millet(no gypsum or any additives) back in November '21. I meant to only wait 3 months but life gets in the way. 

How can you tell when its ripe?
#1 time- 3 months should do it
#2 Dark Ropey Veins- these usually indicate a well aged spawn/culture
#3 It pulls away from the sides due to evaporation

Seven Month old jar of Subtrop additive-free spawn

See the Veins? See how it pulls away from the sides?

As a control for comparison, below is what Subtrops look like after just 3 weeks of colonization

Its a similar strategy to making quality sclerotia. Inoculate a bag of additive free grain then set it aside for X amount of months.

You are really on to something here.

Here is a white rice "cake"  noc'd Nov 10 2021. Did about a dozen of these and started harvesting them at about a month old and every month or so after. It is still getting progressively stronger as time rolls on. It was honestly decent at about a month but there is a lot more magic as time goes by.

Here is a thick slurry of 1:1 brown rice (pre-cooked) and water with yeast and amino acids added to give it some peck. The "leathers" get pulled off the surface whenever I get to it but no sooner than a month. The leathers are quite strong according to the daring few willing participants.

Potent mycelium is cool. I think there is a lot more beta carboline in semp myc than people have commonly realized yet.

Some babes for the gander.

Edited by Nichrome (06/16/22 01:31 AM)

OfflineAdas
Lonely Dreamer
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official P. Subtropicales/Semperviva Thread [Re: Nichrome]
    #27821914 - 06/16/22 05:55 AM (9 days, 10 hours ago)

Nice! I have eaten some Azzy myc grains before. Small amount, but it has serious mood-boosting effects. Not to the point of trippy, but I've spent the entire morning in bed listening to music, feeling amazing.

I have also tried sterilizing Chickpeas and colonizing it with Azzies, but then it turned such crazy colors I was afraid to eat it. Even though I am almost sure it was clean. But with such amount of protein and time the Azzy myc turns all sorts of amber-brown-dark blue. Yikes! I'm pretty sure it would have blown my mind tho.

--------------------

OfflineSirPsycho
Purple Belt in Google-Fu

Re: Official P. Subtropicales/Semperviva Thread [Re: Adas] * 1
    #27821930 - 06/16/22 06:51 AM (9 days, 10 hours ago)

Lmfao Adas.

Stones? Bad. Throw that shit away.

Myceliated grain? Yum, let me at it.

You're a mystery wrapped in an enigma, big homie.

--------------------

OfflineAdas
Lonely Dreamer
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official P. Subtropicales/Semperviva Thread [Re: SirPsycho] * 1
    #27821931 - 06/16/22 06:53 AM (9 days, 10 hours ago)

:rofl: :rofl:

I've just tried it once. More for the novelty than anything.

--------------------

InvisibleReverendMyc
 User Gallery

Re: Official P. Subtropicales/Semperviva Thread [Re: Nichrome] * 1
    #27822303 - 06/16/22 12:44 PM (9 days, 4 hours ago)

Quote:

mycorry said:

Quote:

Nichrome said:

Potent mycelium is cool. I think there is a lot more beta carboline in semp myc than people have commonly realized yet.

:takingnotes:
Thanks for this. I believe I have a myceliated wheat jar that is just over 100 days old. Think I will give it a shake and bake to try this out. Will report my findings here.

--------------------
Stoned Gummys
Rev LAGM 2.022
How to succeed in mycology (and life) - know nothing, read everything, try something, and accept advice.

OfflineNichrome
I'm a torso!

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official P. Subtropicales/Semperviva Thread [Re: ReverendMyc]
    #27822329 - 06/16/22 01:04 PM (9 days, 3 hours ago)

A flour mill is a handy tool.

--------------------

Mold is mycelium too.

Pheno Hunters

InvisibleReverendMyc
 User Gallery

Re: Official P. Subtropicales/Semperviva Thread [Re: Nichrome] * 1
    #27822363 - 06/16/22 01:23 PM (9 days, 3 hours ago)

Poop! I misread my notes. It is only 2 months old. I will hang on to it for another month then give it a go.

I use a stick blender while boiling my teas then strain through cheese cloth or brewer's bag. I have found this to produce significantly stronger tea with sclerotai/stones. Especially good for making gummies.

--------------------
Stoned Gummys
Rev LAGM 2.022
How to succeed in mycology (and life) - know nothing, read everything, try something, and accept advice.

OfflineA.k.a
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaming the system
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official P. Subtropicales/Semperviva Thread [Re: ReverendMyc]
    #27822672 - 06/16/22 04:20 PM (9 days, 33 minutes ago)

How much grain are you guys eating?

--------------------
LAGM2020

InvisibleReverendMyc
 User Gallery

Re: Official P. Subtropicales/Semperviva Thread [Re: A.k.a] * 1
    #27822691 - 06/16/22 04:26 PM (9 days, 28 minutes ago)

Found this after some digging.

Quote:

don_shadow said:
It’s really simple. Find genetics of a species known to be active in mycelial form. Only two are known with certainty to be active; Ps. caerulescens and Ps. semperviva, but experiment with others and report your findings. Incubate hydrated grain for 2 months. Break up the grains and dehydrate for 24 hours. If using brown rice, grind it up and mix into a smoothie or hot chocolate. If using large kernel grains like oats, barley or wheat, simmer and stir in a pot of water for 20 minutes. Strain the liquid through a coffee filter or mesh strainer, and mix in some tea or cacao with the strained liquid. 1 level tablespoon of dehydrated whole grain equals roughly 1 gram cubensis. Drink it slowly (over 45 minutes to an hour), as this stuff kicks in very fast and comes on like a freight train.

Re: Myceliated Grain TEK (moved)

So I will be testing 1 tablespoon.

--------------------
Stoned Gummys
Rev LAGM 2.022

OfflineNichrome
I'm a torso!

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official P. Subtropicales/Semperviva Thread [Re: ReverendMyc] * 1
    #27822745 - 06/16/22 04:43 PM (9 days, 11 minutes ago)

Seems to affect different people differently. More so than the average bear.

Those fluorescent reflective colors aren't nothing.

--------------------

Mold is mycelium too.

Pheno Hunters

Offlinerex-nemorensis
Stranger
Male

Loc: Russia
Re: Official P. Subtropicales/Semperviva Thread [Re: smalltalk_canceled] * 1
    #27822793 - 06/16/22 05:09 PM (8 days, 23 hours ago)

Smalltalk,Buddy!
I did it!
Thank you for a wonderful Christmas present)

https://ibb.co/y04KQLN

Agar-LC-Barley-straw compost-pasteurized soil for cacti with the addition of bentonite and volcanic lava

Edited by rex-nemorensis (06/16/22 05:28 PM)

Invisiblemycorry
The Empirical
 User Gallery

Re: Official P. Subtropicales/Semperviva Thread [Re: Nichrome]
    #27822895 - 06/16/22 06:10 PM (8 days, 22 hours ago)

Quote:

Nichrome said:

Here is a white rice "cake"  noc'd Nov 10 2021. Did about a dozen of these and started harvesting them at about a month old and every month or so after. It is still getting progressively stronger as time rolls on. It was honestly decent at about a month but there is a lot more magic as time goes by.

Here is a thick slurry of 1:1 brown rice (pre-cooked) and water with yeast and amino acids added to give it some peck. The "leathers" get pulled off the surface whenever I get to it but no sooner than a month. The leathers are quite strong according to the daring few willing participants.

Some babes for the gander.

Ya it seems to be a ratio of:

Chosen culture:How dense & bioavailable the nutrients are:Time: misc unknown variables from drying/consuming

Unfortunately, IMO, dialing it in to any sort of tek wouldn't really work due to all the factors involved.

I chose white porso millet because of it's absurd nutrition capacity for mushrooms, and subtrops seem to get something extra out of millet IME(anecdotal).  I've been meaning to run a side by side test on how much nutrition density affects potency with subtrop myceliated grain. I want to make a jar of irresponsibly nutrient dense grain spawn with all the old quack cultivator-rumor additives: millet with coffee, soy peptone, yeast extract, etc etc... then inoculate a jar of just millet with the same clone culture then give it 6 months to see the results. Probably wouldn't be any difference but who knows.

I imagine that if you wanted to wait 6 months or more for a myceliated grain project it may be a good idea prep the spawn with a little more water content than normal, but that could just introduce more factors for contam.

--------------------
My Trade Lists

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | Next >

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom