Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinegotmagog
searching fortruth andlogic...

Loc: Europe
Salvia Divinorum, Sounds and Setting
    #2706681 - 05/20/04 05:52 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Hi there
I will smoke Salvia again in a few days and i am thinking a lot about the experience and how to get the best of it.
I read recently on the internet and in the archives of the forums here that Salvia, its spirit/entity, is somehow connected to nature and that tripping outside, especially near a body of water, is amazing.This old post sparked my interest:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...ev=#Post1973023

I have smoked and broken through on Salvia several times, and I liked it very much, it gave me some insights and I felt perfectly after the trips. The attitude of respect really improves the experience. I have always tripped in my room, no light, soft ambient music, and everything was perfect, even without a sitter. But I did not meet Lady Salvia, the feminine entity many others say have felt clearly. There were some entities, but they seemed rather alien to me.

I am considering being outside, in the night in the forrest for my next Salvia trip. Have any of you tried to trip with salvia outside, in a forest, or at the shore of a lake, and how was it? Was it a completely different experience, a connection with nature or such? And when outside, during the day or at night?

And how exactly does the new location change the trip, because if one really breaks through he is not in this world anymore. My theory is it is the sound. When in my room with music, I became the music (Aphex twin selected ambient works was perfect) for several minutes, the beat was a part of me. I wonder how the choice of a certain track changes the Salvia experience, and whether I may use music to give some direction to an otherwise hard, impossible almost to control trip.

Maybe outside the sounds of nature gently enter our mind and senses, and call the Salvia entity in this way, so it is easier to see clearly Lady Salvia and hear her advice.

BTW , a thing to consider, a possible drawback, for the outside setting is I have to make sure I am alone, and also choose a place where it is impossible to hurt myself.

So what do u think about this, please answer me and share your opinions about my theories about Salvia Divinorum.

Peace

Edited by gotmagog (05/20/04 06:05 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

there is always a tension between control and letting go. [Re: gotmagog]
    #2706781 - 05/20/04 06:06 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

one wants to control the experience to be a good one, and probably a different new one, but one knows one needs to let go constantly or pay the price of frantically trying to hold on to something that may not actually exist any longer.
well,
out of doors, can't hurt much. (a sitter is always a good idea)
you can't control any insect or other out door traffic and do you really need to?
you also can't control which gestalts become strongly resonant so you need to be accepting of what ever arises and whatever falls away.

Offlinegotmagog
searching fortruth andlogic...

Loc: Europe
Re: there is always a tension between control and letting go. [Re: redgreenvines]
    #2706980 - 05/20/04 06:25 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Well, some control is always possible, choosing the set and setting is influencing the trip on some level, though not always directly.

Even when "letting go" of the ego one can remember what were some of the problems and goals of the ego, and try to solve them and think about them whether they had any meaning at the first place, (which is also a sollution by itself, to find that the worries were meaningless at the first place)

Maybe not so much during the phase of the Salvia trip where one is in another dimension, but when one returns to this world and gradually restores his ego, a focused mind might ask for ?nswers to his questions, which is what causes the act of taking the substance at the first place.

I think there is something like having an intent in one's soul that remains even during ego-loss, though i can't explain it well, something on a higher level than the wishes of the ego. The word superego comes to me, but i don't want any false associations with Freud's theories

OfflineToolman
This one, thisform I hold now
 User Gallery

Loc: The borderline
Re: Lady Salvia , Sounds and Setting [Re: gotmagog]
    #2707196 - 05/20/04 06:49 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I have been doing some research on Salvia, myself.
I have only seen her 1 time, and the rest of the trips have been very strange.
So i stopped using salvia, but there was something in the back of my head that said "dont give up on this plant".

After reading about the Mazatecs and how they use and view the plant, I am ready to start again.

The Mazatecs shamans say she is shy like a deer.
They have no mythology, no folklore, to explain Salvia. They also call it Ska Pastora, the leaves of the shepherdess.

The way they use it:
Is in total darkness, like they use mushrooms.
Praying out loud for her. I think they do this, to say why they entered her dimension ( teaching/healing/guidance )
They say laughter scares away the spirit. This is how i lost contact with her. So i would think music does the same thing.

Note that this is while chewing the fresh leaves from the plant, and not smoking it.

Thats what i will be doing when i get my leaves in the mail.
She must be approached with care and respect.
I am not sure smoking is the way to go...

--------------------
Dreaming of that face again. It's bright and blue and shimmering. Grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

OfflineFatVsAsia
missing thehappy days...
 Arcade Champion: Tontie

Loc: Bolinas, California
Re: Lady Salvia , Sounds and Setting [Re: gotmagog]
    #2707995 - 05/20/04 09:16 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

control is not possible...

--------------------
Smoke The Weed

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
Re: Salvia Divinorum, Sounds and Setting [Re: gotmagog]
    #2707997 - 05/20/04 09:16 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Yes, I definately would agree that smoking salvia at night will give you better results. I will post a short trip report of my experience. Earlier this month I went white water rafting and at night outside of my tent, with thousands of beautiful stars in the sky, I loaded up 1 full bowl of 5x salvia into my glass pipe. I was sitting at a picnic table and took a hit, and about 10 seconds later I felt a strong perspective change. I looked around and everything around me looked fake, like it was put there in the same manner props would be put on a stage for a play. I heard two girls that I've met earlier that day laughing from a tent a little down the dirt road. I think they must of heard me moving about on this quiet night and they were jokingly asking "who's there? It's a ghost!" This seemed incredibly funny to me, because it all of reality seemed like some goofy cartoon, and that I was a charcter in this silly cartoon/show that we call reality. I fought hard not to burst out with laughter thinking about all of this. I thought of my friends and how they were just characters acting out their parts, and these girls giggliing were doing this on purpose in order to somehow affect my actions. Even when I looked up at the sky, it seemed fake! It looked like it was a giant curved canvas with many white dots all over. All of this began to startle me, especially the idea that I have been playing this cartoon character all of my life. I decided to go back in the tent and I remember saying over and over again "this is all too wierd! way wierd!". Lying down in the dark tent I began to wonder how easily and how quickly my perspective changed so radically. How each person and living thing must have it's own unique and utterly different view of their existance that we can't possibly imagine. How does reality appear to a bug? It must be unimaginable alien to us, and even how other people view the world is so different from ours because of all the possible emotions, beliefs, values, and differences in their senses. For a little while I became afraid that I'd never be able to go back to my usual out look on life after this experience and that when the salvia began to let go of my conciousness. I then fell asleep rather quickly and woke up feeling super the next morning, ready for rafting! I will definately try salvia again during the night, it's something about the quiet darkness of nature that really made the most of my experience off 1 bowl of 5x.

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
Re: Salvia Divinorum, Sounds and Setting [Re: gotmagog]
    #2708015 - 05/20/04 09:21 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Yes, I definately would agree that smoking salvia at night will give you better results. I will post a short trip report of my experience. Earlier this month I went white water rafting and at night outside of my tent, with thousands of beautiful stars in the sky, I loaded up 1 full bowl of 5x salvia into my glass pipe. I was sitting at a picnic table and took a hit, and about 10 seconds later I felt a strong perspective change. I looked around and everything around me looked fake, like it was put there in the same manner props would be put on a stage for a play. I heard two girls that I've met earlier that day laughing from a tent a little down the dirt road. I think they must of heard me moving about on this quiet night and they were jokingly asking "who's there? It's a ghost!" This seemed incredibly funny to me, because all of reality was like some goofy cartoon, and that I was a charcter in this silly cartoon/show that we call reality. I fought hard not to burst out with laughter thinking about all of this. I thought of my friends and how they were just characters acting out their parts, and these girls giggliing were doing this on purpose in order to somehow affect my actions. Even when I looked up at the sky, it seemed fake! It looked like it was a giant curved canvas with many white dots all over. All of this began to startle me, especially the idea that I have been playing this cartoon character all of my life. I decided to go back in the tent and I remember saying over and over again "this is all too wierd! way wierd!". Lying down in the dark tent I began to wonder how easily and how quickly my perspective changed so radically. How each person and living thing must have it's own unique and utterly different view of their existance that we can't possibly imagine. How does reality appear to a bug? It must be unimaginably alien to us, and even how other people view the world is so different from ours because of all the possible emotions, beliefs, values, and differences in their senses. I was totally amazed that there are infinite amount of ways to experience conciousness, and that my conciousness is just a tiny little slice of what's possible to experience. For a little while I became afraid that I'd never be able to go back to my usual out look on life after this experience and that's when the salvia began to let go of my conciousness. I then fell asleep rather quickly and woke up feeling super the next morning, ready for rafting! I will definately try salvia again during the night, it's something about the quiet darkness of nature that really made the most of my experience off 1 bowl of 5x.

OfflineCurtishroom
psuedo hippie

Re: Salvia Divinorum, Sounds and Setting [Re: chodamunky]
    #2710063 - 05/21/04 07:18 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I found that the most profound time I used salvia was when I was outsidea during the daytime. I was sitting by a lake and the sun was gleaming down and as I looked into it I saw lots of stuff and I felt that nature is what everything is, everything made sense and it felt really good to feel that knowledge. Too bad it only lasts 5 minutes, i wish it lasted longer. Anyway, try what I did and see what happens.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience