Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Coir

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGTEED
Stranger

oh no!!!!
    #27060538 - 11/27/20 06:44 PM (1 month, 30 days ago)

I bought a new cabnet from amamzon and put it together and the next day i noticed that where I had moved things was getting full sun. It seems like the sun may have made my mycelium look whiter. Also im having alot of condenstation in my jars and i may have over hydrated my grain (First attempt at trying to grow). Could a few of you take a look at one of my jars that seems to be one of the more extreams, and let me know if things are bad or okay? It would be greatly appreciated.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

Loc: Borderlands Flag
Re: oh no!!!! [Re: GTEED]
    #27060559 - 11/27/20 06:59 PM (1 month, 30 days ago)

Its bacterial. Not caused by sun. Im guessing this is syringe to grains? Agar will prevent this.

Top might be mold? I can't decide if its just shrunk, or dark from mold

Edited by LtLurker (11/27/20 07:00 PM)

OfflineGTEED
Stranger

Re: oh no!!!! [Re: LtLurker]
    #27061000 - 11/28/20 02:53 AM (1 month, 30 days ago)

Oh i believe the darkness is from where it was shrank. what got me paranoid is seeing the post of "What it should look like and what it shouldn't" they were saying that mycelium that is super white is what it shouldn't look like. Also there is a lot of condensation and even water throughout the jar. Thats what i am concerned about. The water and the really white mycelium. Do my jars seem bad or okay for those two things?

Also this was A2G.

Edited by GTEED (11/28/20 02:55 AM)

OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

#27061298 - 11/28/20 11:06 AM (1 month, 29 days ago)

yes the water and thick white myc make me think bacteria. Maybe your prep was too wet, misssed bacteria on plate, or something else.

OfflineHaywire
Wetspot Wizard
Male

#27061395 - 11/28/20 12:26 PM (1 month, 29 days ago)

If you needed a second opinion, it's bacterial for exactly the same reasons LTLurker mentioned.
I would check my sterilization cycle.

--------------------
Ciao mamma, guarda come mi diverto

My grows :mushroom2: Outdoor patches

Edited by Haywire (11/28/20 12:26 PM)

OfflineGTEED
Stranger

Re: oh no!!!! [Re: Haywire]
    #27062617 - 11/29/20 10:43 AM (1 month, 28 days ago)

Can the bacteria look just like mycelium? also what would happen if I spawned it to shoeboxes? Would I be risking any health-related concerns?

here's some more pics from a different Jar.

OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

#27062634 - 11/29/20 10:54 AM (1 month, 28 days ago)

Bacteria Itself isn't visible, but the signs of it are in the myc. Thick slow growth, wet grains that won't colonize, and metabolites are the things to notice.

At this point i'd give them a good shake to try and get those other grains colonized. When it's ready, you can either top fruit the jar, or spawn in like normal.
The drawback to tub spawning is it'll take more time to recover and colonize, increasing the chance of opportunistic molds getting a foot hold in the bacterial grains.
The drawback of top fruiting is you have less surface area, so it'll probably yield less than a tub could.

I don't think there's a right answer, it's your call on how to attempt fruiting.

OfflineGTEED
Stranger

#27063928 - 11/30/20 05:05 AM (1 month, 28 days ago)

well I am no expert in this, but I believe the source of the water is from condensation on the sides of my jars and then I'm picking them up every other day to check them because I have to be nosey looking at it lol. I'm not really having any grains that will not colonize. I am having slow growth though. My temperatures are kind of a problem. I keep a little radiator heater in the room, but until I make it home around 12-4 am the temperatures are dropping down to 62 degrees F. During the day they hover around 67-75 without the heater. Nighttime is my issue.

these pictures below are what messed me up. they look almost identical as far as the color of mycelium. Both of these images seem to have bright white mycelium.

Following picture's source: JHOVA
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/17231150/fpart/77/vc/1#17231150

Top:how it should look
Bottom:Should not look.

sorry im a nood, but thanks for all the help/advice.

OfflineHaywire
Wetspot Wizard
Male

#27063950 - 11/30/20 05:53 AM (1 month, 28 days ago)

personally I don't see too much difference between those two pictures.
except that that second jar looks more 'filled out', if that makes sense.
I always find it hard to judge on a screen.
When you look at it in person, theres much more nuance visible.

Quote:

GTEED said:

these actually look pretty good as far as I can tell. the colony edges look like they're continuing the conquest and are not stopping. the bottom grains look dry, which is a good sign it's not bacterially contaminated. as LT said, I would shake and see how it recovers.

--------------------

OfflineGTEED
Stranger

Re: oh no!!!! [Re: Haywire]
    #27064022 - 11/30/20 08:05 AM (1 month, 28 days ago)

Glad to hear you think they look okay Haywire. Yeah the colony edges look like mycelium so im assuming its a good sign. I believe I am going to spawn them as shoe-boxes so that way maybe some of my jars might could produce. Figure putting all my eggs in one basket would not be the greatest idea since this is my first attempt at growing these sacraments. Will be my first time tripping and it will be ones grew myself. Just got to hope they are not contaminated and I eat them and get sick :P  surely not gonna be the case I hope. I'm assuming if mushrooms end up fruiting looking correct they would be contaminate free.

OfflineHaywire
Wetspot Wizard
Male

#27064051 - 11/30/20 08:56 AM (1 month, 28 days ago)

a wise idea, spawning them separately to shoeboxes.
but shake them first and see how they recover.

Although I don't recommend this, I have spawned lightly bacterial spawn to coir and have had decent results.
I think you should aim to improve your technique untill you're able to produce clean spawn.
However, if you have a fungal contamination, definitely don't use the spawn.

good luck!

--------------------

OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

#27064200 - 11/30/20 10:59 AM (1 month, 27 days ago)

Quote:

GTEED said:
Will be my first time tripping and it will be ones grew myself. Just got to hope they are not contaminated and I eat them and get sick :P  surely not gonna be the case I hope. I'm assuming if mushrooms end up fruiting looking correct they would be contaminate free.

Anything that could make you sick should be obvious like a mold. Getting fruits doesn't necessarily mean contam free. Sometimes i'll continue a chain of g2g until it just won't fruit anymore, knowing it's getting bacterial. It still fruits mostly fine when they begin to pick up some bacteria and they don't make you sick or anything like that. At some point they get too bad to produce before molds take hold.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Coir

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started