Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Agar

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineOppai
Stranger
First time grower, only side pins.
    #27051510 - 11/22/20 07:31 AM (2 months, 4 days ago)

Hello, I bought grow kit to start my adventure, I placed some paper around plastic box to block some of sunlight (I know now that it is doing nothing) but I decided to take it off to have better look how they are doing and I notice some water drops, and top was full of mycelium (not sure though), I stopped watering for around 4-5 days and now mushrooms are only growing on sides of the box, should I take it out of it and let them grow free? Will this grow kit have 2 flush? not sure what to do now, thanks in advance ^^

they are cambodian.

https://imgur.com/a/ew52huZ (same pictures)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSunny Skies
Cluster Head
 User Gallery

Loc: top of the triangle
Re: First time grower, only side pins. [Re: Oppai]
    #27051532 - 11/22/20 08:02 AM (2 months, 4 days ago)

dont know Jack about kits but do yourself a favour and take some prints and learn agar.you are getting side pins due to shitty surface conditions, they pin on the sides because conditions are  the sweet spot.

--------------------
I stink therefore I am.

OfflineOppai
Stranger
Re: First time grower, only side pins. [Re: Sunny Skies]
    #27051545 - 11/22/20 08:21 AM (2 months, 4 days ago)

should I take it out of box to give them more space to grow? some of them are getting to surface from sides but most are growing sideways, Will they be okay without box? something like cake?

Offlineglive
Stranger
Re: First time grower, only side pins. [Re: Sunny Skies]
    #27051546 - 11/22/20 08:23 AM (2 months, 4 days ago)

There's no need to take them out of the box. The sides of the box won't restrict how big they'll grow, they might just grow in to some funny shapes.

As long as it doesn't get contaminated, the kit should get two flushes. You will just have to wait and see, and mist it if it looks too dry.

InvisibleShroombitz
Not entitled to a title
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: First time grower, only side pins. [Re: Oppai]
    #27051771 - 11/22/20 11:12 AM (2 months, 4 days ago)

Quote:

Oppai said:
Hello, I bought grow kit to start my adventure, I placed some paper around plastic box to block some of sunlight (I know now that it is doing nothing) but I decided to take it off to have better look how they are doing and I notice some water drops, and top was full of mycelium (not sure though), I stopped watering for around 4-5 days and now mushrooms are only growing on sides of the box, should I take it out of it and let them grow free? Will this grow kit have 2 flush? not sure what to do now, thanks in advance ^^

they are cambodian.

https://imgur.com/a/ew52huZ (same pictures)

Have a look here :cool:

--------------------
Ask not what your shrooms can do for you, ask what you can do for your shrooms.

InvisibleShroombitz
Not entitled to a title
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: First time grower, only side pins. [Re: Shroombitz]
    #27051776 - 11/22/20 11:15 AM (2 months, 4 days ago)

They grow on the sides because the micro climate there is better than on the upper surface, which seems to be too wet. Take the cake out of the box put it in a SGFC and give it some FAE.

--------------------
Ask not what your shrooms can do for you, ask what you can do for your shrooms.

Edited by Shroombitz (11/22/20 01:05 PM)

OfflineYumyumyumyum
Thinker
 User Gallery

Re: First time grower, only side pins. [Re: Shroombitz]
    #27051974 - 11/22/20 01:04 PM (2 months, 4 days ago)

They are fine, you can flip that and they will grow. Like someone pointed out above they will just grow funny. I end up with a couple now and again in my tubs. The only issue I find is not catching them fast enough before the veil breaks.

OfflineInnerWisdom
Male

Loc: North EU
Re: First time grower, only side pins. [Re: glive]
    #27051981 - 11/22/20 01:09 PM (2 months, 4 days ago)

Quote:

glive said:
There's no need to take them out of the box. The sides of the box won't restrict how big they'll grow, they might just grow in to some funny shapes.

As long as it doesn't get contaminated, the kit should get two flushes. You will just have to wait and see, and mist it if it looks too dry.

the sides of the box can definitely restrict how big they will grow, but it doesn't matter. Aim to get proper surface conditions like water droplets and sufficient FAE and wait for pins to pop on the surface

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Agar

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started