Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
Biden isn't taking your guns away but he's taking your 45 away.
    #27051095 - 11/21/20 08:10 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

How are you doing as a Trump supporter?

Surely you are royally pissed off by the election, but are you positive at all?

The USA can't be completely changed with 4 years of Biden.

What do you think Biden will try to do in order to please Trump followers?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCrazy_Horse
I’m Rick James, bitch!
 User Gallery

Loc: Hampsterdam
Re: Biden isn't taking your guns away but he's taking your 45 away. [Re: Patlal] * 5
    #27051110 - 11/21/20 08:27 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

We could have 8 years of biden.

--------------------

OfflineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

Re: Biden isn't taking your guns away but he's taking your 45 away. [Re: Crazy_Horse]
    #27051123 - 11/21/20 08:40 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Executive action about limiting anything requires lobbying and legislation for any real change

--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

InvisibleEminence
Male

Loc: Richmond, VA Flag
Re: Biden isn't taking your guns away but he's taking your 45 away. [Re: Seriously_trippin] * 2
    #27051139 - 11/21/20 08:51 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Haven't accepted defeat yet. I keep hearing talk about some major evidence being withheld to be presented in court so I'm holding out hope on whatever that turns out to be.

But I have a feeling Biden isn't even gonna live through his first term. I think it's the brown Hillary Clinton people should be thinking of.

But also, why does nobody ever pay any attention to the power of demographics on this site? Biden himself may not be able to do a ton in 4 years, but the guy promised no deportations for at least a hundred days and nobody knows how long that might extend. That is basically an invitation for a ton of people to flood over here that will almost all vote democrat when given the chance (and if I remember right, WikiLeaks showed that democrat cities were already letting them with drivers license). That's why some democrats were referring to their Latino voter base as the "taco bowl" in some of those same emails. The ones that don't vote for them they call white supremacists lol. But you make a move that sets in some kind of large demographic sway to people who vote a certain way, that's already one step taken to change future generations within one presidency. Especially if they go ahead and manage to get felons and children to also vote and abolish the EC like the Dems have suggested.

I honestly don't think Biden will try to do anything for Trump supporters. The crazy left that are much louder and crazier than the rest of the left would bully him if he tried to anyway

--------------------

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 613 Flag
Re: Biden isn't taking your guns away but he's taking your 45 away. [Re: Patlal] * 3
    #27051157 - 11/21/20 08:57 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

I expect him to be another Obama or Clinton. Not all that left at all economically, and differing from Republicans mainly on select hot button topics. But as usual, regardless of the party in power, moneyed interests are in no real danger of disruption.

Onlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Loc: House of Mirrors
Re: Biden isn't taking your guns away but he's taking your 45 away. [Re: psi] * 9
    #27051187 - 11/21/20 09:26 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

I think it's the brown Hillary Clinton people should be thinking of.

Jesus Christ, imagine having the kind of brain that would compel you to say some shit like this.

she is extremely different from clinton. but I'm 99% sure you're just calling her that because she is a woman

Onlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Re: Biden isn't taking your guns away but he's taking your 45 away. [Re: psi] * 4
    #27051190 - 11/21/20 09:28 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

psi said:
I expect him to be another Obama or Clinton. Not all that left at all economically, and differing from Republicans mainly on select hot button topics. But as usual, regardless of the party in power, moneyed interests are in no real danger of disruption.

I am hoping that Harris and Sanders push his policies further left. I think there is a decent chance they will. Sanders is supposed to be Secretary of Labor under Biden I believe. Which means all of his minimum wage increase stuff, etc. seems more likely to become a reality

Invisiblelavod
Seal Whisperer
 User Gallery

Loc: Over the rainbow
Re: Biden isn't taking your guns away but he's taking your 45 away. [Re: morrowasted] * 4
    #27051257 - 11/21/20 10:16 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

-Fuck Biden
-I'm not a Trump supporter
-Nobody is taking my 45 away which, incidentally, is a .455 Webley made in 19th century England, over a century before they wrongfully banned handguns from their citizenry.
-$15 minimum wage will have a very detrimental impact on the economy and I do not support it.
-No matter who is president, at least the U.S. does'nt brutally massacre tens ov thousands ov baby seals every year like Canada.

--------------------

Onlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Re: Biden isn't taking your guns away but he's taking your 45 away. [Re: lavod] * 8
    #27051265 - 11/21/20 10:20 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

that took a turn for the weird

OnlineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit! Flag
Re: Biden isn't taking your guns away but he's taking your 45 away. [Re: morrowasted] * 5
    #27051300 - 11/21/20 10:54 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

I'm hoping Trump's militia tries to start a civil war and Biden drone strikes them into a pink mist

Actually, no. I take that back. I'm hoping to pick up some hella tacticool gear from the corpses. I don't want it getting too banged up.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflinePsion
Sage
Re: Biden isn't taking your guns away but he's taking your 45 away. [Re: lavod] * 4
    #27051301 - 11/21/20 10:54 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

lavod said:
-Fuck Biden
-Nobody is taking my 45 away which, incidentally, is a .455 Webley made in 19th century England, over a century before they wrongfully banned handguns from their citizenry.
-$15 minimum wage will have a very detrimental impact on the economy and I do not support it.
-No matter who is president, at least the U.S. does'nt brutally massacre tens ov thousands ov baby seals every year like Canada.

im curious why you think raising the minimum wage to 15$ would have a very detrimental impact on the economy? it's not been raised in decades, and is very, VERY far behind inflation. raising it to 15$ isn't even really properly fixing it to the proper "level" of living wage it was originally intended to be when it was first implemented. it really should be higher, and tied to the costs of inflation so that we aren't having to constantly fix it far too late, leaving the masses starved and unable to have spending money - which boosts the economy.

far, far more than few billionaires buying a luxury vehicle or two.

the wealth of america is not built on the backs of bezos deciding to drop a cool billion here and there on a rocket. it's built on the millions of americans making purchases on amazon every day, people buying cheap crap at wal-mart, the poor masses buying canned foods for thanksgiving. raising their very shitty minimum wage to a decent living wage would drastically increase their spending power, causing a "wellspring of wealth" effect that is the foundation of any economy.

the world can and has survived before without billionaires and trillionares. it cannot, however, survive without a healthy population of middle class workers. such countries that neglect their citizens eventually collapse or wind up with revolution and reformation due to an angry and starving populace.

no one (reasonable) is asking for the minimum wage to be raised to 1000$ an hour. i mean, we could, but it would just cause chaos, a bunch of headaches, more money would have to be printed to actually handle the amounts of money in circulation needed for that kind of wages to be paid, and all it would do is...well, the same thing as paying people a living wage in the first place. the markets would balance out, we'd wind up with 100$ cheeseburger meals, but people would be able to afford them, and change would be a pain in the ass to deal with.

raising the minimum wage to 15$ an hour would also cause a bit of chaos and headaches, but it's much more managable - the government could, for instance, immediately raise the wage to 15$ an hour, help absorb some of the inital wage hike costs for the first year or two and phase that out as time goes on. this way, we're not waiting for wages to get to livable levels for TEN MORE YEARS, the economy gets boosted, and employers and the economy have time to adjust. plus, the government will easily recoup much of the costs via sales taxes - because raising around 44% of americans wages (the amount that make less than 15% an hour) will dramatically boost the amount of purchasing power going on!

OnlineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit! Flag
Re: Biden isn't taking your guns away but he's taking your 45 away. [Re: Psion]
    #27051306 - 11/21/20 10:58 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Minimum wage should be at least $11.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflinePsion
Sage
Re: Biden isn't taking your guns away but he's taking your 45 away. [Re: Baby_Hitler] * 1
    #27051320 - 11/21/20 11:12 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

i dunno - you gotta also take into account the cost of housing, and healthcare, which have gone up dramatically as a % of overall spending. for instance, between my rent, electricity/heating, obamacare (cheap because i'm poor, but not fully free) and basic internet - it's 495 + 130ish (wintertime and going up) + 60 + 33 a month. and i only make 2 paychecks of roughly 495 in a typical month (biweekly pay) at michigan minimum wage ($9.65 an hour), plus 3 times a year a lucky "bonus check" when theres 3 paychecks that fall in a month.

that's roughly 72% of my living expenses right there. 11$ an hour would only change that to 63% or so of my living expenses at best. better, but hardly anything close to the 30% rule of thumb that your rent (including utilities) that your rent should be.

and this is not some glam apartment either, nor an unreasonably high rent cost for the area. the problem is, the cost of living has just gone up, WAY up, while living wages have stagnated terribly.

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
Re: Biden isn't taking your guns away but he's taking your 45 away. [Re: Baby_Hitler] * 3
    #27051364 - 11/22/20 12:19 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:
Minimum wage should be at least $11.

I think it should be 20 an hour.:shrug:

--------------------

OfflinePsion
Sage
Re: Biden isn't taking your guns away but he's taking your 45 away. [Re: tyrannicalrex] * 1
    #27051371 - 11/22/20 12:46 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

20$ an hour WOULD put mine, and a lot of other peoples rent, including utilities, down in the "roughly 30% of total gross income" category again. not saying you're wrong or right, but it does sound about right.

of course, some cities 20$ an hour still isn't quite enough, do to the sheer cost of living due to high demand, skyrocketing housing costs, etc etc, but for most cities, that would be pretty good - it would allow people to afford rent, actual food that isn't processed shit that poisons their bodies, let them see the doctor more than every 10 years, pay all their bills without deciding which ones they will have to avoid paying this month, and care for their kids.

all of this adds up to, you guessed it, way, WAY, less stress, leading to far greater mental health. this means less people turning to drugs and substance abuse, less lashing out against loved ones and crimes of desperation (and acts of crime period), less suicides, less burden on the healthcare system (leading to lower costs for everyone), and just overall benefits to all of society. (and lower costs.) higher wages might seem pricey, but it's not a cost - it's an investment. an investment in the future. an investment in your fellow human beings.

an investment that pays dividends to your own future as well.

kurzgesagt did an excellent video (and has many other excellent videos) explaining why you should have a selfish interest in caring about others well-being:

[embed=425,344]http://
/embed]

Offlinelowbrow
Paddy Time!!!!
Male

Re: Biden isn't taking your guns away but he's taking your 45 away. [Re: Psion] * 4
    #27051498 - 11/22/20 05:05 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Raising the minimum wage to $15 an hour is a good way to cause extreme inflation.

--------------------
Amanita86 said:
Sui is trying to mod right now.  Kinda like a newborn calf tryin ta stand fer the first time ain’t it..

OfflineSugabearcrisp
Not Your Average Bear
Male User Gallery

Loc: maybe I had too much, too fast
Re: Biden isn't taking your guns away but he's taking your 45 away. [Re: lowbrow]
    #27051534 - 11/22/20 06:04 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Anecdotal-ly I see more self service kiosks for checking out or ordering food at fast food restaurants in states with higher min wage and more adults bagging groceries, etc.  I would like to see the minimum wage for employees under 18 stay low, so that those entry level jobs don't disappear and kids can still get part time jobs while living at home.  Over 18, a living wage.

I have a relative who is a Better Business Board type republican that was very upset that trump was actually stopping undocumented aliens because of the cheap labor. He will lecture about how we need the Guatemalans to landscape and the pickers to pick the fruits and on and on. I think there is a large portion of the never trump republicans like him who are perfectly happy having this secondary exploitable work force. I think the traditional democrats also feel this way and they will let further left others call for open borders for humanitarian reasons but the reality is they want cheap labor. I have multiple people in positions of power at where I work who are democrats and have a cleaning lady named Rosa.

The whole idea that the left wants them here to vote is b.s. designed to rile up the America first trump populists. The establishment wants cheap labor and the fact that people argue both for high min wage and open borders should be a clue.

OfflineCracked Egg
Stranger

Re: Biden isn't taking your guns away but he's taking your 45 away. [Re: morrowasted]
    #27051554 - 11/22/20 06:32 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

morrowasted said:
Quote:

I think it's the brown Hillary Clinton people should be thinking of.

Jesus Christ, imagine having the kind of brain that would compel you to say some shit like this.

she is extremely different from clinton. but I'm 99% sure you're just calling her that because she is a woman

This was both funny and fucked up at the same time. Fucnny? <---- if that catches, please remember this day. Ages from now kids will gather around the camp fire singing about the old days. They will ask how the single most important word of all time was created.

It came from a man, an average man. It was early morning and he had gone to the bathroom and drank a beer while waiting for his ps5 to finish transferring gta5. To kill time he read a few threads on that old timey site, the shroomery, and that's when it happened. It was like his mind exploded into some sort of new energy. His mind had transcended..

"Wow! Oh my gosh! Yippee!"

You know, kids. You can visit that very bathroom, but it has a hefty ticket price.. to me it's worth it though. Some say the empty beer can is still there...

--------------------
People Say I'll Regret That In the Morning, So I Sleep Till Noon..

OfflineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

Re: Biden isn't taking your guns away but he's taking your 45 away. [Re: psi]
    #27052404 - 11/22/20 02:57 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

psi said:

This

--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

Offlineschmutzen
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

Loc: Miss Kitty's Lounge
Re: Biden isn't taking your guns away but he's taking your 45 away. [Re: lavod] * 3
    #27052447 - 11/22/20 03:37 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

lavod said:
-Fuck Biden

Take a breath.  Trump is #45.  Also, please fix your keyboard.

--------------------

"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order