Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon Agar, Microscope

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSporousSubstance
Stranger
 User Gallery

First Time Agar Help
    #27051195 - 11/21/20 11:31 PM (5 days, 12 hours ago)

Hi all,
I have recently begun the journey of learning how to cultivate, and I was hoping I could get some help. I have a pretty decent looking plate of B+ that is ready to be cleaned up, and I was having some trouble finding where to transfer from. The spots in the dish are sediment spots. Thank you in advance!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinescarabaeus
Stranger

Re: First Time Agar Help [Re: SporousSubstance]
    #27051238 - 11/22/20 12:02 AM (5 days, 12 hours ago)

All looks well. Question though - how did you inoc your plate? No matter what the method, it is always a good idea to stay away from the edges of the plate, because that is where microscopic contams get in. No matter if inocing a new plate, or taking wedges to transfer to a new plate -stay away from the edges of your plates. It is nice to see that you have wrapped your plates! But as a matter of establishing good technique, avoid the edges as much as possible. :mushroom2:.

OnlineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

Loc: Borderlands Flag
Re: First Time Agar Help [Re: scarabaeus]
    #27051270 - 11/22/20 12:21 AM (5 days, 11 hours ago)

Its not really clear enough to recommend an exact section, it looks like even growth to. Like he said above, your edges can be risky, id recommend transferring from the part close to center plate.

--------------------

:mushroom2:Trade List:mushroom2:

OfflineSporousSubstance
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: First Time Agar Help [Re: scarabaeus]
    #27051273 - 11/22/20 12:22 AM (5 days, 11 hours ago)

Thanks for the input! I inoculated with MSS, and I may have been a bit heavy handed with the plunger. This was one of four plates, two got contam. The other plate got cracked in the process of wrapping, but has the best growth for some reason. Thank you again!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon Agar, Microscope

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Ythan, geokills, Asante, Shroomism, RogerRabbit, mushboy, fahtster, wildernessjunkie, Ballerium, cronicr, bodhisatta
74 topic views. 5 members, 21 guests and 3 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Print Topic ]
Search this thread:
Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2020 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.003 seconds on 13 queries.