Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | 215 | 216 | 217 | 218 | 219 | 220 | 221 | 222 | Next > | Last >
Invisiblefunky123
Pilzfreund
Male User Gallery

Loc: Austria
Re: BOD's Easy AF UnBODified Monotub TEK (No Holes No Polyfil) [Re: Kontiki]
    #27031594 - 11/10/20 12:54 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Kontiki said:
Hey fellow shroomers!

I’ve tried this tek a couple of times and in the beginning most of the projects  worked fine but lately I have gotten a lot of mold into the monos. I am growing 3 tubs in a wardrobe (usually the doors are kept open). Now to the thing, I really can’t detect any mold in the jars (The jars I’ve got now were created via G2G in a SAB if that matters) before mixing 7 qt to one brick of coco coir, but almost each time mold is taking over the tub after a few weeks (basically when first flush is finished).

(Could mold spores be all around in the wardrobe since I’ve had tubs molding here before, and when I place the new tubs inside of it, the mold also gets inside the tub?)

I’ve bought new tubs since I feared the older steralites had mold spores still inside of them (unfortunately not Steralite  but similar size and form, but I think there’s more condensation and not as much FAE as when using the steralite)

could too much humidity/condensation inside the tub also increase the risk of mold?

Everything good to you my dudes :smile:

I'm speculating here - but I'd say that mould is often a result of overly careless and eager E of FA. Because this way all sorts of germs are being brought into the tub. I only make use of passive FAE through very small holes which reduces that risk. I guess for a more specific answer you'd have to share more about your setup - what your mono looks like and stuff.

--------------------
:nyan: Log for my 2nd Grow (with pix and chronology)

To shut up GIFs in Firefox: Go to about:config and set 'image.animation_mode' to 'none'. Then restart Firefox.
For any other browser (especially Chrome): Uninstall browser. Switch to Firefox. See above.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKontiki
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: BOD's Easy AF UnBODified Monotub TEK (No Holes No Polyfil) [Re: funky123]
    #27031686 - 11/10/20 01:49 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Hey

Im using a 6500k light, 12 hours on, 12 hours off. For the FAE I have attached tiny wedges On the edge of the box to create a gap all around the lid/box (see pic).

I have wiped off excess condensation  from the inside of the walls of the box since it was constantly wet and dripping down making the substrate closest to the walls soaked.

I’ve read by more experienced growers that mold to an a high degree (or always?) comes from bad spawn? (As stated before, I can’t discover any mold in the jars before mixing spawn to bulk, but in some jars there seems to be a few grains of oats in the top that never really gets colonized, could this be a lead to what is creating the mold in the monos perhaps (see worst jar example below)

Edited by Kontiki (11/10/20 01:52 PM)

OfflineA.k.aM
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaming the system
Trusted Cultivator
    #27031713 - 11/10/20 02:09 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Bad spawn is usually the source of contams but if you don’t have good conditions it’ll increase the chance the contams blow up sooner.

It looks like your coir was too wet and the pins are stretching for air. Air is good, as much as possible while still maintaining surface moisture is the goal.

--------------------
LAGM2020

Invisiblefunky123
Pilzfreund
Male User Gallery

#27031717 - 11/10/20 02:10 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Kontiki said:
Hey

Im using a 6500k light, 12 hours on, 12 hours off. For the FAE I have attached tiny wedges On the edge of the box to create a gap all around the lid/box (see pic).

I have wiped off excess condensation  from the inside of the walls of the box since it was constantly wet and dripping down making the substrate closest to the walls soaked.

I’ve read by more experienced growers that mold to an a high degree (or always?) comes from bad spawn? (As stated before, I can’t discover any mold in the jars before mixing spawn to bulk, but in some jars there seems to be a few grains of oats in the top that never really gets colonized, could this be a lead to what is creating the mold in the monos perhaps (see worst jar example below)

Wiping the inside of the tub could also easily introduce contamination. You probably should have just left it alone. Condensation should vanish through the FAE.

Another thing that comes to mind is strong flow of air due to heat from the lamp and the confined volume of your cabinet. Which might promote establishment of a temperature differential in your tub leading to condensation plus sucking in all kinds of stuff from the vicinity into the tub.

How about placing the tub outside? Reduce illumination to 8 hours during the day, maybe switch to less bright lamp. Maybe even placing a filter material in front of the FAE opening(s).

Good news is - your hands look healthy! Don't know for sure about the spawn as it is partly hidden behind your fingers. But what I can see looks a bit too moist and somewhat off - what grain is it?

--------------------

To shut up GIFs in Firefox: Go to about:config and set 'image.animation_mode' to 'none'. Then restart Firefox.
For any other browser (especially Chrome): Uninstall browser. Switch to Firefox. See above.

Edited by funky123 (11/10/20 02:13 PM)

OfflineDrunkMountainDude
TheGuyYouCallWhenUrStuckInThaMud
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere deep in them Pi...
    #27033613 - 11/11/20 03:22 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Thank you for all your TEKS! you are part of the reason I started growing, keep at it BOD. :cool:

--------------------

Offlinealland
Stranger
Male

Re: BOD's Easy AF UnBODified Monotub TEK (No Holes No Polyfil) [Re: DrunkMountainDude]
    #27042701 - 11/16/20 06:33 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Just another post to thank Bod for all his tireless work to educate and inform aspiring cultivators such as myself.  So much generosity to be had in these forums I am eternally grateful for.

--------------------
Always learning.. always growing.

Offlineihuntbacon
Stranger

Re: BOD's Easy AF UnBODified Monotub TEK (No Holes No Polyfil) [Re: alland]
    #27044107 - 11/17/20 03:58 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

I have 2 tubs going right now, B+ from MS. tub 1, I did as instructed but accidentally used 4L to 650 coir w/ 6 jars of quart spawn.  Tub 2, I used 3.25L water to 5 jars of quart spon.  Tub 1 started on 10/26, tub 2 on 10/30.  I started Fruiting on tub 1, 11-3, Tub 2, 11-10.  Tub 2 got pins first... all other factors the same since they are right next to each other.  tub 2 developed pins 2 days sooner than tub 1, even though it was a week later than the other tub.    Did tub 1 have too much water so that slowed the colonization/pin development?

Offlinepitriot
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: BOD's Easy AF UnBODified Monotub TEK (No Holes No Polyfil) [Re: ihuntbacon]
    #27045025 - 11/18/20 07:53 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

what do you mean by "fruiting"?

Offlineihuntbacon
Stranger

Re: BOD's Easy AF UnBODified Monotub TEK (No Holes No Polyfil) [Re: pitriot]
    #27046170 - 11/18/20 07:04 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Fruiting.. increased the fae and pins formed in the fruiting stage? Am I incorrect on my vocabulary?

Have others seen a difference in the time you get to pins varies by your subs water content?  Thanks

InvisibleMtbromo
The Bro

Re: BOD's Easy AF UnBODified Monotub TEK (No Holes No Polyfil) [Re: ihuntbacon]
    #27051166 - 11/21/20 09:02 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

What would happen if you took the whole tub lid off once your pins where a inch or so high? And misted when needed

Bigger fruits?

--------------------
Knowledge and Healing in a Handful.

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: BOD's Easy AF UnBODified Monotub TEK (No Holes No Polyfil) [Re: Mtbromo]
    #27051168 - 11/21/20 09:03 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

You'd grow mushrooms

InvisibleMtbromo
The Bro

Re: BOD's Easy AF UnBODified Monotub TEK (No Holes No Polyfil) [Re: bodhisatta]
    #27051175 - 11/21/20 09:13 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

I'm trying to grow big strong powerful mushrooms? You can grow skinny weak mushrooms, short fat mutant mushrooms, aborts, blobs. Different FAE and light seems to create different issues.

Striving for perfection not just simply "grow mushrooms"

--------------------
Knowledge and Healing in a Handful.

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: BOD's Easy AF UnBODified Monotub TEK (No Holes No Polyfil) [Re: Mtbromo]
    #27051203 - 11/21/20 09:35 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Then practice until you know good conditions that work well and do agar work to get good performing strains

OfflineA.k.aM
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaming the system
Trusted Cultivator
Re: BOD's Easy AF UnBODified Monotub TEK (No Holes No Polyfil) [Re: bodhisatta] * 1
    #27051213 - 11/21/20 09:41 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Once you have adequate light and fae, meaning your tub is dialed in, it all comes down to genetics.

You could choke them out and grow skinny sick looking ones if you wanted but beyond that there’s no control.

Running clones until you get a good one is the only way. Otherwise potency could be all over the place.

--------------------
LAGM2020

OfflineFrozen Jedi
nooberist
Male

#27051221 - 11/21/20 09:46 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Kontiki said:
Hey fellow shroomers!

I’ve tried this tek a couple of times and in the beginning most of the projects  worked fine but lately I have gotten a lot of mold into the monos. I am growing 3 tubs in a wardrobe (usually the doors are kept open). Now to the thing, I really can’t detect any mold in the jars (The jars I’ve got now were created via G2G in a SAB if that matters) before mixing 7 qt to one brick of coco coir, but almost each time mold is taking over the tub after a few weeks (basically when first flush is finished).

(Could mold spores be all around in the wardrobe since I’ve had tubs molding here before, and when I place the new tubs inside of it, the mold also gets inside the tub?)

I’ve bought new tubs since I feared the older steralites had mold spores still inside of them (unfortunately not Steralite  but similar size and form, but I think there’s more condensation and not as much FAE as when using the steralite)

could too much humidity/condensation inside the tub also increase the risk of mold?

Everything good to you my dudes :smile:

it seems to me that the issue is in your wardrobe. I'm assuming it's wooden, and you've been enclosing tubs in it at 100% humidity for several weeks. I'd investigate the inside of the wardrobe for signs of mold or bacteria. just my $0.02

InvisibleLoadedFish
Psilocybin Enthusiast

Re: BOD's Easy AF UnBODified Monotub TEK (No Holes No Polyfil) [Re: Frozen Jedi]
    #27051292 - 11/21/20 10:43 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Don’t know if it’s frowned upon here but I’m cross posting from cult general. Does anyone know if having excessive surface grains fucks your yield? I have a shit ton of surface oats and I’m only seeing knots form in the very few sections of coir on the surface, close to no knots forming on the myc that formed on top of the grains. Wondering if I’m about to see a flush of barely any shrooms

OfflinePBJ710
Strangler

Folding@home Statistics
    #27051314 - 11/21/20 11:04 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Frozen Jedi said:
it seems to me that the issue is in your wardrobe. I'm assuming it's wooden, and you've been enclosing tubs in it at 100% humidity for several weeks. I'd investigate the inside of the wardrobe for signs of mold or bacteria. just my $0.02

IMO, that spawn jar is way too bacterial to get expanded to a tub.  Almost all of the grains in contact with the glass have that smashed wet look to them.

Invisiblefunky123
Pilzfreund
Male User Gallery

Re: BOD's Easy AF UnBODified Monotub TEK (No Holes No Polyfil) [Re: PBJ710]
    #27051544 - 11/22/20 06:21 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

PBJ710 said:
Quote:

Frozen Jedi said:

IMO, that spawn jar is way too bacterial to get expanded to a tub.  Almost all of the grains in contact with the glass have that smashed wet look to them.

I'd attribute this to not properly dried grains.

--------------------

OfflineBrendanw
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: BOD's Easy AF UnBODified Monotub TEK (No Holes No Polyfil) [Re: Frozen Jedi]
    #27053609 - 11/23/20 09:01 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Any opinions what I should be doing here.. these started pinning 4/5 days ago? they look kinda stringy and unhealthy to me.. are these dehydrated? its really dry here but can I just add maybe like 100ml water to the substrate?

OfflineBrendanw
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: BOD's Easy AF UnBODified Monotub TEK (No Holes No Polyfil) [Re: Brendanw]
    #27054016 - 11/23/20 02:06 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

More pics.. pulled out those bigger ones and some pins that didn’t have fuzzy stems.. slight yellowing of the sub in parts seems like overhydration but the sub does seem to have had some shrinkage so I don’t know.. I have taken the lid off to try maximize the fae but any opinions to try save this grow would be appreciated.

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | 215 | 216 | 217 | 218 | 219 | 220 | 221 | 222 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate