Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Amazon Brown Rice Flour, Hot Plate, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinewondering dreamer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Underway
    #27050512 - 11/21/20 04:07 PM (6 days, 17 hours ago)

Ok so i ordered the DIY pf tek, i meant to order te ready to go set but didn't pay attention :rolleyes:

mixed the verm and brf together with water placed in myco pots
and had to steam sterilise the pots as my PC is a multi cooker type and im sure it only goes to 11psi and i wasn't sure how long to PC at that pressure or even if it would work.
so steamed for 90 mins, let cool to room temp.
then used a spore syringe of amazonians.

one question, what woud be the recommended amount to put in each of the 2 ports per pot, i used approx. 0.3ml in each port.

ive now placed the pots  in the cupboard next to the airing cupboard as its between 24c and 28c, will that be ok? sure ive read that's ideal temp.

guess i just wait now

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineel gordo
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Underway [Re: wondering dreamer]
    #27050684 - 11/21/20 06:17 PM (6 days, 15 hours ago)

if u dont use a flowhood,things usually tends to go better from 20C to 24C than 24-28, wich is more favorable to bacterial growth

OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

Loc: Borderlands Flag
Re: Underway [Re: el gordo]
    #27050693 - 11/21/20 06:22 PM (6 days, 15 hours ago)

Inoculation - You only need a drop. Less is more with this. Spore syringes have some amount of contams so the less you use, the less likely you have a problem.

Temp - You want room temp, give or take. You don't need to stress about perfect temps unless it's freezing cold.

Light is also good, many of these kits have bad/outdated info. A Cupboard doesn't sound like it gets light. I would follow these directions over anything the kit provided.

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24179086

/e there's truth to bacteria growing better at high temps than myc(>80f), but flowhood vs SAB isn't the reason. I'd just assume spore syringes have some bacteria, and contams come more often from mistakes & poor sterile technique. A flowhood is not a requirement, just a great tool that makes sterile work easier.

--------------------

:mushroom2:Trade List:mushroom2:

Edited by LtLurker (11/21/20 06:27 PM)

InvisibleWrightii
Stranger Danger
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#27050705 - 11/21/20 06:30 PM (6 days, 14 hours ago)

Quote:

wondering dreamer said:

had to steam sterilise the pots as my PC is a multi cooker type and im sure it only goes to 11psi and i wasn't sure how long to PC at that pressure or even if it would work.

I wonder about this. To me it seems that 90 mins at 11 psi would still be better than just steaming, since your also steaming it at 11 psi while reaching higher temps.
Someone with a less underbelly reasoning that can tell me which one would be better?
Might be nice to know for future growths :smile:

OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

Loc: Borderlands Flag
Re: Underway [Re: Wrightii]
    #27050897 - 11/21/20 08:07 PM (6 days, 13 hours ago)

Quote:

Wrightii said:
Quote:

wondering dreamer said:

had to steam sterilise the pots as my PC is a multi cooker type and im sure it only goes to 11psi and i wasn't sure how long to PC at that pressure or even if it would work.

I wonder about this. To me it seems that 90 mins at 11 psi would still be better than just steaming, since your also steaming it at 11 psi while reaching higher temps.
Someone with a less underbelly reasoning that can tell me which one would be better?
Might be nice to know for future growths :smile:

yes. For brf, 90-120 minutes without pressure is sufficient, and adding pressure gets it done faster. For example; You can steam sterilize grains in 8 hours, but 15psi only takes 2 hours. Pressures lower than 15psi will take somewhere in between, idk the exact conversion rate though. The pressure allows for higher temps, so it sterilizes faster.

--------------------

:mushroom2:Trade List:mushroom2:

Offlinewondering dreamer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Underway [Re: LtLurker] * 1
    #27051489 - 11/22/20 06:21 AM (6 days, 3 hours ago)

Thanks for all the replies.
Maybe next time i will try and use my electric pressure cooker and see what results are.
so ive just relocated the pots to another area which i was actually monitoring the heat as of lat night and it hovers around 21c to 24c and has in direct sunlight, so hopefully they will do better there.

im using myco pots i think they are called with the self healing ports, can i use them again once the cakes are out if i sterilise them ect

thanks again all

Offlinewondering dreamer
Stranger
 User Gallery

#27051491 - 11/22/20 06:30 AM (6 days, 2 hours ago)

actually just looked into the pressure cooker i have, it only gets to 7.25psi

so would it be ok when using brf to use it and let it run for 90 mins? as wrghtii mentioned it makes sense to me that it maybe more safer way to do it as its steamed and pressure albeit a lower psi

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Amazon Brown Rice Flour, Hot Plate, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started