Home | Community | Message Board

Reliable Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon Agar, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineqpc
Stranger
 User Gallery
who else clones pretty much anything from the wild?
    #27049361 - 11/20/20 07:21 PM (12 days, 19 hours ago)

i've been having a lot of fun lately cloning whatever i find in the wild that catches my eye, even if it isn't edible, psychoactive, or medicinal - i like to think of them as ornamentals, much like plants that are primarily grown just to look nice. so far i've just been cleaning up and growing out mycelium, but eventually i might try my hand at trying to get some of these to fruit.

surely, i can't be the only one who does this? anyone wanna trade notes and cultures?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleWrightii
Stranger Danger
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: who else clones pretty much anything from the wild? [Re: qpc]
    #27050183 - 11/21/20 10:56 AM (12 days, 3 hours ago)

Guilty!

After some hunting and transferring i managed to get oyster, lionsmane, Lepista nuda, Macrolepiota procera, shaggy mane, Psilocybe azuresence and psilocybe liniformans growing on plates. Love cloning from mushrooms you found yourself :smile:
Already transferred lionsmane, shaggy mane, Macrolepiota procera and the Psilocybes to rye.
The lionsmane and Psilocybes look good, but I'm not so sure about the shaggy mane and Macrolepiota procera.
Macrolepiota procera:

This one colonized sus fast, and the mycelium seems very thin and easy to fall apart - wouldn't suprise me if this is a contam.
Shaggy mane:

Looks less like a contam to me, but I'm still unfamiliair with this mushroom (growing it), so I'm not sure if I got what I wanted.

I also used to clone a lot from the supermarket, but finding it yourself is much more fun I recon. What do you have going on agar? and what are you planning on doing with it?

All the best!
-Wii

Offlineelpico
Stranger
Re: who else clones pretty much anything from the wild? [Re: Wrightii] * 1
    #27050833 - 11/21/20 06:45 PM (11 days, 19 hours ago)

For me, cloning stuff from the wild is what makes this hobby  most interesting and gratifying.  I've accumulated a decent library of stuff over the years.  It's like a little scrapbook of memories.  A lot of stuff I haven't gotten around to growing out, but I can't seem to get rid of.  Gets insane after awhile:)  Wild genetics can also show some amazing vigor and diversity!

Offlinesendmehummus
AT Hiker
Male User Gallery

Re: who else clones pretty much anything from the wild? [Re: elpico]
    #27050880 - 11/21/20 07:02 PM (11 days, 19 hours ago)

Definitely sounds like a fun hobby. I imagine myself in the future with a secret mushroom "library" where I have all species as LC in cold storage. In little vials like Jurassic Park haha.

--------------------
So if I try to grow mold, will my fav mushrooms contaminate my blocks instead??

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon Agar, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms