Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon Agar, Gypsum, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineShr000mer
Stranger
Small number of pins in monotub
    #27046592 - 11/19/20 01:54 AM (9 days, 6 hours ago)

Hi,

I am working on my first two monotubs which B+ and PE. After transferring from grain spawn to horse manure, vermiculite and gypsum and waited until monotubs were 100% colonized before putting in fruiting conditions.

I have a small fan pointing at adjacent wall and it is clear around my polyfil. Polyfil is packed loosely in top two holes and very tightly in bottom holes. Temperature is right around 73 degrees Fahrenheit and they are getting ambient light from the open window. 

They've been in fruiting conditions for about 6 days and one of the tubs has its first few pins which is exciting but there aren't very many at all. I count maybe 5-8 pins total in the whole 64 qt monotub.

Do I need to wait a few more days or is a low number of pins a sign of it needing something more....fanning, misting, more FAE?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a pic below. the first is the one with the low number of pins and the other has started pinning yet.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFredsGotSlacks
Lurker
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Small number of pins in monotub [Re: Shr000mer]
    #27047061 - 11/19/20 12:19 PM (8 days, 19 hours ago)

Your surface conditions looks really good. 
I would wait it out until you get more pins before introducing more FAE.  Although a lot of people on here go into Fruiting Conditions right off the hop.
Up to you mostly, either way, nice job!!

InvisibleWrightii
Stranger Danger
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Small number of pins in monotub [Re: FredsGotSlacks]
    #27050679 - 11/21/20 06:16 PM (6 days, 13 hours ago)

Yeah your conditions seem good; high humidity and enough FAE. In my experience the second flush is often more even/abundant anyway (although not always). IF you see more pins forming later, you can always pick the shrooms that were a bit to early (I do so at least, without noticing any downsides. Not everyone may agree) to stop them from sporulating all over the place.

A second factor might be genetics. If you use a MS syringe there is always a chance of having a bit sucky genetics and therefore low yields and/or uneven flushes. A nice next step might be cloning one of the good looking shrooms on agar, good chance that will result in more abundant flushes. (If you have not already done so ofcourse, just assuming here :wink: )

All the best!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon Agar, Gypsum, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started