Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinezauber
Stranger
 User Gallery

To Cover or not to Cover - Incubating King Oyster Shoebox
    #27050334 - 11/21/20 12:24 PM (12 days, 1 hour ago)

Hi there

First time posting but long time follower and learner here in the Forum, so, thanks for everything!

So I have this big fruiting chamber that I have put to good use these past few months, some frustrations aside It provided me with a healthy dose of oysters and kings.

After some time off I decided to give it a go again, and I'm trying to grow on big shoeboxes, to reduce waste, and I also enjoy the functionality.

As you can see I've put holes all around the box, and underneath aswell to provide drainage. (BTW the white stuff is just condensation, they were just inoculated)

:confused:NOW THE QUESTION:confused:: In order to preserve humidity (and prevent contamination), should I wrap in in a plastic bag, cover the holes with tape, turn up the humidity in the chamber? - What would you recomend???

I have no incubation chamber, so I want to get this out of the way before everything starts moving like crazy again. I have considered dividing the fruiting chamber in order to make a small fruiting chamber, but I'm fruting with the seasons, I have no temp control just the humidity and FAE.

Thanks in advance, I hope I can contribute to this wonderful community that has teached me so much these past few years!!!

--------------------

I'M LOOKING FOR BOLETUS

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineQuadman
Challenged
Male User Gallery

Loc: IL Flag
Re: To Cover or not to Cover - Incubating King Oyster Shoebox [Re: zauber]
    #27050348 - 11/21/20 12:38 PM (12 days, 1 hour ago)

I would just tape holes shut untill it starts to pin. Usually people just top fruit kings in boxes.

--------------------

Offlinedeadmandave
Slime
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: To Cover or not to Cover - Incubating King Oyster Shoebox [Re: Quadman]
    #27050407 - 11/21/20 01:32 PM (12 days, 35 minutes ago)

Be sure to leave some holes open for GE. That amount of holes might not even be a problem unless you have a very arid space but i doubt it since its your FC.

Offlinezauber
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: To Cover or not to Cover - Incubating King Oyster Shoebox [Re: deadmandave]
    #27050447 - 11/21/20 02:11 PM (11 days, 23 hours ago)

Thanks for the tips!

Maybe I'll tape the bigger holes, there are very small holes all around the box that I can leave open for GE.

Anyway I can use this as an experiment and see how the myc progresses with the taped holes.

I've fruited kings sideways from holes and it worked out pretty nicely, although they tended to grow in a very open shape. like huge fleshy oysters:

--------------------

I'M LOOKING FOR BOLETUS

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms