Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinezeusophobia1
Stranger
Any idea if mushrooms can cure me of being a diagnosed psychopath?
    #27049785 - 11/21/20 01:42 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

I'm trying to better myself through the use of mushrooms. I understand they help you feel emotions, which I don't have.

I first took .5 and all I got was a good mood and some barely interesting visuals on streetlights.

I then took 1.3 a few days later, and did not have much experience of emotions. I may have felt sadness for a dead friend for a half a second. I was really trying to feel something but failed the first time and mostly failed the second time.

Advice?

Edit: I'd also like to point out that I got bored part way through the second trip. Does anyone ever get bored on mushrooms?

Edited by zeusophobia1 (11/21/20 01:52 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleThe Thing
ТнغТнརиو
Male User Gallery

Re: Any idea if mushrooms can cure me of being a diagnosed psychopath? [Re: zeusophobia1]
    #27049812 - 11/21/20 02:57 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

So you're a paranoid-schizophrenic-psychopath..

:thataintright:

I have no idea if mushrooms can help you but by all means give them a chance, keep increasing the dosage if you feel comfortable.

:paranoid:

Report back.

No i never get bored on mushrooms, quite the opposite.

Offlinezeusophobia1
Stranger

Re: Any idea if mushrooms can cure me of being a diagnosed psychopath? [Re: The Thing]
    #27049826 - 11/21/20 03:17 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Correct, they can be comorbid

OfflinePhony Phone

Re: Any idea if mushrooms can cure me of being a diagnosed psychopath? *DELETED* [Re: zeusophobia1]
    #27049857 - 11/21/20 04:20 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by Phony Phone

Reason for deletion: -

OfflineNorthernerM
splelling chceker
 User Gallery

Loc: FNQ
Re: Any idea if mushrooms can cure me of being a diagnosed psychopath? [Re: Phony Phone] * 1
    #27049863 - 11/21/20 04:44 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Might help. Psychedelics can open new pathways in the brain.

No harm trying. Go large and see what happens.

--------------------
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

Offlinewolf8312
Pennywise
 User Gallery

Re: Any idea if mushrooms can cure me of being a diagnosed psychopath? [Re: Northerner] * 1
    #27049912 - 11/21/20 05:56 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

I've always been interested as to how psychopathic personalities respond to psychedelics. How do you find cannabis? Would you get loved up if you dropped X? Do you experience any fear when using psychedelics and is it possible to have bad trips?

But what's the background? How/why were you diagnosed as psychopathic and what are the reasons you decided to take mushrooms in order to try for some kind of cure? Are you not moved to do this out of care for your family or loved ones, or is it just because of legal issues or something?

--------------------
"I'm every nightmare you ever had. I am your worst dreams come true. I am everything you ever were afraid of."

Pennywise the dancing clown

Edited by wolf8312 (11/21/20 08:26 AM)

InvisibleMindMeower
lawnmower for the brain
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Any idea if mushrooms can cure me of being a diagnosed psychopath? [Re: wolf8312]
    #27049940 - 11/21/20 06:45 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Mushrooms let me experience stuff like empathy and other emotions that I normally completely lack, they are definitely worth to try.

--------------------
M(e)owing minds :mushroom2:

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Any idea if mushrooms can cure me of being a diagnosed psychopath? [Re: zeusophobia1]
    #27049995 - 11/21/20 07:51 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

psychopath?

hmm...

there is no cure for boredom, or for the "dont-care" illusions that are part of the "co-morbidity", although, if you can see life as a journey (as opposed to a gift, or a Disneyland ride - no refunds, no rewards) which takes effort and interest, and which is personal and unrelated to the games that go on between self and other, then, this could be a good route for you, trail blazer that you are.

it will take time and effort.
a lot of both.

read up, plan your space, create your own treatment plan, keep notes, make sure there is enough food and drink and hygienic comforts and get busy learning to connect and reconnect. Do not make a game out of it.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Offlinewolf8312
Pennywise
 User Gallery

Re: Any idea if mushrooms can cure me of being a diagnosed psychopath? [Re: MindMeower]
    #27050038 - 11/21/20 08:28 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

MindMeower said:
Mushrooms let me experience stuff like empathy and other emotions that I normally completely lack, they are definitely worth to try.

Try watching the movie CoCo and report back! It gets me every time, especially the final scene with the grandmother!

A psychopath does have the benefit of not having to deal with the pain of being human but also to never know what it feels like either.

Painful as it is at times, it is also beautiful.

Without the emotions though, very much like a mushroom trip, CoCo probably would just be a bunch of bright flashing colors!

--------------------
"I'm every nightmare you ever had. I am your worst dreams come true. I am everything you ever were afraid of."

InvisibleFerdinando
Male

Re: Any idea if mushrooms can cure me of being a diagnosed psychopath? [Re: wolf8312]
    #27050128 - 11/21/20 09:27 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

I agree with redgreenvines
make yourself your own therapist
make your life as if you were your own therapist
if that makes sense
and to you :smile:

one's life is somewhat like a laboratory
you want the good stuff
as little bad stuff as possible

--------------------
with our love with our love we could save the world

Offlinezeusophobia1
Stranger

#27050312 - 11/21/20 11:02 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

wolf8312 said:
I've always been interested as to how psychopathic personalities respond to psychedelics. How do you find cannabis? Would you get loved up if you dropped X? Do you experience any fear when using psychedelics and is it possible to have bad trips?

But what's the background? How/why were you diagnosed as psychopathic and what are the reasons you decided to take mushrooms in order to try for some kind of cure? Are you not moved to do this out of care for your family or loved ones, or is it just because of legal issues or something?

I'm prone to paranoia on cannabis. I haven't had a bad trip yet.

Pretty much the family thing. It seems shitty that my parents care so much about me yet I don't give a shit.

OfflineLosTresOjos
Humano
I'm a teapot
Loc: Hurling Through Space
    #27050527 - 11/21/20 02:20 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

I'm sure they do care a lot but its up to you to figure this out. Not them.

Invisiblefunky123
Pilzfreund
Male User Gallery

Loc: Austria
    #27050629 - 11/21/20 03:46 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

wolf8312 said:
Quote:

MindMeower said:

Try watching the movie CoCo and report back! It gets me every time, especially the final scene with the grandmother!

Is it about CoCo the Clown?

--------------------
:nyan: Log for my 2nd Grow (with pix and chronology)

To shut up GIFs in Firefox: Go to about:config and set 'image.animation_mode' to 'none'. Then restart Firefox.
For any other browser (especially Chrome): Uninstall browser. Switch to Firefox. See above.

Offlinewolf8312
Pennywise
 User Gallery

Re: Any idea if mushrooms can cure me of being a diagnosed psychopath? [Re: funky123]
    #27051006 - 11/21/20 07:05 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

funky123 said:
Quote:

wolf8312 said:
Quote:

MindMeower said:

Is it about CoCo the Clown?

Yes COCO the clown the movie! A deeply moving adventure with a clown and his wacky grandmother!

--------------------

Offlinewolf8312
Pennywise
 User Gallery

#27051047 - 11/21/20 07:33 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zeusophobia1 said:
Quote:

wolf8312 said:

Pretty much the family thing. It seems shitty that my parents care so much about me yet I don't give a shit.

Hum. I would be skeptical that you are indeed psychopathic if prone to any sort of anxiety or paranoia, though I'm obviously not an expert.

But from what I've read on the subject, one of the salient features of psychopathy seems to be a distinct lack of anxiety/paranoia/fear in situations others would find highly stressful, for example in prison. The way I understood the condition was that it exists on the opposite end of the mental health spectrum to things like anxiety disorders or psychosis.

This isn't coming from me by the way, but Robert Hare and Kent Kiehl (who went on to pioneer research into psychopathy) whose two books are probably the most informative and authoritative I have ever read on the subject (although Kents book is a little unfocused at times).

Ted Bundy for (extreme) example was on death row quite happily smoking Cannabis without a care in the world, whereas a person prone to worrying more, in that situation would probably have a panic attack! Psychopaths are just not really wired up to feel fear or worry about things, so if you do I would ask for a second opinion maybe!

But we still don't know how you came to be diagnosed as psychopathic? You didn't do it yourself online did you? :grin:

Are you prone to worrying or paranoia without cannabis?

As the adage goes too, if you're worried about being a psychopath you are probably not a psychopath!

--------------------

Offlinezeusophobia1
Stranger

#27051058 - 11/21/20 07:41 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

wolf8312 said:
Quote:

zeusophobia1 said:
Quote:

wolf8312 said:

Hum. I would be skeptical that you are indeed psychopathic if prone to any sort of anxiety or paranoia, though I'm obviously not an expert.

But from what I've read on the subject, one of the salient features of psychopathy seems to be a distinct lack of anxiety/paranoia/fear in situations others would find highly stressful, for example in prison. The way I understood the condition was that it exists on the opposite end of the mental health spectrum to things like anxiety disorders or psychosis.

This isn't coming from me by the way, but Robert Hare and Kent Kiehl (who went on to pioneer research into psychopathy) whose two books are probably the most informative and authoritative I have ever read on the subject (although Kents book is a little unfocused at times).

Ted Bundy for (extreme) was on death row quite happily smoking Cannabis without a care in the world, whereas a person prone to worrying more, in that situation would probably have a panic attack! Psychopaths are just not really wired up to feel fear or worry about things, so if you do I would ask for a second opinion maybe!

But we still don't know how you came to be diagnosed as psychopathic? You didn't do it yourself online did you? :grin:

Are you prone to worrying or paranoia without cannabis?

As the adage goes too, if you're worried about being a psychopath you are probably not a psychopath!

I don't have anxiety or fear. I do have paranoid delusions... which mushrooms don't seem to make worse so far. Weed makes it way worse.

I'm confident in the diagnosis.

I don't want to get too much into it as I don't want to seem too much like a monster here. A sense of right from wrong was instilled in me from a young age, so I'm not typically dangerous.

But I've been to jail and was just chilling. Even the first time. I've almost been murdered 4 times with the most recent being a week ago. The reason for almost is I can stay calm in any situation.

Last time I did mushrooms I was positive I was going to die but didn't really care and ended up rationalizing that not being able to breath was probably normal for mushrooms as I googled that it's normal for LSD. Wasn't even nervous.

I think I'd be doing less dangerous shit if I had a healthy sense of fear at the very least.

OfflineRise against
Stranger
 User Gallery

#27051298 - 11/21/20 10:50 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Try it and let us know what happens. I'd bump the dose up as much as you are able to handle. I get a lot of emotions in the 5g range. Maybe try 3.5g and see how that goes and increase if you are up for the journey. I don't think it's abnormal to get get bored on a 1.2g dose. I would to. When I take mushrooms I want to "launch." At 1.2 g I would just be wishing for more intensity

Edited by Rise against (11/21/20 10:52 PM)

OfflinePlutes
Curious
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Hampshire, UK Flag
Re: Any idea if mushrooms can cure me of being a diagnosed psychopath? [Re: Rise against]
    #27052310 - 11/22/20 01:54 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

"those that say they can, and those that say they cant, are both usually right." It's just a suggestion but maybe a daily mantra will rewire your conciseness.

it could be for an example, repeating to yourself, I am a kind caring compassionate loving person, I am everyone and everyone is me, I deserve to be loved the same as every other me.
I will clense my negative thoughts with kindness, I am the light that has arose above the dark.
there is no them only us.

At least your trying to make your parents happy, its powerful tool to know, that whatever you think of yourself you will become.

--------------------
First finds:-

OfflineTyperwritermonky
shboop a doop a doop

Loc: Mrs. Brown's Teahouse
Re: Any idea if mushrooms can cure me of being a diagnosed psychopath? [Re: Northerner]
    #27052335 - 11/22/20 02:09 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Northerner said:
Might help. Psychedelics can open new pathways in the brain.

No harm trying. Go large and see what happens.

Except for the actual harm that comes from people like him taking large doses, wigging out, and being restrained or arrested.

OfflineIgnorantape
Mycophile

Loc: The Indigo Plateau
Re: Any idea if mushrooms can cure me of being a diagnosed psychopath? [Re: Typerwritermonky]
    #27052797 - 11/22/20 06:57 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

No psychedelics do not cure psychopathy.

In one of his books Jon Ronson talks about an experiment in the sixties that involved giving LSD to diagnosed psychopaths in a criminal psych ward. Admittedly it was an appallingly designed experiment but the results were pretty conclusive.

It taught them how to better understand empathy in order to use it to their advantage. The recidivism rate for the inmates that went through this experiment was drastically higher than inmates with a similar history and diagnosis. In fact I think several of them went on to commit far worse crimes than what they were in for, murder and rape, etc. I'm sure you could find the details of the study of went looking for it.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals